Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. (6917 Views)

My Lhasa Pup Survived PARVO Virus / My Boerboel Just Littered 17pups / Hurray.. My Boerboel Just Littered 8 Pups, Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 9:35am On Jun 01, 2015
...sad story as im still mourning my lhasa sad

I got a call on friday morning that my lhasa is dead...apparently she was killed by another dog cos she wasnt sick. i rushed back home to find my lhasa dead right in my room. the suspect was staring at me on one corner of my room.

i stood there for over 30minutes looking at the corpse, remembering how the lovely baby would have been jumping around welcoming me home, how she jumps on my bed to wake me up and all, meanwhile the suspect was still gazing.

i stepped in to investigate the actual cause of death. the room was indeed in a mess which made me realise it was a really tough fight. everything was scattered, blood spill everywhere. one other thing was heavy hip of poop in 3 different places in my room, which is quite unusual.

a closer look at the corpse, her bones were really crushed, her neck was ok. she definitely died of internal bleeding.

immediately i looked up, the suspect ran to me, sat in my front and gave the usual Hi-Five she gives when i come home. i stopped for a moment.....then i took the shake, cos her hand was hanging. she continued jubilating until i asked..."princess whats making you happy?"..she then returned to her corner and didnt come out until i left.

WHAT CAUSED THEIR FATAL ARGUMENT?

There was no food on the ground that would have caused their fight, my boerboel doesnt joke with her food so i only feed them when im around and supervise until they have finished their meal, clear up the plates.

The poop in my room would have made me suspect she was seeking attention. FYI my boerboel never poops in my room. even when i leave home for a whole day. i think she was trying to tell me if i dont have time for her she'll create it by looking for my trouble. thats understood, but why kill the poor dog?

the lhasa came in early april, i got her cos i needed something homely, something more feminine for the whole house. and lhasas are the only long haired dogs i can cope with, i have an allergy(pet dander) so im very careful with breeds.

after the lhasa came in, the whole house seems to have forgotten there was a dog or there are dogs before the lhasa came in. the lhasa even made things worse. she goes to meet anyone who comes, gets all the touch and attention...or rather steals them. i guess my boerboel had a beef for her and friday was just a good day to pour sh*t out.

All along theyve been fine together, i leave the house and come back home the next day and they were still fine....until friday.

The lhasa loves to bark when she hears something, so she might have been barking and big aunty said its alright but she didnt listen...

LESSON TO BE LEARNT...

Always remember to share your attention accross all your dogs. when a new dog comes in, this is the best time to show the old dog even more attention.

Never trust a dog with young dogs or little kids. a dog can be fine this minute and angry the next. they can live well for a year and become enemies a day. dogs remember things and are known to revenge.

Lesson I learnt.

Forgiving without getting apology. this is one big lesson my dogs taught me.

4 Likes

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by CrazyScientist: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2015
This is super story....

A life of strife and sorrows...

And a fish strike and nurus die of thirst...

This is super story...

Gidim, gun guchi kun.....!

THIS IS (SUPER STORY) 3x!

(Repeat) ...Good food and housing....

Somebody should complete it grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2015
CrazyScientist:
This is super story....

A life of strife and sorrows...

And a fish strike and nurus die of thirst...

This is super story...

Gidim, gun guchi kun.....!

Somebody should complete it grin

yo ass didnt even read shii
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by CrazyScientist: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2015
Prodeegee:

yo ass didnt even read shii

I read shii grin

SUMMARY Boerboel kills Ihasa due to jealousy... grin

I also have a Boerboel... tongue

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by CrazyScientist: 9:48am On Jun 01, 2015
The name of my Boerboel is 'Bowe-Bowe'... grin

2 Likes

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by CrazyScientist: 9:53am On Jun 01, 2015
My Lhasa... the name of my lhasa is Lincoln... cause he looks like Abraham Lincoln lipsrsealed grin

3 Likes

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2015
CrazyScientist:

I read shii grin

SUMMARY Boerboel kills Ihasa due to jealousy... grin

I also have a Boerboel... tongue

lol
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2015
rip

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by blasiangurl85(f): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2015
So sorry about your loss. It's really painful to come home to something like that. Could it be because they were both female? I had two male lhasa apso's and had similar problem of them always fighting. It used to get bloody. In the end I had to give them out to separate people because it was becoming too much. I still see them and I know they are both happier now.

@crazyscientist your pic is a fake.

4 Likes

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by CrazyScientist: 10:27am On Jun 01, 2015
blasiangurl85:
So sorry about your loss. It's really painful to come home to something like that. Could it be because they were both female? I had two male lhasa apso's and had similar problem of them always fighting. It used to get bloody. In the end I had to give them out to separate people because it was becoming too much. I still see them and I know they are both happier now.

angry
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 10:30am On Jun 01, 2015
blasiangurl85:

its possible...but if that was the reason i would have seen signs of anger before now. and theyd have been having a urine contest. but im not ruling out the fact that it might be the cause.

i actually wanted to give the cutie to my trishap, but she cant keep dogs yet sad

prove her wrong by showing us more pics...and i hope the allegations arent true
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by winetapper: 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
Prodeegee:

its possible...but if that was the reason i would have seen signs of anger before now. and theyd have been having a urine contest. but im not ruling out the fact that it might be the cause.

i actually wanted to give the cutie to my trishap, but she cant keep dogs yet sad

prove her wrong by showing us more pics...and i hope the allegations arent true
alright boss would yield to your advice.. Maybe i want the best of my new dog like growing fast and all that.. even the Mongrel be giving me d have mercy on me look..
And the new puppy is very greedy.. He would eat from the mongrels plate even if he is filled up he would just that dere and charge at the mongrel.. Not until the mongrel grabed the puppy by its neck.. in summary make the love you show your your dogs equal.. It affects its behaviour somehow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
Sorry about the dead dog, but I think you're being way too emotional to analyze it properly.
Dogs, as much as we love to treat them like they're humans are still DOGS, Animals! Territoriality was what caused the death of the Lhasa and the size played a major role in the fight.

Next time, try getting dogs that are about the same size like a GSD + Boerboel or a Bull mastiff + Rotweiler. The next fight will just end up in a couple of bites and scratches to the face and each dog will respect himself afterwards.

Unless you're raising 2 different sized dogs together from puppies, its not such a good idea.

2 Likes

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2015
nairalandist:
Sorry about the dead dog, but I think you're being way too emotional to analyze it properly.
Dogs, as much as we love to treat them like they're humans are still DOGS, Animals! Territoriality was what caused the death of the Lhasa and the size played a major role in the fight.

Next time, try getting dogs that are about the same size like a GSD + Boerboel or a Bull mastiff + Rotweiler. The next fight will just end up in a couple of bites and scratches to the face and each dog will respect himself afterwards.

Unless you're raising 2 different sized dogs together from puppies, its not such a good idea.

Lol...it's obvious you donthave a dog. Or you have not seen bigdogs fight

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by arcbay(m): 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2015
So sorry about your loss bro...Be rest assured, she's in a better place right now...You need to critically investigate the real cause of this so as to prevent a future occurrence. Take heart bro

2 Likes

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
Prodeegee:

Lol...it's obvious you donthave a dog. Or you have not seen bigdogs fight

Okay, whatever you say boss.
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by knyte(m): 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
Like blasiangurl85 said it cld b a possibility of same sex and the fact that maybe the lhasa encroached into the other dog's space. Sorry for d loss bro

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by TrishaP(f): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
So sad! cry

Such a cute puppy.

She would have fit me perfectly good. smiley

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2015
TrishaP:
So sad! cry

Such a cute puppy.

She would have fit me perfectly good. smiley

sad
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Coldplay007(f): 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
Eeyah! What a fine dog..
My condolences...

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Coldplay007:
Eeyah! What a fine dog..
My condolences...

Thanks maam
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by TrishaP(f): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
Prodeegee:

sad
Why the face?

I'm Sorry about our dog.

Now put a smile on that face smiley
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
TrishaP:

Why the face?

I'm Sorry about our dog.

Now put a smile on that face smiley

smiley thanks babe
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
arcbay:
So sorry about your loss bro...Be rest assured, she's in a better place right now...You need to critically investigate the real cause of this so as to prevent a future occurrence. Take heart bro

Thnx bro
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 02, 2015
sorry for the loss bro

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by uchpanila(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
sorry for the loss bro, My condolences! I surely learnt something from your story, thanks

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by uchpanila(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
nairalandist:

you surely have not witnessed a dog fight

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Vikkiboi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
Eyah, so sorry for the Loss bro sad

What a lovely and cute dog

Pls try and punish the other dog jor angry

Don't ask me how pls lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Prodeegee(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
CrazyScientist:
The name of my Boerboel is 'Bowe-Bowe'... grin

Did u run away?
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by chucky234(m): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
nairalandist:

Its better to have a small breed dog fight a large breed dog because most large breed dogs pity the small breed dog and walk away growling, but having two large breed dogs fight is certainly not something you want to witness. Imagine an adult caucasian fight adult pitbull, hmmm even Prodeegee dare not get close let alone putting them apart.
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by chucky234(m): 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
Eeya, sorry oooo
Accept my condolenc
e
Re: So My Boerboel Killed My Lhasa + Lesson To Be Learnt From This Incident. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
chucky234:
Its better to have a small breed dog fight a large breed dog because most large breed dogs pity the small breed dog and walk away growling, but having two large breed dogs fight is certainly not something you want to witness. Imagine an adult caucasian fight adult pitbull, hmmm even Prodeegee dare not get close let alone putting them apart.

Well that's a good point. But from my perspective, that dog of his is a bully and that seems like the best solution. Imagine him buying a Chihuahua and the same.thing happens. . . So I think the case of animal bullying deserves a counter approach.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aquariums / ... / Bullmastiffs,Bullmastiffs,Bullmastiffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.