Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? (1466 Views)

Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Fashola Or Fayemi To Emerge Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari – Reports / Picture Of Biu After Today's Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by ayoola22: 8:01am On Feb 17, 2009
Who do you think will win the Akita state election tribunal today, Fayemi or Oni?

I have a feeling its ONI but i am asking myself the following questions,

Is Oni going to win because PDP cannot afford to loss 3 in a row, and after Edo and Abia, will make sure Ekiti is won?

Is Oni going to win because he won the election or he is going to win because Fayemi and AC mess up the case, they prefer to try the case in newspaper than in Court,

What is your view?

http://www.naijareports..com/
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 17, 2009
What difference will it make if any of them is declared the governor of the violent state?
I mean, both of them have been linked to generating violence and assassins in the young state that used to be peaceful.

Ekiti people are doomed either ways.

The question now should be; what went wrong in Ekiti state?
My answer is Fayose.
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by Lagosboy: 8:39am On Feb 17, 2009
was it not ekiti that majority of the lawmakers are AC members but with a PDP governor ?
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by thetruth90: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2009
Lagosboy:

was it not ekiti that majority of the lawmakers are AC members but with a PDP governor ?

pdp and ac both has 13 members each. get that into your brain.
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by Lagosboy: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2009
thetruth90:

pdp and ac both has 13 members each. get that into your brain.

hoesltly i dont understand some people here on NL.

I asked a simple question with a question mark and see your rude reply.

This is a political thread and its nice to respectful and debate with courtesey as respect begets respects. I dont know you or seem to have engaged you before in discussion so where is the animosity comming from?
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by gbolah1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2009
Can anyone update us on what is happening on appeal court judgment today,
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by Larufa(m): 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2009
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by desgiezd(m): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2009
Larufa:

Court Gives It To Governor Oni

http://thepmnews.com/2009/02/17/court-gives-it-to-governor-oni

Larufa, The PM News has been confusing people. I think they got the news wrong which you posted above. The same PM News is now saying Oni has been sacked and asked to handover to the Speaker of the State Assembly immediately. Elections in 10 Councils out of 16 have been cancelled while a re-run should be done within 90 days.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/02/17/appeal-court-sacks-oni-orders-re-run-in-10-councils

Appeal Court Sacks Oni, Orders Re-Run In 10 Councils
February 17, 2009 15:57 (18 minutes ago), 37 views

By Lanre Babalola & Steven Oni/Ilorin, Gbenro Adeshina/ Ado-Ekiti

The Court of Appeal sitting in Ilorin, Kwara State, this afternoon sacked Dr. Olusegun Oni as governor of Ekiti State, ordering him to handover immediately to the Speaker of the State House of Assembly.

But a replacement for the governor will have to be awaited in 90 days time as the court also ordered fresh elections in 10 out of 16 local councils to determine the actual winner of the 14 April 2007 polls in the state.

The decision of the court climaxed the appeal filed by Dr. Kayode Fayemi, candidate of the Action Congress (AC).

Dr. Fayemi had appealed against the verdict of the election petition tribunal which had last year declared Oni winner.

The Musa Datti-led court, after a long delay, began delivering the judgement around 12.30 though the ruling was read by Adiza Gana Mshelia.

The panel of judges earlier went into recess twice purportedly to deliberate over an application by a candidate of the ANPP.
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by ifyalways(f): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2009
Ekiti state has got way too many controversies undecided
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by otokx(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2009
Its like they are cursed.
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by desgiezd(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2009
Lagosboy:

hoesltly i dont understand some people here on NL.

I asked a simple question with a question mark and see your rude reply.

This is a political thread and its nice to respectful and debate with courtesey as respect begets respects. I dont know you or seem to have engaged you before in discussion so where is the animosity comming from?

I must commend the maturity displayed here by Lagosboy, wish all of us in NL could exhibit such maturity in our posts.
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by Kx: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2009
Larufa:

Court Gives It To Governor Oni

http://thepmnews.com/2009/02/17/court-gives-it-to-governor-oni

A while ago i checked dat line and confirmed that PM reported that "court gave it to oni"

desgiezd:

http://thepmnews.com/2009/02/17/appeal-court-sacks-oni-orders-re-run-in-10-councils

Appeal Court Sacks Oni, Orders Re-Run In 10 Councils

Within a couple of minutes,same PM news came up again with appeal court sacks oni.

Why d rush to report incomplete and unconfirmed news?
Hope all the news we ve been getting frm these media houses have not been "half baked"
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by Larufa(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2009
Appeal tribunal, sitting in Ilorin, Kwara State, annuls the election of Segun Oni as Ekiti State governor;
fresh election ordered in 10 local government areas;
Oni ordered to hand over to Speaker, House of Assembly.
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by Lagosboy: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
Good job the judiciary did this time. Lets hope the re election would not be like th eother re election in the country which is another cycle of rigging.

Tinubu and his boys i bet would be on the highest guard and i think it is game over for segun Oni, well he must have amassed enough to feed him for a life time like other politicians. grin grin
Re: Oni Or Fayemi, Who Will Be Ekiti State Governor After Today? by otokx(m): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2009
i smell a PDP avalanche in terms of rigging.

(1) (Reply)

My Crazy View About Omar Farouk Mutallab / God Punish You, Lord Lugard / Jonathan Bribed Delegates With U.s.$7000 - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.