Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State (30242 Views)

Court Orders Release Of Ifeanyi Ubah Within 48 Hours / PDP Twitter Militant @RadicaYouthMan Joins APC Because Of Ifeanyi Ubah. / Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Delta Guber, Labour 2nd, APC 3rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by pazienza(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2015
Onegai:
Nwenem, to all the prayers around you, we say "ise". Congrats o, please bring prosperity and advancement to our state.

And we are Deltans. Not any other tribe.

Onye nkaa, esikwa ebee maputa? Jee dono ani.

2 Likes

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by bigfrancis21: 6:21pm On May 29, 2015
pazienza:

Onye nkaa, esikwa ebee maputa? Jee dono ani.

I na-atupulu ya onu. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by pazienza(m): 6:28pm On May 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I na-atupulu ya onu. Lol
Inukwa! Anwu achachabe ndi kwu oto, ofoduzia ndi makpu amakpu! Haha!

3 Likes

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by nonaira: 6:32pm On May 29, 2015
Looking good in the trad outfit. Makes me even more proud of him. He knows his heritage and proud of it.
Even though I wished utomi would have been the first anioma that's delta governor, since he refused to listen to word and continued his dance of shame with APC, I'm proud okowa took over.

3 Likes

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by nonaira: 6:43pm On May 29, 2015
Ymodulus:
DELTA STATE?

Nothing good happens there. I just wished Festus Keyamo or even the great OGBURUGBURU can rule that state even if its for a month.

#DeltaState. Most Impoverished State since 1999 ( Ibori) yet they recieve massive FG allocation and have series of oil wells.

Rubbish State

If we insult this Yoruba ppl now. If I insult am, them go come here whining"tribalist". Yet everyday una devilish ppl, una children of Satan, will always come on NL hating. Hating all the time. # children of hate
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by tpiadotcom: 6:48pm On May 29, 2015
nonaira:

If we insult this Yoruba ppl now. If I insult am, them go come here whining"tribalist". Yet everyday una devilish ppl, una children of Satan, will always come on NL hating. Hating all the time. # children of hate

Wow, you are too wicked.

You know full well the person you are supposedly abusing is from niger state, yet your hatred of yorubas just has to be your handle here.

May God forgive you!

Maybe you are ymodulus sef!

1 Like

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by Ymodulus: 7:03pm On May 29, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Wow, you are too wicked.

You know full well the person you are supposedly abusing is from niger state, yet your hatred of yorubas just has to be your handle here.

May God forgive you!

Maybe you are ymodulus sef!

I am never from Niger State by Origin. If anything is to go by, am a Katsina boy
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by Deon28(m): 7:12pm On May 29, 2015
atlwireles:
My man Uduaghan has truly surprised me, in many ways. It will be well with you. God will continue to bless the great state of Delta. cool
what has he done to surprise u ? When he cud'nt finish any of his project both small and big !

2 Likes

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by atlwireles: 7:21pm On May 29, 2015
There are challenges in Delta, but I’ll be focused – Okowa -

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State was until today the senator representing Delta North Senatorial District and was elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. In this interview, he speaks on his plans, politics and prospects as governor of the state.
Excerpts:

Is it a challenge to you that you would be governor of Delta State at a time that another party would be in control of the central government?handover
I don’t see it as a major challenge, I am not losing sleep over that. The reason is that I believe that the president has Nigeria as his constituency and all Nigerians are part of his constituency. To that extent, I am not seeing him going there to play APC politics but to govern the people of Nigeria and therefore, Delta being one of the component parts, he will be relating to the government of Delta State as he relates with the people of Delta State.

We have been elected to serve our people and not to serve our party. We are not party officials, we were elected by the people to serve in government. To a very large extent, I know he means well for Nigeria, and I mean well for the people of Delta State. We will need to collaborate with each other and on my part, will offer the best in my ability to support the government of the federation to do its best concerning Delta and to achieve a peaceful state.

I offer my partnership and I will ensure that that partnership is really in the best interest of the people of Delta State which also know that to a very large extent Delta State being one of the oil producing states in Nigeria, is a state that the Federal Government cannot largely ignore and it is our duty working with the Federal Government in partnership to ensure that the resources of the country coming from Delta actually come.
So, I will offer cooperation to the Federal Government and I don’t intend in any manner to be confrontational to the Federal Government. That will not be of any help to my people and I also believe that the president would also want to see Delta State as one of his own and in the best interest of the people of Nigeria and the state that he will do what is right.

From what you gleaned from the efforts of your transition committee, do you see any challenges ahead of you?

Obviously, there are challenges going ahead. We are aware that nationally, many states, local governments and even the national government are in debt but it appears to me that the debt burden we are going to meet is going to be a huge challenge, huge enough to cause a scare but by God’s grace, we hope that we will find a way from our experiences to restructure it in such a manner that we are able to manage it going forward. Otherwise it is obvious that we are going to meet a huge challenge financially in the first few months and probably in the first two years.

Will this challenge impede the delivery of your campaign promises?

I will stay focused on my agenda, I will stay focused on my promises to the people, but obviously, there will be a slowdown in the processes that will lead to the actualisation of the promises because the promises definitely will have to be funded in one manner or the other but we are putting everything in place to lay the foundation for the takeoff of the programmes that we have in terms of creation of jobs, creating wealth for the people, restructuring and supporting technical education and entrepreneurial skills development and in terms of having universal health coverage.

We are looking at the totality of all these. We are creating the needed platform, but there will be a slowdown in the processes that will eventually get them to be fully functional and implemented, but you will realise that if you have a challenge to the extent that a state like Delta is not able to pay salaries, then you will know that it is huge.
You need to pay salaries before you begin to implement programmes. We have to grapple with payment of salaries of workers and that in itself is a huge challenge but I am not scared. I have no choice but to keep focused on my programmes, to reassure the people but without holding information from the people. They need to know the challenges that we are in so that they can partner with us to get out of the challenge.

Do you see the challenge from militancy arising again?

It is something that we have to take special note of, we have our peace building efforts, we are in touch with the leadership of such groups across, they were quite effective in trying to show ability to be part of the civil society even in the process of the campaigns on all sides of the political divide. We are definitely going to engage them from the beginning. We will not let them lose and we hope that through our managerial skills that we will be able to let them see the reason why we all need to partner to keep the state stable and peaceful because it is in the best interest of our people and it is in the best interest of ensuring that investors come into the state. We are also very hopeful that the president will also support us through the Federal Government programmes that will help to continuously engage these people and together we will be able to build that peace that will enable the development of our areas and the continuity of the production of oil and gas.
Are you envisaging discord in your relationship with other arms of government, especially the House of Assembly?
Not at all. I believe that the experiences and exposures I have had in government that I should be able to relate with them perfectly. When we are able to understand what the people seek and there is a partnership created from the beginning in which all sides are well informed, both the executive and the legislature, I believe that we would rather work in partnership rather than in confrontation.

What should the citizenry expect from you from May 29?

The people of Delta should expect a competent government committed to the will of the people, a government committed to developing the people and developing the state. A government committed to overcoming the challenges that it is going to meet on ground. A government that will keep the people informed of the activities of government and get them to have a voice in the governance of the state.
That, they should expect. We will respect people, we will treat people with respect, I will treat people with respect and I will direct the government to treat people with respect and by the grace of God, we shall be accountable to the people. But in all things that we do, including in appointments and distribution of infrastructure and programmes, we will ensure that we are fair, just and equitable.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/there-are-challenges-in-delta-but-ill-be-focused-okowa/#sthash.s3BuPd6u.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by asidere(m): 7:44pm On May 29, 2015
Okowa,you were not the choice of deltans but uduaghan your master forced you on us.If you like behave like your master who despite the enormous resources in the state was a complete failure.Okowa i dey wait for the employment you promised us.
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by waternogetemeny: 7:53pm On May 29, 2015
Congrats to Gov Ifeanyi Okowa, this was long over due and the best man won. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by Moscorinho(m): 11:16pm On May 29, 2015
Let him celebrate na, becos in 3months time he will eventually vacate that seat. Yeye dey smell, stolen mandate people............
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by Moscorinho(m): 11:28pm On May 29, 2015
Bunch of thieving bastards!!!!!!!!!!! Na let d looting begin.
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by M4gunners: 12:14am On May 30, 2015
sweetgimbo:
you enjoy ur tenure while it last, because OGBORU is our true governor.
Visit the nearest transformer jare. Okowa is my mentor. Great Ogboru will only come to recovered all the money he has been spending since to becomeed governor, for this reason i say no to Ogboru. I rather recommend Pat Utomi after 8 years of Okowa or Godswill.
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by M4gunners: 12:18am On May 30, 2015
Moscorinho:
Let him celebrate na, becos in 3months time he will eventually vacate that seat. Yeye dey smell, stolen mandate people............
Look for something better to do bro.
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by odumchi: 12:21am On May 30, 2015
pazienza:

Inukwa! Anwu achachabe ndi kwu oto, ofoduzia ndi makpu amakpu! Haha!

M werela ochi dorisie akuku m. Unu ajogbuo onwe unu! grin
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by M4gunners: 12:27am On May 30, 2015
nonaira:
Looking good in the trad outfit. Makes me even more proud of him. He knows his heritage and proud of it.
Even though I wished utomi would have been the first anioma that's delta governor, since he refused to listen to word and continued his dance of shame with APC, I'm proud okowa took over.
Yeah you are right Pat is really not living up to my expectation. I hope he don't turn another Judas.
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:32am On May 30, 2015
odumchi:

M werela ochi dorisie akuku m. Unu ajogbuo onwe unu! grin
Anam a suspect na ya bu nwanyi bu onye Edo state, ana anu n' Ali Ika.
Ufu obi o were ebe Igbo no, di egwu!.
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by AyakaDunukofia: 12:59am On May 30, 2015
Ndi beanyi, adi ayokwanu nwanne ayo. Rapu kenenu ndia aka bikonu.

Maka na'nyi ejiligo Jonathan gosi example na Naijiria

Jonathan jilikwa anyi gosi ikike Ndigbo na Naijiriya

Ndi Asaba, Igbuzo na Ogwashi-Uku fulu anyi n'anya rinne. Nkeanwa ezugolu anyi bikonu!

Rapunu ife gbasalu Ndi Ika Agbor, fa ga emesia nachiya azu.

Igbo nwelu mmadu; anyi adi acho mmadu.

1 Like

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by Jj222(f): 2:54am On May 30, 2015
1DNMC:
At last baba one chance don smack oga Jonah down I'm quite sure in 4 years time the Nigerians that are singing haill thee and halleluyah will be the ones to sing kill him,kill him

#teamyettocollectmypvc
(
yes you are absolutely right, trusth our naija people. months to come social media will be filled with complain.
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by Gboliwe: 6:38am On May 30, 2015
nonaira:

That man isn't Yoruba and you shouldn't insult an entire ethnicity because of the stench that flows from the mouth of the ill-bred few you cross paths with on nairaland. That mumu is from the north-central. He is more Hausa than Yoruba. Selah!
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by Ifebazz(m): 7:16am On May 30, 2015
Mamode14:

why must u comment like a fool
Look inwards if you're looking for the definition of a fool.
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by nonaira: 7:42am On May 30, 2015
M4gunners:
Yeah you are right Pat is really not living up to my expectation. I hope he don't turn another Judas.

I pray he does not. It'll be the most devasting to happen if he ever become like okorocha or Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by justicesky24(m): 6:38pm On May 30, 2015
coputa:
Can you please mention some of the suprises
abeg help me ask am o
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by justicesky24(m): 6:39pm On May 30, 2015
kelvyn7:
I am so happy Okowa is the Governor
u re happy becos u dont want d progress of delta #SMH
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by justicesky24(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2015
sweetgimbo:
you enjoy ur tenure while it last, because OGBORU is our true governor.
u re very correct my broda
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by justicesky24(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2015
Ifebazz:

For all we care, you and your Urhubo wayo agenda can jump into Ethiope river. Delta North has come to stay. 16 years of abject thievery, bigotry, high handedness, total disregard for rule of law and you guys can still bask in shamelessness. Truely, God has not touched Delta state yet.
who be dis educated fowl
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by kelvyn7: 6:59pm On May 30, 2015
justicesky24:
u re happy becos u dont want d progress of delta #SMH

what is ur definition of progress grin

what makes u think delta will not progress in his tenure ?
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by justicesky24(m): 7:29pm On May 30, 2015
kelvyn7:

what is ur definition of progress grin

what makes u think delta will not progress in his tenure ?
becos i know he did not win d election free and fair
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by kelvyn7: 7:48pm On May 30, 2015
justicesky24:
becos i know he did not win d election free and fair

my bro let's not talk abt who won elections free and fair cos we will not leave here if we start grin

1 Like

Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by justicesky24(m): 7:52pm On May 30, 2015
kelvyn7:

my bro let's not talk abt who won elections free and fair cos we will not leave here if we start grin

ok bro but i knw he will be kicked out of there be4 d end of his tenure
Re: Inauguration Of Ifeanyi Okowa As Governor Of Delta State by kelvyn7: 7:57pm On May 30, 2015
justicesky24:
ok bro but i knw he will be kicked out of there be4 d end of his tenure

are u a Deltan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Replies Deji Adeyanju Over N24b New EFCC Building Complex / Reno Omokri Reacts To Ibe Kachikwu's Letter To Buhari / Fayose Visits Ortom In Benue Over Fulani Herdsmen Attacks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.