Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

A Cry For Help. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Cry For Help. (19806 Views)

Appeal For Help / A Cry For Help / Woman Who Gave Birth To Twins Dies After, As Husband Solicits For Help. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Help. by weak45: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
good afternoon fellow nairalanders,sometime in september last year my 21yrs old brother came to me and showed me a hard lump on his left palm.

i suggested we go to the hospital and find out what it is,we never envisaged it will be a serious matter but unfortunately for us after series of test and visit to the oncology section of the federal medical center makurdi, alveolar rhybdomyosarcoma was suspected.

we started treatment procedure on the advice of the doctor and the first surgery to remove the tumor was done,a decision i doubted was the best as at that time. after the surgery,the body mass growth became more aggressive consequently we were referred to the university of nigeria teaching hospital in enugu.

at enugu series of test and scan were done and amputation was suggested but after the mri scan,one of the doctors told my brother that with the test result he doubted if amputation will actually stop the mass from growing from another body region,that alone dampened the spirit of my kid bro and he rejected the idea of losing his hand completely,we persuaded him to yield in to the advice and accept amputation but unfortunately he remained adamant.

it was a painful period for me considering the amount of resources i have put in and for the fact that my resources are lean and i know that i cant afford chemo if it comes to that. after a while he was already loosing so much blood and at a point he fainted and was admitted at the coouth awka emergency ward and was later moved to the general ward for treatment.

there it was discovered that the bone marrow no longer produces red blood cell,consequently he is now regularly placed on external blood supply. presently i have just little resources to continue his treatment as it is already taking toll on me considering that the hospital bills are expensive and my small business is not in it best time at the moment.

i want to appeal to compassionate and well meaning nigerians for financial assistance so as to further with the treatment procedures. no matter how small it will go a long way in ameliorating our sufferings. thank you all.

i have attached pictorial evidences to ascertain the veracity of my claims. God bless you as you read. note i have been on this site for a while though mostly as a guest,i opened this moniker for him so that he can be able to track progress in the eventuality of we getting a help from here.

currently progress has been made and amputation has been done with 3 chemo sessions already a success,thanks to all those who contributed both in cash and kind words. i was able to raise a total of 221k in all from this great forum since the creation of this thread. honestly it was a big push for me and i remain eternally grateful to you all.

i am still crying out loud for financial assistance to complete the process of the chemo as we have been able to figure out the accumulated hospital ward bills in our own capacity. i believe we have made a considerable progress and the end is in sight and it looks favorable to us. if not for the persistent coughing we would have been on the next session of the chemotheraphy but presently an x-ray of the chest is recommended and its all for good as it will give me ample time to raise more fund for the completion of the remaining sessions.

thank you all for following me through the dark hour and i pray the Good lord see you through in your own dark moments.

good morning fam. the last chemo session was a success and the usual after reaction is mild compared to previous ones.
hopefully the treatment is yielding positive result.

we are looking forward to a total healing in no distant time,i truly appreciate all our supporters for without you the journey will be tiresome as we can never do it alone. i pray you will all find it easy in your endeavors.

i still pray for your moral and financial supports as we make more progress. God bless and a pleasant day ahead to you all.

1 Like 9 Shares

Re: A Cry For Help. by ifyalways(f): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
Edited.

Geeez

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
i will upload other result from other labs
ifyalways:
Edited.

Geeez

haba aunty ify,i will upload other result from other previous labs we visited.

1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
if you have the means please dont ignore. mod pls help and take this post to fp for wide viewership.

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help. by Ishilove: 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2019
Oh oh oh my... embarassed embarassed embarassed

Christ cry

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2019
keeping hope alive. maybe one day we will smile again. i just hope someday all these will pass,and the family will be happy again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2019
Ishilove:
Oh oh oh my... embarassed embarassed embarassed

Christ cry
it is well my sister,i refrained from posting more grotesque pictures from the under arm region,i even had to post the one i posted just to prove the point.

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help. by Acidosis(m): 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2019
Why don't you try Twitter? This is a serious issue, you need all the attention you can get.

5 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help. by tolanibae(f): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
It is well with you
Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2019
Acidosis:

Why don't you try Twitter? This is a serious issue, you need all the attention you can get.
thank you,i will give it a try,hopefully we might pull through.

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 8:10am On Mar 29, 2019
tolanibae:
It is well with you
thank you.
Re: A Cry For Help. by egojeny1(f): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2019
weak45:
thank you,i will give it a try,hopefully we might pull through.
Jesu!

Try twitter fast without delay.
Wish ur little bro quick recovery.

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help. by deadkamalu: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help. by SKhanmi: 11:53am On Mar 29, 2019
Bank details are not complete
Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2019
SKhanmi:
Bank details are not complete
thanks for the notification,what an error on my own part. will modify immediately
Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 12:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
i am encouraged,i just got a 5k alert. truly it will go a long way. i pray the good lord provide you more than you will ever need and nobody in your family will suffer health calamity. GOD bless you. sincerely i am happy.
Re: A Cry For Help. by czarina(f): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2019
weak45:
i am encouraged,i just got a 5k alert. truly it will go a long way. i pray the good lord provide you more than you will ever need and nobody in your family will suffer health calamity. GOD bless you. sincerely i am happy.
Ask people to help you retweet on twitter. It's quicker that way.

It is well.
Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2019
czarina:
Ask people to help you retweet on twitter. It's quicker that way.

It is well.
thank you,did already even though no rt yet. you can help RT too. the handle is mudrock89. GOD bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help. by czarina(f): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
weak45:
thank you,did already even though no rt yet. you can help RT too. the handle is mudrock89. GOD bless
noted
Re: A Cry For Help. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
Chai, very sorry that ur bro encountered this at a young age. may his healing be permanent IJN.

3 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2019
Oria ajogbuo onwe ya

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help. by egojeny1(f): 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
YOLO18:
Oria ajogbuo onwe ya
Asin ehn!
I fear he may be amputated.

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
egojeny1:

Asin ehn!
I fear he may be amputated.
hopefully the final decision on amputation will be taken on Monday. We seriously hope the amputation will do as i am a financial wreck at the moment. I spend on the average 10k daily. I wont even consider chemo as it will be impossible to raise the money.

God willing if he is amputated and the cancer didnt spread to any region he can still live a normal life with one hand.
Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Still searching for that help. Joy have eluded my soul. Sometimes i wonder where is God when it hurts.
Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2019
had a terrible dream last night. pray for us,tomorrow hopefully the amputation will be done. i am still hopeful of getting a last minute helping hand.
Re: A Cry For Help. by czarina(f): 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
weak45:
had a terrible dream last night. pray for us,tomorrow hopefully the amputation will be done. i am still hopeful of getting a last minute helping hand.
been unable to log in my twitter account but I shared the username on some platforms. Hopefully, something comes out of it.

Keep the Faith at all costs. The last thing you need right now is fear or doubt. He is still God. Work on getting funding or even better, create a crowd funding account and I'm sure He'll perfect everything in His time.

Stay strong.

Modified;

Where's your location? Do you have beetroot there? Blending or juicing some may help with blood cell formation. Read up on it if you haven't and if you do not have it, I could send some down if you're in Makurdi. I'm in Jos and it's not scarce here at all though can be expensive.

Also, look up alternative/complimentary cancer treatment.

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2019
czarina:
been unable to log in my twitter account but I shared the username on some platforms. Hopefully, something comes out of it.

Keep the Faith at all costs. The last thing you need right now is fear or doubt. He is still God. Work on getting funding or even better, create a crowd funding account and I'm sure He'll perfect everything in His time.

Stay strong.

Modified;

Where's your location? Do you have beetroot there? Blending or juicing some may help with blood cell formation. Read up on it if you haven't and if you do not have it, I could send some down if you're in Makurdi. I'm in Jos and it's not scarce here at all though can be expensive.

Also, look up alternative/complimentary cancer treatment.
thank you for your concern ma,we are currently in coouth awka,the hospital is actually doing a wonderful job as to regard nutrition even though it is a bit expensive but their delivery is superb.

yes i am already working on any means i know to raise fund,i have auctioned some stuffs and hope on receiving payment today. i just hope they wont disappoint me. i am currently reading a book by phillip yancey "where is God when it hurts",it is doing wonders for me. thank you for caring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help. by czarina(f): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
weak45:
thank you for your concern ma,we are currently in coouth awka,the hospital is actually doing a wonderful job as to regard nutrition even though it is a bit expensive but their delivery is superb.

yes i am already working on any means i know to raise fund,i have auctioned some stuffs and hope on receiving payment today. i just hope they wont disappoint me. i am currently reading a book by phillip yancey "where is God when it hurts",it is doing wonders for me. thank you for caring
good to know the hospital is doing their bit. But I'll still want you to research complimentary/alternative therapy. Most times what weakens cancer patients isn't cancer itself during treatment, it's the treatment.

So his body needs all the help it can get nutritionally to stay withstand treatment.

P. S

I'm not selling anything. Just telling you what I know from several close experiences.

Good to know you've been doing your best to help your Faith.

Cancer is expensive, you may not be able to do it alone. Visit media houses, mention celebs with plenty followership. Contact big blogs.

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 10:09am On Apr 02, 2019
czarina:
good to know the hospital is doing their bit. But I'll still want you to research complimentary/alternative therapy. Most times what weakens cancer patients isn't cancer itself during treatment, it's the treatment.

So his body needs all the help it can get nutritionally to stay withstand treatment.

P. S

I'm not selling anything. Just telling you what I know from several close experiences.

Good to know you've been doing your best to help your Faith.

Cancer is expensive, you may not be able to do it alone. Visit media houses, mention celebs with plenty followership. Contact big blogs.
thank you for the kind words,the amputation have been done and he is recuperating. we just hope this will be the end of it.
Re: A Cry For Help. by czarina(f): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2019
weak45:
thank you for the kind words,the amputation have been done and he is recuperating. we just hope this will be the end of it.
Hoping so too. Thank God.

Hope he isn't depressed? Extend my regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help. by faithfull18(f): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2019
Oh God.
Re: A Cry For Help. by weak45: 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
czarina:
Hoping so too. Thank God.

Hope he isn't depressed? Extend my regards.
he is sad no doubt,i believe in due time he will come to terms with reality.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take / Things A Mom Should Tell Her Son / Oga Sir!!! Even If She Offends You, Eat Her Food.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.