Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana (8219 Views)

I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. / Tell Me The Good Power Bank In Those Three / Power Bank Sets Owner On Fire (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 28, 2015
A young Ghanaian girl identified as Blandine
(pictured above) was on May 25th electrocuted to
death after the power bank she was using to charge
her phone got stuck on her skin and electrocuted her.

According to reports from Dumsor, Ghana, the girl
was chatting with a friend when she fell asleep and
placed the power bank she was using to charge her
phone around her breast region. She had connected
the power bank to an electricity source so it can
charge when power is restored.

As power was restored to her area, their was a power surge, the
power bank got heated and got stuck on her skin,
electrocuting her to death. Her parents found her
dead. So sad!

Pic of the deceased after the cut

Source: lindaikeji..com/2015/05/graphic-photo-girl-dies-after-being.html

1 Like

Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 28, 2015
OMGshocked d girl fine oshocked OMG girl y now?

Do see what govt don cause now? If to say light dey,she no go have power bank 4 mind

RIP girlangry

Cc: lalasticlala

Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Feranmicharles(m): 6:40pm On May 28, 2015
This is what yorubas call... to ju orun doju iku from sleep to deathshocked.

Rip girl,the power must be faulty,too many iron

1 Like

Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by sholikay(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2015
Rip
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by free2ryhme: 7:57pm On May 28, 2015
Keeping my plot of land safe
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:03pm On May 28, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm, wey my own power bank self, stay in my box abeg
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Kreamie(m): 8:11pm On May 28, 2015
first phones explode, now this...sigh
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by johnsonsegxy: 8:35pm On May 28, 2015
Never try to plug your device especially mobile device, gadget etc on ground to electricity, very risky coz of power surge and inductive spike.

Never try to answer calls while your mobile is plugged on the power outlets. Also risky

But isn't Ghana a country with stable electricity? undecided just asking tho.
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by barackodam: 8:44pm On May 28, 2015
johnsonsegxy:
Never try to plug your device especially mobile device, gadget etc on ground to electricity, very risky coz of power surge and inductive spike.

Never try to answer calls while your mobile is plugged on the power outlets. Also risky

But isn't Ghana a country with stable electricity? undecided just asking tho.

grin

mehn na naija ngbana.

lol
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by dayowunmi(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2015
I doubt the authenticity of that report, first saw the news when yvonne nelson posted it on her official facebook page. First the body was naked,how come? and there were injuries on other parts of her body apart from the spot where the powerbank was placed. I smell something fishy there. I know its wrong to plug powerbank and be using same time but can it cause electrocution? I doubt! Anyway endeavour to get powerbanks with plastic casings.

3 Likes

Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 28, 2015
Well, S
Safety first
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by bobo65(m): 9:02pm On May 28, 2015
dayowunmi:
I doubt the authenticity of that report, first saw the news when yvonne nelson posted it on her official facebook page. First the body was naked,how come? and there were injuries on other parts of her body apart from the spot where the powerbank was placed. I smell something fishy there. I know its wrong to plug powerbank and be using same time but can it cause electrocution? I doubt! Anyway endeavour to get powerbanks with plastic casings.
\

ur head dey there
chargers convert electrical energy to chemical energy
so the energy transferring to the powerbank was chemical energy
even the battery in the powerbank is also chemical energy
so where electric come come from??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 28, 2015
bobo65:
\
ur head dey there chargers convert electrical energy to chemical energy so the energy transferring to the powerbank was chemical energy even the battery in the powerbank is also chemical energy so where electric come come from??
Malfunction

1 Like

Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Hotdiamond(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2015
Improper usage of electronic devices. Rip
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by MzLaurel(f): 9:43pm On May 28, 2015
Oh! I feel for her family members.
I feel for her but she's dead already.
RIP. cry
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Beemhan(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] but I think say them no dey take light for ghana na..shoo!
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Chuksteric(m): 10:28pm On May 28, 2015
Okay
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Femistico(m): 10:55pm On May 28, 2015
chai...sorry and rip
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by 1N9a: 11:04pm On May 28, 2015
RIP
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Amaechi5(m): 11:32pm On May 28, 2015
if this is true so them they take light for ghana,i think say na 24hrs standby mtcheeeeww.
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by sheddo619(m): 11:49pm On May 28, 2015
Rip.
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Spactacle(m): 12:05am On May 29, 2015
RIP girl embarassed
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by chemmerfrank(m): 12:31am On May 29, 2015
Must have been a very fake power bank or the facts are not righ. Those things use small dc volts..how would that cause death??
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by mrbillz(m): 1:32am On May 29, 2015
So she didnt feel the heat emitted from the power bank till she finally got electrocuted abi. i doubt the authencity of this post!
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by rman: 3:05am On May 29, 2015
Someone/something knocked her unconscious before the power bank burnt her body.

The heat generated would have woken her up immediately if this were to follow normal process. And why is the power bank cable still intact? The heat should have affected it too. Something is amiss.
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by SarcasticMe(m): 3:39am On May 29, 2015
Fake or not fake, it's advisable to put away charging devices. There's also risk of radiation.
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Dani4tech(m): 4:05am On May 29, 2015
RIP...she answered her maker
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Dani4tech(m): 4:10am On May 29, 2015
Once your maker calls u...any available means can transp0rt u there.RIP
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Halen(f): 6:17am On May 29, 2015
akane allah ya so....RIP to her
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by EPOMA(m): 6:21am On May 29, 2015
Rubbish news, human body does not burn or melt like plastic.Upon all the school we go we don't still use our head to dismiss this sort of news
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by donbenie(m): 8:42am On May 29, 2015
dayowunmi:
Read the post properly,the power bank was actually connected to an electric outlet,just like some one can get electrocuted using a plugged phone..had the same thought until I ACTUALLY read the article,also an electrocution can lead to a generalised body disfigurement not just on the localised area and some people actually sleep in the nvde..the story is quite PLAUSIBLE
Re: VIEWERS DISCRETION: Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana by Cyberbaze(m): 8:50am On May 29, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience With The Gionee A1 Phone / How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) / Xiaomi Does not Have Service Care In Nigeria My Xiaomi Note 5A Screen Is Broken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.