Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City (2994 Views)

2 Months After South-east Have Started Boiling As Said By Miyetti Allah / Correcting The Impression That South East Have The Smallest Landmass In Nigeria. / Igbo Marginalisation: Why Does The South East Have 5 States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by horsepower101: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2018
I have noticed that Most states in Nigeria tend to have only one major city and its usually the state capital. But in the south east, each state usually have more than one major city.

Abia state: Aba, Umuahia

Anambra state: Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi

IMO state: Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe

Ebonyi state: Abakaliki, and Afikpo

Enugu state: Enugu and Nsukka

This is in addition to surrounding towns that are also developing into their own future cities.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Zonacom(m): 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
Kaduna: Kaduna, Zaria, Kafanchan

Kano : Sabon gari, Wudil, Kano etc

Kogi: Okene, Lokoja

Niger: Minna, Bidah

Taraba: Wukari, Jalingo

Yobe: Damaturu, Potiskum

Osun: Ile Ife, Osogbo

And so on. Nothing special with the SE bro. wake up

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by GoldCircle: 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
Try Delta State: Asaba, Warri, Sapele, Agbor, Ughelli, Ogwash-uku.

Ogun: Abeokuta, Sango Ota, Agbara, Ijebu Ode, Sagamu, Mowe - Ibafo,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
Zonacom:

[s] Kogi: Okene, Lokoja

And so on. Nothing special with the SE bro. wake up[/s]
He meant city not glorify villages

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by horsepower101: 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
post=66027066:

Watch them start naming local government towns as cities.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Zonacom(m): 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
post=66027066:
And Nsukka and Okigwe and even Nnewi are not glorified villages okwa ya?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
Zonacom:

Nnewi is a city

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
Zonacom:

Nnewi is city

3 Likes

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by KenOne: 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
You people have started comparing when other zones compares you get angry. Good job for the person that mentioned Kaduna, Ogun and Delta state.
My Rivers state is - Bori, Eleme, Abonema, Omoku, Ahoada, Oyigbo then Ikwerre local government because they have relatively developed towns like Aluu,Igwuruta,Omagwa, Isiokpo and Elele.
So OP don't think it's only in South East you have such almost all states in Nigeria have other developed towns and cities using Nigeria standard as development. Because going by internationally standard of development no Nigeria cities or capital will make it except Abuja.

6 Likes

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by horsepower101: 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
KenOne:
You people have started comparing when other zones compares you get angry. Good job for the person that mentioned Kaduna, Ogun and Delta state.
My Rivers state is - Bori, Eleme, Abonema, Omoku, Ahoada, Oyigbo then Ikwerre local government because they have relatively developed towns like Aluu,Igwuruta,Omagwa, Isiokpo and Elele.
So OP don't think it's only in South East you have such almost all states in Nigeria have other developed towns and cities using Nigeria standard as development. Because going by internationally standard of development no Nigeria cities or capital will make it except Abuja.

If you read the first post first, you will see that I clearly said MOST and not ALL.

1 Like

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Zonacom:

Nnewi is not your mate
Read more
As a fast developing city and a major industrial and commercial hub in Africa, Nnewi experiences voluminous financial activities, therefore hosts major banks, and other financial institutions. Industries are dotted around the city and adjoining towns, Nnewi metropolis is made up of two LGAs south and north host Nnamdi Azikiwe university teaching hospital, National Engineering Design Development Institute (NEDDI) and others

Industries
Nnewi is home to many major indigenous manufacturing industries including Ibeto Group of Companies, Cutix and ADswitch, Uru Industries Ltd, Omata Holdings Ltd, Cento Group of Companies, Coscharis of Companies Group, Innoson Group of Companies, Ebunso Nig. Ltd, John White Industries, Ejiamatu Group of Companies, Chicason Group, Louis Carter Group, etc. The great majority of industrialists in the cluster of spare parts factories in Nnewi are also traders, and most of these traders are producing one or more of the products they specialize in marketing as traders (usually motor vehicle parts), and most began by distributing their products through their preexisting distribution networks. Nnewi is part of eastern Nigeria's industrial axis. The town has through culturally grounded institutions that act as sophisticated networks expanded to include an international dimension through trading relations with exporters from Asia. Over the last decade, the town of Nnewi has experienced relatively rapid industrialization. In excess of 20 medium-to-large-scale industries have been established across a variety of sectors. Since 1970, Nnewi residents have controlled approximately 80 to 90 percent of the motor-parts trade in Nigeria. Nkwo Nnewi Market is the major import and wholesale point for motor spare parts in Nigeria. The industrialists of Nnewi are adapting foreign technology to local needs, providing employment to thousands, and making available goods and services which are relevant actual needs of the Nigerian citizens. The first indigenous car manufacturing plant is located in the city, while the first wholly Made-in-Nigeria motorcycle was manufactured in Nnewi by the National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI).

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by dukechilezie(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
Plateau State. Jos, Mangu and Shendam
Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Painkila: 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
horsepower101:
I have noticed that Most states in Nigeria tend to have only one major city and its usually the state capital. But in the south east, each state usually have more than one major city.

If you knew what a city is,you wouldn't type this rubbish.

This is in addition to surrounding towns that are also developing into their own future cities.
Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Ogonimilitant(m): 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
Zonacom:

Remove Igbo business men from those regions and see how poor and empty those towns are. Igbos are the reason those towns are bubbling

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by iLoveAnambra(m): 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
KenOne:
in Rivers state is only Port Harcourt and Omoku u can call a city

Aluu,Omagwa,Igwuruta andAbonema are all in PH metro

Isiokpo is still a village

Elele filled with bungalow

nice roads but still looks like Village

4 Likes

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by iLoveAnambra(m): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
Zonacom:

in real sense no city in Taraba,Yobe and Osun cos is still look like villages

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by iLoveAnambra(m): 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by SamoaJoe: 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
NO NIGERIAN STATE HAS A CITY. STOP INSULTING CITIES ALL OVER THE WORLD.

THERE IS NO STATE IN NIGERIA THAT EVEN HAS A STANDARD TOWNSHIP LIKE WHAT IS OBTAINABLE ALL OVER THE WORLD LIKE AMERICAN COUNTRYSIDE TOWNS. WHAT WE HAVE ARE GLORIFIED VILLAGES IN THE NAME OF TOWNSHIPS.
LETS HAVE A STANDARD TOWN BEFORE WE CAN TALK ABOUT CITIES. FUNNY ENOUGH, THE WHOLE WORLD IS NO LONGER TALKING CITIES. THEY ARE UPGRADING TO SMART CITIES.

OP BEFORE YOU CALL ME AFONJA, AM HARDCORE NWA AFOR.

BUT LETS STOP CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY!

In The Whole Nigeria, name one city for me that has all these;

Standard Transport System Like Tokyo
Standard Railway System Like Beijing
Standard security Outposts and Stations Like London
Standard Electricity Like America
Standard Communications System Like Oulu, Finland
Standard Water Supply to every home and Offices Like USA
Standard Gas supply to homes and flats like in Russia
Standard Road Network like Munich Or California

The list is endless. Nigeria is generally a shithole!

Op even mentioned Onitsha as a city. Lol. I laugh in Southern Greek. Which place in Onitsha has a standard road network? Quote me anywhere, there is no place in Anambra that has dual carriageways even there so called Cities. Though Anambra has good tarred roads, 90% of them are just one lane! Quote me anywhere. You see people building mansions all over Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka, Amawbia, Nkwelle, Nsugbe, Ogidi etc
... But the road that leads to a Mansion worth billions is just one lane... Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by iLoveAnambra(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
SamoaJoe:

THERE IS NO STATE IN NIGERIA THAT HAS A STANDARD TOWNSHIP WITH WHAT IS OBTAINABLE ALL OVER THE WORLD. WHAT WE HAVE ARE GLORIFIED VILLAGES IN THE NAME OF TOWNSHIPS.

I believe u my brother

even our Port Harcourt i dey so ee

na shithole

2 Likes

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Lipscomb(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
undecided what are you saying we are talking Nigeria you're saying something else.
SamoaJoe:

THERE IS NO STATE IN NIGERIA THAT HAS A STANDARD TOWNSHIP WITH WHAT IS OBTAINABLE ALL OVER THE WORLD. WHAT WE HAVE ARE GLORIFIED VILLAGES IN THE NAME OF TOWNSHIPS.

2 Likes

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by SamoaJoe: 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
Lipscomb:
undecided what are you saying we are talking Nigeria you're saying something else.

Which city in Nigeria has a subway system? Are you trying to be naive? Do you know what makes a standard city?

2 Likes

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by iLoveAnambra(m): 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
SamoaJoe:

THERE IS NO STATE IN NIGERIA THAT EVEN HAS A STANDARD TOWNSHIP LIKE WHAT IS OBTAINABLE ALL OVER THE WORLD LIKE AMERICAN COUNTRYSIDE TOWNS. WHAT WE HAVE ARE GLORIFIED VILLAGES IN THE NAME OF TOWNSHIPS.
LETS HAVE A STANDARD TOWN BEFORE WE CAN TALK ABOUT CITIES. FUNNY ENOUGH, THE WHOLE WORLD IS NO LONGER TALKING CITIES. THEY ARE UPGRADING TO SMART CITIES.

Op even mentioned Onitsha as a city. Lol. I laugh in Southern Greek. Which place in Onitsha has a standard road network? Quote me anywhere, there is no place in Anambra that has dual carriageways even there so called Cities. Though Anambra has good tarred roads, 90% of them are just one lane! Quote me anywhere. You see people building mansions all over Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka, Amawbia, Nkwelle, Nsugbe, Ogidi etc
Bruv,Onitsha 10 lane super highway is still de best in Nigeria
Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by horsepower101: 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
SamoaJoe:

I understand your point but below is the definition of a city from Merriam-Webster dictionary

Definition of city

plural cities
1 a : an inhabited place of greater size, population, or importance than a town or village e.g.: We spent the weekend in the city.

You are talking about something different which is infrastructure. I am not delusional that our cities are lacking in that aspect but they are still cities regardless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Lipscomb(m): 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
grin are you just escape from jungle
SamoaJoe:

Which city in Nigeria has a subway system? Are you trying to be naive? Do you know what makes a standard city?
Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Strikethem: 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
Remove Igbo business men from those regions and see how poor and empty those towns are. Igbos are the reason those towns are bubbling
They Don start again. If we remove igbo business men From London, Indonesia, Paris, Washington, all will be bush. Mumu
Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Strikethem: 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
SamoaJoe:

Thanks for stating the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Strikethem: 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ondo: Akure, Ondo, Ore, Owo, Okitipupa, Ifon.

1 Like

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
dukechilezie:
Plateau State. Jos, Mangu and Shendam
Zonacom:

[img]https://crayfisher.files./2018/01/shithole.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by papoudaupolos: 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
Igbo move out of their land to the more developed areas.

This is very common with people that dont have the patience of building a legitimate business. Fast money.
Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by emmysoftyou: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
GoldCircle:
Try Delta State: Asaba, Warri, Sapele, Agbor, Ughelli, Ogwash-uku.

Ogun: Abeokuta, Sango Ota, Agbara, Ijebu Ode, Sagamu, Mowe - Ibafo,
oga I have a land at Mowe. Pls remove mowe, it's not a city Biko.

Even agbara is not a city except the one area close to Lagos State..

Jesus even ibafo is there. Re you OK sir?. Pls remove now.

Sango ota developed because of her proximity to Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by ofai: 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
horsepower101:

Your IMO sense try small.

Abia has Aba, Umuahia and Abiriba

By the way, these are unnecessary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City by furrr(m): 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
horsepower101:

Well nothing new here
Zaria in kaduna STATE is more of a city than most of the so-called cities you just mentioned

Kano metropolis is just 1 lga that form what we now called kano city others include; fage, gwale, Dala ,tarauni ,kumbotso etc kano city is made up of 8 different lgas and counting

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS, Soldiers Not Unknown Gunmen Attack Sunday Igboho’s Residence In Ibadan (PHO / Breaking: Joe Igbokwe Annouces Intent To Run For Governor Of Lagos State. / VIDEO ACCOUNT: IPOB KILL 5 GOD IS GOOD (GIGM) DRIVERS & MANY PASSENGERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.