Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,962 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) (30466 Views)

How UNN Students Eat During Exam (photos) / See What Is Trending Among UNN Students And Staff ( Photos) / UNN Students Protest Over Power Failure (2) (3) (4)

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2015
Sweetguy25:
RIP
RIP ke? They've not be pronounced dead, please speak life instead
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by respectkings: 7:33am On Jun 02, 2015
Oooooo: great lions and lioness! It a pitty shaa ..i wish am d president of nigeria i would av....
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by charleshandsome(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2015
So sad,God help us
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by eightsin(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2015
Students and protest! Was there room for dialogue? Send delegates and discuss your problems with authority. It shouldn't be fight all the time
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Young03(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2015
this is wat we guyz suffer in school

ALVAN IKOKU MALE HOSTEL NA WASH
If u c were we fetch water to bath Wen the tap us not working u will mercy for us

we ar to.vacate hostel ds evening
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Nickymezor(f): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2015
Lord hv mercy! I wish d LIONS quick recovery
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by uzo200(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2015
this is even a bigger shit, click to see for yourself. http://WWW.touchpapyrus.com
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by makasimatics(m): 7:42am On Jun 02, 2015
Sorry guys
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2015
Its really pathetic that we cant enjoy the basic amenities right in our own country and we call ourselves citizens...I proposed a very efficient way to ensure we all have light to a freind and as usual the reply I got was the same exact way 80 percent of nigerians would reply...if our government houses and houses of top officials are enjoying uninterrupted power supply why dont we all just match to there homes and offices and live with them.. angry....imagine one million persons matching to the government house of a state with there foams and what have you to live with our foolish governors who wont provide us with the basics of life...

Ensure nobody in the country enjoys light until everybody enjoys light...rubbish rotten country... angry
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by jay44(m): 7:48am On Jun 02, 2015
Sweetguy25:
RIP

did u read d story at all? haba!
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by sonofspada(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2015
See medical facility, kai undecided
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Dbestmax(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Dem for hear am if say any student die....
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by eazysally: 7:54am On Jun 02, 2015
I passed tru UNN yesday night after I left staff quoters while I was driving immediately I took a turn infront of the skul library I almost had head on colllision with the skul shuttle taxi whose light was totaly off, I rained insult on the driver not knowing it wasn't his fault, the protesting students forced him to off all his light bkos the same thing was metted to me too while approching them. I was even thinking it was cultists doing their thing bkos of the way I was shouted on with planks and all kinds of weapons just to off my lights it was later I got to hear the full gist. The students of UNN are the most patient and enduring students of nigeria universities, there hardly protest. Infact what makes other skul to protest is what there live with and endure, but this one has gotten to their neck there can't endure it again. It is now a norm in UNN, students charge their phones only on sundays in churches bkos of their use of generators it is very pathetic to see them not only carrying bibles to church but also going with extention wires, rechargeble tourches, phones etc, infact these days in churches the standing fans don't even have spaces to be plucked to wall suckets bkos students have taken over their spaces. Water issues is something I shouldt not even bother to talk about bkos in UNN, NO WATER. Now how can students cook, wash, use the convenience etc. I pray these issue is brought under control bkos in UNN things have fallen apert and the centre can nolonger hold.
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Emenahagos02(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2015
Did u guys trek to Opi? I won't forget that day in a rush. My legs hearam grin

Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by kennynelcon(m): 7:59am On Jun 02, 2015
Check that driver, he may be a lecturers son.
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Emenahagos02(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2015
I was in Alvan ikoku(320) in 2008 when the tap stoppd working and there was no water, guess where we fetch our own water? From the swimming pool built for NUGA grin we finish the whole water for that pool.
Young03:
this is wat we guyz suffer in school

ALVAN IKOKU MALE HOSTEL NA WASH
If u c were we fetch water to bath Wen the tap us not working u will mercy for us

we ar to.vacate hostel ds evening
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Young03(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
Emenahagos02:
I was in Alvan ikoku(320) in 2008 when the tap stoppd working and there was no water, guess where we fetch our own water? From the swimming pool built for NUGA grin we finish the whole water for that pool.

hahahaha, am now off camp , Unn de funny
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Leonidas1: 8:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Such a pity
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 02, 2015
Sorry Op, i visited my uncle a prof who live near VC quaters, it didn't peacefully, it ended after the 504 did it's work.
I went out with my cousin, not only did they dent our car but almost shattered the windscreen.
Why should one protest in the night?
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Emenahagos02(m): 8:07am On Jun 02, 2015
That's my 1st tho,I just stayd there for a semester, then moved to Catwright
Young03:

hahahaha, am now off camp , Unn de funny
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Pope22(m): 8:11am On Jun 02, 2015
themonk:
I am a student of unn, but am not in the campus right now, am on my IT. I heard about the riot and peaceful protest, it is really pitiful that we students would have to demand basic amenities. If there is no light how would you expect student to study effectively knowing that night studies is a culture in unn. Weak attention has been given to this issue especially as concerning the male hostel, this is not the first time they are demonstrating on the light issue.
I also think the FG should intervene, I think UNN has the highest paid fees among other federal schools, the government should come to our aid. I believe the current V.C has the best in mind for us but lack of funds has prevented optimal performance from him, the federal government should do something about this. I pray for quick recovery for the lions and the reckless drive should face the full arm of the law, he might even have done that intentionally to disrupt a peaceful protest.
cc: lalasticlala seun
Government has nothing to do with this riot, if you want to know the main reason behind the riot, click the link below:
https://m./735888213143329?refid=7&_ft_=qid.6155671082248559370%3Amf_story_key.5537268407120712295&__tn__=C

The new school management is not doing well, not the government.
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by daniel56(m): 8:19am On Jun 02, 2015
Sad news
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Leonidas1: 8:23am On Jun 02, 2015
mad driver. maybe he was drunk
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by themonk(m): 8:51am On Jun 02, 2015
Pope22:

Government has nothing to do with this riot, if you want to know the main reason behind the riot, click the link below:
https://m./735888213143329?refid=7&_ft_=qid.6155671082248559370%3Amf_story_key.5537268407120712295&__tn__=C

The new school management is not doing well, not the government.
and who told you it was a riot?
peaceful protest that was it. i didnt say its the governments fault, i said they should intervene, unn needs more fund that is undeniable. school might have a problem or two but funds is much needed from the FG. thanks
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by datcrazynurze: 9:29am On Jun 02, 2015
Emenahagos02:

Hehehe! No kidding?!
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by tonychristopher: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2015
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by czarr(m): 10:03am On Jun 02, 2015
I'm a student in unec, but i stay in Maryland,a lodge just close by d skul and we dey enjoy light.die, did two weeks na flexing tins o shokiti bobo!!!
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 02, 2015
chizidgreat:

Sorry, I could not get the more horrific pictures because my phone went off. " NO LIGHT"
When did Nigerians develop this kind of chaotic, blood-sucking appetite for "horrific" pictures? When did they develop this appetite you are intend on feeding?
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by opedaydydx9(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Why I was in school, more reason I wasn't at any protest cus ......... Anything can happen mehn!!
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by opedaydydx9(m): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2015
datcrazynurze:

Hehehe! No kidding?!
i no fit laff o
Re: UNN Students' Protest Turns Tragic As Car Knocks Down 5 Persons (photos) by prestige2013: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2015
chizidgreat:
A protest went forth in the UNEC branch of University of Nigeria on 31 st May, 2015 against the power failure that had taken hold of the institution for a long time now. Afraid that such a thing could repeat in the UNN branch, which had even been the worst hit,the school gave an impromptu break to the entire students which should last for two weeks to enable them sort out issues. With regards to this, they refused to put on the hostel generators. Students were angry since this was the only hope they ever have of at least powering their phones and since the break was due to start tomorrow, not today.
This lead to a peaceful protest which ended peacefully as well until the devil struck at last. The students had actually gone round the whole school with a chant "off that light" as they made sure that every other light in the whole school was put off to make the situation even. The last place they went to was the VC's lodge and were already about leaving after receiving assurance from the security men, when one demonic 504 drove into the crowd of students in full speed and without light and before one could say Jack Robinson, four persons including one that is not a student were on the ground. While the other had a shattered leg, the other had a broken hand and one disfigured face. The other two had minor injuries.
As at the time of filing this report, the students are responding to treatment as the school medical centre.while the James Bond driver is currently in Army custody.
Sorry, I could not get the more horrific pictures because my phone went off. " NO LIGHT"
I was actually an eye witness and I had been with them at the medical centre.
We keep wondering what this our country is turning into as we keep trust God to deliver us.Amen

Who is to be blame for the accident?
Why go on " No Light" protest, the use of light to a driver cannot be overemphasised.
Aside from this accident other criminal acts could also take place, assaults, stealing etc.
Remember darkness is an avenue for evil perpetrators.

Aluta with Sense.

Teacher Arrested For Flogging Pupil To Coma In Anambra (Photos) / Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) / Niger Delta University Students On Rag Day