Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

This Man Made God Called God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Man Made God Called God (2058 Views)

When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / A Man Of God Called Rain Down During A Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Man Made God Called God by ajadrage: 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2009
[quote author=toneyb link=topic=235126.msg3499961#msg3499961 date=1235318352][/quote]Thank you for espousing the contradictions in religion, but the question remains, how did we get here? Is there a reason for our being here? Why do we die? Is our existence just based on a few decades of life and then eternal oblivion? Is the earth a design and if so, who is the designer? Is it beyond the comprehension of humans to understand existence, do we expect some rational explanation someday, and if so, who might give this explanation without controversy?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by toneyb: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2009
ajadrage:
Thank you for espousing the contradictions in religion, but the question remains, how did we get here? Is there a reason for our being here? Why do we die? Is our existence just based on a few decades of life and then eternal oblivion? Is the earth a design and if so, who is the designer? Is it beyond the comprehension of humans to understand existence, do we expect some rational explanation someday, and if so, who might give this explanation without controversy?

The answer is i dont know people are still finding that out, there was a time people worshiped the sun and others worshipped the moon, people knew nothing about the sun back then but now we now that the movement of the earth around the sun is responsible for season and the movemnt of the earth on its own causes day and night. People used to worship rainbows etc. I would rather say that i dont know than to declear that the world was created as it is written in genesis. The truht is that the world NEVER came into existance the way it was described in genesis, i know many christians that find the concept of creation as stated in genesis hard to accept. there are two different creation accounts in genesis that do not agree with each other
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2009
Q1-How did we get here
A = Through the manifestation of the universal consciousness.

Q2 - Is there a reason for our being here?
A= Yes.The reason we are here is to evolve spiritually,as well as to experience what this existence has to offer so as to take with us the knowledge acquired back to the universal consciousness.

Q3 -Why do we die?
A = See death as a way of refreshing the universal consciousness.We die to be reborn again.In truth,we never die because we were never born.You and i are just the physical manifestations one infinite being or consciousness. You and i are the infinite being.

Q4 - Is our existence just based on a few decades of life and then eternal oblivion?
A = No.

Q5 - Is the earth a design and if so, who is the designer?
A = The entire physical universe and all that is in it is a design,and the designer is the universal consciousness,what is also called the pure state of the creator God.

A6 - Is it beyond the comprehension of humans to understand existence, do we expect some rational explanation someday, and if so, who might give this explanation without controversy?
A = No,it is not beyond human comprehension to understand existence because in certain cultures it is and has been well understood for millenia.The time that we will all be able to comprehend this existence is when mankind would have reached the spiritual state of "christ consciousness", and i am not talking religion here,don't misunderstand me.Christ consciousness is a state of spiritual awakening,a state of total enlightenment.That age is already upon us and the secrets of this existence are flowing out in floods.
toneyb:
Thank you for espousing the contradictions in religion, but the question remains, how did we get here? Is there a reason for our being here? Why do we die? Is our existence just based on a few decades of life and then eternal oblivion? Is the earth a design and if so, who is the designer? Is it beyond the comprehension of humans to understand existence, do we expect some rational explanation someday, and if so, who might give this explanation without controversy?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:58pm On Feb 22, 2009
jagunlabi:

Q1-How did we get here
A = Through the manifestation of the universal consciousness.

Q2 - Is there a reason for our being here?
A= Yes.The reason we are here is to evolve spiritually,as well as to experience what this existence has to offer so as to take with us the knowledge acquired back to the universal consciousness.

Q3 -Why do we die?
A = See death as a way of refreshing the universal consciousness.We die to be reborn again.In truth,we never die because we were never born.You and i are just the physical manifestations one infinite being or consciousness. You and i are the infinite being.

Q4 - Is our existence just based on a few decades of life and then eternal oblivion?
A = No.

Q5 - Is the earth a design and if so, who is the designer?
A = The entire physical universe and all that is in it is a design,and the designer is the universal consciousness,what is also called the pure state of the creator God.

A6 - Is it beyond the comprehension of humans to understand existence, do we expect some rational explanation someday, and if so, who might give this explanation without controversy?
A = No,it is not beyond human comprehension to understand existence because in certain cultures it is and has been well understood for millenia.The time that we will all be able to comprehend this existence is when mankind would have reached the spiritual state of "christ consciousness", and i am not talking religion here,don't misunderstand me.Christ consciousness is a state of spiritual awakening,a state of total enlightenment.That age is already upon us and the secrets of this existence are flowing out in floods.

Wow dude you have outdone yourself here, is there any shred of evidence you have to backup what you posted?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by bawomolo(m): 2:27am On Feb 23, 2009
what exactly do you mean by spiritual conciousness
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2009
The enlightened state of consciousness,of awareness.A state that transcends all the limitations of religious beliefs and sees the true nature of man and his place in the universe.That sort of thing.
bawomolo:

what exactly do you mean by spiritual conciousness
Re: This Man Made God Called God by ajadrage: 12:35am On Feb 24, 2009
jagunlabi:
The entire physical universe and all that is in it is a design,and the designer is the universal consciousness,what is also called the pure state of the creator God.
At least, I can identify with this. Now, if I may ask, does this creator God exist as a nameless entity? If he does, how do we acknowledge him in creation? And if he does have a name, won't it be proper for one to identify with that name, knowing the very significance of names in the cultures and orientations of physical and metaphysical existence?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2009
Yes,it exists as a nameless entity.The creator God does not need any name,but man only needs to give names to the formless in his attempts to anthropomorphise the intangible,the formless,in order to worship it. Giving a universal consciousness that is formless a name is creating a graven image for your mind,and we are not supposed to do that.We are meant to leave the creator in it's pure and formless state.Creating a graven image of the universal consciousness creates divisive religions(christianity,islam,judaism,etc) with their inherent problems that we are all too famiar with today.
ajadrage:

At least, I can identify with this. Now, if I may ask, does this creator God exist as a nameless entity? If he does, how do we acknowledge him in creation? And if he does have a name, won't it be proper for one to identify with that name, knowing the very significance of names in the cultures and orientations of physical and metaphysical existence?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by Image123(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2009
I see the athiests and unbelievers are having a good time.Let me walk away.
Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalms 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
Re: This Man Made God Called God by ajadrage: 6:22pm On Feb 25, 2009
Image123:
I see the athiests and unbelievers are having a good time.Let me walk away.Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 7:11  God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
Do not misunderstand, I am trying to distinguish here between the "God" that men serve and the one true creator. It is obvious that you are a christian, what is the name that you call the God you serve? At least, if an unrepentant evil doer claims to worship a "God", would it not be necessary for you to distinguish the one whom you worship for the world to know?

In The Acts of the Apostles, precisely the 23rd verse of chapter 17, Paul alluded to "an unknown God" as the creator whom the Athenians worship without really knowing, now with that in mind, is it not proper that we of this day and age know the God whom we claim to worship?

Jagunlabi, I do believe that you accept the existence of a creator, do you worship this creator or just acknowledging his existence suffices for you?
Re: This Man Made God Called God by jagunlabi(m): 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2009
ajadrage:

Jagunlabi, I do believe that you accept the existence of a creator, do you worship this creator or just acknowledging his existence suffices for you?
Believe it or not,i am worshipping it right now.My very existence in this physical or material existence with all my experiences is my worshipping.I don't need to do more.The very act of living my life is the worshipping itself.Anybody who is living inside this physical world is worshipping the creator,whether they know it or not.Be you an atheist,theist,agnostic,pagan,mystic,scientist,etc.,whatever you may be.We don't even need to acknowledge the existence of the creator because that is totally irrelevant.We just live our lives as best as we can.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ego / Christians Tithing Is Illegal From A Jewish Perspective. / Who Is Answering The Prayers Of Unbelievers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.