Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. (48779 Views)

21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth / A Lesson From The Most Worst 10 Of Engineering Disasters In US History / El Chapo Guzman- Mexican Drug Lord's Escape An Audaciuous Feat Of Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gidjah(m): 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=Sile12 post=34278370]1. World's largest diesel engine (World's largest container vessel engine).

Wartsila Sulzer RTA96-C/ Engine.

The cylinder bore is just under 38" and the stroke is just over 98". Each cylinder displaces 111,143 cubic inches (1820 liters) and produces 7780 horsepower. Total displacement comes out to 1,556,002 cubic inches (25,480 liters) for the fourteen cylinder version.Some facts on the 14 cylinder version:

Total engine weight-2300 tons (The crankshaft alone weighs 300 tons.).
Length89 feet.
Height-44 feet.
Maximum power108,920 hp at 102 rpm.
Maximum torque5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm.

2. 300 ton crankshaft from the most powerful and largest diesel engine in the world.

4. The Piston.

14cylinders,??,that's quite gigantic, the crank shaft is something else, how many engineers would work on that at any time it breaks down? i have been favoured to work on a, 6cylinders, before (with the NTA ABUJA &EMIR OF ZAUZAU, ZARIA)', but this 14cylinders ,na trouble,basically, it will be craine automated repairs, and less man power repair
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gatiano(m): 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
It didn't work.
50calibre:
Allow me to present to you the Gustav Gun . The largest gun ever built.

When Hitler needed to break the French Maignot line (a concrete fortified barrier holding him from Western Europe) he had his engineers build this 4-story beast. It was 20 feet wide, 140 feet long, weighed a massive 1344 tons & required a 500 man crew.

It could fire a 7 tonne shell and hit a target 30 miles away.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Uchezuruki(m): 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2015
Mehn... This awesome!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by 50calibre(m): 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
gatiano:
It didn't work.

Says who, you?
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gatiano(m): 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
Right. How did the dogon see the stars and constellation that the biggest and the most expensive telescope could not see?

Well these other races will come to Bini, the Akan, the Zulu, the Dogon to ask how, and these very wise men would tell these people like blavatsky, david icke, zacharia sitchin what they want to hear. They would tell a reptilian by the name of humbaba or nommo cam to tell them. As long as it was by the Black people, other races are at peace.
Ishilove:

Err...right... undecided

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gatiano(m): 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Says the russians and the germans. It was to heavy, It caliber was too heavy to pull back and launch.
50calibre:

Says who, you?
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gidjah(m): 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dekatron:

I know that OP would make us proud

This is why : ENGINEERING BOYS ROCK!!

I AM PROUDLY AN ENGINEERING STUDENT & AN ENGINEER TO BE.

Why can't they pay us the same amount doctors get? We solved hordes of equations, drew diagrams like no tomorrow,Did trivial and crazy assignment!!

THIS IS OCCUPATIONAL INEQUALITY!! This same Engineering makes money ONLY TO BE PAID TO DOCTORS and PEANUTS to US.

GO HUG TRANSFORMER if you are hating. I know my brothers agree
you r truely correct, but u cnt save lives na, ! d backmoney engrs get, doctors cant get them, if u work like in ferma, u will make alot of money via cheating n cutting corners, but doctors hardly get such. then ur level of reasoning can never b compared to dat of a doctor, an engr is always a problem solver till death,he,is ever rugged,he can,survive in jungle than any other field. I am evet Celebrated in any Arena i find my self, Engineering is d Solution!!
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by 50calibre(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
gatiano:
Says the russians and the germans. It was to heavy, It caliber was too heavy to pull back and launch.

All true! Though it didn't serve the real purpose for which it was created, it did see action in Warsaw and the siege of Sevastopol.

It was layer destroyed by the Nazis when their downfall was imminent.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gatiano(m): 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
ok, How man go just decide to kill another humanbeing with that kind thing? anyways, there is so much worst than that now.
50calibre:

All true! Though it didn't serve the real purpose for which it was created, it did see action in Warsaw and the siege of Sevastopol.

It was layer destroyed by the Nazis when their downfall was imminent.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by piagetskinner(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
Wow!!! I am astounded

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
am impressed
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by 50calibre(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
gatiano:
ok, How man go just decide to kill another humanbeing with that kind thing? anyways, there is so much worst than that now.

Lol nah! It was made for busting bunkers, thick concrete walls & heavy tanks/ammo
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by lexy2014: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
This is wonderful...why cant we compete with such in this country...weve got bright minds and geniuses...but guess what...they are all in shell and chevron doing routine jobs a ssce holder can do... embarassed...its really pathetic....

I wished to practice engineering this way...oil and gas has spoilt other arms of engineering in this country...we need to shift attention to other wings of engineering...

very valid point u raised my bro. Its arm chair engineering were engineers sit inside A/C office morning till night instead of being in d workshop(no disrespect intended)

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gatiano(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nevertheless. oyinbo na beast. the thing that will be used to tame them is ready.
50calibre:

Lol nah! It was made for busting bunkers, thick concrete walls & heavy tanks/ammo
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
Im just an engineer by name.SMH.I should be ashamed.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by majesticSOJ(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
Mehn, this one, I love it, I really enjoy this post
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by UyiIredia(m): 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
*sighs* Will Nigerians ever be able to replicate such feats ? I doubt so, not with our current crop of leaders.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by rabbuy(m): 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
That under what welding sha.... shocked Engeering is key oh see dubai... Anytime I see them I weep...

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by UyiIredia(m): 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sile12:

Lol, aliens ke...Humans built it. Can't imagine those people rolling and pulling up the stones that weighs tons. No excavators, no cranes, no trucks, and they built it and the Great wall of China.

Yeah, an extremely impressive feat considering the tools they lacked. It shows that ancient men weren't dull.

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by codedmax(m): 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dnt you just love it wow amazing , I'm indeed proud to be associated with the Engineering sector......Best trend I've come across in recent time in here, thnx op.

Engineering rocks!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Octaves(m): 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
Confuse ga du ma 4 that dallas interchange. Interchange ke, labyrinth ni. Person fit drive reach dia come dey lost.

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by Olaone1: 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by DONOCHAS(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
Science do really change d world. Dis is awsome

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by LOUIS6(m): 10:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
Op this is great.... magnificent master piece of science ....

Science is life .....

Thread of the month ....

I keep wondering when Nigeria will start getting it right like this

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by gatiano(m): 11:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
science is observation and experience. Mathematics is life.
never see life through another person's eyes. How does your eye see life?
LOUIS6:
Op this is great.... magnificent master piece of science ....

Science is life .....

Thread of the month ....

I keep wondering when Nigeria will start getting it right like this
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by ChuckD1(m): 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
Mechanical engineers in the house, can you couple this and make it run?
Yes. Just hand me the manual.

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by cronsberg: 11:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
One thing with we africans is that we are so afraid to think big. You see a governor wanting to build a road, he will build a miserable looking two lane crap, instead of thinking big and say 'hey, i got great plans to industrialize my state withing the near future, so naturally there will be population increase with likely heavy vehicular presence, why not build 5 or 10 lanes and make sure its up to every accepted standard out there'.
Now i understand why everything about me is attracted to real engineering. You just gotta love companies like GE, Bosch, Scania, DAF, Deawoo, Caterpilla and the rest. Those guys are engineering personified. They deal with iron and steel. They build machinery that amazes the human mind with ease. The think big and build big to awesome proportings. Those guys were dreamers and skimmers, tinkerers and inventors. A hats off to those builders of our modern world.

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by MsZeezah: 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
skedemi:
The Dallas interchange tho.....Dont just try driving pass there unless uv bn plying there for abt a year...one needs to study it for months
Lmao. Not at all. You'll be fine driving that route with a clear head and clear eyes. And even if you lose your way and take the wrong exit, the GPS will always re-route you. Its so easy. One thing I like about America is that there are several ways to get to your destination. All roads lead to different places and you can take like 10 different routes and still get to the same place, just might take longer. Unlike my dear Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by usibengate(m): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
Well compiled illustrations
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by daveP(m): 11:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sile12 if i deny you are a magnet, il be lying.

My siggy would soon read

"Sile12: The closest thing to Fp-worthy since lalastic

keep up the vibe!
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by youngelder(m): 12:39am On Jun 03, 2015
Engineering... This is real engineering. Wow.. That world's largest diesel engine though..
. Wel, technology is simply a way of getting things done. Now, in as much as the whites are way advanced than us.. We stil got our own technology.
. Imagine stuffs like pounded yam and afang soup.. The inventors of these foods are in the same IQ level as Einstein, Edison and others...
. We will get there.. All we need is steady power supply and a long term technology plan for the nation.
Re: Some Amazing Images Of Engineering. by texanomaly(f): 1:57am On Jun 03, 2015
Sile12:
32. Dallas Interchange.

Lol. I have gotten lost on this thing before.
embarassed You have to be in the lane you need well before you get to your exit or you are not getting over to it. undecided Then you have to figure out how to get back to where you need to be. During rush hour traffic...forget it! There's no telling where you'll end up if you are not watching carefully. shocked If I need to go through Dallas for some reason I try to make sure it's not during peek traffic. Scary stuff!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of A Snake Killed By A Corper In Anambra / Woman Rescues, Returns Turtle To Sea In Lagos (Photos) / Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.