Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,134 members, 7,845,770 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (3183 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Plagiarism By Professor Mattew Aremu Of Federal University Wukari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by ZACHIE: 9:58am On Jun 01, 2015
If this is what PDP hopes to `OPPOSITION` with, then, it is not in you to `OPPOSITION`.
Weak buncha foools
Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by babadee1(m): 10:05am On Jun 01, 2015
Statements like that are very generic, anybody could have come up with it. There is nothing special about it. Plagiarism usually involves unique statements with multiple sentences or paragraphs which could not have been independently thought of by coincidence.
OP I hope you learned something new today. Now go and find something better to do with your time.

nwachivis:
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari copied his "I belong to Everyone" quotation on his inauguration day speech from Eric Burdon without giving him credit for it.
Folks, say no to stealing of intellectual property in
Nigeria

Click here to see for yourselves, folks!

www.metrolyrics.com/out-of-nowhere-lyrics-eric-burdon-war.html
Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by omazus: 10:08am On Jun 01, 2015
You must have studied under Buhari himself. How can you claim that you can quote works done in 1917 without acknowledging the authors them when we still acknowledge the authors of the Bible, and acknowledge authors of other older books. Please and please, your teacher who taught you this taught you nonsense. Why did the same Buhari acknowledge Shakespeare who lived hundreds of years earlier than Buhari's victim?
ZACHIE:

From Mass Communication Lecture room, MSC level

1 Like

Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Chiaka(f): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2015
The guy in question stole it from every one. It's a commonly used word and Bihari should not be accountable for that
Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by ZACHIE: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2015
omazus:
You must have studied under Buhari himself. How can you claim that you can quote works done in 1917 without acknowledging the authors them when we still acknowledge the authors of the Bible, and acknowledge authors of other older books. Please and please, your teacher who taught you this taught you nonsense. Why did the same Buhari acknowledge Shakespeare who lived hundreds of years earlier than Buhari's victim?

ODE ni gbogbo yin.

How is written corpus same as songs?

Ode oshi.

How come you can sing all Broadman Hymnal songs without any reference to the original songmakers?
How come no one has ever been taken anyone to court for rights infringement on any of the Classics?

Come closer home, all the songs Sunny Ade sang are reproduced daily at events all over Nigeria yet no one is held for Right infringement?

You guys are damned too weak.

Get strong and come back.

Olodo oshi
Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by omazus: 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hahaha. You resort to insulting me in a language I don't understand when you find yourself and your principal in a weak position. I hope this is not the change we clamoured for. Perhaps you have never written anything before whether your so-called written corpus or song. What you do not know is that songs too are copyrighted. Plagiarism entails kidnapping another person's idea be it written corpus or song. And by the way, don't be fooled by the fact that you can sing a song without anyone asking you to acknowledge source. Once, you put down the same song in paper in an official document as important as presidential inauguration address you must acknowledge source. Don't sell your ignorance to the unsuspecting young chaps here.
ZACHIE:

ODE ni gbogbo yin.

How is written corpus same as songs?

Ode oshi.

How come you can sing all Broadman Hymnal songs without any reference to the original songmakers?
How come no one has ever been taken anyone to court for rights infringement on any of the Classics?

Come closer home, all the songs Sunny Ade sang are reproduced daily at events all over Nigeria yet no one is held for Right infringement?

You guys are damned too weak.

Get strong and come back.

Olodo oshi

1 Like

Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by ZACHIE: 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
omazus:
Hahaha. You result to insulting me in a language I don't understand when you find yourself and your principal in a weak position. I hope this is not the change we clamoured for. Perhaps you have never written anything before whether your so-called written corpus or song. What you do not know is that songs too are copyrighted. Plagiarism entails kidnapping another person's idea be it written corpus or song. And by the way, don't be fooled by the fact that you can sing a song without anyone asking you to acknowledge source. Once, you put down the same song in paper in an official document as important as presidential inauguration address you must acknowledge source. Don't sell your ignorance to the unsuspecting young chaps here.

This is a list of countries and their copyright terms, the lengths of their standardcopyrights, in years. When a work's copyright term ends, the work passes into the public domain.

The list also includes entries for non-country entities: theEuropean Union, Berne Convention, and the Universal Copyright Convention, which set minimum terms for their member states or signatories. The Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS), though not included, requires a copyright length of at least 50 years after death.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries%27_copyright_lengths
Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by ZACHIE: 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2015
The ignorance of you TANners shame even devil himself, yet you writhe shamefacedly in blissful ignorance.
You can't be helped.
If you didn't know, know it now.
Update yourself a little more. Just a wee little more . It might save your life.
Copyrights do expire.
And let me school you on what plagiarism is all about: the body of knowledge thrives on research. knowledge is shared property.
Only bogus and copious lifting is frowned at not usage.
You have a long way to go, young man.
Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Ezemust: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
ComradeAbu:

you re a big hater.
First of all, President Muhammadu Buhari is not your mate, so address him with atmost respect.
Secondly, we are no more in military era; so STOP using 'GEN' when writing rather use President.
Lastly,To Hell with the owner of the statement you allegedly said he stole or plagrised. Haters go and die. I love my president
did u also give gej the atmost respect?

1 Like

Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by MeAboki(m): 6:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
@ OP:

Eric Burdon's words: I belong to everyone, because I belong to no one.

Buhari's Speech: I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.

Pls explain how are the two same and how does it constitute to plagiarism?
Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by lamisanya(m): 1:15am On Jun 02, 2015
This is idiocy at its deepest trough. I need my 10 mins back!!
Re: Act Of Plagiarism By Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by omazus: 8:01am On Jun 02, 2015
I am taking you seriously mr zachie but just for the purposes of education. You seem not to understand what standard copyright lenght means. It does not mean i can take onebof shakespeares books and put my name at the back of it or copy a potion of it and claim to be the author since the book hs entered into pub domain. This is exactly what you are claiming for pmb. It also mean you can republish newtins relativist theory and call it yours. What this lenght means is that you can quote or publish these dicuments without permission from the authors or their publishers. It does not excuse you from acknowledging your sources.

And by the way, Eric Burdon is still alive and since copyright happens in life plus fifty years after death can you now accept our presidio plagiarized.

quote author=ZACHIE post=34316647]

This is a list of countries and their copyright terms, the lengths of their standardcopyrights, in years. When a work's copyright term ends, the work passes into the public domain.

The list also includes entries for non-country entities: theEuropean Union, Berne Convention, and the Universal Copyright Convention, which set minimum terms for their member states or signatories. The Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS), though not included, requires a copyright length of at least 50 years after death.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries%27_copyright_lengths[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Ibos Hate Tinubu / Raw Video Of How Major Al-mustapha Killed Kudirat Abiola Surfaces / Obama Replies A Nigerian Man On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.