Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. (1549 Views)

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody. Meaning?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by phoneport(m): 1:43pm On May 29, 2015
Haven read through the Inaugural speech by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari following his swearing-in as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on this day 29th May, 2015, i am humbled to say that for once in this era of Nigeria's political eclipse, i can see a man who seem committed towards a cause and not afraid of the consequences.

One thing struck me in the speech, when he said, "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody".
By this statement, i can see someone who is willing to listen to everybody, but ready to deiced and chart a new course for all on his own, without bias or sentiments. I see a man who is not coming onboard to preach or enforce any political agenda, but to serve as a president of all Nigerians.
This i salute and respect him for as our new leader.

What do you make of this his saying, 'I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody'. Share your opinion.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by cutesmilez(f): 1:48pm On May 29, 2015
Everybody have a say in his govt....... Nobody have d right 2 cajole him.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 29, 2015
everybody includes the masses nobody includes the politicians
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by TUMIC(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2015
Well i am watching you GMB in 4D... shocked shocked shocked
And APC is watching you in 3D.. cool cool cool

Why Tinubu... Well... i nor talk o... angry angry angry
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by Duru1(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2015
It is arrant nonsense.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by SHARIAREPORTERS: 2:07pm On May 29, 2015
He just spat on d face of d mafians
I just hope he won't pay wif his own blood
Dey may drop him down if he's not careful
An handshake got abacha down
I wish baba well, buh he shld watch his back
"Am for everybody and am for no one" if ya read it wella, he just marched d foot of d "donz"
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by TUMIC(m): 2:12pm On May 29, 2015
But seriously with this statement i hope he will not run into problem with his political party.
Because ether he likes it or not, his party will want to force some issues on him to consolidate on their agenda whether good or bad for the nation.
This is Africa.
Una know watin i dey talk. Now it is APC VS GMB.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by phoneport(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2015
TUMIC:
But seriously with this statement i hope he will not run into problem with his political party.
Because ether he likes it or not, his party will want to force some issues on him to consolidate on their agenda whether good or bad for the nation.
This is Africa.
Una know watin i dey talk. Now it is APC VS GMB.

It all depends on the way you look at it, he may still be able to find a middle ground with his party. It is just that with this; Old things have past away with PDP leading the nation instead of GEJ.
And i know you will agree with me that this is the best thing for our democracy and the way forward.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari. I Belong To Everybody & I Belong To Nobody. Meaning. by BabaNath(m): 2:57pm On May 29, 2015
P

(1) (Reply)

Why The Emergence Of Saraki Is Not A Victory For Democracy-by Gr8amechi / Newly Appointed Commissioners In Ebonyi State 2015 / Abuja Mansion: Buhari’s False Asset Declaration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.