Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! (33456 Views)

How To Reduce Data Usage While Using Social Media On Your Smartphone / 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by bongolistik(m): 11:40am On May 31, 2015
As the saying goes that beauty is in the eyes of a beholder, me I am saying that safety too is also in the eyes and hands of the beholder.

There are certain unsafe practices that many of you often indulge in while making use of your tech gadgets that you must stop now, and here are they;

1. Using of Power Banks while plugged into an AC outlet

You might have heard or read about the recent incidence that is currently breaking the internet on how a Ghanaian girl was electrocuted while using a power bank – and this was how it all happened;

According to sources, the Ghanaian was making use of her Power Bank that was plugged into an AC outlet, and she did so to enable the Power Bank to charge up when power is restored.

On the cause of using the power bank, she felt asleep and slept off while having the power bank on her chest.

Then unfortunately power was restored and there was a surge in voltage and heavy current flowed into the power bank and she was electrocuted by the power bank stocked on her cleavage.

Now this is an eye opener for all, that apart from this ugly incidence, it is totally unsafe to plug a power bank and still be using the power bank at the same time.

2. Plugging a phone and using the phone at the same time to be making/receiving call[

Many of you are also guilty of this particular act, and you should desist from it completely – similar case as the one above has been reported in the past where the victim plugged his phone and was making a call.

The precautionary measure here is that when you plug your phone and want to use it to make/receive call, you should unplug the phone completely before using and then after making/receiving your calls you can then plug it back and leave it to charge.

3.Making use of your laptop directly on your lap close to your manhood/womanhood

In as much as it is regarded as laptop, it doesn’t necessary mean that you should be using it on your lap in the manner that can endanger your health.

Always avoid placing laptops directly without shield on your lap and more so keeping it very close to your manhood.

The heat generated by your laptop on prolong usage can damage your manhood when you place it directly on your lap.

Better still for convenience, you can easily place your laptop on a desk and if you must place it on your lap then you should be mindful of the proximity to your manhood/womanhood.

4. Putting your phone on loudspeaker while making use of it very close to your ear in making/receiving calls

If you must make use of your phone on loudspeaker then you should avoid placing it very close to your ear.

Sometimes there could be a surge in sound while making use of your phone on loudspeaker and the sound could come out loud enough to cause deafness.

5. Placing and making use of laptop on a bed

Some of you are also guilty of this; you make use of your laptop while placing it on bed. This time around for the safety of your gadget, you should avoid this act totally.

Your bed can easily block the vent of your laptop causing it to overheat and unlike when you place it on flat plane surface.

Finally safety measures are important things you should always have at the back of your mind and not even only when making use of your tech gadgets but also in all ramifications of life.

By so doing, you end up prolonging your life, equipment/gadgets and keeping a better environment.

Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/05/5-unsafe-acts-you-should-avoid-at-all.html

63 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by redcliff: 11:49am On May 31, 2015
As for the part of placing your laptop on your laps, i strongly suggest those people using it more on their beds or anywhere else should go get the bed stand. It cost about 20k and i think its a worthy investment comparing it to one's health..

The best thing since garri and coconut mixed with dried berries.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by eddyland: 12:19pm On May 31, 2015
redcliff:
As for the part of placing your laptop on your laps, i strongly suggest those people using it more on their beds or anywhere else should go get the bed stand. It cost about 20k and i think its a worthy investment comparing it to one's health..

The best thing since garri and coconut mixed with dried berries.
e don tey wey Oyibo dey do things

8 Likes

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by allgoodlight(m): 12:42pm On May 31, 2015
Hmmm some have died of using these gadgets without safety precausion yet some continue to ignore this timely warning on the safety use of gagdget belittling the potential danger of it some will never learn untill they are harvest by grave they will now learn in peace may that not be our portion so that we should not buy what will kill us by taking it for granted be warn and stay alive.

1 Like

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by jimohibrahim(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2015
Cool...firstly I don't use and charge my power bank becos i only use it whenever there no light or my phone battery is running low.

Secondly I'm a gamer.. Putting my laptop on my lap while using is it is a NO NO for me..

Thirdly I'm guilty of using my phone while charging but I learnt my lesson the hard way

It's started with my blackberry bold 5,the iron made side of the phone always shock me whenever I wanna receive a call while charging, then to my huawei mate 7 (the whole body is made with iron with amber gold coating except for the screen...

Mehn the fone is a shocker...

fyi... I use the word "shock" cos I wasn't really electrocuted but I felt little electricity passing through my body....

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by ibawon(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2015
God bless you for these useful tips.From today on i'm not puting my Lappy on te bed no more

3 Likes

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by Diffdeef(m): 3:35pm On May 31, 2015
Lol "Manhood" "womanhood"

7 Likes

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 31, 2015
Nice post safety first. People won't yield to simple instructions just because there is no tendency anything bad will happen to them.

1 Like

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by IdeeEsperanza(m): 4:20pm On May 31, 2015
That laptop bed stand na die!

1 Like

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by Realgana(m): 5:39pm On May 31, 2015
Thanks OP.
Meanwhile,kindly disregard the news going round that I have accepted the post of Minister of Finance offered to me by PMB.
I AM STILL MAKING CONSULTATIONS.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by McEwen(m): 5:40pm On May 31, 2015
Guilty cry
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by EagleScribes: 5:40pm On May 31, 2015
Wow. Thanks so much. He who has an ear....
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by gboss0(m): 5:41pm On May 31, 2015
op, what about calling/ recieving a call when driving or reading a text msg? Or sleeping with your earpiece in your ear??
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by mzlizabelle(f): 5:42pm On May 31, 2015
Thanks for sharing.
Guilty of some of the aforementioned though.
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by omanifrank(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2015
nice one
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by Blackchampion(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2015
And this comes to mind too
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by letsbet(m): 5:44pm On May 31, 2015
First off, my power bank dont charge stuffs if its connected to a power out-let so its a no no ( dat ghana girl sha). i feel uncomfortable placing a laptop on my laps except in times were a table is not present but i had to share something wit some one or such. am guilty of making use of laptop on the bed expecially at night.
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 31, 2015
Hahahahaha...OP you no go kill me. Please girls don't keep your laptops close to your womanhood

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by philosopherking(m): 5:47pm On May 31, 2015
Thanks for sharing sha,,,,,,,but na LAP-TOP, so d lap is very safe!

1 Like

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by sandrajazmin(f): 5:48pm On May 31, 2015
Hey there!!! Whatsapp is using me

1 Like

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by niceguy7(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2015
Noted
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by dunkem21(m): 5:49pm On May 31, 2015
Is it safe to be charging the phone and browsing
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by naijainfogalery: 5:49pm On May 31, 2015
Nothing is safe in this world huh

2 Likes

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by BizBayo: 5:49pm On May 31, 2015
In OBJ's voice 'we will set up a committee that will look into it'

for the message, lessons learnt.
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by M4gunners: 5:50pm On May 31, 2015
#3 sha I'm guilty of this. But why is it called Laptop if we can't have it on our Lap?

1 Like

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by youngice(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2015
something must kill a man

3 Likes

Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by niceguy7(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2015
sandrajazmin:
Hey there!!! Whatsapp is using me
Lol hw is wtsapp using u?
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by swagdopey: 5:50pm On May 31, 2015
k
Re: 5 Unsafe And Deadly Acts You Must Stop Doing While Using Your Tech Gadgets! by Aitee1: 5:50pm On May 31, 2015
Number 3 sha... lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oukitel C8 Specifications /review / Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix / This Is The Infinix S5 — What Do You Think? + Camera Samples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.