Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana (10142 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Nigerians Flee Damasak Border Town As Troops Reportedly Plan To Withdraw..photos / Nigerians Flee To Cameroon To Escape Boko Haram Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Grizzly(m): 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2009
very soon we go get Nigeria-must-go bags,
Chaiii cry
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2009
faakay:

The main problem of Nigeria is ELECTRICITY!! it's affecting alot of business and they are collapsing! Running biz on fuel is not profitable at all, Total Loss!

The Government are BASTARDS!!! They will die 1 by 1.

We have been saying that for decades now. When will we actually do something about the situation?
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by strangleyo: 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2009
If we get another rigged elections perhaps it's time to start funding domestic terrorist groups. But knowing Nigerians they will just run rampant though. Violence against our leaders is not such a bad idea at this point. Get them a little more worried at the shit they've created.

I'm still totally puzzled at MEND, and why the continue to kidnap hapless oil workers.

Wouldn't it make more sense to kidnap a governor, or his daughter, it will make them think deeply about the situation in the country.

Or those pesky godfathers, a few of their heads being found the morning won't do too much harm. Perhaps even a few PDP party members going missing?

Question: Why are we killing each other when we could be killing them?
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by UNLEASHED(m): 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2009
Grizzly:

very soon we go get Nigeria-must-go bags,
Chaiii cry
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Kx: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2009
Yestreday,it was Ghana must go,
today it is Ghana here we come.

It goes to show dat no conidtion is permanent,
someday 2 naija will bounce back again if our leaders gree wake up
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by BAC: 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2009
Let's say a little prayer for Our Nation naija,  Close your eyes ,  you in the back, i say close your eyes.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Can someone say a big Amen from the Back
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by fesse(f): 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2009
The Government are BASTARDS!!! They will die 1 by 1.

they have already started dying
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by smurf1(f): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2009
I'm about to die right now shocked shocked shocked, are Ghanaians also fleeing to Nigeria, just outta curiousity?? undecided
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by ilaugh1: 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2009
The government of Vietnam recently warned Nigerians to stop coming to comit crime in Vietnam, is this a government problem or is it an individual problem? Go to Ghana, they will tell you there were no robbery problem until Nigerians started flooding their country, the same thing in south Africa, in the UK, majority of Nigerians who people think are living abroad are actually in jail in the UK, ask Gordon Brown, he will hapily tell the figures and stories, so, is this a government problem or the individual Nigerian problem? It is now a common thing to identify Nigeria with fraud, robbery, immigration crime, looting and credit card fraud worldwide, is this realy a government problem or right in the individual who comit these crimes? Is it justifiable to say, because the nation and the leadership is not up to task, so, Nigerians should be excused to go to other people's country and spoil the system hence making fools of themselves? Is this justifiable?
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by DisGuy: 6:03pm On Feb 16, 2009
Pastor Adeboye, at a three-day prayer meeting of the Apostolic Conference of Pentecostal Church leaders in Nigeria held at the RCCG, Redemption Camp, Shagamu, said just like the famine which took place in Egypt in the days of Joseph, the global financial crisis would persist.

what difference does it make to millions of nigerians, theyve been in recession for ages!!

“Despite the gloomy economic state worldwide, those who are righteous, faithful in giving their tithes and offering will prosper,” he said.

Ya heard? pay ya tithe and the recession wont come to you grin

but we have very good opportunitty to utilise our earning very well, focus on major infrastructures, implement policies
and block leakges now
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by medube(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2009
Dis Guy:

what difference does it make to millions of nigerians, theyve been in recession for ages!!

Exactly similar to what I told someone the other day. Africa and basically the third world have been living in RECESSION and we have survived. The whole news is taken over these days of how many workers this company laid off and how many that company laid off, BIG FRICKING DEAL smiley They have recession, so what, na we give them
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by cvibe: 6:54pm On Feb 16, 2009
Nigeria must go bags
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by kingzli(m): 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2009
his is quite sad, the decay of nigerian values is becoming mor apparent, we have to unite and solve the problems facing this country
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by osisi2(f): 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2009
I hope they're not going there with Ghana must go bags
They may be refused entry and who could blame the authorities? grin
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by spoilt(f): 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2009
People are trooping back to naija because of the economic recession here in the U.S. On the other hand each time i visit nigeria (which is every year by the way!) the standard of living seems to be getting worse for everyone! Life is unbearable, Nepa is hopeless, streets are filthy. Twenty generators in the neighbourhood are on at the same time driving you insane. People just try to take everything you came back with, even your suitcases!  shocked Its like a bad joke! Nigerians are a unique people. We have gotten so used to suffering that we dont know how other people live. Some will insist its not so bad. (probably the bankers and oil workers) but what about the vast majority that dont earn that kind of money. Ive considered returning to nigeria several times. I have no doubt in my mind that i will get a good job with a fantastic salary with the experience that i have but the living conditions are so bad. Even if you erect your own mansion, once you step out of your gates into the streets, you are at the mercy of a system that does not work. nigeria is still home for me. I love nigeria but something has got to give.  undecided
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Sauron1: 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2009
spoilt:

People are trooping back to naija because of the economic recession here in the U.S. On the other hand each time i visit nigeria (which is every year by the way!) the standard of living seems to be getting worse for everyone! Life is unbearable, Nepa is hopeless, streets are filthy. Twenty generators in the neighbourhood are on at the same time driving you insane. People just try to take everything you came back with, even your suitcases!  shocked Its like a bad joke! Nigerians are a unique people. We have gotten so used to suffering that we dont know how other people live. Some will insist its not so bad. (probably the bankers and oil workers) but what about the vast majority that dont earn that kind of money. Ive considered returning to nigeria several times. I have no doubt in my mind that i will get a good job with a fantastic salary with the experience that i have but the living conditions are so bad. Even if you erect your own mansion, once you step out of your gates into the streets, you are at the mercy of a system that does not work. nigeria is still home for me. I love nigeria but something has got to give.  undecided

Don't even think about it. . . . .
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2009
spoilt:

People are trooping back to naija because of the economic recession here in the U.S. On the other hand each time i visit nigeria (which is every year by the way!) the standard of living seems to be getting worse for everyone! Life is unbearable, Nepa is hopeless, streets are filthy. Twenty generators in the neighbourhood are on at the same time driving you insane. People just try to take everything you came back with, even your suitcases! shocked Its like a bad joke! Nigerians are a unique people. We have gotten so used to suffering that we dont know how other people live. Some will insist its not so bad. (probably the bankers and oil workers) but what about the vast majority that dont earn that kind of money. Ive considered returning to nigeria several times. I have no doubt in my mind that i will get a good job with a fantastic salary with the experience that i have but the living conditions are so bad. Even if you erect your own mansion, once you step out of your gates into the streets, you are at the mercy of a system that does not work. nigeria is still home for me. I love nigeria but something has got to give. undecided

So true. My mom left with 6 suitcases, came back with 1 grin grin

She said she almost came back with nothing sef
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by nazzyon(m): 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2009
1 GHC = 0.0159844 NGN
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2009
spoilt:

People are trooping back to naija because of the economic recession here in the U.S.

Are you sure?? Or are they going for a holiday?

spoilt:

On the other hand each time i visit nigeria (which is every year by the way!) the standard of living seems to be getting worse for everyone! Life is unbearable, Nepa is hopeless, streets are filthy. Twenty generators in the neighbourhood are on at the same time driving you insane.
So, you are saying that people go back home to a poorer standard of life?
spoilt:

People just try to take everything you came back with, even your suitcases! shocked Its like a bad joke! Nigerians are a unique people. We have gotten so used to suffering that we dont know how other people live. Some will insist its not so bad. (probably the bankers and oil workers) but what about the vast majority that dont earn that kind of money. Ive considered returning to nigeria several times. I have no doubt in my mind that i will get a good job with a fantastic salary with the experience that i have but the living conditions are so bad. Even if you erect your own mansion, once you step out of your gates into the streets, you are at the mercy of a system that does not work. nigeria is still home for me. I love nigeria but something has got to give.

Lol
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by spoilt(f): 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't even think about it. . . . .

Lol. each time i visit. I am cured. grin grin

HeatFusion:

So true. My mom left with 6 suitcases, came back with 1 grin grin

She said she almost came back with nothing sef

they would take the clothes off your back if they could. shocked

Kobojunkie:

Are you sure?? Or are they going for a holiday?
So, you are saying that people go back home to a poorer standard of life?

They are only returning to the standards they are used to. At least no taxes, no bills. grin
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by PastorAIO: 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2009
kingzli:

his is quite sad, the decay of nigerian values is becoming mor apparent, we have to unite and solve the problems facing this country

I am not so sure about this decay of values that I keep hearing about.  What were the exemplary values that we had before, I wonder?  Somebody tell me please.  Are we not a people that sell ourselves into bondage for a pittance.  That was 400 to 150 years ago.  Maybe things have even improved since then not decayed.  Or perhaps we are thinking about colonial times.  Sorry but that was a foreign government imposing it's ethics on us.  Please let's take a more honest look at ourselves and our history.
Dis Guy:

Ya heard? pay ya tithe and the recession wont come to you  grin

That says it all doesn't it.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by londoner: 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2009
@ debosky, I did not claim that the whole of Nigeria is safe or calm. However, some places are exactly that. my response was obviously not a blanket statement about Nigeria, but to despute the view that if you live in Nigeria, you cannot be out late without fear of attack, or that being in Nigeria means constant stressful living. Clearly, the poster (who is an individual) can get those things right in Nigeria, at the places I mentioned, without ever having to leave for Ghana.

That was my point, I wasn't talking in generalities at all.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Muza(m): 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2009
Nigeria must go in the offing
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by londoner: 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2009
Ghana will not send Nigeria packing, the legitimate business/investment in Ghana from Nigerians ie, banks, telecoms etc is something which they actually will think twice about letting go of. Its not the same type of influx that came into Nigeria when the Ghanaians came in the 1980's.

If Ghana sends even just the Nigerian banks packing, their own people will feel it.
There is a stark contrast.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2009
Can't wait to see how the Nigeria-Must-Go bag will look.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by afiamanu(f): 12:18am On Feb 17, 2009
HeatFusion:

Can't wait to see how the Nigeria-Must-Go bag will look.
lol its funny but I don't think Ghanaians would ever do anything like that, afterall when Nigerians came to Ghana hundreds of years ago we accepted them and now they are part of our country/culture.

londoner:

Ghana will not send Nigeria packing, the legitimate business/investment in Ghana from Nigerians ie, banks, telecoms etc is something which they actually will think twice about letting go of. Its not the same type of influx that came into Nigeria when the Ghanaians came in the 1980's.

If Ghana sends even just the Nigerian banks packing, their own people will feel it.
There is a stark contrast.

Umm, which banks and businesses are these?

nazzyon:

1 GHC = 0.0159844 NGN

I'm very sure you are misinformed. The exchange rate you shwoed is the old Ghana Cedi the new one follows as this
1 GHS = 108.106 NGN or in case you don't understand that, 1 NGN = 0.00925016 GHS
The Ghana Cedi is almost that of Canada's dollar with the exchange rate as follows: 1 GHS = 0.908087 CAD

I notice that when Nigerians are being spoken about with a negative connotation, such as Nigerians 'running'(for lack of a better word) to a different country, some people always seem to go on the defensive and attack other Nationalities living in Nigeria as posted by Ify. There is no denying that Ghananians amoungst others are living in Nigeria but the topic at hand is that there is an increasing trend in Nigerians fleeing to Ghana and other countries. Why don't you just deal with the topic instead of trying to get somewhere by stating that Ghanaians are also in nigeria.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Grizzly(m): 12:28am On Feb 17, 2009
Are people really trooping into nigeria from the US?
how times change? grin
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by londoner: 12:46am On Feb 17, 2009
@ Afiamanu, you may want to have a read through this.
Nigeria invests heavily in Ghana, as well as other African countries. That is not even an exhaustive list of them either.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=751182
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by follypimpi(m): 2:19am On Feb 17, 2009
Nigeria Oh my Nigeria,why have thou not changeth for ye people to live good life that ye should be living. sad sad sad sad

Fela don talk am
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by adconline(m): 2:41am On Feb 17, 2009
pastor@
Government doesn't build roads etc, yes I agree.  But how many citizens in that country pay their taxes.  Except you are working for a big firm or bank and can't hide, most nigerians scam their government on a regular basis.  I'm not saying that if they paid their taxes then the taxes with be well spent on public utilities by the government.  But I am saying that it takes two to tango.  The people are as rotten if not more rotten than the leadership they like to blame.  In fact the leadership merely emerges from the people.

It seems that you do not have an idea on what govt represents. Can you show me any country with good govt where its people are bad? If you get into a ship that is about to sink and the captain is terribly bad do you blame the passengers  for boarding the ship or the captain?
Point of correction: There is never any country in this world that has been saved spiritually. This is shear negation of responsibility. God can only work through humans. Stop blaming the victims, blame the oppressor.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by afiamanu(f): 4:33am On Feb 17, 2009
londoner:

@ Afiamanu, you may want to have a read through this.
Nigeria invests heavily in Ghana, as well as other African countries. That is not even an exhaustive list of them either.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=751182
Whoa, I didn't realize how much Nigeria invested in Ghana, thanks for that.
Re: Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 17, 2009
quote from pastor AIO "Why does the source of the problem have to be outside the individual?  Whether it is the 'babylon' system, the poor leadership or some other external factor.  Why is it that when these people then get an opportunity to go to another country with Good leadership and good system they still manage to be nothing more than a nuisance to the society?  Is that also the fault of our bad leaders at home? 

I still haven't heard of a decent enquiry made by any African people as to why the slave trade occurred on the scale that it did.  If anything goes wrong in oyinboland, whether it is an accident, plane crash, systemic failure, whatever, an inquiry is made to ascertain the reasons why these things happened so we are better informed to deal with it and make sure it doesn't happen again. 

Or perhaps African people are pathologically incapable of self contemplation and self criticism. 

Government doesn't build roads etc, yes I agree.  But how many citizens in that country pay their taxes.  Except you are working for a big firm or bank and can't hide, most nigerians scam their government on a regular basis.  I'm not saying that if they paid their taxes then the taxes with be well spent on public utilities by the government.  But I am saying that it takes two to tango.  The people are as rotten if not more rotten than the leadership they like to blame.  In fact the leadership merely emerges from the people. 

As records attest, these rotten peoples, when they go to other societies with  'good leadership', only make themselves a nuisance to that society.  Of course I'm speaking in broad strokes and not referring to absolutely everyone.  Time and time again in London I come across nigerians that have such a rancid attitude it's terrifying.  It has gotten to the point where I have some 9ja friends that deny their nigerian.  They claim Togo.  Why?  cos no one's heard of Togo so there will be no preconceptions or prejudice against them for it. 

I personally think that the problem is cultural and spiritual, not political.  Nigerians need to do some soul searching, and I don't mean as a nation but each of us as individuals.  We need to look within and questions ourselves and our lives. 
Nigeria has always exported it's human resources for the last 400 years or more, whether it is forcibly in the slave trade, or willingly as in the present immigration situation.  These two phenomena are linked"

I REALLY HAVE TO GO PONDER AT THIS. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market / Stop Politicising The Nigerian Army, Olowu Of Kuta Warns Politicians / Who Still Remember This Propaganda (photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.