Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ (35671 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Returns Back To Nigeria,Given A Lovely Welcome(photo) / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) / Jonathan Returns To Nigeria From UK After A Month Vacation - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by Islie: 5:37pm On May 28, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan will return to his state, Bayelsa, after handing over the reins of the nation’s leadership to the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday.
Jonathan is returning home amidst mixed feelings from his kinsmen over his performance throughout the period he occupied the nation’s highest political office.
Though the state government has planned a grand reception for the outgoing President, most people are not happy that Jonathan at no time paid a working visit to the state before the expiration of his tenure.
Jonathan visited many states controlled by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to inaugurate projects, but failed to stop by in the state.
For instance, Jonathan visited neighboring Akwa Ibom on about three occasions to inaugurate projects executed by Governor Godswill Akpabio.
But the President failed to come to Bayelsa despite all efforts by Governor Seriake Dickson to bring him to the state.
Last year, the state government hinted many times that Jonathan was coming to the state on an official visit to inaugurate projects finished by Dickson.
All was set for Jonathan to come, but he failed to show up.
The government went as far as mapping out the itinerary of the President, including completed projects lined up for commissioning, but Jonathan failed to honour the visit.
The failure of the President to pay a working visit to his home state fueled speculations that all was not well between him and the governor.
But the government denied the frosty relationship between Dickson and the President.
When asked whether the President would use the occasion of his grand reception to inaugurate some projects in the state, the Commissioner for Information, Mr. Esueme Kikile, said it did not form part of the programme.
He said the tenure of the President had come to an end, adding that he lacks the capacity to turn his reception into a state visit.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/jonathan-returns-without-state-visit-to-bayelsa/

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by Jorussia(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2015
.I think this people should let GEJ be.Was he not always in the state during holidays?If the people of bayelsa think that since their son was the president of Nigeria for more than 5 years, then bayelsa will automatically become like London,then, they definitely lived in a fools paradise. Niger state has produced 2 former heads of state who spent about 10 years in office,yet the state is the most develop in Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by spongeisback: 5:44pm On May 28, 2015
From tomorrow they can hook up exclusively with him at the nearest ogogoro joint.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by intergral(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2015
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 28, 2015
our ex presido
gej

1 Like

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by modath(f): 5:45pm On May 28, 2015
State visit Is that their main concern??

Their thought should rest more on the fact that that he did virtually NOTHING for them throughout his 5yrs, just like every other state.

I pray we raise our standards & discard this "na our pikin or "na our broda" mentality.

Why have Tailor child and still go about with a torn dress!! #useless #irresponsible

20 Likes

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by wazobiaforu(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2015
Ko kan aye

1 Like

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by holatin(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2015

Jonathan is returning home amidst mixed feelings
from his kinsmen over his performance
throughout the period he occupied the nation’s
highest political office.

And whenever I say the guy failed all nigerian including his kinsmen some lowlifer will call me name.
All hail GEJ, d man who destroyed Nigeria and PDP.

Never again will an impotent twerp rule Nigeria

20 Likes

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by zenith4biz(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
By now those shouting GEJ till 2019 eyes don clear

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by jabberjawz: 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
Ok heard.
Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by kenedy175(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
Anything GEJ does now will make Headlines. nawa o!

2 Likes

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by Pavore9: 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
Was he not always visiting home for one event or the other? Make dem free Oga Jona!

2 Likes

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by gsparks01(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
see wahala o. Africans get am too much

1 Like

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by courage54(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
GOOD
Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by omenka(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
What a shameful exit. Rejected by all including his own people. Yet some useless pleb went erecting a statue while others were crawling from coast to coast in his "honour".

Things are certainly not rosy between this guy and Dickson. The expulsion of 8 of his allies from the state chapter of the party is an act pregnant with meanings.

Sai Baba jor.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by samueld0(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2015
Please let this man be. He has tried his best

1 Like

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by cilifa: 5:47pm On May 28, 2015
Its a matter of time.
Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 28, 2015
So am going to miss Lady Dame Faka Patience Jonathan!!
This woman has increased the life span of an average Nigerian with her Award Winning Speeches
1- * Nigeria is a great CONTINENT.
2- * My husband Jonathan and Sambo IS good people.
3- * I rather KILL myself than commit SUICIDE.
4- * My fellow widows.
5- * My fellow womens.
6- * I travelled to Abroad to Rest in Peace.
7- * My husband is the best COUPLE on Earth.
8- * The Doctors are RESPONDING to treatment.
9- * For those who said I SPEECH bad English, I left them for God.
10- * Ojukwu is dead, but his Manhood still lives on.
11- * Na only you waka come?
12- * Chei! Chei!! Chei!!! This blood we are "sharing"
13- * diaris god oooo... hmmmm diaris god.
14- * On behalf of N2million I donate my family.
15- *To all those who think Goodluck Jonathan
has failed, I have a question for you. When a child fails an exam, isn't the child supposed to be repeated? Lets repeat Goodluck Jonathan.
16- * Nyeson Wike is the younger brother of my husband. This man I have tasted him and he is very sweet. Support him.
(Dame Faka Patience Goodluck Jonathan)
Chei! Chei!! Chei!!! Dis message "we are reading"
"diaris god o

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by fatdon2(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2015
He should go abeg.
Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by anonimi: 5:48pm On May 28, 2015
omenka:
What a shameful exit. Rejected by all including his own people. Yet some useless pleb went erecting a statue while others were crawling from coast to coast in his "honour".

Na who carry your eyes plus your sense join

Islie:
Though the state government has planned a grand reception for the outgoing President, most people are not happy that Jonathan at no time paid a working visit to the state before the expiration of his tenure.

From: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/jonathan-returns-without-state-visit-to-bayelsa/

Who owns The Nation newspaper again? Is it not the JagbaJantis of Borudillon?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2239496_2118967img2015020711260_jpeg3d7e1c5f623d3b4860033fec372a0f84

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by sexymoma(f): 5:48pm On May 28, 2015
Ao pade ni Otuoke
Nibi ti a ko ni yara wa
Ao ri'ra wa, Ao yo mora'wa
Jona ni o se alaga wa

Mr Keg o to ge
Ibi ti e ba Naija de na da
E lo continue ni Otuoke

God Pls Don't Pls A pray any man as in man that would handle my life as Gej Did to Nigeria
Holy Ghost Train Pls Crush him to death IJN

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by Akshow: 5:48pm On May 28, 2015
bye bye to rede rede bye to jati jati bye bye to rada rada In the name if Jesus bye bye to PDP o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by jonagaga(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2015
jona na wa fo yhu ooo!
Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by ionsman: 5:49pm On May 28, 2015
The man is a villain back home....
*sips green tea*
Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by admax(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2015
How do you expect someone who didn't respect and honour his kinsmen to do same for 'Ordinary Nigerians'? He never gave a Damn!

2 Likes

Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by simplemyk: 5:50pm On May 28, 2015
It's no more important.. He's coming home to rest n reflect
Re: ‘jonathan Returns Home Without State Visit To Bayelsa’ by AKMoney1(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2015
Is he going to trek? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Rubs Powder To Celebrate APC's Victory In Edo State (photos) / BUSTED!!!! Under Aged Children Caught Voting In Ebonyi (VIDEO/PHOTOS) / Nine Nigerian Politicians Married To Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.