Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) (30463 Views)

How UNN Students Eat During Exam (photos) / See What Is Trending Among UNN Students And Staff ( Photos) / UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure (2) (3) (4)

UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by chizidgreat(m): 2:16am On Jun 02, 2015
A protest went forth in the UNEC branch of University of Nigeria on 31 st May, 2015 against the power failure that had taken hold of the institution for a long time now. Afraid that such a thing could repeat in the UNN branch, which had even been the worst hit,the school gave an impromptu break to the entire students which should last for two weeks to enable them sort out issues. With regards to this, they refused to put on the hostel generators. Students were angry since this was the only hope they ever have of at least powering their phones and since the break was due to start tomorrow, not today.
This lead to a peaceful protest which ended peacefully as well until the devil struck at last. The students had actually gone round the whole school with a chant "off that light" as they made sure that every other light in the whole school was put off to make the situation even. The last place they went to was the VC's lodge and were already about leaving after receiving assurance from the security men, when one demonic 504 drove into the crowd of students in full speed and without light and before one could say Jack Robinson, four persons including one that is not a student were on the ground. While the other had a shattered leg, the other had a broken hand and one disfigured face. The other two had minor injuries.
As at the time of filing this report, the students are responding to treatment as the school medical centre.while the James Bond driver is currently in Army custody.
Sorry, I could not get the more horrific pictures because my phone went off. " NO LIGHT"
I was actually an eye witness and I had been with them at the medical centre.
We keep wondering what this our country is turning into as we keep trust God to deliver us.Amen

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by NeduLuiZ(m): 2:22am On Jun 02, 2015
Sad news.

If they pay bill without getting the light paid for. I think the right place to protest is the power holding office and not the school.

Quick recovery to the injured persons

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by themonk(m): 2:23am On Jun 02, 2015
I am a student of unn, but am not in the campus right now, am on my IT. I heard about the riot and peaceful protest, it is really pitiful that we students would have to demand basic amenities. If there is no light how would you expect student to study effectively knowing that night studies is a culture in unn. Weak attention has been given to this issue especially as concerning the male hostel, this is not the first time they are demonstrating on the light issue.
I also think the FG should intervene, I think UNN has the highest paid fees among other federal schools, the government should come to our aid. I believe the current V.C has the best in mind for us but lack of funds has prevented optimal performance from him, the federal government should do something about this. I pray for quick recovery for the lions and the reckless drive should face the full arm of the law, he might even have done that intentionally to disrupt a peaceful protest.
cc: lalasticlala seun

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by emaculate99: 5:13am On Jun 02, 2015
Seriously, this is unfair. the driver should be arrested and prosecuted accordingly because his action is like telling people that they have no freedom of speech and that all other drivers should do the same for all protesting individuals. if he is not punished, other drivers will take this as precedent and more of this would happen. this will in turn lead to violation of freedom of speech and dangers to protestants.

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by boboLIL(m): 6:45am On Jun 02, 2015
Everywea, sad news.....G0d be wid us

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Dahveydson(m): 7:01am On Jun 02, 2015
It's really saddening to hear this kind of news coming from the den.
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Burger01(m): 7:18am On Jun 02, 2015
sad
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Pavore9: 7:18am On Jun 02, 2015
So sad!
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by lordtech(m): 7:19am On Jun 02, 2015
Gosh cry
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 02, 2015
Is Nigeria really a modern society?
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Sweetguy25: 7:20am On Jun 02, 2015
What a shame
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by hamzak61: 7:20am On Jun 02, 2015
May God Help Us
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Dcaliphate(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2015
The power supply problem in Nigeria is born out of curruption. Its just annoying, major problems linger for years. What do we have leaders for?
May God visit all currupt leaders responsible for this like he visited Pharoah, until they let the power go.
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Gepheral: 7:21am On Jun 02, 2015
Lord have mercy
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Virus777: 7:21am On Jun 02, 2015
Shiit happens.
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Geestunnar(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2015
Only in Nigeria lipsrsealed
I thought Diesel and PMS is now sold for the normal price and now available
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2015
Sad
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by benuejosh: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2015
That guys leg tho.
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by jejemanito: 7:24am On Jun 02, 2015
Sweetguy25:
RIP
for wetin na? Them tell you say pesin die?
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by iykebesbt1(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2015
Save us o'Lord
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2015
ASUU? Where is that igbo-smoking and black-lips-like-betty nyash, Isa Feggae?

They held the country to ransom under the pretext that once they are given money all University problems will end. Today nothing has changed.

No learning materials.

No infrastructres/facilities.

Sexual harassment still prevails.

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by chieyine(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2015
I keep wondering when will Nigeria change for the better. I am a student of UNN and I tell you that electricity is now a farce. I go as far as charging my phone off camp. E go Better
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by stano2(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2015
CHAI
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by barry40: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2015
This is avoidable

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by ibkgab001: 7:28am On Jun 02, 2015
Something is wrong somewhere
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by lonelydora: 7:28am On Jun 02, 2015
My alma mater. Not again. RIP to the dead.
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by datbay(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2015
H
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by tuoyoojo(m): 7:29am On Jun 02, 2015
Where that "demonic car" come out from na?

This is devil working at "molecular level"

Pathetic State Of Schools In Akwa Ibom (pics) / Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) / Fatima Iliasu Graduates With 1st Class From University Of Surrey, UK (Photos)