Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba (11324 Views)

Obiano Empowers Anambra Students With 25 Litre Water Jerry Can (Photo) / History Of Tribal Wars Between Igbo And Yoruba In Nigeria Since 1946 (part One) / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Dollyak(f): 8:05pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
I grew up among Eboes after the war.There was no policy about how to teach the war and so it was kept quiet not just there but nationally at least in schools.It is only no that one or two incidents or encounters with adults or teachers are making sense. Many Yorubas are likely to give you a more consistent story because it is the truth. Many more people died than should have because Ojukwu refused to surrender when it was clear that his position was lost.This was ultimately don to pride

The war was a genocidal event.That is the nature of all wars in Africa especially when they have a tribal overtone. There has been no true healing and reconciliation but the fact is
1) The Eboes declared the war and had no way of winning it we cannot escape that
2) They expected the Yoruba to declare a similar war and characterize the failure to do so as backstabbing and cowardice

They claim (The figure is always changing) 3 million died and expect that the Yoruba should have sacrificed their lives to prove machismo? Why should they? When and if the Yoruba decide to leave Nigeria they know how to go about it wisely.
We do not have any point to prove. In 1966 there was no solidarity between the Yorubas and the Eboes so the issue of backstabbing is bizarre
Thanks Sir really insightful.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by socialmediaman: 8:06pm On May 31, 2015
PedroJP:
Nice one, u wrote well. How would u attribute such hatred or misunderstanding to the past alone when u have some in our present wishing a certain region death in the lagoon. It's simply not a thing of the past rather our incompatibility.

Sometimes words are like bullets and when fired even mistakenly, cannot be retrieved. an example could be perhaps when Buhari said "i'll stabilize oil price" or when Jonathan said "i'll create unemployment" and these were continuously used against them throughout the campaigns. I think the Oba should've been rebuked and meant to apologize because such actions stir ugly reactions from the public and they increase suspicion and never promote national unity, but remember also, that the same way you accuse someone, the person also accuses you, meaning there is possibly something he or she also feels you have done wrong. This is very evident in marriage relationships gone sour.

I think we all, all ethnic groups in Nigeria, have a part to play to foster unity and understanding in this country. It will never come without sacrifices, we must let go of some pride as a people and promote fairness, peace and respect for other people and their tribes.

I cannot guarantee unity though, if people dont want it, its only a personal wish which i try to promote as much as i can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 8:09pm On May 31, 2015
PedroJP:

lol, did i even mention agreement on my post ? Thought i said if Mr A "feels".... Then, there was no agreement, just like there wasn't an agreement b4 2015 presidential election where Yornks for that, it has channeled a new route for us.
That is a childish characterization laced with typical Eboe dishonesty and egubas felt Gej had his cabinets filled with Igbos and hence, must do everything to get rid of him n spite the Igbos. U are welcomed. Thaocentricity. Getting rid of Jonathan can be seen from the perspective of being marginalized.Why does it have to be "SPITING" Eboes. When ObJ was president he brough in several Eboes into his government .When Eboes got into GEJ's government if the Eboes were sensible and smart and strategic and sincere in their commitment to Biafra they would have tried to ensure Southern Nigeria unity instead they were the ones doing the spiting ,an Eboe Minister Oduah sacked over 6 Yorubas and replaced them with Eboes in ONE day and here on Nairaland Eboes were shouting Merit Merit. The Eboe's problem is inability to think strategically.Who was spiting who.Now the south is not united and the North wins. If genuinely Eboes wanted Biafra that ws their opportunity but they were only interested in buying BMWs and it is only when that disappears they started talking about Biafra again.The wise thing to do was to swallow their pride and bitterness and build a united south but the Eboe felt threatened by Tinubu and decided to monopolize GEJ's government.The Yoruba's had to find another path and now that is spiteful?You folk reason like children!!

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Islanders1: 8:11pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
The problem with you folk is you are very dishonest by nature.Did Yoruba wish Eboe death in the Lagoon? The Oba of Lagos made some remarks.He was widely criticized even by the candidates he was supposed to be supporting. Even Yorubas criticized him.But then Eboes saw that as an opportunity to humiliate the Yorubas and made that a national anthem until many Yorubas turned against them. Another example of wanting to force their will on a people .

The truth of the matter is this Eboes have always borne a grudge against the Yoruba for the civil war that is the bottom line. Te Yoruba as a group believe they had nothing to do with the civil war and it was the fall out of military politics.
But before te civil war the Yorubas had genuine grievances against Eboes' tendency t seek to use their alliance with the NPC in the centre to marginalize Yorubas.This is well documented. that is the background but the Yorubas never discriminated against the Eboes after the civil war especially in Lagos as they could have and as Eboes would do if the shoe was on the other foot

The Eboes have always been the ones in government with the North and the Yoruba in opposition that is the REALITY but Eboes like to pretend otherwise saying Yorubas are slaves well CHECK THE FACTS
Even after the civil war the Eboes were widely accommodated the first president of the stock exchange Udoji was Eboe who was very powerful in government like Asika and 9 years after the War an Eboe was Vice President and Speaker House of Representatives with Yoruba holding none of the key positions.Still NOT ONE Yoruba person ever complained but always accommodate these ingrates who think others are foolish making sacrifices so there will be peace instead it is abuse after abuse. Did Yorubas treat Eboes the same way as Ikwerre did in Port Harcourt? This same Ikwerre they are now trying to claim by force even though they disowned the Eboes

The Eboe man has a deep and profound inferiority complex which he compensates for by arrogance. It has been impossible for him to come to terms with the humiliation of the civil war and accept responsibility that it was an irresponsible misadventure.The only way to deal with this internal self loathing for this humiliation is to transfer it in what psychologists call transference.e transfers this to the Yoruba wit the stupid idea that Yoruba betrayed them.The question is was the Eboe ever a friend to the Yoruba or to anyone for that matter.The Eboe is not even his own friend but he is his own worst enemy.

Word with valid point.

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by kettykin: 8:19pm On May 31, 2015
owobokiri:

Few months ago, while quarrelling with Obasanjo
Babangida suggested that he should be asked why he was against the presidency going to a particular section of the country Ojukwu once asked Obasanjo why he feels a need to conquer again after boasting he conquered before Gowon went to Igbariam university and advocated for a future igbo president which was flatly rejected by the likes of Tinubu The statement got little mention in yoruba press. Yet, it was the same Tinubu who initiated a southern governors forum during Obasanjos regime to galvanise support for the Ottah monster! All eastern governors including the south southerners actively participated. Meetings were held at. Enugu and the rest.. Today working against eastern interest has become Tinubus forté as 'backstabing' becomes the newest lexicon in the the dangerously "sophisticated" dictionary of our eternally scheming brethrens from the south west. . Bottomline: it is all about eastern oil. Nothing else. It is a "war booty" the west is willing to go to any length, make any/every enemy and encure ever wrath to protect. ..

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by after1: 8:19pm On May 31, 2015
PedroJP:

lol, did i even mention agreement on my post ? Thought i said if Mr A "feels".... Then, there was no agreement, just like there wasn't an agreement b4 2015 presidential election where Yorubas felt Gej had his cabinets filled with Igbos and hence, must do everything to get rid of him n spite the Igbos. U are welcomed. Thanks for that, it has channeled a new route for us.

Sir, We are learned people and i can decipher your post clearly. You were indirectly talking about some phantom agreement between Ojukwu/Awo during the civil war, which has always been the reason you call us betrayers. I have always ask for the reason why we are betrayers but no answer till today. We have no agreement with Ibos nor any tribe.

However, You are dishonest sir that Yorubas did everything to get rid of GEJ because of Ibos. We should learn to be honest and not lie just to feel good. During Obasanjo time, A yoruba man... There was Soludo, Madam Ngozi, Dora Akinyuli, Madam Obiagelli, and many Ibos in his cabinet and no one complained. GEJ was a total failure and was booted out by Nigerians, he won in EKiti and got more than 30% in all SW states yet you said they got rid of him to spite Ibos. Please, lets always set the record straight....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Beremx(f): 8:24pm On May 31, 2015
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by after1: 8:27pm On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:

Thanks Sir really insightful.

Sis, Please go through this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

Cos someone here now said the SW booted GEJ just to spite Ibos, I dont know how GEJ=Ibos. This is how they spread lies on this forum daily to paint others black, from betrayers to spiting Ibos when the reality on ground shows otherwise. Pls read that thread...

4 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by after1: 8:28pm On May 31, 2015
Beremx:
cool kiss

Missed you sweetheart.

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by after1: 8:29pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
That is a childish characterization laced with typical Eboe dishonesty and egubas felt Gej had his cabinets filled with Igbos and hence, must do everything to get rid of him n spite the Igbos. U are welcomed. Thaocentricity. Getting rid of Jonathan can be seen from the perspective of being marginalized.Why does it have to be "SPITING" Eboes. When ObJ was president he brough in several Eboes into his government .When Eboes got into GEJ's government if the Eboes were sensible and smart and strategic and sincere in their commitment to Biafra they would have tried to ensure Southern Nigeria unity instead they were the ones doing the spiting ,an Eboe Minister Oduah sacked over 6 Yorubas and replaced them with Eboes in ONE day and here on Nairaland Eboes were shouting Merit Merit. The Eboe's problem is inability to think strategically.Who was spiting who.Now the south is not united and the North wins. If genuinely Eboes wanted Biafra that ws their opportunity but they were only interested in buying BMWs and it is only when that disappears they started talking about Biafra again.The wise thing to do was to swallow their pride and bitterness and build a united south but the Eboe felt threatened by Tinubu and decided to monopolize GEJ's government.The Yoruba's had to find another path and now that is spiteful?You folk reason like children!!

Pls go through this thread cos that guy was lying about some spiting of Ibos, but the reality on ground shows otherwise.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by MightySparrow: 8:30pm On May 31, 2015
Nice write - up. I am yoruba and love the Tom and Jerry thing going on between the two tribes. In fact, I am an e - warrior. I give it to the igbos whenever chances present themselves.

It is just fun and I enjoy it. However, I have not being to Igboland before, all my three chilren bear igbo names. People wonder why I give them such name at their naming ceremonies.
I think most yorubas and igbos are like me. The war between the two is just on the surface.
To become Yorigbo or Igboruba? God forbid bad thing. Yaminrin A jokuta mamu omi.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 8:32pm On May 31, 2015
after1:

Pls go through this thread cos that guy was lying about some spiting of Ibos, but the reality on ground shows otherwise.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
If you check you will see that after several years dormancy I AM THE ONE who revived that thread this year. They are liars and hypocrites

chino11:
This is a welcome development, the Yorubas should be effectively and perpetually marginalized and schemed out, because they deserve worst things also. What did they achieve for their rotten Yoruba states during wasted years of the baboon called Obasanjorijo Useless and woe tribe. They should step up the complaint, GEJ will as usual and as always mess them up. They forgot that Tinubo sold them out for a pot of 'ewodu', the same way their foolish leaders sold out abioala to the almajiris to be slaughtered.

PointB:
@Topic,

If Yoruba feel marginalised, they should hold ACN responsible for siding with Tambuwal to deny them of the House Speakership slot. GEJ did all he could, but the myopic ACN leaders decided to sell to the highest bidder - the IBB-Atiku backed Tambuwal.

'I dey laff oooo,' says Obasanjo who did not deem is necessary to fix any road during his 8 year tenure, but wanted a third term!

Me too I dey laff ooo, but in marginalisation grin grin grin grin

Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Beremx(f): 8:34pm On May 31, 2015
after1:

Missed you sweetheart.
missed you too prince charming. kiss

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by PedroJP(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2015
socialmediaman:

Sometimes words are like bullets and when fired even mistakenly, cannot be retrieved. an example could be perhaps when Buhari said "i'll stabilize oil price" or when Jonathan said "i'll create unemployment" and these were continuously used against them throughout the campaigns. I think the Oba should've been rebuked and meant to apologize because such actions stir ugly reactions from the public and they increase suspicion and never promote national unity, but remember also, that the same way you accuse someone, the person also accuses you, meaning there is possibly something he or she also feels you have done wrong. This is very evident in marriage relationships gone sour.

I think we all, all ethnic groups in Nigeria, have a part to play to foster unity and understanding in this country. It will never come without sacrifices, we must let go of some pride as a people and promote fairness, peace and respect for other people and their tribes.

I cannot guarantee unity though, if people dont want it, its only a personal wish which i try to promote as much as i can.

U argue maturely, thanks for that. I want u to tell me ur mind on all about someone assumong the seat of the presidency, all he thinks of is to share political positions amongst the tribes in such a way he won't offend anybody yet some won't feel happy. Doesn't that say much about our unity ? Is it healthy to our system ? Hope dis doesn't derail d thread.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by after1: 8:43pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
If you check you will see that after several years dormancy I AM THE ONE who revived that thread this year. They are liars and hypocrites

Yeah yeah, Its you. Saw it now, I hope PedroJP can see this now.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by jossyking(m): 9:05pm On May 31, 2015
:Dgbam [quote author=Islanders1 post=34290213]

Word with valid point.[/quote
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by superstar1(m): 9:18pm On May 31, 2015
we as Nigerians must remind ourselves that we are heirs to great civilizations: Shehu Othman Dan fodio’s caliphate, the Kanem Borno Empire, the Oyo Empire, the Benin Empire and King Jaja’s formidable domain. The blood of those great ancestors flow in our veins ---- Buhari (May 29, 2015)

What do we have in common with descendants of Cain that are Biafraudians?
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by pazienza(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2015
superstar1:
we as Nigerians must remind ourselves that we are heirs to great civilizations: Shehu Othman Dan fodio’s caliphate, the Kanem Borno Empire, the Oyo Empire, the Benin Empire and King Jaja’s formidable domain. The blood of those great ancestors flow in our veins ---- Buhari (May 29, 2015)

What do we have in common with descendants of Cain that are Biafraudians?

Taa! Jaja was just a business oriented Igboman, he was not an Empire builder, neither was he an expansionist looking for groups to conquer and assimilate.

Don't put him alongside your blood thirsty, murderers, land grabbing and greedy Arewa-Odua ancestors that were busy buidling village empires that were conquered by Caucasians in a blink of an eye.

Ndiigbo are republicans, group murdering, expansionism and pillage is not in our culture. And we are proud of who our ancestors were.

4 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 9:37pm On May 31, 2015
pazienza:

Taa! Jaja was just a business oriented Igboman, he was not an Empire builder, neither was he an expansionist looking for groups to conquer and assimilate.

Don't put him alongside your blood thirsty, murderers, land grabbing and greedy Arewa-Odua ancestors that were busy buidling village empires that were conquered by Caucasians in a blink of an eye.

Ndiigbo are republicans, group murdering, expansionism and pillage is not in our culture. And we are proud of who our ancestors were.
Shut up illiterate nincompoop!! did you comprehend what you read at all?

At any rate he was only being polite so that you don't feel left out as in all honesty there is no civilization to report.Jaja at the end of the day was an Eboe slave. that prospered in a NON_Eboe civilization.Hate runs through you and so you can only destroy like those invisble spirits of putrefaction that surround a decaying corpse

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by pazienza(m): 9:51pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
Shut up illiterate nincompoop!! did you comprehend what you read at all?

At any rate he was only being polite so that you don't feel left out as in all honesty there is no civilization to report.Jaja at the end of the day was an Eboe slave. that prospered in a NON_Eboe civilization.Hate runs through you and so you can only destroy like those invisble spirits of putrefaction that surround a decaying corpse

Silly! You have been deceived by the Caucasians. Running out wide, bringing terror to neighboring groups, taking over their lands and forcing them to assimilate into your culture is not a sign of civilization, Its a sign of savagery, it's nothing to be proud of.

What exactly did Your village empire and the Arewa caliphate add to human knowledge base? Where are the scientific inventions of your barbaric village empires? Your art works were not better than those of Nri and Igboukwu.

You were nothing but mad savages running around the African jungle, killing defenseless African groups and taking their lands, You were terrorists and should be ashamed of yourselves, you were weaklings billing defenseless groups but posed no real resistance when you met a similar savage in the Caucasians, your village empires were ripped apart in seconds! Igbo groups posed greater resistance than your mushroom empires to the Caucasians.

Jaja didn't found Opobo as a slave, he founded Opobo as a free Igboman, who had many Ijaw followers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 10:35pm On May 31, 2015
pazienza:

Silly! You have been deceived by the Caucasians. Running out wide, bringing terror to neighboring groups, taking over their lands and forcing them to assimilate into your culture is not a sign of civilization, Its a sign of savagery, it's nothing to be proud of.

What exactly did Your village empire and the Arewa caliphate add to human knowledge base? Where are the scientific inventions of your barbaric village empires? Your art works were not better than those of Nri and Igboukwu.

You were nothing but mad savages running around the African jungle, killing defenseless African groups and taking their lands, You were terrorists and should be ashamed of yourselves, you were weaklings billing defenseless groups but posed no real resistance when you met a similar savage in the Caucasians, your village empires were ripped apart in seconds! Igbo groups posed greater resistance than your mushroom empires to the Caucasians.

Jaja didn't found Opobo as a slave, he founded Opobo as a free Igboman, who had many Ijaw followers.
You have nothing to say but the usual vapidity for which you are notorious.Empty talk. Jaja was taaken away as child slave aand raised in a more civilized culture. Like I said Buhari was just being polite. Everytime Eboe history come up you are always claiming one slave or another in the diaspora. Tell us the name of ONE Eboe historical figure that did anything in Eboelan. if it is not Jaja you are claiming Olaudah or Muhammad Ali or Beyonce. Just one Eboe man in Eboe History in Eboeland Please
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by pazienza(m): 10:43pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:

You have nothing to say but the usual vapidity for which you are notorious.Empty talk. Jaja was taaken away as child slave aand raised in a more civilized culture. Like I said Buhari was just being polite. Everytime Eboe history come up you are always claiming one slave or another in the diaspora. Tell us the name of ONE Eboe historical figure that did anything in Eboelan. if it is not Jaja you are claiming Olaudah or Muhammad Ali or Beyonce. Just one Eboe man in Eboe History in Eboeland Please

And who are the Odua-Arewa heroes in history?
What scientific inventions did they make ?

Your ancestors were nothing but blood thirsty barbarians looking for who to murder or rule, the very concept of respect of boundaries, democracy and peaceful co existence were alien to them.

Certainly, we have nothing in common with you blood thirsty mammals, your desire for forceful co existence and blood shedding to achieve such are the only legacies your savage ancestors left for you in form of genetic information that now run in your genes. Ndiigbo have nothing in common with you lots! And certainly have no reason sharing same country with you lots.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 10:53pm On May 31, 2015
pazienza:

And who are the Odua-Arewa heroes in history?
What scientific inventions did they make ?

Your ancestors were nothing but blood thirsty barbarians looking for who to murder or rule, the very concept of respect of boundaries, democracy and peaceful co existence were alien to them.

Certainly, we have nothing in common with you blood thirsty mammals, your desire for forceful co existence and blood shedding to achieve such are the only legacies your savage ancestors left for you in form of genetic information that now run in your genes. Ndiigbo have nothing in common with you lots! And certainly have no reason sharing same country with you lots.

http://archive.org/stream/amongibosofniger00basd/amongibosofniger00basd_djvu.txt210 WAR AND WEAPONS

the danger to property from marauding bands, the people
usually stored their yams in some hidden retreat in the
forest, in the hope that they might remain undiscovered
by the robbers. With the Abams on the eastern side the
heads of victims were in great demand as trophies, and
the man-slayer was saluted publicly as " obu madu " (he
kills men). Living captives were disposed of as slaves,
offered as human sacrifices and also killed for food,
cannibalism being general in the eastern districts.
Your folk were documented for cannibalism something you now open restaurants for in Anambula
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by pazienza(m): 10:59pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
http://archive.org/stream/amongibosofniger00basd/amongibosofniger00basd_djvu.txt210 WAR AND WEAPONS

Your folk were documented for cannibalism something you now open restaurants for in Anambula

Nice try. But Igbos weren't the ones fighting wrestling matches called kiriji battles.

And they werent the ones that used human heads to bury dead kings,

Meanwhile, you are yet to show me the scientific inventions of your mushroom village empires. *grins*

Maybe Amala and tuwo processing methods were the scientific inventions of the Odua-Arewa mushroom village empires. *grins*

3 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by pazienza(m): 11:08pm On May 31, 2015
On your Igbo cannibalism ish, maybe this thread might be of help to you. https://www.nairaland.com/1866842/igbos-really-only-historical-cannibals

The Caucasians generally don't have anything good to say about the black man.

2 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 11:09pm On May 31, 2015
pazienza:

Nice try. But Igbos weren't the ones fighting wrestling matches called kiriji battles.

And they werent the ones that used human heads to bury dead kings,

Meanwhile, you are yet to show me the scientific inventions of your mushroom village empires. *grins*

Maybe Amala and tuwo processing methods were the scientific inventions of the Odua-Arewa mushroom village empires. *grins*
No Eboes were the ones grunting and groaning,shouting and shrieking nakedd and eating their folk as they still do to this day . That is wha the discussion is . You were just one notch above feral beasts
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by pazienza(m): 11:16pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
No Eboes were the ones grunting and groaning,shouting and shrieking nakedd and eating their folk as they still do to this day . That is wha the discussion is . You were just one notch above feral beasts

Lol! Where are the scientific inventions of your mediocre mushroom, village barbaric empires? could it be the below
"Most Ogboni rituals involved the
sacrificing of animals, but according
to Morton-Williams, some rituals
used to include forced suicide,
poisoning, human sacrifice and
cannibalism"

*grins*

2 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 11:22pm On May 31, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! Where are the scientific inventions of your mediocre mushroom, village barbaric empires? could it be the below
[/b]" Most Ogboni rituals involved the
sacrificing of animals, but according
to Morton-Williams, some rituals
used to include forced suicide,
poisoning, human sacrifice and
cannibalism"[/b]

*grins*
You folk are indeed piteous .No history whatsoever.Wild beasts
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:

The man pazienza have raised a salient point which I was expecting you to attend to, having gone through everything you put out on this thread and found you have a lot energy to expend in registering your dislike for whatever you feel against Igbos, but I was surprised to find you capitulating on that question.

Anyway, I enjoy the whole hatred on both sides and I wish it was this way in the 60s.
And I also pray that God would offer us a better opportunity for self determination. Because pretending to be one will never make us one. But rather we would respect each other better as neighbors from different countries.

2 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by disumusa: 11:36pm On May 31, 2015
PedroJP:
Yorubas are betrayals. Someone said after the 2015 election that this is the second time Yorubas teamed up against Biafra and it's not short of the truth. Both tribes uphold the sacredness of life reason they don't kill just like that. To have Biafra will be the greatest thing for us and the highest punishment against yoruba. We are no friends to Yoruba, the only reason we attach with each other is that none spills blood. Hausas are far too friendly n sincere than Yorubas but their madness can start at anytime.
coward ibo went to plot with gej to hand over to them in 2019 in which gej agree, that is why they are not happy with tinubu and yoruba
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 11:40pm On May 31, 2015
Yorubbish:

The man pazienza have raised a salient point which I was expecting you to attend to, having gone through everything you put out on this thread and found you have a lot energy to expend in registering your dislike for whatever you feel against Igbos, but I was surprised to find you capitulating on that question.

Anyway, I enjoy the whole hatred on both sides and I wish it was this way in the 60s.
And I also pray that God would offer us a better opportunity for self determination. Because pretending to be one will never make us one. But rather we would respect each other better as neighbors from different countries.
Perhaps you can answer the salient question I asked him or that escaped your attention too.Tell us the name of ONE Eboe character in Eboe History in Eboeland please
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by disumusa: 11:55pm On May 31, 2015
owobokiri:
I don't think that the igbos are culturally prepared for the kind of dirty petty crude wars of attrition waged against the igbo by the yoruba since, awolowos AGs cross-carpeting to forestall Azikiwes emergence as the premier of the western region. Igbos see the yoruba as a very hatefilled group desperately willing to employ every diabolic measure to cow the igbo. And this rationalisation of events is not baseless.. In the last 5000 years, you are not going to find ANY igbo royal, who has made any sort of highly provocative and offensive statements against the yoruba as the oba of Lagos did. . Since the inception of history, in the face of both political and military conflicts, you will NEVER point to any recognisable igbo leader who will rationalise the use of starvation as a tool to subjugate the yoruba. How many igbo federal officers insulted the yoruba during jonathans regime as Adesanyas daughter did when she told igbos angling for jobs to go and face their "okirika retail trade"?

A vindictive obasanjo went to Amichi and told all igbos present that the normal practice is for those who lost the war to wait for 50 years before equal participation in government. The same Obasanjo went to Owerri where he was asked to make the imo airport an international airport and he flipped out, accussing igbos of not wanting to use other peoples airport and threatening to "send customs and immigration officials to imo airport since those are the symbols of an international airport". Do you remember when the Benue community visited him at Aso rock, and he went off the line with some horredeous civil war tales of massacers in igbo land? Remi Ojo had a hectic time trying to stop most of obasanjos outbursts in the east from being published by the media houses. Adeyinka Adebayor suggested that igbos coming to the west affter the war should apply for visas!. Abiola proclaimed that he didn't need igbos to be president. The South west cacaus repeatedly worked against igbo interest at the two recent constitutional conferences., yoruba media has turned the villification of igbo leaders into a national sport. The list is endless! They will point at Arthur eze and Arthur Nzeribe. Two creations of the Nigerian state post 1970 . It is sickening!
i realy investigate the geneses of hate between hausa and ibo, the old man said b/4 indipendent ibo use to go any part of nigeria to steal and cary arm to rob and their women migrate to sw,north to prostitude asawo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today / Morocco-based Themis To Develop 550MW Natural Gas-fired Powerplant In Ondo State / Festus Osifo Emerges PENGASSAN President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.