Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked (7742 Views)

Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / Oluwole Awolowo Is Dead? / Gbenga Daniel's Former Aide Apagun Oluwole Olumide Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by debosky(m): 8:33pm On Feb 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

He may have taken it from your village, have u forgotten you are fugly! tongue grin
Well said mate, ALL ugly people from Osun state can trace their origins to hot trash's village. sad

Ojo is not Yoruba in any sense - the stupid ex-military man screwed up and deserves to be fired.

To ask whether Yar'adua would do the same is a pointless exercise - this act is wrong and unacceptable, SIMPLE. Whether or not it would be applied to someone else is immaterial. This man screwed up and has been rightly punished. We should stop excusing bad behaviour on the grounds that 'x would not be punished for this'. what is wrong is wrong.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2009
Maaan that guy is stooopid makes you wonder the knid of sloww thinking idiots we have running things - at his level - he is writing that sort of letter shocked shocked

if he had said it to ojo's face, he could have denied it. but no - the fool went and used the same medium used to seal contracts, marriages, certificates etal - the written document

meanwhile - NL tribalists beware! we are downloading pages of your tribalist rants for use in the future - who knows whose ministerial ambitions will be scuttled 10 years from now by some nasty posts grin grin- nairagate
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by MrCrackles(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2009
oyb:

Maaan that guy is stooopid makes you wonder the knid of sloww thinking idiots we have running things - at his level - he is writing that sort of letter shocked shocked

if he had said it to ojo's face, he could have denied it. but no - the fool went and used the same medium used to seal contracts, marriages, certificates etal - the written document

meanwhile - NL tribalists beware! we are downloading pages of your tribalist rants for use in the future - who knows whose ministerial ambitions will be scuttled 10 years from now by some nasty posts grin grin- nairagate

RLMFAO! grin
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Tonim(f): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2009
bawomolo:

Mrs.Tonim, these Yoruba politicians aren't feeding you. Were you born to support yoruba people even though they are WRONG?

Come o, are you stalking me ? didn't you read where I said the ambassador was wrong ?

OsunAmazon:

Will Yaradua do the same if this man is Hausa or Fulani?

capital N.O.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Jairzinho(m): 9:02am On Feb 16, 2009
The 'diplomat' obviously has very little functioning braincells. We all know Ojo & Yar'Adua have issues. .  . . but what the man did is reprehensible ! talking about Biafra & all that is so,so low . .  . . .  . .

Really sad the kind of examples of Yoruba military people we are hearing about -- Obasanjo,Diya,Admiral 'brutalise Uzoma Okere' & now this mugu 'general'. .  .really sad indeed.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by essentialB(f): 10:19am On Feb 16, 2009
Osisi is my babe any day and anywhere. All you haters of Osisi  a very big SHAME ON YOU
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Lagosboy: 11:06am On Feb 16, 2009
2 foolish men. Madueke is just an erratic fellow . A general would always be a general.
How can this useless ambassador bring up Biafra after 34 yrs into play. The general himself is a tribalist and I think it is correct in recalling the fellow. That man is around 7f or thereabout and he should go retire, all these people have been looting us since the 70's and they don’t want to ever leave the scene .
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Jairzinho(m): 3:08pm On Feb 16, 2009
Another side to the story:

[center]The Inside Story:

Nigeria's Ambassador to US fired?

Saharareporters, New York[/center]

The recently announced "sack" of Nigeria's ambassador to the US, General Oluwole Rotimi (Rtd) has revealed deep divisions in the team of Nigeria's Supreme Court-imposed president, Umaru Yar'adua. The ambassador, who spoke to Saharareporters briefly about his ordeal, said he is yet to receive any letter of sack from Yar'adua, contrary to a report by Thisday newspaper. When SaharaReporters reached Nigeria's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ojo Maduekwe, he also refused to speak about the reported sack of the ambassador. Throughout an intense question and answer with Saharareporters, he maintained he was away from Abuja and attending a burial. He directed our reporters to call "the headquarters in Abuja" to find out what is happening.

Diplomatic sources told Saharareporters that Maduekwe was pushing the sack of the ambassador and might have used newspaper reports to pressurize Yar'adua to act upon the decision to sack Oluwole, since it was taking too long. The minister, according to our sources, had reported the Ambassador to Yar'Adua during the swearing-in–ceremony of President Atta Mills in Accra. Maduekwe reportedly made available to Yar'Adua a letter allegedly written by General Rotimi and circulated widely within the Minister's close-knit circle, including former president Olusegun Obasanjo. In it, the ambassador allegedly claimed to have defeated the Biafran Army while he was "Adjutant –General" in the Nigerian Army, but General Rotimi denies ever writing such a letter. He told Saharareporters that he was never an "Adjutant General" in the Nigerian Army but a "Quarter-Master-General". Standing his ground, he asked the media to ensure that whomever made the allegation substantiates it. He claimed that as an old man, he has friends across Nigeria and could not afford to put such a divisive statement in a letter to the minister. With Maduekwe refusing to speak about the issue, Saharareporters has not been able to confirm the existence of the letter officially. Our inquiries from one of the Thisday writers of the story did not yield any results: we were directed to speak with the Thisday Saturday editor in Lagos who is supposedly in possession of the letter that is now the subject of an intense ethnic and political debate.

Further investigations by Saharareporters show that although the Minister for Foreign affairs may be using ethnicity to make his point in getting Rotimi recalled, he not exactly a respecter of people of his ethnic origin. Only last year, in a fit of anger, he wrote several letters in which he deployed and redeployed Nigeria's female Charge d'Affaires in Ethiopia, Mrs. Chigozie F. Obi-Nnadozie. He eventually sent her off to Trinidad and Tobago. Also a US-based Professor, Mobolaji Aluko, told Saharareporters that the minister, while he campaigned for former dictator Sanni Abacha to transmute into a civilian president in 1998, told him that they will have to solve the "Yoruba problem" Aluko said he still has Maduekwe's "final solution to the Yoruba problem in Nigeria" ringing in his ears since 1998. "Tell him that I said so, and ask him whether I did not confront him with it right there in New York at the Council of Foreign Relations". Abacha died soon after those events and Maduekwe moved to the new power brokers. His search for strong authority brought him to the top of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2007.

Sources say Madukwe may have resented Ambassador Rotimi from the beginning because it was Obasanjo who nominated the ambassador as the former president was reconciling with his successor last year after a prolonged period of frosty relations. Yar'adua's supporters however became concerned that Washington DC was too sensitive to be left in the hands of Obasanjo and his men. As a result, the ambassador was left in the cold over official diplomatic activities and his deputy, Ambassador Wakili, dealt directly with Maduekwe and the presidency. General Rotimi, Saharareporters learnt, resented having to follow the minister around, on account of his advanced age, especially as Maduekwe has a taste for frequent and prolonged trips to the US. "The minister was notorious for spending weeks in the US just roaming around", a source in the Nigerian embassy told Saharareporters. During the United Nations General Assembly and the recently concluded inauguration of President Obama, Maduekwe spent several days in the US doing nothing in particular. As Nigeria's representative to the General Assembly, he was not allowed to make his presentation until almost everyone had left; even then, it was merely to read the speech of Yar'adua, who could not attend on account of his failing health.

SaharaReporters also learnt that the Federal government sent two delegations to the Obama inauguration from Abuja even though no invitation had been sent to Abuja. Chief Emeka Anyaoku led one delegation while Minister Maduekwe led yet another. Ambassador Rotimi ran into trouble with Maduekwe when he requested that the two teams be merged together for managerial and reception reasons. Maduekwe, who is known to be a highly-egotistical man, refused all entreaties to accept that the older, more experienced Chief Anyaoku lead the two teams. He was also enraged by the refusal of the ambassador to surrender his inauguration tickets to him so that he could lead the Nigerian delegation to the inauguration. But this could not be done because the US Secret Service in Washington D.C. would not substitute or permit an uninvited Foreign Minister in place of an accredited Ambassador. Both Maduekwe and General Rotimi are close to former president Obasanjo, but as things fell apart between the duo, Maduekwe is said to have portrayed to Yar'adua that General Rotimi is still loyal to the former president as Rotimi had visited Obasanjo while the latter while Obasanjo was at the UN to present his report on the peace mission in the Congo. Coincidentally, Maduekwe himself also met with Obasanjo extensively and reportedly bad-mouthed Yar'adua to Obasanjo, telling the former president that Yar'adua arrives at Federal Executive Meetings (FEC) seated before everyone and doesn't move or speak as such, underscoring the gravity of his sickness. Saharareporters sources said Yar'adua will likely approve a statement by next week recalling Oluwole, since his hands have now been forced.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2009
i do not dispute the latest article as i believe ojo maduekwe is a tosser and capable of anything.

Rotimi Oluwole will remain a tribalist boor if he made that statement.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by KnowAll(m): 10:44pm On Feb 16, 2009
But what is a man that was Governor of western state in 1971 still doing in politics in 2009 that is almost 37 years ago. By now the man will almost be senile.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by presido1: 12:18am On Feb 17, 2009
KnowAll:

But what is a man that was Governor of western state in 1971 still doing in politics in 2009 that is almost 37 years ago. By now the man will almost be senile.
Thats Nigeria for you.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by thetruth90: 9:09am On Feb 17, 2009
KnowAll:

presido1:

Thats Nigeria for you.

it is an open secret that the majority of those in power today were brought in from the recycle bin. grin
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by 1luvkipsus: 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2009
Even though everybody knows ojo maduekwe is a fool

Which 'everybody' knows Ojo Maduekwe as a fool?? See a common lazy, poor and very unpopular Nigerian calling a Foriegn Minister a fool. If only some mouths could be briddled!!!!

Will Yaradua do the same if this man is Hausa or Fulani?

Hausa/Fulanis can never be this brutal and uncivilized. We know the people in this country that suffer from this mouth diorrhea, and I wasn't suprised when I heard the name of this man.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Becomrrich: 12:58am On Feb 18, 2009
Nigeria is not a serious nation.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by osisi2(f): 1:32am On Feb 18, 2009
Arnold,like I said earlier,whoever labelled you a man at birth made a huge mistake.
karmamod tried this line last year and failed and here you are ,acting a fool.

Why not quote me in context rather than picking and choosing what you want your hearers to read.
Now this was my statement in full.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-18580.32.html#msg541705
Re: What Have You Heard About Other Tribes In Nigeria? « #46 on: August 03, 2006, 01:45 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard that those yoruba women sitting and selling in the market place also defecate in those containers they are sitting on and could be selling you things at the same time.

I heard that they are very dirty also.

I heard they borrow money to do all that owa mbe

that Yorubas are unreliable.

that they are all mouth and no action,remember Jegede Shokoya of masquerade

that Hausas are very truthful and trustworthy

that Igbos would kill for money

all 419ers are Igbos

that bini girls are mainly prostitutes
bini men are armed robbers

that Ijaws are whiners and complainers

calabar people are the best cooks
calabar girls are the best wives

these are just stereotypes,I'm sure it's not true,there are good and bad in every tribe.
But Yinka wanted to hear stereotypes,there you go

anyone foolish enough to believe a half truth is a fool.

If I believe those things about Yorubas ,do I also believe Igbos are 419ers?
Even if you lived a thousand lifetimes,you'll never be half as smart.

and as for the Awo comments that pain you so much so that you've quoted them for 2 years
I stand by them squarely
Awo was a  bloody tribalist and died with the blood of innocent children on his hands.
The Spirit of those kids he starved to death must have haunted him and anyone like him  till the cold hands of deathy snatched up his cold soul
Quote me anyday and I will produce the documents to buttress my low opinion of him.He must be sharing a flat with Hitler in the great beyond if he didn't repent.

As for tribal marks on kids and FGM, they are barbaric and belong in the dark ages.Thankfully Osun state condemned it and I was the first to give the officials a high five on that thread.
Whipping up cheap sentiments shows how immature you are,
If you have tribal marks,deal with it or set up funds for plastic surgery like some have done or better yet, sue your parents like some poster planned on doing. cool
It is barbaric I say
add that to your quote.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by adconline(m): 1:43am On Feb 18, 2009
the same Ojo maduekwe who called igbo's quest for presidency 'idiotic' As per the Rtd Gen, it tells you the mindset of those running Nigeria. One Nigeria! Amen
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Becomrrich: 1:50am On Feb 18, 2009
Osisi, if awo is a tribalist, then you do not understand politics. Ask Obama , when he was senator, was is view on the floor of the USA senate not for the progress of his state. This is what senators do. And that was what awo did. Have you heard of the famour chicago politics.

And you can not link awo to any killing of igbos. If you can the internet is open. Post it or shut up.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Arnold1(m): 1:53am On Feb 18, 2009
Becomrrich:

Osisi, if awo is a tribalist, then you do not understand politics. Ask Obama , when he was senator, was is view on the floor of the USA senate not for the progress of his state. This is what senators do. And that was what awo did. Have you heard of the famour chicago politics.

And you can not link awo to any killing of igbos. If you can the internet is open. Post it or shut up.

osisi is just angry at the yoruba race because they did not fall through their earlier commitment with igbos before the civil war. She
blames the whole ordeal of the igbos during the civil war on the entire yoruba people.

Gowon that was the head of state at the time, she completely absolves him, it is awo that she spends her whole life
battering.

People can see right through her anyway.

Visit this thread and see the remarks being made about osisi

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-234597.0.html
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by osisi2(f): 2:00am On Feb 18, 2009
Becomrrich:

I challenge you to start a thread on that topic about Awo and the starving children of war and I'll oblige you if I care.
I don't want to derail this thread.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by osisi2(f): 2:07am On Feb 18, 2009
adconline:

the same Ojo maduekwe who called igbo's quest for presidency 'idiotic' As per the Rtd Gen, it tells you the mindset of those running Nigeria. One Nigeria! Amen

I don't know much about the guy but Nigerians would sell their souls to get a piece of the soured Nigerian moi moi.
That statement by Rotimi was way over the top and he not only needed to be recalled,he should have been made to tender an apology and subsequently dismissed from civil service.
He was representing Nigeria here in DC and ought not bring in his sniper skills acquired during the civil war into it.
But then again Igbos have had to endure such statements publicly from OBJ, Adekunle and several other Yoruba Nigerian officers.
He's not the first and certainly won't be the last.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by osisi2(f): 2:12am On Feb 18, 2009
Arnold1:

osisi is just angry at the yoruba race because they did not fall through their earlier commitment with igbos before the civil war. She
blames the whole ordeal of the igbos during the civil war on the entire yoruba people.

Gowon that was the head of state at the time, she completely absolves him, it is awo that she spends her whole life
battering.

People can see right through her anyway.

Visit this thread and see the remarks being made about osisi

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-234597.0.html

Olodo
that thread was originally  titled ":Ambassador sacked for making tribal remarks" and people thought they saw "tribal marks"
The moderators changed it to "laziness"
You'll go crazy with my name on your lips.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by grafikdon: 2:12am On Feb 18, 2009
Ambassador Nwandoleesha  Nwandoleena. . . you're a big super start o. . . cheesy  see how this thread turned to 'Osisi'  Thread. . .  shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by osisi2(f): 2:14am On Feb 18, 2009
grafikdon:

Nwandoleesha Nwandoleena. . . you're a big super start o. . . cheesy see how this thread turned to 'Osisi' Thread. . . shocked shocked shocked

Osisi is the new Ambassador. . . lipsrsealed

My dear,didn't know I caused so many people sleepless nights like this.
Don't worry ma dear.
They don't call me Nwanyieze for nothing. cool
ka ara n'agba kwa ndi ara
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Arnold1(m): 2:20am On Feb 18, 2009
**osisi:

Olodo
that thread was originally titled ":Ambassador sacked for making tribal remarks" and people thought they saw "tribal marks"

They thought they saw tribal marks because they know how obsessed you are with yoruba tribal marks. They know
how you spend your life dwelling on it even though other Nigerians have tribal marks

**osisi:

The moderators changed it to "laziness"

RichyBlack your igbo kinsman changed it to "laziness". Go figure

**osisi:

You'll go crazy with my name on your lips.

It is your mother that'll go crazy in her old age. anuofia.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by osisi2(f): 2:24am On Feb 18, 2009
Arnold1:

It is my mother that'll go crazy in her old age. anuofia.

need I say more?
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by osisi2(f): 2:26am On Feb 18, 2009
Arnold1:

They thought they saw tribal marks because they know how obsessed you are with yoruba tribal marks. They know
how you spend your life dwelling on it even though other Nigerians have tribal marks

RichyBlack your igbo kinsman changed it to "laziness". Go figure

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that tribal marks and tribal remarks look similar.
Olodo

I'm obsessed about a topic with hundreds of contributors that I didn't start
I'm obsessed because I posted a topic on a woman captured by her inlaws and given tribal marks plus circumcision which killed her young daughter
I'm obsessed with a topic that many Yorubas have started threads asking how to get rid of their marks
I'm obsessed about a topic where one threatened to sue her mother over her unsightly marks
I'm obsessed over a topic that state legislatures took time to to deliberate on and ban as seen on a thread started by deepzone
I'm obsessed for starting a thread about dating a chic with tribal marks where people like Pataki and Sauron responded that they could never do so.
I'm obsessed by an issue you've harped on from unrelated thread to unrelated thread like the effeminate person you are

You are simply obsessed with me
email me on babyosisi@hotmail.com and tell me your real problems
I could recommend a real solution.

Like I said earlier,in my opinion you died last year and was buried Dec 31st 2008.
Now please do go and RIP

Need I say more?
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Arnold1(m): 2:52am On Feb 18, 2009
This is what a Nairalander (gbeborun) had to say to you (not from Arnold1) and I quote :

@babyosisi

think you're very troublesome and quarelsome. You're a tribalist. You can only try, nothing you fit do to YORUBA people you hear! Tribalist

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55363.96.html#msg1210914

This is what another Nairalander had to say to you (again, not from Arnold1)

@sheniqua aka[b] babyoisis [/b]aka nawdoI see Seun don ban you, very good cheesy cheesy cheesy

When i called you a tribalist, you thought I was mean, you need to change your way of thinking, it's very bad especially for someone that claims she's educated!!!!!!!!Shio

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-131279.0.html#msg2217650

This is what another Nairalander had to say to you (once again, not from Arnold1)

oyb v1.01:

my my my, you are a queen of double standards, aren't you? tongue

when it happens in lagos-'fashola must be related to hausas' your words
when it happens in benue, 'the muslims will kill us all'
but when it happens in nnaland, its touts.
(who would have thought -those wonderful, industrious ibos have touts.one would think that its only other tribes that have malcontents-almajiris, area boys.thank you for clearing that up.

'the igbos who convert to islam are mostly 419ers'
wonder wonder wonder!shame on you!what nonsense!

where did you get this latest tidbit from? your warped , tribalist secterrian mind?

perhaps the ibos selling fake drugs in onitsha, smuggling cocaine, and selling fake goods are also 'converted muslims'
back in the days of night browsing , your tribesmen would gather (at 10 pm in the cyber cafe) and engage in group prayer to jesus for successful business before commencing forwarding their scam mails.

anyway, what would one expect from nairaland's poster child for tribalism, jingoism and sectertianism? tongue

instead of casting aspersions on islam(the only thing you seem to be proficient at) why don't you explain why your tribesmen are behaving like backward, illitearte mediveial scum? perhaps you will need to wear a wrapper when next you travel down to igboland. otherwise, your chivalrous compatriots just might molest you.(after the muslim ones have magaed you out of your dollars )

the world needs less people like you. cry .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-80272.0.html#msg1520967

3 different people arriving the same conclusion about you

Need I say more ?
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by Freewilly(f): 3:02am On Feb 18, 2009
@ osisi,

My sister if I was you I'll be watching my back every where I go. And please don't ever give out your information to anyone because you are getting a lot of crazy people here really pissed off. I never bother to visit NL anymore, but anytime I come on, it's always osisi this osisi that.

Anyways I hope the fire all the incompetent ass monkeys at the Nigeria embassy, try calling them for visa to Nigeria and see how rude and unprofessional the are.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by agaba123(m): 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2009
The Samanja at our US mission
With Steve Nwosu ( steve@sunnewsonline.com )
Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I had set out today with a view to x-raying the persona of a certain Gen. Oluwole Rotimi and the Samanja comedy going on at our mission in Washington, the United States, but I have instead decided to let the dead bury themselves, especially when I read of an impending attack on Jos by some Talebans.

I had, instead decided to spare a word for this much violated Tin City, the Plateau State capital, and the peace of the graveyard that seems to exist there at this moment. I thought all was well until when I read of an impending invasion and the mushrooming of all manner of extremists.

Yes, in our desperation to give a religious coloration to what initially seemed a political face-off, we have gone out to tell the world that there was a religious war going on in Jos.

Although the proposal had failed to sell, we have not stopped trying. In the process, we have now given the wrong signal to all manner of enemies of the country who now see an invasion of Jos as the only way to right a wrong that was never really committed.

To them, that wrong can only be righted by the annihilation of the opposite party – in this case, the Christians. They seem to forget that the Ogbomoso people, for instance, who paid a heavy price for the mayhem are both Christians and Muslims, and that any further annihilation of either group would cause them even more

Truth is: If Muslims are annihilated, it does not solve the Jos problem. If Christians are annihilated, the problem would persist. If the Hausa/Fulani are imposed on Jos, Plateau will not know peace. Likewise if the Berom insist on suppressing the Hausa/Fulani, they’d be taking the proverbial ant-infested gay home, and therefore, must be prepared for lizard visitors. It is a complex situation that can never be solved by warring.

There just has to be a middle of the road settlement in all of this. If the council election was rigged, then the tribunals should upturn it. Canceling it at this point would be a rude reminder of June 12. If a minority desires to rule, it must enter into alliance with the majority, or a part of it. No cry of marginalization without a broad-based realignment can ever make a minority leader over the majority.

If the statutes confirm that the governor, and not the president, should set up panel to probe the crisis in a state, then that is what our law says. It is no victory for the governor to gloat about. And it is not a personal loss of the president that must be avenged. It has not diminished the profile of the president – especially a president who had made mistakes in the past and reversed himself.

But I suspect that Yar’Adua has since moved on, while some people who have other vested and selfish interest in Plateau don’t want to let go. They want to, allegedly on behalf of the president, take their pound of flesh – with some blood – from Jang.

Our minds are still fresh with what happened during the Dariye years. We know of how so many interests outside of Jos wanted him out, how the president that should have put his feet down against it suddenly capitulated – because of his own third term ambition, and how Plateau still did not know peace ever after.
We are back on the same track again and we are making the same mistakes all over again.

And that is why, I think, we should revisit the recent comment of, I think it was, the French ambassador to the country who recently warned of the dire consequences of mishandling the aftermath of the recent mayhem that engulfed that otherwise peaceful town.

The envoy was speaking against the backdrop of the impeachment of the Speaker of the state house of assembly and the alleged plot to impeach the governor thereafter.
Of course, Abuja has denied any such plot, but every finger remains pointed in the direction of the president’s men as orchestrating a plot to unseat Jang. Now, the presidency does not always mean Yar’Adua. It could mean a mob of jobbers with affinity to the presidency which commits all manner of abomination in the name of the president.

Of course, that is not to say that Gov Jang should not be kicked out simply because he governor of Plateau. If he commits impeachable offences, he sure should go. What is curious, however, is that all is coming now that the governor is seen as having ‘confronted’ the president on a purely constitutional issue, and is therefore, being made to pay for the effrontery with his office.

But before I digressed off point, I had wanted to commit today’s article to honour the Samanja we posted to the United states to represent our interest in George Bush’s – now Barack Obama’s, country.
I am talking of an ambassador who has suddenly forgotten that he is sub-ordinate to the external affairs minister.

I am talking about an envoy who, weighed down by an overdose of military superiority and junta hangover, has forgotten that the jackboots have since returned to the barracks and that those who must play in the new dispensation must play according to established protocol and democracy dictates
Now, Chief Ojo Maduekwe is not one of those politicians I like a great deal. And it is not just because of his ‘idiotic’ statement in the build up to the 2003 presidential election or the way he comported himself in the politics of his native Abia State.

Like many of his critics, I believe he might not be the most popular politician from his constituency and might not be of huge electoral value on election day.
But unlike many of his critics, I met him for the first time in one law office somewhere inside Western House, Lagos sometime in the early ‘90s. He impressed me with his grasp of issues and command of language, even though there seemed some cockiness about his person. Thankfully, I have only watched him from afar since then.

Coming from his ‘idiotic’ background, therefore, it is almost inconceivable that anybody would want to brand him a tribalist. I could accuse Maduekwe of everything but not tribalism. That was why he could look all of us Igbo in the face and tell us that our quest for Igbo presidency in 2003 was idiotic. So, where was Gen. Oluwole Rotimi coming from? When did Ojo become so Igbo-centric that he would carry it to our foreign mission?

The painful part of the drama at the US mission is that we are yet to hear from the ambassador’s camp. Yes, followers of the developments would quickly contend that we have not heard from the minister either, but the truth remains that much of what we have read so far have been pieces of information woven together by persons with obvious sympathy to the minister. Suffice it so say, however, that the much the ambassador has put down on paper is damning enough.

We always knew that the talk about ‘no victor, no vanquished’ was just a show put up for the rest of the world. The truth remains that many of those who prosecuted the civil war on the side of the federal troops still believe that Igbos have not paid enough for losing the war.

We have always known that the talk of re-integration was only for political correctness. As for reconstruction? I left Zik’s Flat Hostel, UNN in 1991 with the auditorium levelled by federal bombs still standing there as a reminder of the lost war. That was 21 years after the war. And, by the way, if there ever was ‘reconstruction’, the South-east would not today be home to the worst roads in the country and also have the unenviable record of the least federal presence.

With the emergence of a new post-war generation in the South-east, people have tended to forget the past and forge a new beginning and move on with their lives
But we still have the likes of Oluwole scattered all over the place who continue to turn the hand of the clock backwards.

For the eight years that he was in power, Obasanjo continued to deal with the South East as a conquered people who should be contented with whatever little favours that came from the centre.
Confronted about his hatred of the Igbos, the then serving president had jokingly retorted, “they say I no like Igbo, yet Igbo women dey born for me”. Of course, even in my extended family, I have heard stories of women who were either abducted by Hot Nigerian soldiers and made to marry them at gun point, or were simply put in the family way by the soldiers and abandoned with the pregnancies.That is the love the soldiers have always had for Ndigbo.

But we cannot really blame the Generals. Rather, we should blame the system that leaves out thousands of other refined retired officers to throw up the crudest of the pack to lead us.
How, for instance, did a Rotimi end up at a mission as sensitive and important as the US mission? Who knows what else he has said about us before the people he was supposed to be selling our best values to?

What other unprinted and unprin0table things has he said before this oneWhat do the security agencies that get to screen political appointees do? Did they ask the retired officers to take a bow, simply because they are retired Generals? Espirit de corp? Do they get to see medical certificates? Dig into medical history? Did they consider brain power of a man who was adjutant-general 40 years ago to verifywhether there is still anything left there to offer Nigerians?

We have had one mad man rule over us, we have had another head a very important party, we have had some other worm up to the commanding heights of our states, economy, defence and diplomatic services, yet, we spend money rebranding Nigeria - when all what one of the mad men we have in positions of authority needs to do is utter one unguarded statement, and we are back to point-zero.

What brought the rag-tag Biafran army into diplomatic correspondences? Probably a General who won the war did not feel that he should be bossed by a ‘second class’ Biafran whom he defeated on the battlefield.
It is not just enough that the ambassador has been recalled, we need to deconstruct his mind. And after that, we need to reassess this our officer-and-gentleman tag we hang on every retired soldier.

So many leave service angry at the entire society, itching to get back at it, to deal with the rest of us. That is why they retire to their respective communities to continue to foment trouble and run around the place like blood got mixed with their brains.
I feel so pained saying this about retired officers, having myself met so many who are sane and safe to be with.

Personally, I believe that no general who ever really fought a war discusses it with so much gusto. They are usually sobered by war – even when they come out victorious. It is usually the peripheral soldiers who go about boasting about their conquest and heroics. Those who plotted the victory are usually sobered by what they know.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/columnists/franktalk/2009/franktalk-feb-18-2009.htm
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by osisi2(f): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2009
Freewilly:

@ osisi,

My sister if I was you I'll be watching my back every where I go. And please don't ever give out your information to anyone because you are getting a lot of crazy people here really pissed off. I never bother to visit NL anymore, but anytime I come on, it's always osisi this osisi that.

Anyways I hope the fire all the incompetent ass monkeys at the Nigeria embassy, try calling them for visa to Nigeria and see how rude and unprofessional the are.

The same Oyb that called Igbos  and Christians criminals and 419ers on countless ocassions is the one someone is quoting what he says about me.

He really does have a lot of time to dig up posts made by nameless faceless individuals that I care nada about.
no be him e dey pain?
water poured on a solid rock
what can it do?
Whenever any of them opens their mouths to talk nonsense about Igbos as a group they are sure to get a befitting response on a good day.
That is my promise. cool
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by agaba123(m): 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2009
Osisi
A bag of crocodile willy for you free. undecided
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To Us, Oluwole Rotimi, Sacked by spikedcylinder: 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2009
This has become Igbo Vs Yoruba now?

You people are sick in the head. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mass Retirement In Police Force - Ringim to Go / How Nigerian Newspapers Would Have Reported US Elections / Photo: How Gej Has Mismanaged Our Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.