Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? (7630 Views)

My Experience With Facebook Fake Aliko Dangote -photos / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / What Is The Maximum Daily Deposit In Nigerian Banks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by davsquared: 1:04am On Mar 07, 2009
i'm a staff of one of the new generation banks.

The best thing anyone can do if u feel u r being "robbed" by d so called banks is to escalate issues.

Go to d bank and make a lot of noise abt hw u r being treated. U'll b shocked at hw speedily d issue will b attended 2.

No bank wants a disgruntled customer in their banking hall. Disgruntlement of one person tends 2 hav a rippling effect. wat if person wey get 50mill

just waka enter d bank c as d oda person dey shout? e go just dey tink 4 im mind say dis people no sabi treat customer well. even sef, e fit just waka

comot wit im moni.

so escalate issues and u'll get attention.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by denny4ril: 11:12am On Apr 22, 2010
it is surprising such things happen but i have always had good banking experience except ATM CASH DISPENSE ERROR THAT WAS CORRECTED IMMEDIATELY
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by CHARLOE(m): 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2010
I had some very ugly, unbeleivable experiences with diamond bank. I opened an account some 2yrs ago, 6months later, N3000 was been deducted from d acc monthly for 5 months (N15k) without my knowledge. When i found out, they said it's d fixed monthly charge just introduced for that acc (can't remember d name) and was asked to migrate to another with normal cot charges. They claimed to have sent txt to that effect but i didn't recieve any (2 other pple i told went to check and also discovered same thing). I did migrate, but you wouldn't beleive on d 30-12-09 i recieved a text to d effect that from 31-12-09 (d following day!) N10,000 cot will be deducted from my account monthly! Where in d world is N10k/month cot charged? I got that txt around 12.30pm, had to go and clear my acc b4 they robbed me. Truely, The following day i went to check my acc and it was in d red (-N9500). Since then i had to abandon that acc, but my fear is some of my customers may pay into that acc (though i tried informing them d acc is no longer in use).
When i complained they advised me to migrate (again!) to another acc (DBXA) to 'ENJOY' zero cot, but with monthly charges of b/w N3,500-N1,500 monthly charges, which is still on d high side! This is nothing but robbery!.
Re: What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? by Jarus(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
Rushing to Minna to go attend to one private thing one Saturday. Didn't want to carry cash with me, so withdrew at MMA2 just what I needed to pay for my flight Lagos-Abuja. Landed @ Abuja and paid for Taxi to drop me @ Minna Motor Park in Utako, Abuja. Paid with my last money. Entered Zenith bank in Utako to withdraw money to continue Abuja-Minna road journey only for GTB to have network problem! My head was cracking. For more than 2 hours, no network, and that was the only ATM I took along. I was sweating.I was mad at my friends in GTB calling all of them and lamenting what their bank was making me experience in Abuja as if na their papa get GTB. Called all my friends in Abuja, they were out of town on Christmas break(it was Dec 26 I think). I had to swallow pride to collect 1k from the Zenith bank security.guy that saw how disturbed I was. By the time I got to Minna, I went to GT ATM straight and the network was back. I loaded myself with the maximum withdrawable amount that afternoon, cos I had learnt my lesson.

Cos I rushed straight to Abuja airport on my way from Minna next day, I couldn't go to Zenith to refund that security. When next I went to that side of Abuja, more than one year later, I branched in that Zenith branch to give the security guy his 1k back and added some gift. Very great ibo guy.

It was the nastiest experience I had with a bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) / BVN: Banks Engage Law Firm To Appeal Court Ruling / 2-3m For Business - Sound Ideas Needed Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.