Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. (48771 Views)

21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth / A Lesson From The Most Worst 10 Of Engineering Disasters In US History / El Chapo Guzman- Mexican Drug Lord's Escape An Audaciuous Feat Of Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
I need to visit that Dallas Interchange! !!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by BarryX(m): 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ishilove:

Do you have the answers?
So you believe in the aliens theory of building the pyramid grin
Too much of Sci-fi / Alien Hollywood movies have really helped our brain somewhat to believe things.
The whites pushed and orchestrated that aliens conspiracy theory to ridicule the African with the imperialist view and strong apartheid conviction that nothing good can come from the continent and we are gulible enough to believe hook line and sinker

Quote me anywhere
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by azlad2010(m): 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sile12:
1. World's largest diesel engine (World's largest container vessel engine).

Wartsila Sulzer RTA96-C/ Engine.

The cylinder bore is just under 38" and the stroke is just over 98". Each cylinder displaces 111,143 cubic inches (1820 liters) and produces 7780 horsepower. Total displacement comes out to 1,556,002 cubic inches (25,480 liters) for the fourteen cylinder version.Some facts on the 14 cylinder version:

Total engine weight-2300 tons (The crankshaft alone weighs 300 tons.).
Length89 feet.
Height-44 feet.
Maximum power108,920 hp at 102 rpm.
Maximum torque5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm.

2. 300 ton crankshaft from the most powerful and largest diesel engine in the world.

4. The Piston.

Source: https://www.pinterest.com/phrayapichai/marine-engineering/
naija na
underdeveloping country

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by bueze046(m): 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
OP you deserved some credit... its really amazing.... proud to an Engineer.... more website please
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by stpat1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sile12:
Mechanical engineers in the house, can you couple this and make it run?

Yes with the right tools in place. If our steel mills were working optimally, we are supposed to be producing these components and by now be producing our own cars from the scratch.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by NBM7(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
MsZeezah:

Lmao. People will get lost oo. Or else they use GPS sha oo. Cos once you miss you exit ehn, you fit dey drive like 10miles before you see where you go make a detour. Maybe I'm exaggerating sha grin
the engineers will do well to have as many exit points as possible
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Ishilove: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
BarryX:
So you believe in the aliens theory of building the pyramid grin
Too much of Sci-fi / Alien Hollywood movies have really helped our brain somewhat to believe things.
The whites pushed and orchestrated that aliens conspiracy theory to ridicule the African with the imperialist view and strong apartheid conviction that nothing good can come from the continent and we are gulible enough to believe hook line and sinker

Quote me anywhere
Of course I don't believe in the alien theory. That's pure bullshit. I was asking gatiano if he has the answers to the questions he posed in his post.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Infoay: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
Amazing
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gatiano(m): 8:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
I've got the answers, but the answers about who the builders were will be debated till the end of this era/civilization by those who do not question reality.
After the pyramids were built, A sphinx was made in the image of a lion and the head of The Blackman, saying "I'M THE KING THAT WAS AND THAT WILL FOREVER BE". And then He went to sleep.

While i was in the university, I had a cat. This cat will just stare at me while i eat like every other cat. Most times, I give it some food, sometimes it eats it and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it ignores food, cats are smart, they may ignore food just so that you might add more. anyways, I started to watch this cat, This cat excretes, then it comes back over and over again to check its excrements. And I am like "well, it is just an animals attitude to go back to its shiiit. However, I couldn't help but to watch it closely with its constant checking out of its shiiit. It just turned out that based on the type of excrement this cat passed, would determine its next meal. If its excrements were watery, it won't eat any soft or jelly food atall. And it checks its shiiit so frequently.

My point is if a cat can do such just to keep itself in perfect health as it can be, Then what is wrong with the Black people?
There is nothing wrong with us. We "were" not here in the last 4000 years to build, We were and are here to study. We have always been studying and building great, wonderful, magnificent civilizations and MORE. And We studied excellently. What the ignorants woooow so much is so sub-standard to us.
Ishilove:

Do you have the answers?
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by illmatic101(m): 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sile12:

Yeah!!! With pleasure cheesy
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by StObaino1(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sile12:

Nice job OP...guess you are an engineer too.
I can attempt coupling that but may not do a perfect job. I am specialized in rotating equipments.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Ishilove: 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
gatiano:
I've got the answers, but the answers about who the builders were will be debated till the end of this era/civilization by those who do not question reality.
After the pyramids were built, A sphinx was made in the image of a lion and the head of The Blackman, saying "I'M THE KING THAT WAS AND THAT WILL FOREVER BE". And then He went to sleep.

While i was in the university, I had a cat. This cat will just stare at me while i eat like every other cat. Most times, I give it some food, sometimes it eats it and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it ignores food, cats are smart, they may ignore food just so that you might add more. anyways, I started to watch this cat, This cat excretes, then it comes back over and over again to check its excrements. And I am like "well, it is just an animals attitude to go back to its shiiit. However, I couldn't help but to watch it closely with its constant checking out of its shiiit. It just turned out that based on the type of excrement this cat passed, would determine its next meal. If its excrements were watery, it won't eat any soft or jelly food atall. And it checks its shiiit so frequently.

My point is if a cat can do such just to keep itself in perfect health as it can be, Then what is wrong with the Black people?
There is nothing wrong with us. We "were" not here in the last 4000 years to build, We were and are here to study. We have always been studying and building great, wonderful, magnificent civilizations and MORE. And We studied excellently. What the ignorants woooow so much is so sub-standard to us.
Err...right... undecided

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by illmatic101(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
sacrono:
Hmm

I wudnt advise anybody to study engineering in nigeria.

Why?

If only you know how good we are, I mean hear in Nigeria.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by DEIFIED(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Wowww, this is amazing.

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by themanderon: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I'm short of words... Does that interchange really exist
It does exist plenty brother, that's the beauty of engineering. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by tiwo31: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by horpsycoded: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by semitunde: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ishilove:

Do you have the answers?

Aliens. Maybe not the onion face, big eye ones we've been used to seeing on tv, but aliens madeto suit our eenvironment, with much higher intellectual makeup.

I think we are also aliens of some sort. We have been made to suit our environment, a dilute version of the original aliens.

We will only find this to be true when we've gotten to the intellectual and exploratory level where we can find out.

Pls note that a simple definition of an alien is someone or something that is foreign or did not originate from a particular place.

God is an alien to earth. Man is an alien to the moon or mars. If we start a civilization on mars, and after some million years generations after start calling us gods; it won't be out of place would it?

By the way, good job sile12
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by sacrono: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
illmatic101:

Why?

If only you know how good we are, I mean hear in Nigeria.
really?

Are u an engineer or engineering student?
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by illmatic101(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
sacrono:
really?

Are u an engineer or engineering student?

Technologist
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Feraz(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
dearpreye:
I'm having mixed feelings over these marvellous pieces of forward thinking.

On the one hand, I appreciate them and the folks who thought them through. On the other hand, I'm so saddened as to why we're so left behind. Something is wrong somewhere!

We have the same brain cells with these White folks. We were ably created by the same God ( leave the atheists alone). We have all it takes to achieve these technological fits.

We can't overemphasise the role science and technology plays in the standard of living of a people.

Miserable Africa! We're yet to fix even the most basic needs of our people.

Where did we get it wrong?

I guess it's not too late.
We got it wrong the moment Nigeria discovered oil and decided to let her industries die

We got it wrong the moment we decided to make the petroleum sector more lucrative

We got it wrong the moment Nigeria decided to ignore the talents we had during the civil war instead of absorbing them like Americans did to the Germans

We got it wrong when our leaders (executive and legislative) decided to start sending their kids outside the country instead of passing bills that will make the educational sector grow despite most attending schools for free.

We got it wrong the moment we abandoned the vocational sector.

We got it wrong the moment we decided to worship those with questionable source of wealth and ignore those adding meaning to our lives. . .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gatiano(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
I have been to few learning institutions around, in whatever language they speak, Black people always excel so greatly if not the best in most cases. What then happened to such minds that We can't make a good computer keyboard, When the person who create the software program upon which internet lies is a Blackman, even the typewriter was invented by a Blackman.

We are here to study the recessive part of ourselves which we have done effectively well 1000%. Kudos to the Blackman who made it be. We are know the characteristic of the recessive traits, even a baby newly concieved who has grown with the ability to feel and react to stimuli and impulses to has learnt a lot about the recessive trait which the most brilliant, most intelligent of the other races will never understand fully.

If for example the Black people must have stable electricity, Then it must be 100% done our own way. Nothing must be copied from anybody, We had electricity which was the cleanest and purest. We will have to do that again. And for that to ever happen, european, japanese, chinese, indian, arab mentality must not be found in our minds. not one atom of it. What we needed to learn from them, we have. Which is evil.

Show me one thing that Black people have learnt from oother races besides evil? evil is a recessive character, when a dominant trait learns it, He becomes 2 to 7 times more evil.
So name me on good we learnt.
And How many Black people are there in the world.

I do not mean to derail the tread, if i did atall. woooooooowing other people's works and deeds without understanding how it works kills the soul.

However, The op did a nice thing posting such here. instead of wooooowing and feeling sorry for ourselves, How did they lift those cranes is what we should be asking ourselves and how to build our own without depending on the government because their mentality is everything but theirs.
BarryX:
Sorry bro, I don't understand correlation between seeing " things the way they are" and building a bigger invention

Expatiate please
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by sacrono: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
illmatic101:

Technologist
cool

Im aspiring to study engineering but I really dont want to study here. Iv never seen any tangible thing nigerian engineers have produced. They just pass out and work in oil companies but I'd really like to practise what I read.

Maybe you can tell me more about nigerian universities?
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by anigold(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
thecommunist:
no sir, it's still in an embryonic state. Infact it is still in its spermazoic state. May God help us.

Hahahahshaha bros u harsh but thats the truth sha..
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by kodlins(f): 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sile12:
21. When there was no AUTO-CAD.

They were more creative then. Cos there was no smart phones to keep them chatting away time
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by rhymaholic: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
This is absolutely amazing. I'm proud to be a Mechanical Engineer. Thanks OP.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by 50calibre(m): 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
Allow me to present to you the Gustav Gun . The largest gun ever built.

When Hitler needed to break the French Maignot line (a concrete fortified barrier holding him from Western Europe) he had his engineers build this 4-story beast. It was 20 feet wide, 140 feet long, weighed a massive 1344 tons & required a 500 man crew.

It could fire a 7 tonne shell and hit a target 30 miles away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by illmatic101(m): 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
sacrono:
cool

Im aspiring to study engineering but I really dont want to study here. Iv never seen any tangible thing nigerian engineers have produced. They just pass out and work in oil companies but I'd really like to practise what I read.

Maybe you can tell me more about nigerian universities?

If you really want to know and practice engineering, I'd advise you to go to the polytechnic, I suggest AFIT Kaduna.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Feraz(m): 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
kodlins:

They were more creative then. Cos there was no smart phones to keep them chatting away time
More like dedicated and focused to their work. Computers have made things easy. . .

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Feraz(m): 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
50calibre:
Allow me to present to you the Gustav Gun . The largest gun ever built.

When Hitler needed to break the French Maignot line (a concrete fortified barrier holding him from Western Europe) he had his engineers build this 4-story beast. It was 20 feet wide, 140 feet long, weighed a massive 1344 tons & required a 500 man crew.

It could fire a 7 tonne shell and hit a target 30 miles away.
shocked shocked

This is one big gun. . .

2 Likes

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by sacrono: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
illmatic101:

If you really want to know and practice engineering, I'd advise you to go to the polytechnic, I suggest AFIT Kaduna.
okay thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The 'Talkative' Dinosaur That Roamed Mexico 73 Million Years Ago (Photos) / Photos Of A Snake Killed By A Corper In Anambra / Woman Rescues, Returns Turtle To Sea In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.