Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! (7690 Views)

Reason Why Our Prayer Is Not Being Answer And The Solution!!! Pleased Read / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 7:54am On Jun 01, 2015
Agnostics will say God has abandoned his creatures,infacte,At this point, some doubters will say to me, "You said many things that are logical, and that is why I cannot say categorically that there is no God. But I'm an agnostic, because even if there is a God, I doubt we can know this Being." I have heard this argument before, but it makes no logical sense. Let me explain:

Why would a Creator go through the
trouble of making a huge universe, with
billions of galaxies containing billions of
stars, so that the proper elements of life
can exist on our side of the universe to
form life?Then the Creator goes through
the extent of putting a God- consciousness in us to make us aware of
God's existence. Then the Being giving us a conscience to feel responsibility to the Creator. Then He puts eternity in our hearts so that we cannot help but believe we will live forever. Considering all this, why would a Creator leave us alone and remain unknowable?

It is clear that since the Creator went
through all this, then He intends for us to find Him. Paul said it this way to the
Athenians:
"God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us" (Acts 17:27).

It is, therefore, logical to think that God
would provide a way for us to reach Him.
WHICH RELIGION?
This is where we come to the subject of
religion. Religion is the system by which
people try to connect with God and
ultimately make peace with Him. It's that simple.

The trouble is that if humankind starts
the system, it is doomed for failure.
Instead, God would have to set up the
religion for humans to find Him. It is
logical that if God established creation,
gave us a God-consciousness, a moral
conscience, and a consciousness of
eternity, that He intends to establish a
religion that humans could find Him and be reconciled to Him.

Agnostics would argue that it is impossible to know which,if any religion
is true. However,logic convinces me that God must establish the true religion,
otherwise, He failed to provide a pathway for us to reach Him.It's illogical
for the Creator to go through all this
extent, only to fail at this point in
providing us a pathway to Himself.

There are three possible pathways to the Deity: pantheism, polytheism and
monotheism.

Which basic pathway is right? Pantheism sees the universe as God. For this pathway to be true, then the universe would have to be eternal. But we have seen through observable science that the universe is not eternal. It has a beginning and will one day have an end. Thus, pantheism is a false pathway to God.

Polytheism is a belief that multiple gods
created the universe. Even though this
could be true, the universe is one. In
fact, the word "uni-means one." There is
only one universe and the entire universe is subject to the same laws and
is connected to the whole. Therefore, it is more likely that only One Being created the one universe.

This means that monotheism would be
the proper pathway to God. This helps us in our search since there are only three major religions that are monotheistic:
Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All three could not be true, because they
contradict themselves at very important
points.

Of the three monotheistic religions, only
one teaches that the One God is revealed in Three Persons: Christianity. The other two agree that God is One and is revealed as One Person.
However, as I contemplate the universe,
is it possible that the Creator put His
fingerprints on the universe so we can
know what kind of God He is? The answer is yes. The universe, though it is one, is also three-dimensional.

There are three elements that make up
the universe: time, space and matter
(energy plus mass). They exist together to form the universe. Not only is the
universe made of these three trinitarian
elements, each of the elements are
made of three:

Time is made of past,present and future
Space is made of height,depth and width. Matter is made of solid, liquid and gas. This is no coincidence. It seems that the Creator put His trinitarian fingerprints on the universe so that humans would know the true religion.
Any ancient human could have seen
these three in one if they gave it much
thought. But now, through the invention of the microscope, we have discovered that even the building blocks of the universe, the atom, is made of three components: protons, electrons and neutrons. It's as if the Creator put His signature on the creation so humans could find the true religion.

Only Christianity has revealed the true
nature of God,one God in three Persons. God establish Christianity and gave us a revelation of His true Nature.

Christianity also claims that is the
fulfillment of the oldest monotheistic
religion: Judaism. In Judaism, there was
hope and expectation that the Messiah
would come to set the world right.

Christianity says that Jesus Christ is the
Messiah, and through Him the full
revelation of the Triune God was revealed.

Jesus did not want us to accept Him by
blind faith, because He said, "If anyone
chooses to do God's will, he will find out
whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own" (John 7:17). Jesus is saying that belief in Him and in His teachings will be proven true by its success. Success defined is the ability to connect with God, in addition to making people better. When people truly submit to the Lordship of Christ and follow His teachings, then they make the world around them better.

Islam cannot be taken serious because it's contradicts the true nature of God through the moral law, God who set this law will not allow man to break it easily,
Islam say if your good deed outweigh your bad deed ,Allah will forgave you. In other word, it doesent matter how much you sinned as long as you can do more good, God will forgive you. This contradicts the nature of holiness in God and this give man the right to sin even more as long as they can outweigh this sin with the good deed. I pray God open our eyes even more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by finofaya: 8:05am On Jun 01, 2015
You have expended so much energy in missing the mark.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 8:27am On Jun 01, 2015
finofaya:
You have expended so much energy in missing the mark.
are you an agnostic? You can show me were I miss the point!
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by onetrack(m): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2015
If this god just wants us to find him, he only has to reveal himself directly. No need to play games by whispering into the ears of long-dead men who called themselves prophets.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2015
onetrack:
If this god just wants us to find him, he only has to reveal himself directly. No need to play games by whispering into the ears of long-dead men who called themselves prophets.
God does not bound on human time, if you pray to God for him to revealed himself to you, you will have to be patience for that to happened. God is not restricted
to our limitations and could choose to reveal part of Himself to us. God could not reveal His entirety to us without causing major problems in our universe.
This is why the Bible
says that nobody can see God and live.
However, God could reveal His nature by communicating with humans and
sending an incarnated version of Himself. This is exactly what Christianity
claims - that God gave messages to
humans (through the prophets) and sent an incarnation of Himself (His Son), who took on the form of a human in order to interact with humans directly.

1 Like

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by Anas09: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2015
Weldone Bro Malvis. This is well researched. They will still not believe. For the Word says. The gods of the nations are idols, they have eyes but see not, they have ears, but hear not and those who worship them are like them.
I was talking with a muslim friend, he told me that christianity is a confused Faith and that only Islam is on the right track. Hmmmmm. With all I have known abt islam since I joined NL, the expositions from their koran and hadiths. If this religion is on the right track, I don't want that track. God can't possibly send a man like Mohammed. There was nothing good abt the man, and I never heard that he repented. His morals appeared not to matter to allah.
If Islam says that, if your good deeds out numbers your bad deeds, you'll enter heaven. I need a Muslim to count the good deeds of Mohammed. Or was the fact that he never did anything good made him confess that he didn't know where he was going when he dies?

3 Likes

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by wordcat(m): 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
Let him just write these words beside the moon " I Am The Lord That Giveth Live"

He will do it in such a way that I can read in my Igbo language,
A yoruba man can read it in Yoruba language
An Hausa man can read it in Huasa language
A French man can read it in French language
An English man can read it in English language
A Chinese man can read it in Chinese language

And nobody will need somebody to inteprete it for him not even the holy spirit is required to inteprete. We will all read it in our different languages.

malvisguy212:
God does not bound on human time, if you pray to God for him to revealed himself to you, you will have to be patience for that to happened. God is not restricted
to our limitations and could choose to reveal part of Himself to us. God could not reveal His entirety to us without causing major problems in our universe.
This is why the Bible
humans (through the prophets) and sent an incarnation of Himself (His Son), who took on the form of a human in order to interact with humans directly.

8 Likes

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
wordcat:
Let him just write these words beside the moon " I Am The Lord That Giveth Live"

He will do it in such a way that I can read in my Igbo language,
A yoruba man can read it in Yoruba language
An Hausa man can read it in Huasa language
A French man can read it in French language
An English man can read it in English language
A Chinese man can read it in Chinese language

And nobody will need somebody to inteprete it for him not even the holy spirit is required to inteprete. We will all read it in our different languages.

and Jesus say to her " BE IT UNTO YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH"
Do you faith that this thing will happened?

2 Likes

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2015
Anas09:
Weldone Bro Malvis. This is well researched. They will still not believe. For the Word says. The gods of the nations are idols, they have eyes but see not, they have ears, but hear not and those who worship them are like them.
I was talking with a muslim friend, he told me that christianity is a confused Faith and that only Islam is on the right track. Hmmmmm. With all I have known abt islam since I joined NL, the expositions from their koran and hadiths. If this religion is on the right track, I don't want that track. God can't possibly send a man like Mohammed. There was nothing good abt the man, and I never heard that he repented. His morals appeared not to matter to allah.
If Islam says that, if your good deeds out numbers your bad deeds, you'll enter heaven. I need a Muslim to count the good deeds of Mohammed. Or was the fact that he never did anything good made him confess that he didn't know where he was going when he dies?
Weldon my good friend.
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by An2elect2(f): 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2015
onetrack:

God reveals Himself however He wants and to whoever. Your opinion remains just that...an opinion.

The last time i checked, atheists are not seeking for God but how they can turn many against a "non-existent being"

1 Like

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by kay1one2(m): 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nice article!
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
This is why the Bible

Okay, then he/she should at least fix the messes he started. Everyone would fall in line thereafter. But, he wouldn't because he/she hates responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

Okay, then he/she should at least fix the messes he started. Everyone would fall in line thereafter. But, he wouldn't because he/she hates responsibility.
shm
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by finofaya: 11:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you an agnostic? You can show me were I miss the point!

You missed the mark everywhere, tbh. I can only address the first two paragraphs however, which fortunately contain the major errors.

The agnostic claim that God cannot be known borders on the means through which we can obtain knowledge of God. You didn't address that in your OP. You focused instead on asking why God wouldn't want to reveal himself. Skirting past the fact that you left your questions unanswered, I'm happy to point out that the agnostic claim is not affected by any supposed desire by God to reveal himself. Imagine that God is by definition invisible. Would any degree of longing on his part make us able to see him?

There is the over arching agnostic claim that it is impossible to have certainty, given that we can only attempt to confirm one subjective experience by another subjective experience.

There is also the claim that involves that nature of the alleged God. For this, we have to define "God". Being a christian, I guess your definition of "God" is an uncaused, eternal, transcendent, infinite, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent entity (among other attributes). To know that such a God exists, you have to know that it has each of those attributes, since you can't claim to know such a God if you're not sure it has all of those attributes. Let's then try to see how we can know if it has some of these attributes.

God is uncaused. In order to know that something has no cause, you have to somehow be able to observe that no events have taken place before the thing or that it could not have been the result of any event before it. It may be a failure of imagination on my part, but I don't see how you can obtain that kind of information.

God is infinite. You cannot know that an actual thing is infinite, since you will forever be on your way to finding out.

God is omnipotent. You might observe a demonstration of super human power, but you could not observe power over everything since you don't even know what constitutes "everything", to begin with.

God is omniscient. Unless you are omniscient yourself, you could not even guess, with any respectable accuracy, where any supposed limit to what God knows would lie.

God is omnipresent. You have to be everywhere and meet God all over the place to make this claim.

God is omnibenevolent. Cue omnipotence paradox.

What it boils down to is that we have limited knowledge and we can't purport to know that a being has attributes of a scope which is beyond the limits of our knowledge. Christians sometimes acknowledge this when they say that it is impossible to know or understand the extent of God, or when they speak of faith.

Given that it is these things which constitute the "extent" of God that also make up his essence (if he had them to a normal extent he wouldn't be God), I think it is not possible to know God if you cannot know or understand his extent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by MeandSum: 12:34am On Jun 02, 2015
finofaya:

You missed the mark everywhere, tbh. I can only address the first two paragraphs however, which fortunately contain the major errors.

The agnostic claim that God cannot be known borders on the means through which we can obtain knowledge of God. You didn't address that in your OP. You focused instead on asking why God wouldn't want to reveal himself. Skirting past the fact that you left your questions unanswered, I'm happy to point out that the agnostic claim is not affected by any supposed desire by God to reveal himself. Imagine that God is by definition invisible. Would any degree of longing on his part make us able to see him?

There is the over arching agnostic claim that it is impossible to have certainty, given that we can only attempt to confirm one subjective experience by another subjective experience.

I think you'll get better results explaining this to a cat. Being religious means being ignorant. they've closed all leaning avenues and blindly follow illogical scriptures that defies common sense.

5 Likes

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by 9jaforlife: 2:25am On Jun 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
[size=3pt] Agnostics will say God has abandoned his creatures,infacte,At this point, some doubters will say to me, "You said many things that are logical, and that is why I cannot say categorically that there is no God. But I'm an agnostic, because even if there is a God, I doubt we can know this Being." I have heard this argument before, but it makes no logical sense. Let me explain:

Why would a Creator go through the
trouble of making a huge universe, with
billions of galaxies containing billions of
stars, so that the proper elements of life
can exist on our side of the universe to
form life?Then the Creator goes through
the extent of putting a God- consciousness in us to make us aware of
God's existence. Then the Being giving us a conscience to feel responsibility to the Creator. Then He puts eternity in our hearts so that we cannot help but believe we will live forever. Considering all this, why would a Creator leave us alone and remain unknowable?

It is clear that since the Creator went
through all this, then He intends for us to find Him. Paul said it this way to the
Athenians:
"God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us" (Acts 17:27).

It is, therefore, logical to think that God
would provide a way for us to reach Him.
WHICH RELIGION?
This is where we come to the subject of
religion. Religion is the system by which
people try to connect with God and
ultimately make peace with Him. It's that simple.

The trouble is that if humankind starts
the system, it is doomed for failure.
Instead, God would have to set up the
religion for humans to find Him. It is
logical that if God established creation,
gave us a God-consciousness, a moral
conscience, and a consciousness of
eternity, that He intends to establish a
religion that humans could find Him and be reconciled to Him.

Agnostics would argue that it is impossible to know which,if any religion
is true. However,logic convinces me that God must establish the true religion,
otherwise, He failed to provide a pathway for us to reach Him.It's illogical
for the Creator to go through all this
extent, only to fail at this point in
providing us a pathway to Himself.

There are three possible pathways to the Deity: pantheism, polytheism and
monotheism.

Which basic pathway is right? Pantheism sees the universe as God. For this pathway to be true, then the universe would have to be eternal. But we have seen through observable science that the universe is not eternal. It has a beginning and will one day have an end. Thus, pantheism is a false pathway to God.

Polytheism is a belief that multiple gods
created the universe. Even though this
could be true, the universe is one. In
fact, the word "uni-means one." There is
only one universe and the entire universe is subject to the same laws and
is connected to the whole. Therefore, it is more likely that only One Being created the one universe.

This means that monotheism would be
the proper pathway to God. This helps us in our search since there are only three major religions that are monotheistic:
Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All three could not be true, because they
contradict themselves at very important
points.

Of the three monotheistic religions, only
one teaches that the One God is revealed in Three Persons: Christianity. The other two agree that God is One and is revealed as One Person.
However, as I contemplate the universe,
is it possible that the Creator put His
fingerprints on the universe so we can
know what kind of God He is? The answer is yes. The universe, though it is one, is also three-dimensional.

There are three elements that make up
the universe: time, space and matter
(energy plus mass). They exist together to form the universe. Not only is the
universe made of these three trinitarian
elements, each of the elements are
made of three:

Time is made of past,present and future
Space is made of height,depth and width. Matter is made of solid, liquid and gas. This is no coincidence. It seems that the Creator put His trinitarian fingerprints on the universe so that humans would know the true religion.
Any ancient human could have seen
these three in one if they gave it much
thought. But now, through the invention of the microscope, we have discovered that even the building blocks of the universe, the atom, is made of three components: protons, electrons and neutrons. It's as if the Creator put His signature on the creation so humans could find the true religion.

Only Christianity has revealed the true
nature of God,one God in three Persons. God establish Christianity and gave us a revelation of His true Nature.

Christianity also claims that is the
fulfillment of the oldest monotheistic
religion: Judaism. In Judaism, there was
hope and expectation that the Messiah
would come to set the world right.

Christianity says that Jesus Christ is the
Messiah, and through Him the full
revelation of the Triune God was revealed.

Jesus did not want us to accept Him by
blind faith, because He said, "If anyone
chooses to do God's will, he will find out
whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own" (John 7:17). Jesus is saying that belief in Him and in His teachings will be proven true by its success. Success defined is the ability to connect with God, in addition to making people better. When people truly submit to the Lordship of Christ and follow His teachings, then they make the world around them better. [/size]

Islam cannot be taken serious because it's contradicts the true nature of God through the moral law, God who set this law will not allow man to break it easily,

So, Christians don't break their tri-god's moral laws

They break all known laws in the buyboo- they eat swine, commit fornication and adultery, steal, lie (as you're doing right now)............. You name it, they do it!

Islam say if your good deed outweigh your bad deed ,Allah will forgave you. In other word, it doesent matter how much you sinned as long as you can do more good, God will forgive you.

The bold part is the point. Irrespective of religion, it's impossible for man to be free of sin, hence, judgement is based on measurement.

Allah is All-Knowing, this doesn't mean He will give a man the chance to be a good AND bad person at the same time- this is impossible. The soul naturally tends to one direction, either good or evil.

So, since you're criticizing Allah for accepting higher good/lower sin, tell me, HOW will the tri-god judge christians?? Or, he expects you to NEVER commit a single sin? Or, are you automatically condemned to hell if you sin?

This contradicts the nature of holiness in God and this give man the right to sin even more as long as they can outweigh this sin with the good deed. I pray God open our eyes even more.

You're terribly confused regarding the underlined.

In Islam, actions are judged according to intentions. If you do evil on purpose, with the intention that you will do good to neutralize it, that good action is void, your intention has invalidated it.

Allah does NOT encourage evil in any way, rather, He only gives hope of redemption to the sinners. He is Al-Ghaffur- The Most Forgiving

This is surprising, coming from a follower of a tri-god, who killed his son, used the blood of this one son to cleanse the sins of billions? What a terrible way to do justice!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by Empiree: 2:36am On Jun 02, 2015
9jaforlife:

[size=3pt]So, Christians don't break their tri-god's moral laws

They break all known laws in the buyboo- they eat swine, commit fornication and adultery, steal, lie (as you're doing right now)............. You name it, they do it!

The enlarged part is the point. Irrespective of religion, it's impossible for man to be free of sin, hence, judgement is based on measurement.

Allah is All-Knowing, this doesn't mean He will give a man the chance to be a good AND bad person at the same time- this is impossible.

InIslam, actions are judged according to intentions. If you do evil on purpose, with the intention that you will do good to neutralize it, that good action is void, your intention has invalidated it.

Allah does NOT encourage evil in any way, rather, He only gives hope of redemption to the sinners. He is Al-Gaffur.

This is surprising, coming from a follower of a tri-god, who killed his son, used the blood of this one son to cleanse the sins of billions? What a terrible way to do justice!!
[/size]
Following patterns of debates with Christians since January, when malvisguy2012 said

God who set this law will not allow man to break it easily,

The question is which Law is he talking about?. Most Christians have virtually denied Old Laws. They all claimed Jesus have redeemed them therefore it's not necessary to follow Mosaic Law according to them. So which Law is he talking about here. They dont follow anything anymore. They have rendered Christianity a law-free religion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2015
finofaya:

There is also the claim that involves that nature of the alleged God. For this, we have to define "God". Being a christian, I guess your definition of "God" is an uncaused, eternal, transcendent, infinite, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent entity (among other attributes). To know that such a God exists, you have to know that it has each of those attributes, since you can't claim to know such a God if you're not sure it has all of those attributes. Let's then try to see how we can know if it has some of these attributes.

God is uncaused. In order to know that something has no cause, you have to somehow be able to observe that no events have taken place before the thing or that it could not have been the result of any event before it. It may be a failure of imagination on my part, but I don't see how you can obtain that kind of information.

God is infinite. You cannot know that an actual thing is infinite, since you will forever be on your way to finding out.

God is omnipotent. You might observe a demonstration of super human power, but you could not observe power over everything since you don't even know what constitutes "everything", to begin with.

God is omniscient. Unless you are omniscient yourself, you could not even guess, with any respectable accuracy, where any supposed limit to what God knows would lie.

God is omnipresent. You have to be everywhere and meet God all over the place to make this claim.

God is omnibenevolent. Cue omnipotence paradox.

What it boils down to is that we have limited knowledge and we can't purport to know that a being has attributes of a scope which is beyond the limits of our knowledge. Christians sometimes acknowledge this when they say that it is impossible to know or understand the extent of God, or when they speak of faith.

Given that it is these things which constitute the "extent" of God that also make up his essence (if he had them to a normal extent he wouldn't be God), I think it is not possible to know God if you cannot know or understand his extent.
I have read many agnostics claimed here on nairaland,many say God,if he exist will not or abandoned his creatures,this is not the only thread I've open concerning agnostics and I made the same comment which no one deny. Infacte in your explanation of "God is uncaused" your explanation indicate that it is impossible for man to know what happened outside time. science cannot make measurements outside this universe.

The op do not say God is a christian God, God create ALL creatures and give them the power of choice and the purpose of God creating human, is for us to love him or reject him, without this choice no one can claimed he love God, hence the freewill and many other religion. most of you explanation of the nature of God is way out of line, you say God is omnipresent in this case human has to be everywhere to make this claimed, is this how the bible defined the omnipresent of God? No, God must exist in more than three dimensions of space and one dimension of time The Bible says the universe cannot contain God indicating He must exist and operate in dimensions of space and time other than those to which we are confined.

God is omniscient:
Titus 1:2
in the hope of eternal life, which God,
who does NOT LIE , promised before the
beginning of time,
Hebrew 6:8
God did this so that, by two
unchangeable things in which it is IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE , we who have
fled to take hold of the hope set before
us may be greatly encouraged.
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2015
9jaforlife:

So, Christians don't break their tri-god's moral laws

The bold part is the point. Irrespective of religion, it's impossible for man to be free of sin, hence, judgement is based on measurement.

Allah is All-Knowing, this doesn't mean He will give a man the chance to be a good AND bad person at the same time- this is impossible. The soul naturally tends to one direction, either good or evil.

So, since you're criticizing Allah for accepting higher good/lower sin, tell me, HOW will the tri-god judge christians?? Or, he expects you to NEVER commit a single sin? Or, are you automatically condemned to hell if you sin?

In Islam, actions are judged according to intentions. If you do evil on purpose, with the intention that you will do good to neutralize it, that good action is void, your intention has invalidated it.

Allah does NOT encourage evil in any way, rather, He only gives hope of redemption to the sinners. He is Al-Ghaffur- The Most Forgiving

you see this thread ? https://www.nairaland.com/2291243/muhammeds-doctrine-sin-what-does
None of your muslims brothers were able to tell me how sin is being atoned for. You need a serious lessons on the purification of sin in Christianity.
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by vedaxcool(m): 7:45am On Jun 02, 2015
If I were the op I will stick to were (his) core competency lies, i.e. lying against Islam and slandering Muslims than attempting to look intelligent!

1 Like

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by frank317: 8:04am On Jun 02, 2015
If God exist... Do we need to find him? You are talking about the creator here. If God exists there will be no doubt of his existence in the heart of anybody and there will be no need for religion to reach him. We will just know and his existence will be as normal as the existence of my best friend.

The fact that you are here trying to convince us he exists makes the existence of the Almighty creator a tricky one

2 Likes

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by finofaya: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2015
Agnostics, like many other people, have indeed said that God has no interest in us, if it exists. This is a secondary claim, and you can only properly deal with it after you have established that there is a knowable God. You can't know that God is interested in you if you don't know what God is.

Do you have an explanation of "uncaused" that makes it possible for man to know what happened outside time?

Yes, the Bible says God exists everywhere, by default. The issue is, when you are faced with an entity claiming to be God, how do you check for or confirm its omnipresence?

I'll just ignore the Bible quotes.

malvisguy212:
I have read many agnostics claimed here on nairaland,many say God,if he exist will not or abandoned his creatures,this is not the only thread I've open concerning agnostics and I made the same comment which no one deny. Infacte in your explanation of "God is uncaused" your explanation indicate that it is impossible for man to know what happened outside time. science cannot make measurements outside this universe.
The op do not say God is a christian God, God create ALL creatures and give them the power of choice and the purpose of God creating human, is for us to love him or reject him, without this choice no one can claimed he love God, hence the freewill and many other religion. most of you explanation of the nature of God is way out of line, you say God is omnipresent in this case human has to be everywhere to make this claimed, is this how the bible defined the omnipresent of God? No, God must exist in more than three dimensions of space and one dimension of time The Bible says the universe cannot contain God indicating He must exist and operate in dimensions of space and time other than those to which we are confined.

2 Likes

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by Leonidas1: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2015
frank317:
If God exist... Do we need to find him? You are talking about the creator here. If God exists there will be no doubt of his existence in the heart of anybody and there will be no need for religion to reach him. We will just know and his existence will be as normal as the existence of my best friend.

The fact that you are here trying to convince us he exists makes the existence of the Almighty creator a tricky one
smh. God forgive u
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by frank317: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2015
Leonidas1:

smh. God forgive u

Again if God exists would you be speaking for him? Will be the one telling him to forgive me?

Wouldn't he have replied himself by saying, "I forgive you."

God does not forgive... It is only a human attribute.you can't tell something invisible to forgive me... That is only a wish talk.

3 Likes

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by Leonidas1: 8:39am On Jun 02, 2015
frank317:

Again if God exists would you be speaking for him? Will be the one telling him to forgive me?

Wouldn't he have replied himself by saying, "I forgive you."

God does not forgive... It is only a human attribute.you can't tell something invisible to forgive me... That is only a wish talk.
So u believe u have to see God to believe he exists? He's a spirit, bro. anything in the spirit realms are beyond us. He lives and He has proven that to all of us. I can't compel u to read the bible, cos i know ur an atheist, but if u do, u would have no reason arguing with me
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 8:46am On Jun 02, 2015
finofaya:
Agnostics, like many other people, have indeed said that God has no interest in us, if it exists. This is a secondary claim, and you can only properly deal with it after you have established that there is a knowable God. You can't know that God is interested in you if you don't know what God is.

Do you have an explanation of "uncaused" that makes it possible for man to know what happened outside time?

Yes, the Bible says God exists everywhere, by default. The issue is, when you are faced with an entity claiming to be God, how do you check for or confirm its omnipresence?

I'll just ignore the Bible quotes.

good, you adress the first claimed of agnostics. You know what I notice in your post? You want to worship a God who can have a personal relationship with you, and can communicate with you the way you choose. You see my friends, in the bible we read how the prophet pray and the next verse will tell you God answer there prayer and revealed himself to them, the truth of the matter is that the God did not just straight away answer there prayer, one thing you should know is that the bible was not written as a STORY book, it was written on how human can have personal relationship with God, bible say adam HEARED the footsteps of God in the garden, what does this mean? It mean God and man were very close to each other before the fall. This is what God want from us, we should know HIM.

I don't have explanation of what happened before God began creation, but what I do know is that God is a spirit(john 4:24) spirit don't play by the rule or time of human . when you read the claimed of other gods, you will notice there claimed is similar but the different is there nature. This is not a coincidence.
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2015
frank317:

a very lazy atheist.
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by finofaya: 9:03am On Jun 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
good, you adress the first claimed of agnostics. You know what I notice in your post? You want to worship a God who can have a personal relationship with you, and can communicate with you the way you choose. You see my friends, in the bible we read how the prophet pray and the next verse will tell you God answer there prayer and revealed himself to them, the truth of the matter is that the God did not just straight away answer there prayer, one thing you should know is that the bible was not written as a STORY book, it was written on how human can have personal relationship with God, bible say adam HEARED the footsteps of God in the garden, what does this mean? It mean God and man were very close to each other before the fall. This is what God want from us, we should know HIM.

I don't have explanation of what happened before God began creation, but what I do know is that God is a spirit(john 4:24) spirit don't play by the rule or time of human . when you read the claimed of other gods, you will notice there claimed is similar but the different is there nature. This is not a coincidence.

angry angry. Why you dey fall hand?

1 Like

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by malvisguy212: 9:13am On Jun 02, 2015
finofaya:

angry angry. Why you dey fall hand?
my hand they up before?
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by frank317: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2015
Leonidas1:

So u believe u have to see God to believe he exists? He's a spirit, bro. anything in the spirit realms are beyond us. He lives and He has proven that to all of us. I can't compel u to read the bible, cos i know ur an atheist, but if u do, u would have no reason arguing with me

There he goes again... See how u contradict yourself.

- God is spirit
- and anything spirit is beyond
- he has proven himself to us all.

Lol

What is spirit? Since it is beyond us, how did you know it? What do u know about it? Are spirits real only in pages of the bible?

How can he say he has proven himself to us all? If he has proven himself to me why then are we all here? Why don't I still know he exists? Why does the op need to open this thread if God has proven himself to me or to us all.

The bible? I have read the bible but I guess I didn't read it the special way it could be read. I don't believe the bibe is the word of God. I don't believe any God is a writer. If humans say God inspired them to write the bible a long time ago, why must I believe it? Why don't you believe the same God inspired Mohammed to write the Koran?

I have every reason to argue with you. Bring it on

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by Leonidas1: 9:40am On Jun 02, 2015
frank317:

There he goes again... See how u contradict yourself.

- God is spirit
- and anything spirit is beyond
- he has proven himself to us all.

Lol

What is spirit? Since it is beyond us, how did you know it? What do u know about it? Are spirits real only in pages of the bible?

How can he say he has proven himself to us all? If he has proven himself to me why then are we all here? Why don't I still know he exists? Why does the op need to open this thread if God has proven himself to me or to us all.

The bible? I have read the bible but I guess I didn't read it the special way it could be read. I don't believe the bibe is the word of God. I don't believe any God is a writer. If humans say God inspired them to write the bible a long time ago, why must I believe it? Why don't you believe the same God inspired Mohammed to write the Koran?

I have every reason to argue with you. Bring it on
unfortunately, arguing won't solve the problem. But, here, i have a few words.
1. spirits don't only exist in the bible.
even before the emergence of christianity and islam in africa, our forefathers had always been inclined to spiritism. some worshiped idols carved out from stones or woods. others worshiped the gods and goddesses of the seas. and u know what, it actually worked for them!

2. today, people still practice spiritism all over the world. u know that, i'm not supposed to be telling u. if it doesn't work for them, they won't be practicing it? most times, sacrifices and offerings are made to appease these spirits.

3. Christians have come to believe that Almighty God is the highest among these spirits through the provision of the holy bible.

4. The bible states that God is a spirit, no eye can see him.

5. The bible also speaks of Christ, God's son, who came down on earth to atone for the sins of mankind by sacrificing his life. The existence of Jesus on earth has been confirmed even by non-Christians. Many other bible prophecies have come to pass, especially those related to the last days. We see them, we feel them. These prophecies were made thousands of years ago.

6 And so, we believe what we read in the bible.
Re: Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! by wordcat(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2015
9jaforlife:

HOW will the tri-god judge christians?? Or, he expects you to NEVER commit a single sin? Or, are you automatically condemned to hell if you sin?

Every christian is a hell fire candidate except those that their god wants to show mercy and they're very few in number.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Pastor Caught In A Scandal As Her S#x Video Goes Viral (watch Video) / Today Is Family Weekend In Rccg&what Is Missing In Our Family Today? / Speaking In Tongues: How Was Your First Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.