Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. (88004 Views)

The Oldest Couple In Gelegele, Edo State. Husband Is 105yrs Old & Wife 95yrs / Woman Electrocuted In Lagos A Month To Her Wedding, Family Blames Fiancé (Photo) / My Husband Is Sexually Weak: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 28, 2015
Kollyman:

3 your infidelity ..
This is a controversial one,I believe in faithfulness ,let me make that clear first of all.Women being emotional beings feel the guilt of infidelity more than men.It is wrong to cheat,I will not condone it and by Gods grace will never .However,if you happen to err as humans often do and are remorseful, repent and confess to your God and take that secret to your grave. Revealing it can be disastrous and will serve no purpose.Just go and sin no more .If you are a habitual cheat,of course you should seek divorce rather than living in deception.

Keeping this from your hubby is like seating on a keg of gun powder. If he gets to find out by himself most especially where you were once an Olosho (Hooker), your own don finish. shocked

I believe you. You've just nailed it

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 28, 2015
AZeD1:
For all those who think people shouldn't come clean should people reveal their HIV/genotype status to their partners?

If yes please state the reason.

Good one and I hope it quells all the hypocrisy here. They will say it affects medically...but fail to realise the other might affect mentally which is also important for all round well-being.

It is just like a man convicted of multiple child molestation in Zimbabwe in the past and then relocates to Nigeria after serving 17 years in prison......and he is encouraged to let the past be the past by not revealing it to his bride to be because he has repented.

Jeez!!! Nigerians and fraud!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by CSTR2: 1:17pm On May 28, 2015
If my wife had a gory past or cheated on me and i found out after marriage or by myself, then sorry, the marriage is over.
I hate it when people try to take me for a fool.
If she came clean on her own volition, i probably would overlook it after a serious reprimand as long as it does not have any long-time consequences.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by oje4u(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2015
The secret you resolved to take down to grave is right dr in your soul, and it will condemn you in the after world. Face the challenge and confess all to your spouse so you can find rest in the world after. He or She just need your love so far you've changed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 28, 2015
cococandy:
You will be greatly misunderstood.
And misinterpreted on this thread.
It's a controversial one.

Wait for it.

I guess controversy is my middle name grin grin grin
Every wise woman knows the things I wrote there are 100% truth
Something prompted this thread
I have watched a marriage where the man had cheated many times then separated a few times.THey came back together and he moved to the guest room and totally neglected her then in that weak moment after months of torture,she had sex with an older family friend who basically took advantage of her vulnerability ,one day when the marriage seemed to be on the up,filled with guilt and without wisdom she knelt down ,cried and confessed and he divorced her.
True story
Up till this moment every story is about her cheating no one ever mentions his

If she had come to me with her guilt,God knows I would have advised her to shut her mouth .
SHe also regrets confessing
[size=18pt]
So ladies,if you are a good woman who wandered, confess to your God and keep your mouth shut [/size]

Imagine the stains

1. The marriage is over
2. The whole world knows what you did including little kids

[size=18pt]Keep your mouths shut I say[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by jadelyn007(f): 1:22pm On May 28, 2015
Depending on the kind of man u r with. Had a friend who cheated on her man n got pregnant, she confessed and was truely remorseful. The guy forgave and today they are married.

As for me if I happen to cheat mistakenly I aint confessing nada tongue
The only kind of info I'd be confessing is if I have HIV, a kid somewhere, been a prostitute or a damaged womb. Apart from the above mentioned, what the hell u want to know my body count for Wanna use it to withdraw money in the bank

Some info are not necessary unless it has a potential of damaging the relationship. If u cheated, but u r sorry and u r sure there r no loose ends in d affair u had, STFU please unless u are not interested in the relationship anymore.

Summary of the whole gist, weigh whatever info before letting it out

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by InZA: 1:23pm On May 28, 2015
Ploutos:
InZA,

Your thoughts.

There's no part of the Op's post that resonates with me. I absolutely, completely and emphatically disagree with all her points from 1 to 3 and any other number that follows after, from the same source.

It is clearly written in the good book that prescribes the tenets for marriage -

"A man shall leave his father and his mother and shall CLEAVE [be joined], to his wife and the [previously, before, up until now] two, shall become one flesh [united, inseparable, a reflection of each other] "

Adhering to the quoted verse above, it is absolutely impossible to hide anything from your spouse because by implication, you've become your spouse and your spouse has become you. When you look into the mirror... You see your spouse.... If that is the case, can you hide any injury from yourself?... If you stand in front of the mirror is there any part of your body that is hidden from your conscious self?.

I believe you should bare everything to your spouse. If your are going to leave out your past or any such elements like that, it means your spouse is not marrying you, the whole you, he's only marrying the fraction you have chosen to allow him know and that defeats the concept of onesness in marriage.

#Mythoughts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by VolvoS60(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2015
kilode100:

You think
Smh for you!

Newsflash!!... There are people with worse crimes and BTW,there are more from where that came from..

I haven't even told him about the my canine experiences yet, and he is already on the run.. cheesy cheesy

Woof Woof....
Yea right.

^^^^

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Daddi: 1:24pm On May 28, 2015
Gaborone:
I beg to differ...I don't agree with Number 3.

You cheat on your spouse, you tell them, otherwise, every other day in the marriage would be a lie. If confessing sounds like a difficult thing to do, then stay away from the crime.

It's one of those things that doesnt just go away, and confessing it to God alone isn't enough; you have to confess it to the other party who you swore to be faithful to.

^^^^
This is the message we should preach, not deceit through silence.
Be blessed the wise one

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

I have watched a marriage where the man had cheated many times then separated a few times.THey came back together and he moved to the guest room and totally neglected her then in that weak moment after months of torture,she had sex with an older family friend who basically took advantage of her vulnerability ,one day when the marriage seemed to be on the up,filled with guilt and without wisdom she knelt down ,cried and confessed and he divorced her.
True story

If she had come to me with her guilt,God knows I would have advised her to shut her mouth .
[size=18pt]
So ladies,if you are a good woman who wandered, confess to your God and keep your mouth shut [/size]

The man cheated and the onus laid on her to walk away but she did not. She did the same and the man also had the opportunity of making a decision. I repeat, God will never bless any marriage built on FRAUD. Stop encouraging fraud

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 28, 2015
1stCitizen:

The man cheated and the onus laid on her to walk away but she did not. She did the same and the man also had the opportunity of making a decision. I repeat, God will never bless any marriage built on FRAUD. Stop encouraging fraud

Infact if a man is cheating without remorse and the wife is also doing her thing on the side without remorse ,I won't even condemn her
They fit each other.they are a perfect match.Let her even come home with strange kids and call them his,I won't condemn her in that situation,it's a draw
That is a different thread though grin grin
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by 9jatatafo(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2015
AZeD1:

Stop spreading the fallacy of everybody has secrets or everybody has a past (when i say past i mean a shady past).
Lots of people don't have skeletons in their cupboards, if you do, you should be man/woman enough to own up and admit it.

You are the one spreading fallacy. Are all secrets shady? Stop misinterpreting what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Infact if a man is cheating without remorse and the wife is also doing her thing on the side without remorse ,I won't even condemn her
They fit each other.they are a perfect match.ket her even come home with strange kids,if won't condemn her in that situation,
That is a different thread though

At the risk of derailing this thread, I disagree.....in such situation they do not have any business being together. Marriage should not be a do or die affair.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

True story

So ladies,if you are a good woman who wandered, confess to your God and keep your mouth shut
The same God said confess your faults one to another.

There is no repentance without confession. Truth is, if you have an ugly past, get over it yourself first. Amend your ways (if you haven't) and love the new you. Anyone that finds it difficult to accept your past doesn't love you. This is what love is - not the feeling.
Yes it matters! It matters a lot. Any information that will the decision to sign the dotted lines matters. Else, you would be living a lie and committing fraud. Just so you know, ugly truths always have way of coming to the surface.

PS: Opening up applies to both the man and woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Daddi: 1:35pm On May 28, 2015
@ babyosisi, I pity any lady that goes with this ur idea. Trust is key in "A GOOD" marriage. Whenever its affected, trust me you won't like the union again. Secondly marriage is not a tussle ground or a place man and woman drag equality. Have a lot to say but in summary 7/10 ladies that practice the core of this your advice 'll live in regret of it. I'm settling a similar case of this presently

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 28, 2015
Ploutos:
The same God said confess your faults one to another.

There is no repentance without confession. Truth is, if you have an ugly past, get over it yourself first. Amend your ways (if you haven't) and love the new you. Anyone that finds it difficult to accept your past doesn't love you. This is what love is - not the feeling.
Yes it matters! It matters a lot. Any information that will the decision to sign the dotted lines matters. Else, you would be living a lie and committing fraud. Just so you know, ugly truths always have way of coming to the surface.

PS: Opening up applies to both the man and woman.

Stop using the scripture fraudulently
There is no place the bible encourages anyone to go talking about their past
When Jesus met the prostitute the people wanted to stone,he forgave her and asked the crowd to cast a stone if they hadn't sinned
He didn't tell her to go telling the wives of all the men she had chopped to forgive her.
It wasn't necessary

The bible says let him who stole,steal no more
So let she who chopped,chop no more

Fornication is a sin one commits against one's own body
If God forgives you and you have forgiven yourself,that ends it

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by 9jatatafo(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2015
BABE3:

hmm. I hear that all the time. Do we all have secrets or its just something we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better about our secrets?

How I wish God can just open your records in the book of life and we will see how clean you are

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 28, 2015
Gaborone:
I beg to differ...I don't agree with Number 3.

You cheat on your spouse, you tell them, otherwise, every other day in the marriage would be a lie. If confessing sounds like a difficult thing to do, then stay away from the crime.

It's one of those things that doesnt just go away, and confessing it to God alone isn't enough; you have to confess it to the other party who you swore to be faithful to.

^^^^
This is the message we should preach, not deceit through silence.
Women like you still give us hope for finding a virtuous wife unlike the poster.
@Babyosisi: God help your Husband,if this is what you will teach your daughters,God help them too.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 28, 2015
InZA:

There's no part of the Op's post that resonates with me. I absolutely, completely and emphatically disagree with all her points from 1 to 3 and any other number that follows after, from the same source.

It is clearly written in the good book that prescribes the tenets for marriage -

"A man shall leave his father and his mother and shall CLEAVE [be joined], to his wife and the [previously, before, up until now] two, shall become one flesh [united, inseparable, a reflection of each other] "

Adhering to the quoted verse above, it is absolutely impossible to hide anything from your spouse because by implication, you've become your spouse and your spouse has become you. When you look into the mirror... You see your spouse.... If that is the case, can you hide any injury from yourself?... If you stand in front of the mirror is there any part of your body that is hidden from your conscious self?.

I believe you should bare everything to your spouse. If your are going to leave out your past or any such elements like that, it means your spouse is not marrying you, the whole you, he's only marrying the fraction you have chosen to allow him know and that defeats the concept of onesness in marriage.

#Mythoughts
Well said!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 28, 2015
What a shameful write up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 28, 2015
The Poster is actually forcing people to accept her point of view. Now that's a guilty persons action,Madam you didn't have to come to nairaland for us to help soot the decision you have made to deceive your hubby,in as much as there are more of women like you in this world,please try not to poison the character of those who have decided that openness and honesty is a virtue they will uphold. you give women a bad name.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by cococandy(f): 1:43pm On May 28, 2015
@bold grin grin grin
Jahblessme:
HOLY!! HOLY!!! HOLY!!!

I love how when its woman matter they all start preaching confess confess.
Those people talking no vex oo but have you confessed totally how many prostitues you slept with or you are still sleeping with?

How about the one night stands?

How about the times you got your ex pregnant and she aborted?

Our society is NOT the right environment for any female to confess anything.If your brother comes and tells you his gf had 6 abortions, cheated on him or was an ashana won't you be the first to say dump her?? No matter how courageous she was or how reformed? Na una go scream 'harlot' pass.

Aren't 95% of you virgin hunters?? Una go poke but want to marry unpoked.Sorry.No wonder hymen repair is rampant.Sleep around, then go and become virgin again to fool d fools.And they'll be boasting,I married her a vajinn.Disregardng soo many other things about her character which are important.Was it not the other day that some governor married a chick and claimed he was disciplined while married to his first wife of blessed memory?? This same man famed for being a man -LovePeddler with uni chicks? shouting he married his wife cos she's a vajin? he and his mother also insulted Nigerian women grin

Abegg when men speak like others are dirt cos of any se xual past why would any sane thinking girl come out to really really talk about her body count?

Confess ko confess ni. Only an idi ot with a past would be reallly honest to the average Nigerian man.If you are caught red handed or if there's really no way out,then you can tell the truth as much as you feel is permissible cos a good percentage of the time,it will be used against you.

If you have chopped within or without the marriage/relationship, clean mouth quietly,discuss with your maker and move on.How many times has he come to you to confess that he chopped outside too? Even most men caught in the act will deny till they are blue in the face.

Only confess if you are ready to take a gamble that the relationship will die.If you are sick of his tired ass,please go into minute details ,he will flee by himself.

If you want to talk of the past,have u dated other people? - yes or no. body count questions are usually asked by the sanctimonious - avoid answering,its not his bizniz. abortion nko- of he asks,ask him how many he has taken part in first. A non judgey guy would never ever want to go into fine details cos he believes past is past,but the one wey go ask what color of pant you were wearing for each se xual act?? Flee.

Till Nigeria stops shaming women for having and acting on their sexual urges,nothing like confession.Mr Femi Kayode released na ked pictures of his ex gf when their relationship went south and he went to the extent of shaming her family and giving details of secrets she 'confessed' to him. ladies,talk at your own risk!

After all,if confession is so good why do the men who have forgiven cheating partners lie about it and join the crowd to shout God forbid,kick her out.Simple,its cos it is a taboo for them to accept that someone shined Congo better than them and they'd be laughed at for still going on with the 'slut'.

Talk if u have HIV or life threatening disease ,just be careful what you give away in the name of 'confession'.Daz all
I deviated a lot,sorry.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by bukatyne(f): 1:43pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

True story

[size=18pt]

Imagine the stains

1. The marriage is over

I think This is one aspect that really discourages coming out clean for women

But again, the wife was not forced to forgive the man na.

She made her decision, the husband made his.

Though the husband should have let go. His case is like the story of the wicked servant in the Bible.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 28, 2015
Jahblessme:
HOLY!! HOLY!!! HOLY!!!

I love how when its woman matter they all start preaching confess confess.
Those people talking no vex oo but have you confessed totally how many prostitues you slept with or you are still sleeping with?

How about the one night stands?

How about the times you got your ex pregnant and she aborted?

Our society is NOT the right environment for any female to confess anything.If your brother comes and tells you his gf had 6 abortions, cheated on him or was an ashana won't you be the first to say dump her?? No matter how courageous she was or how reformed? Na una go scream 'harlot' pass.

Aren't 95% of you virgin hunters?? Una go poke but want to marry unpoked.Sorry.No wonder hymen repair is rampant.Sleep around, then go and become virgin again to fool d fools.And they'll be boasting,I married her a vajinn.Disregardng soo many other things about her character which are important.Was it not the other day that some governor married a chick and claimed he was disciplined while married to his first wife of blessed memory?? This same man famed for being a man -LovePeddler with uni chicks? shouting he married his wife cos she's a vajin? he and his mother also insulted Nigerian women grin

Abegg when men speak like others are dirt cos of any se xual past why would any sane thinking girl come out to really really talk about her body count?

Confess ko confess ni. Only an idi ot with a past would be reallly honest to the average Nigerian man.If you are caught red handed or if there's really no way out,then you can tell the truth as much as you feel is permissible cos a good percentage of the time,it will be used against you.

If you have chopped within or without the marriage/relationship, clean mouth quietly,discuss with your maker and move on.How many times has he come to you to confess that he chopped outside too? Even most men caught in the act will deny till they are blue in the face.

Only confess if you are ready to take a gamble that the relationship will die.If you are sick of his tired ass,please go into minute details ,he will flee by himself.

If you want to talk of the past,have u dated other people? - yes or no. body count questions are usually asked by the sanctimonious - avoid answering,its not his bizniz. abortion nko- of he asks,ask him how many he has taken part in first. A non judgey guy would never ever want to go into fine details cos he believes past is past,but the one wey go ask what color of pant you were wearing for each se xual act?? Flee.

Till Nigeria stops shaming women for having and acting on their sexual urges,nothing like confession.Mr Femi Kayode released na ked pictures of his ex gf when their relationship went south and he went to the extent of shaming her family and giving details of secrets she 'confessed' to him. ladies,talk at your own risk!

After all,if confession is so good why do the men who have forgiven cheating partners lie about it and join the crowd to shout God forbid,kick her out.Simple,its cos it is a taboo for them to accept that someone shined Congo better than them and they'd be laughed at for still going on with the 'slut'.

Talk if u have HIV or life threatening disease ,just be careful what you give away in the name of 'confession'.Daz all
I deviated a lot,sorry.

Don't mind them
You have spoken wisely
Confess the necessary things only.
He is not your God

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

When Jesus met the prostitute the people wanted to stone,he forgave her and asked the crowd to cast a stone if they hadn't sinned
He didn't tell her to go telling the wives of all the men she had chopped to forgive her.
It wasn't necessary

James 5:16...Confess your sins to one another.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by bukatyne(f): 1:46pm On May 28, 2015
Gaidenk:
The Poster is actually forcing people to accept her point of view. Now that's a guilty persons action,Madam you didn't have to come to nairaland for us to help soot the decision you have made to deceive your hubby,in as much as there are more of women like you in this world,please try not to poison the character of those who have decided that openness and honesty is a virtue they will uphold. you give women a bad name.

The OP gave her opinion on an issue and supports it. This is not about teaching women to deceive their husbands or not.

I am 100% sure a lot of men Don't come clean to Their spouses too.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by armyofone(m): 1:47pm On May 28, 2015
The bolded is grin he who that chopeth, chopeth no more...forgiveness is in thy hands oh Lord.

babyosisi:

It wasn't necessary

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Sop using the scripture fraudulently
It wasn't necessary
You are accusing me of something you just did with this post which I didn't do.

Was Jesus intending to marry her?? And the only thing you disagreed with was the scripture I quoted.

When you say you are marrying someone, you should know who you are marrying. Building marriage on fraud in the name of been smart will lead that union in a shipwreck. It's better both parties are opened to each other before they sign the dotted lines and enter marriage with all their hearts having nothing to fear or keep telling lies to cover up some stuffs rather than finding out you really don't know the person you married. I'd be heartbroken to find out that I married a stranger.

Everything you've said is based on fear of what may happen if he knows the truth. 1 John 4:18 comes to mind. It reads: There is no fear in love. But perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. Your stance can be likened to justifying Peter's denial of Jesus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Has he told you how many abortions he sponsored?

grin grin grin

Guys: how many abortions have u sponsored?

grin grin

ABORTION SPONSORS grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

True story

[size=18pt]

Imagine the stains

1. The marriage is over

In this story they were on borrowed time. I think he divorced her because he was tired of her not because of her infidelity. I however agree that the past should remain in the past except it has any bearing on the present or the future.
9jatatafo:

How I wish God can just open your records in the book of life and we will see how clean you are

There was a day in church and a thought popped into my head
What if a scroll appears on the screen detailing the thoughts ,imaginations and actions of every single man or woman in that church
Race go tear
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by RuuDie(m): 1:51pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Honey,if a woman wants to cheat,for the most part the man will never find out
Men cheat foolishly with neighbors and house girls and co workers
Women who cheat are calculated and sleek
You will never know

You seriously believe this...!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / Meet Young Man With 9 Wives Who Created Sex Roster For All 9 Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.