Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. (2021 Views)

Eberechi Suzzette Wike: "I Belong To The Kitchen, I Also Belong To Court Room" / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal / Conspiracies Against President Jonathan - Dr Odinaka Chukwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by OboloMAN: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2015
ACCORDING TO THE MERRIAM-WEBSTER ONLINE
DICTIONARY, TO "PLAGIARIZE" MEANS

▶to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
▶To use (another's production) without crediting the source
▶To commit literary theft
▶To present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

If that be the case President Buhari should be Charged for using Erics Burdons "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody" without crediting the Source.

The said quote Credited to buhari was gotten from the lyrics of Eric Burdons 1971 track "Out Of Nowhere"

See the full lyrics below

http://www.artists.letssingit.com/eric-burdon-and-war-lyrics-out-of-nowhere-x9wn2gq
Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by SHARIAREPORTERS: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2015
Na just tinubu I pity Buhari used d man and now he wants to dump him Its pay back time for forming alliance wif jonathan in 2011 Fulani people no dhe forgive sins

7 Likes

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by POPdecorator: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2015
If i click that link make buhari slap me

2 Likes

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by OboloMAN: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2015
Lyrics

Who is the clown?
Who is the fool?
which one knows that he is blame?
and which one is last in the game?

I can hear the voice, why can they?
I am glad i wasn't born into your world,
It would be sad to be born into a world that does not
believe in love anymore.

I'm not wrong
They say, they understand me.
But i can't stand to be understood.

I like for people to like me
But they can't understand why i don't belong to
anyone.

who am i?
I'm all of you
I belong to everyone
Because i belong to no one

In my World, there is no time
Time is being born and dying
Beyond time is living without being afraid
Without trying to catch someone or run away from so
many.

you can't get away from alone
You have to be alone before you can find other
people
You can't hold on to life
You can only touch it

How old is forever?
When is too old to hope?

You're tired and i am not.
You live against time and i have time to live.

In my World, nothing has always been,
So, nothing will always be.
In my World, we can still believe in hope
If you believe in forever, you build a wall around the
Now what is, is always changing
If it isn't then we are dying.

I live in a notion of time
Where the past is lost in the future
There is time for everything
There is time to love
To hope,
To change.
Nobody knows me now...
Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by cozy7(m): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2015
When will u PDP guys leave GMB alone? He simply meant to say he's not anyone's puppet....especially Tinubu.
Let leave this dictionary thing n allow d honest man rule peacefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by Justpassingby45(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2015
Make una no blame him na!
Blame dis 1 on Tinubu who force a certificatless man from daura on us (me exclusive)

5 Likes

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by xcolanto(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2015
Damn! grin oh no he didn't! angry
The dura herdsman ought to have taken the steps of obj and went to school before running for president. Now look at the embrassment we have to deal with on a daily basis. cry

Finally babaonechance has taken cluelessness to a whole different level! Shame! What a waste of space in aso rock undecided

3 Likes

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by UncleLondon: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2015
It is not a long uncommon sentence. Anyone could have said "He belongs to no one, but everyone" without ever having a fore knowledge someone sang it in a song. It's just like saying what goes up must come down must always be credited to Isaac Newton. You don't have to cite or credit anyone if a saying has become a "common knowledge"

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by ComradeAbu(m): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2015
Haters go and die. Plagiarism or whatever is non my business. The message has been passed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by OboloMAN: 11:15am On Jun 01, 2015
cozy7:
When will u PDP guys leave GMB alone? He simply meant to say he's not anyone's puppet....especially Tinubu.

He should @ least give credit to Eric Bourdon ,

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by perculiarperson: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2015
You will definitely know what he meant when he said it! Because you were in his mind schwww... In fact you must have been the one who wrote that piece for him....

Nonsesne!

Will you shut up there and give everyone the opportunity to air their minds.

The point is that his speech writer got that from somewhere and should have given due credit to the author... period!

cozy7:

3 Likes

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2015
Op, you want Buhari charged right? Then charge him.. why notifying us? undecided

Mtcheeeww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by OboloMAN: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
UncleLondon:
It is not a long uncommon sentence. Anyone could have said "He belongs to no one, but everyone" without ever having a fore knowledge someone sang it in a song. It's just like saying what goes up must come down must always be credited to Isaac Newton. You don't have to cite or credit anyone if a saying has become a "common knowledge"

This very one was gotten from the above song and credit should be given to him and not buhari

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by dat9jaguy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
OboloMAN:

This very one was gotten from the above song and credit should be given to him and not buhari

Ok we don hear.Now as a good citizen sue him or forever hold your peace.
ITK (I too know).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by garrix8: 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2015
M0R0NS have taken over Nairaland. Where did these fools come from??
cool

1 Like

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by oshorstan(f): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2016
Wat a shame.. The song is on tubidy.com
Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by rozayx5(m): 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
BUhari Speeches should be checked by the CIA and M16

before being published

the dunce is a big fraud

2 Likes

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by chrisblack: 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
OboloMAN:
Lyrics

Who is the clown?
Who is the fool?
which one knows that he is blame?
and which one is last in the game?

I can hear the voice, why can they?
I am glad i wasn't born into your world,
It would be sad to be born into a world that does not
believe in love anymore.

I'm not wrong
They say, they understand me.
But i can't stand to be understood.

I like for people to like me
But they can't understand why i don't belong to
anyone.

who am i?
I'm all of you
I belong to everyone
Because i belong to no one

In my World, there is no time
Time is being born and dying
Beyond time is living without being afraid
Without trying to catch someone or run away from so
many.

you can't get away from alone
You have to be alone before you can find other
people
You can't hold on to life
You can only touch it

How old is forever?
When is too old to hope?

You're tired and i am not.
You live against time and i have time to live.

In my World, nothing has always been,
So, nothing will always be.
In my World, we can still believe in hope
If you believe in forever, you build a wall around the
Now what is, is always changing
If it isn't then we are dying.

I live in a notion of time
Where the past is lost in the future
There is time for everything
There is time to love
To hope,
To change.
Nobody knows me now...
the way you guys go about all this your rubbish is funny.did your man created any of those words. if so I guess every word spoken or written needs permission. so I can't write or tell some one I belong to nobody. fuuny lots.I guess many on naira land would be sued for expressing them selves using same words already said by some one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by blackpanda: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
My dear get a grip! No be dis one we de talk nw. Who plagiarism ep?
Re: Plagiarism : "I Belong To Nobody " A Case Against President Buhari. by Pureheart91(m): 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hehe na Laughta be dis one ooo...

Well, i don't blame PMB for the wide spread critics he's getting now; rememba he used this tool against GEJ....

APC i hope its now clear to u about the saying "the towel u used in cleaning ur gluteal minimum would also be used in wiping off ur face"...

"What you sow, you shall Reap"

tongue APC

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Helicopter Crash: More Dead Bodies Recovered (pictures) / Buhari Appoints SGF, Chief Of Staff, Others / Saraki And Melaye Promise HELLISH Screening For Ministerial nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.