Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba (11325 Views)

Obiano Empowers Anambra Students With 25 Litre Water Jerry Can (Photo) / History Of Tribal Wars Between Igbo And Yoruba In Nigeria Since 1946 (part One) / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
Perhaps you can answer the salient question I asked him or that escaped your attention too.Tell us the name of ONE Eboe character in Eboe History in Eboeland please

I have no interest in arguing with you on who hates each other most. Because at moment I have much more important things to attend! But then I would remember your username, and perhaps on a sunny day we might argue, so long it does not degenerate into childish vitriols.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by PedroJP(m): 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
after1:

Sir, We are learned people and i can decipher your post clearly. You were indirectly talking about some phantom agreement between Ojukwu/Awo during the civil war, which has always been the reason you call us betrayers. I have always ask for the reason why we are betrayers but no answer till today. We have no agreement with Ibos nor any tribe.

However, You are dishonest sir that Yorubas did everything to get rid of GEJ because of Ibos. We should learn to be honest and not lie just to feel good. During Obasanjo time, A yoruba man... There was Soludo, Madam Ngozi, Dora Akinyuli, Madam Obiagelli, and many Ibos in his cabinet and no one complained. GEJ was a total failure and was booted out by Nigerians, he won in EKiti and got more than 30% in all SW states yet you said they got rid of him to spite Ibos. Please, lets always set the record straight....

Now look at what someone said

disumusa:
coward ibo went to plot with gej to hand over to them in 2019 in which gej agree, that is why they are not happy with tinubu and yoruba

U may not feel that way but i tell u, most of ur political powers fell that way including majority of ur pple, take a look at their comments here in Nairaland.

These political posts do no good to us as we are yet to feel their direct impact,just enriching the occupants alone, yet some will always nose around to see who is in what position.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
gatiano:
Yoruba did not kill Igbos, Hausa didn't, Igbos didn't kill any of the two either. Ojukwu wanted to take the country to war with the oppressor. He was right to think so, but according to the other two tribes, it wasn't time and they were right too.
Ojukwu went to war wanting to use a snake (rattles) against another snake (cobra), not knowing that snake will always be snake's friend. He went to use soviet union against uk and united states. And every opportunities these snakes have, they would use it to destroy darker people, as we all can clearly see in the case of syria and few other parts of the middle-east.

Ojukwu, Awolowo, Bello are initiates raised, nurtured and taught by Our Elders(They are brothers of same blood). What They were told was to teach us too. They tried to do so, and they did.
Today, They are Our Ancestors, who have ascended to Glory.
Black people, My Brothers and Sisters, always see the good, appreciate it, Then the imperfect of it, let us perfect it.
i am tried of our black brother's foolishness. We are extradicting our court cases to U.S and U.k for them to judge the matter? It sounds annoying to me.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by gatiano(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
xaxaxaxa lol. They want the people that had organized and committed all the genocide that had happened to the Black people to judge their case. xaxaxax. The African man is high on GMO foods and pork laced beer.
It is that chronic disease of WANT, wanting things that has no concrete meaning. And Hoping one day to be the next zukerberg or Dangote.

Akpobaro:
i am tried of our black brother's foolishness. We are extradicting our court cases to U.S and U.k for them to judge the matter? It sounds annoying to me.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
soe:
I am yoruba...but one thing i love about the igbos....whenever they learn english....they learn it completely and throw away the igbo accent.

Most igbos speak without their accent...in fact.. Many of them in Lagos forget their language totally. So it is very easy for them to claim Lagos and you will believe it.

But i trust my yoruba pipu..ehnnn...ki nu? We kan neva forget awa assenti o...layelaye ni ko possible keh.

No mata the focabulari we learn in d unifasiti...the typical ibadan man will still sow you the situason of his moda tongue o

gET YOUR SELF ESTEEM UP. You say this nonsense about your people and its funny?

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
chrisbaba1:

gET YOUR SELF ESTEEM UP. You say this nonsense about your people and its funny?
you really think i have your time? Inconsequential imp
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Dollyak(f): 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
This thread is so apt with igbos and yorubas
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 5:02am On Jun 20, 2015
They are like Christians and Muslim.. Take yoruba as Christians while Igbos are d muslims. YORUBA TOLERATE THEM AND GOT NO BEEF, BT THIS GUYS ALWAYS FEEL THEY ARE RIGHT, SUPERIOR AND GOT SOMETHING. At d end they run back to yorubas wu made them wot they are today both in business and lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Rilwayne001: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2015
opiaoku:
you mean igbos and yarabas grin
abi yolobars grin
This isn't funny undecided
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
lalasticlala Seun Afam4eva This piece deserves FrontPage pls
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nawa4nl: 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
NO MIND THE YEYE IGBO & YORUBA PEOPLE.

NA DEM GET THE MAN-POWER & BRAINS, YET NA DEM BE BOY-BOY TO THE NORTH!
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Money40: 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
I will be happy Thanksgiving things the day I will answer different name of a country with out yoruba snakes it,
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by meccuno: 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
owobokiri:
I don't think that the igbos are culturally prepared for the kind of dirty petty crude wars of attrition waged against the igbo by the yoruba since, awolowos AGs cross-carpeting to forestall Azikiwes emergence as the premier of the western region. Igbos see the yoruba as a very hatefilled group desperately willing to employ every diabolic measure to cow the igbo. And this rationalisation of events is not baseless.. In the last 5000 years, you are not going to find ANY igbo royal, who has made any sort of highly provocative and offensive statements against the yoruba as the oba of Lagos did. . Since the inception of history, in the face of both political and military conflicts, you will NEVER point to any recognisable igbo leader who will rationalise the use of starvation as a tool to subjugate the yoruba. How many igbo federal officers insulted the yoruba during jonathans regime as Adesanyas daughter did when she told igbos angling for jobs to go and face their "okirika retail trade"?

A vindictive obasanjo went to Amichi and told all igbos present that the normal practice is for those who lost the war to wait for 50 years before equal participation in government. The same Obasanjo went to Owerri where he was asked to make the imo airport an international airport and he flipped out, accussing igbos of not wanting to use other peoples airport and threatening to "send customs and immigration officials to imo airport since those are the symbols of an international airport". Do you remember when the Benue community visited him at Aso rock, and he went off the line with some horredeous civil war tales of massacers in igbo land? Remi Ojo had a hectic time trying to stop most of obasanjos outbursts in the east from being published by the media houses. Adeyinka Adebayor suggested that igbos coming to the west affter the war should apply for visas!. Abiola proclaimed that he didn't need igbos to be president. The South west cacaus repeatedly worked against igbo interest at the two recent constitutional conferences., yoruba media has turned the villification of igbo leaders into a national sport. The list is endless! They will point at Arthur eze and Arthur Nzeribe. Two creations of the Nigerian state post 1970 . It is sickening!
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Awoofawo(m): 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
Money40:
I will be happy Thanksgiving things the day I will answer different name of a country with out yoruba snakes it,
dindinrin! What stopping you from moving back to east?! You dey wait us to beg you folks to do so? cool whether Nigeria break up or not we Yoruba have nothing to loss sleep over!

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Awoofawo(m): 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dollyak:
It is difficult to say if Igbo and Yoruba are friends or enemies or merely tolerating each other. On the surface, they seem to be friends, because you rarely hear of any clashes or killings between the two in over 100 years. People from the two ethnic groups work together, live together, laugh together, worship together, and play together. Everything seems all right. Nobody wants to be seen as publicly making any comment seen as tribalistic or intolerant.

But if you look deeper, there seems to be something you cannot truly place a finger on. It’s like a volcano waiting for the least provocation to erupt. It only needs an excerpt from Chinua Achebe’s There Was a Country to be made public, or for Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos to “deport” some Igbo to Onitsha for hell to be let loose. Commentators immediately line up behind their ethnic groups, releasing venom against the other side. Luckily, such altercations usually end in words and not in violent acts.

But on Nigerian online sites like the punchng.com and others, where commentators can use anonymous names, such fights are a daily affair, and they always get embarrassingly nasty. At such times, combatants throw caution to the wind and rake up gut-wrenching jibes dripping of hate and bordering on insanity. You wonder if the purveyors of such vitriol would feel at ease afterwards interacting with someone from the ethnic group they have maligned so viciously. Some see it as fun, but many don’t. They see it as a war that must be won at all costs.

Regrettably, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, whose direct and indirect action and inaction sowed the seed of hate and distrust between the Igbo and the Yoruba, have died without uprooting that dangerous plant or even denying it water and nutrients. Therefore, till this day, the Igbo and Yoruba still enjoy shooting at each other with accusations of betrayal, expansionism, hate, ingratitude, greed, as well as trying to prove that each ethnic group is superior to the other.

And it seems the contest for superiority is at the root of that frosty relationship. The Igbo and Yoruba are unarguably the most competitive in Nigeria. They are the ethnic groups that easily and forcefully ask for the removal of quota system in all national life. They believe that if things are done on merit, they will excel. The Igbo think that the Yoruba are the major competitors they have in Nigeria, while the Yoruba think that the Igbo are the key competitors they have in Nigeria.
You this fine hurl should stop creating thread like this that feed the bad blood more! Enjoy stando for yankee dey enjoy and let us enjoy peace here too thank!
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by nwadiuko1(m): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
wetin consign me? I love me some clean yoruba punny (not the dirty or diabolical ones) any day
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Scholes007(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
disumusa:
i realy investigate the geneses of hate between hausa and ibo, the old man said b/4 indipendent ibo use to go any part of nigeria to steal and cary arm to rob and their women migrate to sw,north to prostitude asawo.
i would have not made a comment on this topic but this kind of lies(forktale) told by some elders is one of the major problem with the nation. Culturally in those days before indepentence, the igbos were mostly not engage in anything robbery or similar vices. The "rikichi" (viewed as robbers then) were highly prohibited by every clan and they never used guns in their operations as the could not afford it (mostly because they were outlaws). Any hint of their presence calls for emergency call for every village near the area. So i wonder how a society that has a very strong cultural condemnation against anything stealing turns to be a fertile ground for breeding robbers.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Money40: 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
Awoofawo:
dindinrin! What stopping you from moving back to east?! You dey wait us to beg you folks to do so? cool whether Nigeria break up or not we Yoruba have nothing to loss sleep over!
lol make I laff then why do Yorubas act and dish out propaganda everyday to frustrate Biafra emergence? Biafra is Yorubas your worst nightmare tongue we know that even after banning pro Biafran threads you people go ahead still posting Biafra issues here that suits you people
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Achuwa1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lagos is NO MAN's LAND,,,,coz visitors have dominated the thru indigenes of Lagos thts y core lagosians cannot even win governorship position,,
yorubas & visitors in Lagos are 50:50,,,,
so nobody should come here & be telling us trash abt lagos coz the developement u see in Lagos today is as a result of the visitors especially the igbos,,,.
obas threat was as a result of fear of the dominating tendecies of the igbos in Lagos..he dare not even try it or else there will be unrest in Lagos,
afterall,minor visitor group like egbesu were able to hold opc down to a standstill in Lagos,,,& wat happened after then,,NOTHING!!
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by WIZGUY69(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
Achuwa1:
[s]Lagos is NO MAN's LAND,,,,coz visitors have dominated the thru indigenes of Lagos thts y core lagosians cannot even win governorship position,,
yorubas & visitors in Lagos are 50:50,,,,
so nobody should come here & be telling us trash abt lagos coz the developement u see in Lagos today is as a result of the visitors especially the igbos,,,.
obas threat was as a result of fear of the dominating tendecies of the igbos in Lagos..he dare not even try it or else there will be unrest in Lagos,
afterall,minor visitor group like egbesu were able to hold opc down to a standstill in Lagos,,,& wat happened after then,,NOTHING![/s]!

Taaaa! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maikanti Baru Wins Forbes Oil & Gas Man Of The Year Award / ''Mind your business'' Garba Shehu blasts PDP for complaining about Buhari / Ganduje Briefs Osinbajo On Kidnapping And Banditry In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.