Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Tribal And Religious War Same Time Happening In Love, Pls Do Comment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tribal And Religious War Same Time Happening In Love, Pls Do Comment (786 Views)

Lady Breaks A Guy's Head For Touching Her ( Just Happening In Lagos ) / Wish We Could Stop All The Tribal And National Beauty Wars / Difference In Tribal And Religious Inclination Is Affecting My Marriage Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribal And Religious War Same Time Happening In Love, Pls Do Comment by webstar(m): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2009
Pls comment reasonable to this, I got a girl, a muslim precisely and am a christian, I love her for real and she loves me. Along the line in what we shared, her people started poking em nose complaining that I can`t marry her b`cos of our differences considering the reality in our differences pertaining to religion and tribe cos am Igbo and she is yoruba too, she left then cos of the pressure but am suprise to receive a call the other from her saying she can`t go and at the same time still complaining that her people wont let her marry me.

am confused in this all, shuld I forget abt this girl or shuld i face reality and fight for our love,

Pls give ur good opinion , joke too if u wanna,
Re: Tribal And Religious War Same Time Happening In Love, Pls Do Comment by sparta(f): 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2009
Maybe you and your girl could learn from this poster's story!

I met my husband in a mosque about 13yrs ago but before i met him, i was dating a guy who is a christian but my relatived kicked against it because of religeous indifference n so unfortunate for the guy , i couldnt get pregnant for him after 3yrs of dating, but this my husband, i got pregnant for him the first time we made love after 6 months of dating and his family came for introduction and at that time my husband has just been repratriated from europe without my knowledge so he had no job, so i was fending for myself and him because i love him. when i had my baby, it was through ceasarian and i have to pay with all my savings because it was a private hospital, from hospital i was moved to his sister house and i lived with her for 4yrs before i could raise money myself to secure an apartment meanwhile instead of my husband to look for work, he was busy pursuing his traveling back to abroad n twice he was sent back, i had another baby for him after 4yrs and i love him dearly but i was getting tired of expenses. i paid for house rents school fees, house maintanace and am the first born of my family, i had four brothers and sisters to take care of having lost both parent in the early stage of my life, when i started complaining my husband started quarelling with me and he will not talk to me unless i beg him though i never see him with any woman but when i get tired of beging, he will be keeping malice with me for months and we became so distant from each other, to tell u about myself am a very beautiful n social woman and has a fairly good job in a coperate organisation, when u see me you will think i married a rich man, i bought a car from my office sometime but when his family started saying all sort of things, i sold the car off, twice i've got a loan from my office to give my husband to start something but i never know the outcome of the business. now my children are 12 n 8 yrs, the 12 is in boarding house in a private secondary school while the other is in a private prymaryschool and stays with us. my husband has been keeping malice with me now for the past 2yrs and he did not touch me, he sleep in the sitting room while i slept in the bedroom with my daughter, my husband doesnt drink and several time the two families have met and talked to us but i dont know what is happening, i never had a boyfriend though i had lots of admirer but now am so bored and lonely and i have make up my mind to walk out of the relationship because there is no love between us again, i was just managing because of my children, i dont want them to have a broken home but i think i have reach the extreme. pls do advise on what to do, meanwhile i never love the man again, we are just living like cat and mouse and am begining to get scare of my life because he utter some statements that makes even my neigbour to ask me to leave the house but i was the one that rents the house and am still paying. you can reach me on my sister mail for advise or sugestion. shademandilas@yahoo.com

Read the rest up from this link

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-235084.99999.html#bot
Re: Tribal And Religious War Same Time Happening In Love, Pls Do Comment by webstar(m): 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2009
u re right, I won`t like to regret in the future, I will fight hard, Thx alot
Re: Tribal And Religious War Same Time Happening In Love, Pls Do Comment by sparta(f): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2009
U are welcome, just be strong and know what you want to do.
Re: Tribal And Religious War Same Time Happening In Love, Pls Do Comment by webstar(m): 8:56pm On Feb 17, 2009
aiight thanks
Re: Tribal And Religious War Same Time Happening In Love, Pls Do Comment by Musty450(m): 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2009
Hey,
Tough Situation you ve got yourself there, esp since the female is a muslim
I m in sorta the same situation as you but its reversed, but our tribes are different and i can say that i love her to bits sad
Occasionally, the issue pops up and we fight, or she gets aloof but we dealing with it, a day at a time. i tried letting go already, suffice to say; we re still together hot and heavy. i m holding on cz she is worth it, and my mum is a christian too, so i dont see why it cant work.
A lot of people will advise you to just quit, i m sure of that but the fact remains that, If She is worth all the trouble you re likely to run into, then fight for your love, at least you ll know that you did; whatever happens in the end . . .
Inter religious/tribal marriages are tricky and hardly work out without extraodinary effort esp here, where marriages are between families not people, but fight, fight for what you believe in and remember that compromise is one of the greatest tools you ve got, be diplomatic and realise that she is just really scared and worried sort of like you.
all the best, if you need to share some more you can reach me on musty450@yahoo.com

All the best

(1) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take? / Re: Hes A Close Frend Bt Hes Younger Dan I Am.he Fel Lnluv Wit Me, I Tut Its Rng Bt As Timez Goes I / Pls, I Want To Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.