Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) (8454 Views)

Prof Osinbajo' At Sudan's Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (photos) / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters At Presidential Inauguration Gala Night (photo) / Photos: Presidential State Car Being Prepared For The Inauguration Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by boluyongp(m): 12:54pm On May 29, 2015
Hi Nairalanders, did you notice any mistakes in the inauguration ceremony?
Did you notice Buhari was not given the presidential collar to wear? Secondly, the Presidential necklace wasn't put on him. Thirdly, 20 gun salutes were made in his honour instead of 21. Fourthly, KWAM 1 songs grin , he was the main artiste for the event, did you notice the inappropriateness of his wordings, all about APC, its a national event not a campaign rally or party convention, they made it an all-yoruba entertainment unlike in the past when someone like Late Sunny Okosun or Onyeka Onwenu were called upon specifically to provide neutral entertainment. Bez or TY Bello or Asa would have been a better option in my opinion.

Below is Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan during his inauguration.

You can add yours.. And before you criticize me or the protocol officials, remember you are not in any way perfect and that protocol mistakes are pardonable and normal. Even the oath of office was wrongly administered during Obama's inauguration, he had to take the oath again privately.

NB: Buhari probably gave the shortest inaugural speech in history. I like how he keeps his speeches short smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by stevolinkon40: 12:59pm On May 29, 2015
Chai. Awon omo irole Aye.

6 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Princecalm(m): 1:01pm On May 29, 2015
change has been brought. What was Gej government like despite putting on all that.

18 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 29, 2015
Ur wahala be dat grin does that stops him from being the president? Keep hating u hear?

1 Like

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by stevolinkon40: 1:01pm On May 29, 2015
boluyongp:
Did you notice Buhari was not given the presidential collar to wear? Secondly, the Presidential necklace wasn't put on him. Thirdly, 20 gun salutes were made in his honour instead of 21.

You can add yours..

NB: Buhari probably gave the shortest inaugural speech in history. I like how he keeps his speeches short smiley
21 gun salutes were complete, counted it myself though at a point it was kinda slow. Stop finding faults and accept PMB... I campaigned for gej but its pmb now and we must embrace the president

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by boluyongp(m): 1:10pm On May 29, 2015
stevolinkon40:
21 gun salutes were complete, counted it myself though at a point it was kinda slow. Stop finding faults and accept PMB... I campaigned for gej but its pmb now and we must embrace the president
who told you I'm a GEJ supporter undecided . And why find fault in my post and then telling me not to find fault in something. Practice what you preach bro. And what does this have to do with PMB and fault-finding btw, is it PMB that shot the guns or swore himself. Nothing is perfect. Even the CHIEF JUDGE that swore Obama in made mistake even when clear paper was in front of him how much more gun salute. Protocol breaches are normal and pardonable and I observed some so what's the unsolicited advice for You can like to open your own thread.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nkemtreasure: 1:12pm On May 29, 2015
Did you watch the dinner party yesterday night? If you did, you'll remember GEJ explained that it was the highest honor that is given only to a president and since GMB was a former head of state, he already had the honour.

11 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nkemtreasure: 1:13pm On May 29, 2015
Did you watch the dinner party yesterday night? If you did, you'll remember GEJ explained that it was the highest honor that is given only to a president and since GMB was a former head of state, he already had the honour. So it wasn't a mistake at all. This event was planned by seasoned professionals and anything you see is as planned.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by boluyongp(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2015
adeekiti:
Ur wahala be dat grin does that stops him from being the president? Keep hating u hear?
err, what's the hatred here mr man. It was just an observation, protocol breach doesn't make his less the president. GEJ that wore it in the past nko, what major impact did he make undecided . So mr man, its just an observation, my signature applies to you and people like you.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 29, 2015
well every thing was OK we are moving change has started God bless you all my days here coming to an end

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 29, 2015
boluyongp:
err, what's the hatred here mr man. It was just an observation, protocol breach don't make his less the president. GEJ that wore it in the past nko, what major impact did he make undecided . So mr man, its just an observation, my signature applies to you and people like you.
wait I'm coming shogbo wink
Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 29, 2015
That ribbon symbolises "Grand Commander of the Federal Republic" GCFR. Buhari already has it by virtue of being a former past ruler. He can't be decorated twice

18 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by olasmith10(m): 1:18pm On May 29, 2015
There is no cause for alarm..we should be more concerned abt d next point of action in fixing d economy
Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by omolami: 1:22pm On May 29, 2015
Buhari's speech was short because he is clueless and had nothing upstairs to say. What can come out from a pry schl leaver?

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by boluyongp(m): 1:27pm On May 29, 2015
barcanista:
That ribbon symbolises "Grand Commander of the Federal Republic" GCFR. Buhari already has it by virtue of being a former past ruler. He can't be decorated twice
ohh! Ok. Makes sense. Thanks for letting me know and not being insultive about it, unlike some mr know-alls undecided . Enjoy the rest of the day.

Cc: nkemtreasure

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by olamydey(f): 1:28pm On May 29, 2015
angry
Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 29, 2015
boluyongp:
ohh! Ok. Makes sense. Thanks for letting me know and not being insultive about it, unlike some mr know-alls undecided . Enjoy the rest of the day.

Cc: nkemtreasure
My guy, you are welcome. Nobody has monopoly of knowledge, we all know what we are exposed to. It is always a pleasure to share information with people and learn from people.

13 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Jesusloveyou: 1:52pm On May 29, 2015
boluyongp:
Did you notice Buhari was not given the presidential collar to wear? Secondly, the Presidential necklace wasn't put on him. Thirdly, 20 gun salutes were made in his honour instead of 21. Fourthly, KWAM 1 songs grin , he was the main artiste for the event, did you notice the inappropriateness of his wordings, all about APC, its a national event not a campaign rally or party convention, they made it an all-yoruba entertainment unlike in the past when someone like Late Sunny Okosun or Onyeka Onwenu were called upon specifically to provide neutral entertainment. Bez or TY Bello or Asa would have been a better option in my opinion.

You can add yours..

that is d problem with nigeria, u can keep those collars and necklace. secondly,gej can fire d remaining gun salute in otueke, and lastly, gej can make d remaining speech in otuoke

8 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by gsparks01(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:
Buhari's speech was short because he is clueless and had nothing upstairs to say. What can come out from a pry schl leaver?
Buhari's speech was short ke? I almost fell asleep. how pained can you get??

6 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:
Speech or no speech.. He is the president..
Besides the speech was well said and touched on key issues of our development. It was definitely not short...
Before you start your hating techniques do some research on the state of nigerian economy in his previous military tenure.. the pry skl leaver did better than you PhD holder.

7 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by BabaNath(m): 2:47pm On May 29, 2015
How does that make him less of a President? Op go find serious work o. This our government no go tolerate jobless people running their mouth anyhow o. Shey u hear?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by pitaodey: 3:16pm On May 29, 2015
boluyongp:
who told you I'm a GEJ supporter undecided . And why find fault in my post and then telling me not to find fault in something. Practice what you preach bro. And what does this have to do with PMB and fault-finding btw, is it PMB that shot the guns or swore himself. Nothing is perfect. Protocol breaches are normal and pardonable and I observed some so what's the unsolicited advice for

Nigerians, una too like quarell. Two of una for sweet for politics o

1 Like

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:23pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:

Bros I hope you typed this from somewhere in Cameroon.

We are not sure of freedom after speech yet. No let make them use you set example grin.

Watch ground first...

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Ama80(f): 3:36pm On May 29, 2015
I also noticed buhari in his usual manner snubbed d diginitaries only to b whispered to whn he sat down evn whn he was convinced to do so still stopped in d second row only to b directed again by dat woman.osinbajo was my man of d moment and d wife.I expected pmb to knw better having bein there unlike osibanjo.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by adedolapo4(m): 3:50pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:

so funny how a primary school leaver rules over you right?? And with all your degrees, your voice can only be heard on Nairaland

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Akshow: 4:20pm On May 29, 2015
mistake or no mistake Buhari is ur president deal with it.

funny u forgot p square, face and the kanny hood singers and concentrated on just wasiu......that one na ur headache Mr. as for me and my family, we are enjoying the air of change and hopeful for a better naija

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by kreamidiva(f): 4:28pm On May 29, 2015
Chai!!!

Jonathan wore the presidential collar and necklace and was clueless for 8 years.

Our Buhari is not a dog. He doesn't need the collar to perform. Shikena!

And again, we hate talking too much. We are getting down to business real fast.

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 29, 2015
boluyongp:
err, what's the hatred here mr man. It was just an observation, protocol breach doesn't make his less the president. GEJ that wore it in the past nko, what major impact did he make undecided . So mr man, its just an observation, my signature applies to you and people like you.

Noted.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Teespice(f): 5:00pm On May 29, 2015
omolami:

the president who made long speeches and is a PhD holder, what did he offer as president.

name the things you benefitted as a citizen of this country. until then keep quiet

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 29, 2015
somebody should ask the man from Ota... The shameless old man that slept with his son's wife these questions.

*****Where are the snipers Jonathan trained?....

*****How many people has he killed from his 1000 man death-list?....

*****Where is the interim Government you said Jonathan wanted to handover to?....

*****Has Jonathan handed over to the military as you claimed?...

Quenching another man's candle will not make your own shine any brighter

Pls som1 should tell President Buhari that it's almost 7hours since he took over yet we don't have light in my area,shebi he promised us light??even the queue is still here in this filling station and d roads are still bad,what has he been doing in there since he was sworn in.. !

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes In Presidential Inauguration Ceremony (Pic) by tpiadotcom: 5:58pm On May 29, 2015
boluyongp:

You can add yours..

hope the next one will not be an artist from either the western or eastern world.

not saying anything's wrong with that however.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Kanu Unveils Atiku's Younger Brother Who Lives In Cameroun / Court Dismisses Suit Challenging Buhari’s Appointment Of 21 Judges / Osun 2nd Anniversary: We Have Entrenched Regular Payment Of Full Salary - Alabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.