Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba (11319 Views)

Obiano Empowers Anambra Students With 25 Litre Water Jerry Can (Photo) / History Of Tribal Wars Between Igbo And Yoruba In Nigeria Since 1946 (part One) / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Dollyak(f): 5:43pm On May 31, 2015
PedroJP:
Nigeria can't work again, the best thing for us to do is to go our separate ways. Unity and trust can never be in South again which simply means, Hausas are the winners here as their divide and rule system must have worked, unless by a hidden force, will a Southerner emerge again. Now, instead of Hausas to rule us forever, it is better we go our ways in order not to be dragged back to 1800s with Hausas rule.

We harbour so much hatred for each other in this country yet some just feel to deny the truth is being matured and learned. There is no need to say there is nothing wrong, when actually everything is wrong. That's self deceit. U acknowledge the truth doesn't make u less who u are. We are so different in this country that if we were xplosives, we would have gone boom a long time, yet some self acclaimed non bigots keep deceiving themselves shouting "one Nigeria" " let's build Nigeria together" etc, when they know actually that Nigeria is not working. I wonder when they feel Nigeria will become what they dream when our past, present are same and equally moving in same direction. Let us all support the move for separation as it will benefit us all. There is nothing one about Nigeria

Let's stop deceiving ourselves and all rise against this nonsense giant of Africa.

I am for Biafra.
I have spoken with many young generations from both sides(age <25) and they don't seem to share your views about the hate part.
The more years go by, the less effect the war will have on the future generations, thus reducing the chance of biafra
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 5:47pm On May 31, 2015
Yorubas were not culturally prepared for Zik when he conspired with the FG to jail Awo and throw the Western Region into chaos

They were not culturally prepared for the barbaric murders of their leaders by Eboe Army officers in the name of a coup as well as te cold blooded slaughter of countless others in the North
Nor were were they culturally prepared for the shock that not one Eboe was killed while Whonamethee Isickaway was consulting his doctors for several months very conveniently
Noting in te Yoruba history of culture would have prepared them for the protection of the Eboe Coup plotters by Mr Ironsi and the making of records "" Ew be na akwa" by Eboes to taunt Hausa on the death of their leader

Such Triumphalism was completely alien to Yorubas.

No the Yorubas do not understand the Eboes because they are savages with no humanity in them

3 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by cheruv: 5:56pm On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:

Based on your response, I think you need to reevaluate yourself because you sound like the one filled with hate. Pot calling kettle black. No disrespect intended tho.
babe what's up na
am awaiting your reply to my email kiss
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by owobokiri(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2015
Few months ago, while quarrelling with Obasanjo, Babangida suggested that he should be asked why he was against the presidency going to a particular section of the country. Ojukwu once asked Obasanjo why he feels a need to conquer again after boasting he conquered before. Gowon went to Igbariam university and advocated for a future igbo president which was flatly rejected by the likes of Tinubu. The statement got little mention in yoruba press. Yet, it was the same Tinubu who initiated a southern governors forum during Obasanjos regime to galvanise support for the Ottah monster! All eastern governors including the south southerners actively participated. Meetings were held at. Enugu and the rest.. Today working against eastern interest has become Tinubus forté as 'backstabing' becomes the newest lexicon in the the dangerously "sophisticated" dictionary of our eternally scheming brethrens from the south west. . Bottomline: it is all about eastern oil. Nothing else. It is a "war booty" the west is willing to go to any length, make any/every enemy and encure ever wrath to protect. ..

Dollyak:
@ owobokiri I agree with the Oba of Lagos part. He dropped the ball, he should've been evicted. The rest is really subjective, depending on who you speak to.

11 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Dollyak(f): 6:01pm On May 31, 2015
owobokiri:

Few months ago, while quarrelling with Obasanjo, Babangida suggested that he should be asked why he was against the presidency going to a particular section of the country. Ojukwu once asked Obasanjo why he feels a need to conquer again after boasting he conquered before. Gowon went to Igbariam university and advocated for a future igbo president which was flatly rejected by the likes of Tinubu. The statement got little mention in yoruba press. Yet, it was the same Tinubu who initiated a southern governors forum during Obasanjos regime to galvanise support for the Ottah monster! All eastern governors including the south southerners actively participated. Meetings were held at. Enugu and the rest.. Today working against eastern interest has become Tinubus forté as 'backstabing' becomes the newest lexicon in the the dangerously "sophisticated" dictionary of our eternally scheming brethrens from the south west. . Bottomline: it is all about eastern oil. Nothing else. It is a "war booty" the west is willing to go to any length, make any/every enemy and incure ever wrath to protect. ..

unfortunate if true
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by socialmediaman: 6:06pm On May 31, 2015
PedroJP:
We harbour so much hatred for each other in this country yet some just feel to deny the truth is being matured and learned. There is no need to say there is nothing wrong, when actually everything is wrong. That's self deceit. U acknowledge the truth doesn't make u less who u are. We are so different in this country that if we were xplosives, we would have gone boom a long time, yet some self acclaimed non bigots keep deceiving themselves shouting "one Nigeria" " let's build Nigeria together" etc, when they know actually that Nigeria is not working. I wonder when they feel Nigeria will become what they dream when our past, present are same and equally moving in same direction. Let us all support the move for separation as it will benefit us all. There is nothing one about Nigeria

Let's stop deceiving ourselves and all rise against this nonsense giant of Africa.

I disagree completely. This world is created with different kinds of humans. While some people feel "humans are born evil and need to be tamed", some others feel "humans are born innocent but turn evil if radicalized". Some people feel the hatred that breeds between ethnic groups in Nigeria should not be passed generation to generation because if you look closer, you may observe that these large breeding of hate has its roots between disagreements of our ancestors which they failed to resolve. This sort of belief is shared among ALL ethnic groups in Nigeria, that's why you cannot see a completely tribal ethnic group without non-tribal people, you cannot kill the independent mindset of these group of people who want to continue to keep the practice of inter-tribe association going. Just like you have patriots who will die to save their country even when it has not been very fair to them, you also have people who will sell their country for personal gain.

As a more personal example, right in your extended family, you may have cousins who do not associate with you, maybe they see you as evil, based on what their parents may have told them about your family which may not be true because you personally have nothing against them, but look closer, the problem might have roots in problems your parents failed to resolve among themselves, and they now try to set their families against each other for no just reason, maybe just based on their failures to resolve issues in the past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by after1: 6:07pm On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:

unfortunate if true

So you believe the story from that hate filled man. They will always come here to post trash just to paint others bad, see him narrating stories like he was there as everything was going on. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Dollyak(f): 6:10pm On May 31, 2015
after1:

So you believe the story from that hate filled man. They will always come here to post trash just to paint others bad, see him narrating stories like he was there as everything was going on. Smh
of course not. Regardless of his reputation, there is always two sides to a story, and this past few weeks of lies has taught me a lesson.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 31, 2015
CSTR2:
Nigeria is the only place in the world where unity is by force.

My brother I tireeeeeeeeeee!

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 6:13pm On May 31, 2015
You people talk too much.Why don't you make your moves and shut up like last year
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by after1: 6:15pm On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:

of course not. Regardless of his reputation, there is always two sides to a story, and this past few weeks of lies has taught me a lesson.

Good. Its on this forum that some bigot post one news that Buhari said he will kill Igbos again and again when the news is even false. They post fake news just to attract sympathy, they are the best while others are bad. Its only on nairaland Igbo will attack you and his brothers will click like and hail him, but when you retaliate they will open a new thread that you hate them and insulting them. Hypocrites everywhere...

Please go to this site radiobiafra.co and listen to one mad lunatic that do curse other tribe daily, telling his brothers to keep arms and wait for his command to kill and attack Yoruba/Hausa. Just listen to it yourself to confirm.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 6:15pm On May 31, 2015
Mekus68:
The IGBOS are the JESUS of this country. At the mention of BIAFRA the North and South tremble. After 2015 BIAFRA will be decleard and we will leave this zoo for good. Then the yorubas will be at the mercy of the BOKO HARAM North cuz they will use u people for suya and declear islamic caliphate to claim your land. NDI OFE MMANU
Yes they tremble too much watch a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGSRa6KE_rg
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 6:17pm On May 31, 2015
Ojuiku did not have the decency to meet with his old friends to say hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGSRa6KE_rg
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by PedroJP(m): 6:50pm On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:

I have spoken with many young generations from both sides(age <25) and they don't seem to share your views about the hate part.
The more years go by, the less effect the war will have on the future generations, thus reducing the chance of biafra

The person who said d effect of the war dwindles as the yrs go by told u lies or said dat out of ignorance. How do u feel reading about MKO and his ordeals with Northern powers, now put urself in a Biafran position knowing millions of souls were lost and those responsible are even poking their fingers in ur eyes and u think u would just move on with life. Jihad today keeps getting brutal simply cos of an act and belief from d past. Yrs didn't diminish its spirit. I tell u, as far as Biafrans are told their past, it boils in them especially knowing whom and whom did wat they did. There is no other way yrs can less the effect of the war except total demise of the account in essence, taking it that it never happened.

so, Biafra will surely come to help us appease the war victims. Accepting unity and one with yoruba and hausas in one nation is an offence against them.

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Abiriba1stson: 6:52pm On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:

I agree. But it could be better. Imagine a really united Yoruba and Igbos? Nigeria would've improved a lot in every way.

Asking Igbo and Yoruba to unite or love each other is like telling the Jews and Muslims to love each other which we all know will never work. YES, It can never work, not in this generation or next tenth generations.

Since the Yorubas sees nothing wrong in killing over 3 millions Igbo just because Ojukwu declared Biafra because of over 30,000 of Igbos that were killed in the North who have nothing to do with “Igbo coup” there is nothing that will make us to see them as lesser evil than the Hausa/Fulanis.

I do not hate Yoruba because of what Awo did, nor do I hate them because of what Zik, Ojukwu and Achebe said, rather my hatred for the Yoruba started when I heard them boasting on how their hero brother (black scorpion) “killed the Ibos” during the war and how they will “kill the Ibo again”. Mind you this is not an online thing, countless of Yorubas have said this in my face.

And if you are sincere to yourself, you will see how your fellow Yorubas uses the images of the starved Igbo kids during the war to mock us, and you will also see how they tells us that more than 3 millions of our people will die again if will declare Biafra again.

10 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 6:56pm On May 31, 2015
Abiriba1stson:

Asking Igbo and Yoruba to unite or love each other is like telling the Jews and Muslims to love each other which we all know will never work. YES, It can never work, not in this generation or next tenth generations.

Since the Yorubas sees nothing wrong in killing over 3 millions Igbo just because Ojukwu declared Biafra because of over 30,000 of Igbos that were killed in the North who have nothing to do with “Igbo coup” there is nothing that will make us to see them as lesser evil than the Hausa/Fulanis.

I do not hate Yoruba because of what Awo did, nor do I hate them because of what Zik, Ojukwu and Achebe said, rather my hatred for the Yoruba started when I heard them boasting on how their hero brother (black scorpion) “killed the Ibos” during the war and how they will “kill the Ibo again”. Mind you this is not an online thing, countless of Yorubas have said this in my face.

And if you are sincere to yourself, you will see how your fellow Yorubas uses the images of the starved Igbo kids during the war to mock us, and you will also see how they tells us that more than 3 millions of our people will die again if will declare Biafra again.
Chickens do not love Christmas or their owners . Your hate is like the story of the fish swimming in water if anyone told the fish that it is that same water they will use to cook it it would argue.You will die like a chicken and be cooked with your hate.Who cares about you and your impotent hatred. You are the noise makers.When the time comes make your move we will know who is the best schemer
You come up with all that Emotional gibberish about being mocked.

Is anyone better than Eboes at mocking or maybe you think it is a joke or funny.Was it funny when you were playing records in the North after the January 1966 coup; Machine Gun ,Ewu be na Akwa ,The truth is you folk ave no manners and so when you act you do not consider peoples feelings but then you are dealing with people who always pay back with INTEREST and then you say it is too much. You must learn to respect neighbours until then you will continue to annoy people and suffer the consequences just like in South Africa

Go to this thread for an example of Eboes in action]
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan/6

3 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by PedroJP(m): 7:02pm On May 31, 2015
socialmediaman:

I disagree completely. This world is created with different kinds of humans. While some people feel "humans are born evil and need to be tamed", some others feel "humans are born innocent but turn evil if radicalized". Some people feel the hatred that breeds between ethnic groups in Nigeria should not be passed generation to generation because if you look closer, you may observe that these large breeding of hate has its roots between disagreements of our ancestors which they failed to resolve. This sort of belief is shared among ALL ethnic groups in Nigeria, that's why you cannot see a completely tribal ethnic group without non-tribal people, you cannot kill the independent mindset of these group of people who want to continue to keep the practice of inter-tribe association going. Just like you have patriots who will die to save their country even when it has not been very fair to them, you also have people who will sell their country for personal gain.

As a more personal example, right in your extended family, you may have cousins who do not associate with you, maybe they see you as evil, based on what their parents may have told them about your family which may not be true because you personally have nothing against them, but look closer, the problem might have roots in problems your parents failed to resolve among themselves, and they now try to set their families against each other for no just reason, maybe just based on their failures to resolve issues in the past.

Nice one, u wrote well. How would u attribute such hatred or misunderstanding to the past alone when u have some in our present wishing a certain region death in the lagoon. It's simply not a thing of the past rather our incompactibility.

Ur more personal example doesn't fit in our context of discussion as this is more complex involves a whole lot of things. Even in ur example, to mend broken ties or mistakes of the past, parties will assume roles that will bring harmony and fully show commitment to build trust. Not such scenario in Nigeria where an Igbo man is not trusted and feared cos of told lies and nonsense beliefs.

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by gatiano(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2015
Awon olodo gbogbo, They all together want to go seperate ways into further darknesses of darknesses. There is no road there, Even Nigeria and other countries of so called Africa (which we can call Black people) will have to come together to form a nation. So says The Lord, You all have no other choice. The only choice however is simple, walk into a lion's cage, where thera are lions, or into the crowd of blackmambas or poison, or hold life-wire, or simply hold your nreath for just 5 mins.
Abeg, translate this into various so called african languages and spread the msg around. God bless you as you do so.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Dollyak(f): 7:15pm On May 31, 2015
Abiriba1stson:

I have seen the bolded on this forum to be fair. It appears there are two sides to this story, but I will agree that celebrating the death of millions of people is a bit low regardless of the context. Part of me died when I saw some of those comments I must confess, the effect of which is a readjusted feelings on my previous perception about IGBO and YORUBA.
The aggression from IGBO might have also contribute to this growing resentment don't you think? No excuse for those mocking but still the aggression on NL from certain groups of IGBO can be overwhelming. Some very small sects of Yorubas also need to calm down, be sensitive and learn from the past.
Either way, I hope everyone can chill.

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by PedroJP(m): 7:16pm On May 31, 2015
after1:
I have nothing in common with people of the Sad east. They hate me and I do as well, make God grant them there biafra so they can leave our land in peace.

Nobody hates u. If A feels B got his back against C and D, i an event, B sells him out cheaply to C and D. How do u think A would feel ? A in His good heart plans no revenge but just to be on his own and trust nobody again, yet u see it as hatred. U are a brother, i do not hate u, but dat doesn't mean i shudn't get annoyed with u stepping on my toes.

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 7:17pm On May 31, 2015
The problem with you folk is you are very dishonest by nature.Did Yoruba wish Eboe death in the Lagoon? The Oba of Lagos made some remarks.He was widely criticized even by the candidates he was supposed to be supporting. Even Yorubas criticized him.But then Eboes saw that as an opportunity to humiliate the Yorubas and made that a national anthem until many Yorubas turned against them. Another example of wanting to force their will on a people .

The truth of the matter is this Eboes have always borne a grudge against the Yoruba for the civil war that is the bottom line. Te Yoruba as a group believe they had nothing to do with the civil war and it was the fall out of military politics.
But before te civil war the Yorubas had genuine grievances against Eboes' tendency t seek to use their alliance with the NPC in the centre to marginalize Yorubas.This is well documented. that is the background but the Yorubas never discriminated against the Eboes after the civil war especially in Lagos as they could have and as Eboes would do if the shoe was on the other foot

The Eboes have always been the ones in government with the North and the Yoruba in opposition that is the REALITY but Eboes like to pretend otherwise saying Yorubas are slaves well CHECK THE FACTS
Even after the civil war the Eboes were widely accommodated the first president of the stock exchange Udoji was Eboe who was very powerful in government like Asika and 9 years after the War an Eboe was Vice President and Speaker House of Representatives with Yoruba holding none of the key positions.Still NOT ONE Yoruba person ever complained but always accommodate these ingrates who think others are foolish making sacrifices so there will be peace instead it is abuse after abuse. Did Yorubas treat Eboes the same way as Ikwerre did in Port Harcourt? This same Ikwerre they are now trying to claim by force even though they disowned the Eboes

The Eboe man has a deep and profound inferiority complex which he compensates for by arrogance. It has been impossible for him to come to terms with the humiliation of the civil war and accept responsibility that it was an irresponsible misadventure.The only way to deal with this internal self loathing for this humiliation is to transfer it in what psychologists call transference.e transfers this to the Yoruba wit the stupid idea that Yoruba betrayed them.The question is was the Eboe ever a friend to the Yoruba or to anyone for that matter.The Eboe is not even his own friend but he is his own worst enemy.

6 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Dollyak(f): 7:27pm On May 31, 2015
Can we all respect the dead people of Biafra please? Not everyone chose to fight the war at least respect those innocent people. It is insensitive.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 7:35pm On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:
One thing is for sure, there is a consistent stories about the past from more Yorubas than from Igbos.
What does this mean? Have you got any numbers,fact or figures to back up this claim? Or it just seems that way to you.

It is best not to disrespect the dead but there is a fundamental part of Eboe male socialization that involves taunting and jeering and so when Eboes start that others just repay them with interest. Things have now reached a point where nothing is sacred which is sad.
The Eboe will not give the full measure and the Yoruba will not be shortchanged( ko ni won kun emi na o si ni gba l'abo). Peace will break out the moment the Eboe finds a way to accept some responsibility for the civil war and stop blaming Yoruba fo breaking imaginary promises
Yoruba fully support Biafra just do it politically without violence and don't bring us into it

2 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by after1: 7:40pm On May 31, 2015
PedroJP:

Nobody hates u. If A feels B got his back against C and D, i an event, B sells him out cheaply to C and D. How do u think A would feel ? A in His good heart plans no revenge but just to be on his own and trust nobody again, yet u see it as hatred. U are a brother, i do not hate u, but dat doesn't mean i shudn't get annoyed with u stepping on my toes.

This is the hypocrisy i was talking about....Got his back how? Please don't rewrite history, when Zik was romancing the North, no one complained of betrayal or anything. Can you name the agreement between the SE and SW that the SW breached? Just name them and i will apologize right here.

I am waiting.....

2 Likes

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by Dollyak(f): 7:41pm On May 31, 2015
omonnakoda:
What does this mean? Have you got any numbers,fact or figures to back up this claim? Or it just seems that way to you.

It is best not to disrespect the dead but there is a fundamental part of Eboe male socialization that involves taunting and jeering and so when Eboes start that others just repay them with interest. Things have now reached a point where nothing is sacred which is sad.
The Eboe will not give the full measure and the Yoruba will not be shortchanged( ko ni won kun emi na o si ni gba l'abo). Peace will break out the moment the Eboe finds a way to accept some responsibility for the civil war and stop blaming Yoruba fo breaking imaginary promises
Yoruba fully support Biafra just do it politically without violence and don't bring us into it
I meant for whatever reason people(Igbos) kept telling me different thing about what happened, compared to a more consistent story(ies) from the Yorubas. Perhaps there were classes on it in Yoruba schools? And there are no evidence to back up some of the claims made by some people.
I am done talking about this lol.
Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by omonnakoda: 7:55pm On May 31, 2015
Dollyak:

I meant for whatever reason people(Igbos) kept telling me different thing about what happened, compared to a more consistent stories from the Yorubas. Perhaps there were classes on it in Yoruba schools?
I grew up among Eboes after the war.There was no policy about how to teach the war and so it was kept quiet not just there but nationally at least in schools.It is only no that one or two incidents or encounters with adults or teachers are making sense. Many Yorubas are likely to give you a more consistent story because it is the truth. Many more people died than should have because Ojukwu refused to surrender when it was clear that his position was lost.This was ultimately don to pride

The war was a genocidal event.That is the nature of all wars in Africa especially when they have a tribal overtone. There has been no true healing and reconciliation but the fact is
1) The Eboes declared the war and had no way of winning it we cannot escape that
2) They expected the Yoruba to declare a similar war and characterize the failure to do so as backstabbing and cowardice

They claim (The figure is always changing) 3 million died and expect that the Yoruba should have sacrificed their lives to prove machismo? Why should they? When and if the Yoruba decide to leave Nigeria they know how to go about it wisely.
We do not have any point to prove. In 1966 there was no solidarity between the Yorubas and the Eboes so the issue of backstabbing is bizarre

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by PedroJP(m): 7:59pm On May 31, 2015
after1:

This is the hypocrisy i was talking about....Got his back how? Please don't rewrite history, when Zik was romancing the North, no one complained of betrayal or anything. Can you name the agreement between the SE and SW that the SW breached? Just name them and i will apologize right here.

I am waiting.....

lol, did i even mention agreement on my post ? Thought i said if Mr A "feels".... Then, there was no agreement, just like there wasn't an agreement b4 2015 presidential election where Yorubas felt Gej had his cabinets filled with Igbos and hence, must do everything to get rid of him n spite the Igbos. U are welcomed. Thanks for that, it has channeled a new route for us.

1 Like

Re: ‘tom And Jerry’ Relationship Between Igbo And Yoruba by gatiano(m): 8:04pm On May 31, 2015
Yoruba did not kill Igbos, Hausa didn't, Igbos didn't kill any of the two either. Ojukwu wanted to take the country to war with the oppressor. He was right to think so, but according to the other two tribes, it wasn't time and they were right too.
Ojukwu went to war wanting to use a snake (rattles) against another snake (cobra), not knowing that snake will always be snake's friend. He went to use soviet union against uk and united states. And every opportunities these snakes have, they would use it to destroy darker people, as we all can clearly see in the case of syria and few other parts of the middle-east.

Ojukwu, Awolowo, Bello are initiates raised, nurtured and taught by Our Elders(They are brothers of same blood). What They were told was to teach us too. They tried to do so, and they did.
Today, They are Our Ancestors, who have ascended to Glory.
Black people, My Brothers and Sisters, always see the good, appreciate it, Then the imperfect of it, let us perfect it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Confirms Eyitayo Jegede As Recognized PDP Candidate In Ondo State- SR / Buhari Sends Sallah Message, Urges Nigerians To Avoid Reckless Statements / Osigwe Ikirodah: Tinubu/Shettima Ticket Is A Factual Combination For Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.