Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce (45392 Views)

What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? / What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? / 10 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Zendizel(m): 12:27am On May 31, 2015
;DCan't stop laughing. !!!! ;DCan't stop laughing. !!!!
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by themodernman: 12:41am On May 31, 2015
adorablevic:
Ehn....what's then the purpose of courtship ,if marriages still fail due to mere issues like this...

That's either because people pretend a lot during courtship or they do not have enough sex which clears up any infatuation.

2 Likes

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by kestolove95(m): 12:48am On May 31, 2015
And judges go dey hia all Dix tinx dem no go laff?

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by CertifiedFreak(m): 12:49am On May 31, 2015
Lol..ok this is epic!
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by yomi007k(m): 1:06am On May 31, 2015
i smell lies angry
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by bishopstan(m): 3:46am On May 31, 2015
only in Yoruba land..........igbos can not try that rubbish when you know that you marry your wife with enough billions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Btruth: 5:23am On May 31, 2015
Irole aiye. (world evening thing) undecided
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Atk1nson(m): 5:27am On May 31, 2015
Charleschidera:
That is why i like and respect Igbo people, they can't try to divorce for dis rubbish reasons.......

Just take a look at those names
I guess you are not smart enough to see that the report is centred on magistrate courts in d West, please take ur tribal beef and don't spoil the humour here

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Nobody: 5:53am On May 31, 2015
This shows how uncivilized some people are. What's even most annoying is that they say the are the most civilized!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Nobody: 5:54am On May 31, 2015
not funny. Just pathetic and sad.

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by marabout(m): 5:56am On May 31, 2015
lol
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by bezimo(m): 5:58am On May 31, 2015
[quote

OLUWAKELE OGUNDELE divorced her husband because he often defecated in their cooking pots after getting drunk. She told Agege Customary Court (Lagos) that her husband, OLUWAFEMI gets drunk every weekend. According to her, she can no longer cope again with the 10 years of marriage /[/quote]

This is as disgusting as it is also hilarious.So alcohol made a man to see cooking pot as toilet bowl and seat.Lol!!!

3 Likes

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Rushna(f): 6:21am On May 31, 2015
Can't just stop laughing cos of d excuses, tot dey say 'love covereth' "all thing. Well, some of the excuses are reasonable sha bt dey are actually funny.
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by docsholz(m): 6:29am On May 31, 2015
Chinaimporter:

All na yoruba people
they should have been ibos in yorubaland, it's too early to be foolish don't u think
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by DrGroove(f): 6:37am On May 31, 2015
Chanchit:
Here’s a compilation of some of the funniest reasons given by couples who went to divorce court for dissolutin of marriage.

ADELANI MAKINDE, a 32 year old businessman filed for divorce just hours after his expensive wedding. ADELANI discovered that his bride, KEMI had been wearing what is known as a butt pad to augment the size of her rear.

ADELANI told an Ikeja high court that his wife’s yansh is as flat as an ironing board. “I discovered that on our wedding night. I prefer a woman whose rear is big.”

OLUWAKELE OGUNDELE divorced her husband because he often defecated in their cooking pots after getting drunk. She told Agege Customary Court (Lagos) that her husband, OLUWAFEMI gets drunk every weekend. According to her, she can no longer cope again with the 10 year marriage.

55 year old EMMANUEL ASALA told Ikare Akoko Customary Court (Ondo) to dissolve his marriage to BUSAYO because she did not bring kitchen utensils from her father’s house. “How will a woman get married without a grinding stone, tablespoons, mortar, pestle, deep freezer and even serving plates?

“She did not bring any of these to my house. I don’t think I can continue with the marriage.” These were the words Emmanuel uttered in court. He even prayed the court should order Busayo to return all the things he listed because he bought them with his money.

ADETIRE ADEBOLA, a 40 year old carpenter told an Ikeja high court (Lagos) to dissolve his marriage of five years because his in-law often intervened when he is beating his wife.

“She is a stubborn woman. They don’t want me to teach her a lesson. I don’t like it when her people stop me from beating her. It is either they take their daughter or allow me put sense into her head”, was what ADEBOLA told the court during the proceeding.

SOJI IBRAHIM, a 35 year old trader ended his marriage of two months to RASHIDAT because she has small boobs.” It was her boobs that attracted her to me. I met her when she came to buy pepper from me. I couldn’t take my eyes off her big boobs.”

Ibrahim was shocked to discover his wife had been using artificial boobs after getting married to her. “Her boobs are small as Agbalumo (cherry)”, he said. “I detest those small size boobs. It is better to end the marriage.”

EJEMBI TONY and RACHAEL ended their five year marriage because of shoe odour. RACHAEL filed for divorce at an Igando Grade II court (Lagos) because her husband’s shoes smell a lot. After enduring and seeking solution to the problem, Rachael opted out of the union that produced three kids.

ADERIBIGBE ALLEN and SANDRA‘s marriage of one year hit the rocks after Allen filed for divorce in Oluyole Customary Court (Oyo) because he was tired of sharing house chores. “We agreed on how to do the house chores but I am tired of washing unending plates piled up in the kitchen.

“I regret marrying her and agreeing to share house chores. She is just too lazy.

EMMANUEL OBAFEMI and BIDEMI did not come to terms and their marriage eventually hit the rocks. According to Emmanuel, his wife is fond of flatulence at any point in time, and it smells horribly. He told an Igando customary court to dissolve their marriage because he can no longer cope with the habit.

MERIT ADAMS, a 29 year old entrepreneur decided to end her marriage after stumbling on her husband, Alex’s facebook page. According to her, Alex wrote that he is single on his facebook page. So, she wants to grant him his wish.

TOYIN ADISA, a 32 year old man was divorced on the grounds that he wouldn’t watch football match again. His wife, ADIJAT said she has been given black eye twice because her husband’s team lost in a football match.

She prayed the Agege (Lagos) court to dissolve the marriage because of this habit.

ADEBISI JADESIMI divorced her husband of two years because he is fond of wearing female undergarment, especially pants. “It is unbelievable that we share pants. He wouldn’t wear boxers even if you threaten to kill him, he prefers female pants.

“How would a man be wearing woman’s pants”, she narrated her ordeal to Alakuko Customary Court (Lagos).

http://www.sugardaily.ng/hilarious-compilation-of-the-funniest-weirdest-reasons-nigerian-couples-divorce/
Yoluba people, not surprising .

They have no respect, no regards for marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by DrGroove(f): 6:39am On May 31, 2015
bishopstan:
only in Yoruba land..........igbos can not try that rubbish when you know that you marry your wife with enough billions
Exactly.. Marriage is cheap or free in Yorubaland
A lot of them cohabit n said they are married. mtcheeew!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by DrGroove(f): 6:41am On May 31, 2015
professore:
The absence of love causes all these things
There is nothing like Love btw a man and a woman.
At least,not in my generation
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Billygee2u: 6:54am On May 31, 2015
very funny illiterate people
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by gohzieh(m): 6:56am On May 31, 2015
I suppose this I common with 'yorubas'. No pun intended.
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Neplusultra(f): 6:57am On May 31, 2015
Wots funny here? It's pathetic undecided

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Fidecoo(m): 6:59am On May 31, 2015
Chanchit:
Here’s a compilation of some of the funniest reasons given by couples who went to divorce court for dissolutin of marriage.

ADELANI MAKINDE, a 32 year old businessman filed for divorce just hours after his expensive wedding. ADELANI discovered that his bride, KEMI had been wearing what is known as a butt pad to augment the size of her rear.

ADELANI told an Ikeja high court that his wife’s yansh is as flat as an ironing board. “I discovered that on our wedding night. I prefer a woman whose rear is big.”

OLUWAKELE OGUNDELE divorced her husband because he often defecated in their cooking pots after getting drunk. She told Agege Customary Court (Lagos) that her husband, OLUWAFEMI gets drunk every weekend. According to her, she can no longer cope again with the 10 year marriage.

55 year old EMMANUEL ASALA told Ikare Akoko Customary Court (Ondo) to dissolve his marriage to BUSAYO because she did not bring kitchen utensils from her father’s house. “How will a woman get married without a grinding stone, tablespoons, mortar, pestle, deep freezer and even serving plates?

“She did not bring any of these to my house. I don’t think I can continue with the marriage.” These were the words Emmanuel uttered in court. He even prayed the court should order Busayo to return all the things he listed because he bought them with his money.

ADETIRE ADEBOLA, a 40 year old carpenter told an Ikeja high court (Lagos) to dissolve his marriage of five years because his in-law often intervened when he is beating his wife.

“She is a stubborn woman. They don’t want me to teach her a lesson. I don’t like it when her people stop me from beating her. It is either they take their daughter or allow me put sense into her head”, was what ADEBOLA told the court during the proceeding.

SOJI IBRAHIM, a 35 year old trader ended his marriage of two months to RASHIDAT because she has small boobs.” It was her boobs that attracted her to me. I met her when she came to buy pepper from me. I couldn’t take my eyes off her big boobs.”

Ibrahim was shocked to discover his wife had been using artificial boobs after getting married to her. “Her boobs are small as Agbalumo (cherry)”, he said. “I detest those small size boobs. It is better to end the marriage.”

EJEMBI TONY and RACHAEL ended their five year marriage because of shoe odour. RACHAEL filed for divorce at an Igando Grade II court (Lagos) because her husband’s shoes smell a lot. After enduring and seeking solution to the problem, Rachael opted out of the union that produced three kids.

ADERIBIGBE ALLEN and SANDRA‘s marriage of one year hit the rocks after Allen filed for divorce in Oluyole Customary Court (Oyo) because he was tired of sharing house chores. “We agreed on how to do the house chores but I am tired of washing unending plates piled up in the kitchen.

“I regret marrying her and agreeing to share house chores. She is just too lazy.

EMMANUEL OBAFEMI and BIDEMI did not come to terms and their marriage eventually hit the rocks. According to Emmanuel, his wife is fond of flatulence at any point in time, and it smells horribly. He told an Igando customary court to dissolve their marriage because he can no longer cope with the habit.

MERIT ADAMS, a 29 year old entrepreneur decided to end her marriage after stumbling on her husband, Alex’s facebook page. According to her, Alex wrote that he is single on his facebook page. So, she wants to grant him his wish.

TOYIN ADISA, a 32 year old man was divorced on the grounds that he wouldn’t watch football match again. His wife, ADIJAT said she has been given black eye twice because her husband’s team lost in a football match.

She prayed the Agege (Lagos) court to dissolve the marriage because of this habit.

ADEBISI JADESIMI divorced her husband of two years because he is fond of wearing female undergarment, especially pants. “It is unbelievable that we share pants. He wouldn’t wear boxers even if you threaten to kill him, he prefers female pants.

“How would a man be wearing woman’s pants”, she narrated her ordeal to Alakuko Customary Court (Lagos).

http://www.sugardaily.ng/hilarious-compilation-of-the-funniest-weirdest-reasons-nigerian-couples-divorce/
WHY IS IT that, THE MAjORITY OF THEM ARE YORUBA'S? I am not been bayased here, but just asking a question.
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Nobody: 7:04am On May 31, 2015
grin grin grin grin when watching the walk, the walkers may appear sluggish, lazy, outlandish, pious or just plain ridiculous. A walk in their shoes might not seem so funny though. May God bless me with a good man.
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by bomb1(m): 7:20am On May 31, 2015
lilcashking:
Finally, the 4th President of the 4th Republic was declared President on the 4th Month of the year after contesting for the 4th time and sworn-in on the 4th Friday of the month, for a 4 year term.

Won election on the 4th Saturday of the month
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by proficienc(m): 7:20am On May 31, 2015
lilcashking:
Finally, the 4th President of the 4th Republic was declared President on the 4th Month of the year after contesting for the 4th time and sworn-in on the 4th Friday of the month, for a 4 year term.
Oga, is May the 4th month of the year

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by mustylat: 7:25am On May 31, 2015
Diz ones. No try @all ooo!
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by possibilita(m): 7:34am On May 31, 2015
Lol. But this ass and boob deceivers have to stop.this is one reason why men don't like sex after marriage if not they will end up been deceived anyway #teambigass,#teambigboobs #teamstopthebutpad #teamstopthefakeboobs. For the ladies if u don't. Are not truthful about the size of ur ass and boobs u will only end up divorces and disgraced 24hrs after ur wedding so tell the truth and have a happy matrimony
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Nobody: 7:36am On May 31, 2015
ROTFL. That football own really got me laughing like mad! but na wa for Yoruba ppl and divorce sef, una be Americans ni? especially Lagosians lipsrsealed
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by yogun(f): 7:42am On May 31, 2015
Lmao
Are these reasons real? Oluwa o!!!
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Bollinger(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2015
Most of the reasons could have been avoided if both couples had known each other in the truest sense before marriage. I don't really subscribe to indiscriminate sexual contact before marriage, but in this day and age it is almost a necessity. If I'd seen you nak.ed before, there won't be any surprise issues with fake butt, fake boobs and "you can't satisfy me" nonsense. You wouldn't buy a car without first driving it would you?
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by tunnary(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2015
LMAO i wish d list can just continue. Its so fun

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by Nobody: 8:34am On May 31, 2015
Buhahahahaha, Okokobioko! I can't stop laughing. This is what you get when you married 4 d wrong reasons & when couple don't have d fear of God. Marriage is nt a place 4 puerile behavior, if u re nt ready don't ever imagine it in your mind. To b single is allowed but divorce is a big NO, except 4 adulterous reasons. Dats d way God made it. Don't carry foolish & stupid mentality & enter your matrimonial home otherwise your'!! regret it 4 d rest of your life!
Re: Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce by lollybee15(m): 9:38am On May 31, 2015
They are all really weird and funny. May God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.