Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,885 members, 7,863,008 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

See How Power Bank Electricuted And Killed This Girl In Ghana - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See How Power Bank Electricuted And Killed This Girl In Ghana (1366 Views)

Charlyboy: 'Why I Stopped Sleeping In My Casket And Killed My Pet Python' / Lady Blasts Peter Okoye For Cheating With Another Girl In UK(Pics) / Graphic Photo: Girl Dies After Being Electricuted By Phone Power Bank In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Power Bank Electricuted And Killed This Girl In Ghana by smarty256: 12:35am On May 30, 2015

A young Ghanaian girl identified as Blandine was on May 25th electrocuted to death after the power bank she was using to charge her phone got stuck on her skin and electrocuted her.
According to reports from Dumsor, Ghana, the girl was chatting with a friend when she fell asleep and placed the power bank she was using to charge her phone around her breast region.
She had connected the power bank to an electricity source so it can charge when power is restored. As power was restored to her area, their was a power surge, the power bank got heated and got stuck on her skin, electrocuting her to death. Her parents found her dead.

SEE FULL PHOTOS

Re: See How Power Bank Electricuted And Killed This Girl In Ghana by LuckyLadolce(m): 12:52am On May 30, 2015
cry
Re: See How Power Bank Electricuted And Killed This Girl In Ghana by bewla(m): 2:00am On May 30, 2015
KAI this is serious baba most hear this . r i p to the girl
Re: See How Power Bank Electricuted And Killed This Girl In Ghana by BABERIANKING(m): 12:37am On May 31, 2015
As an Electrical Engineer, this is almost impossible. Why?
1. THE POWER BANK CHARGER. this is the what is connected to the socket, extension, etc. Now it is this charger that can be surged. From this charger to the power bank, its direct current (DC) which is not more than 5 volts 1.8 Amps for mobile phone charger which is
also used for to charge the power bank.
2. THE POWER BANK ITSELF. Here you have a battery rated not more than 10,000 milli amperes (judging by the size of this power bank) which is also eqaul to 10 Amps DC. This current being a DC cannot even shock let alone heatin up the bank to cause such damage. If the surge came from the charger (which is not possible because even when there is surge only the charger is affected.) why didnt the cable melt as well?
Give or take, 2 things are involved

1. This girl was killed and made to look like its the power bank.
2. Them follow her come from village.
Either case, RIP if really you are dead.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Step Aside Oshiomole; 84 Year Old Emir Of Daura Marries His 25 Year Old Bride / Check Out Rihanna With Her BFF Melissa Forde, As They Rocks Matching Outfit At N / My (fans Me) Video Was Trying To Promote Amala Not Cocaine – Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.