Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline (36039 Views)

Osinbajo Faces Tough Times In Aso Rock - NewTelegraphOnline / 2019: Nine Governors To Leave APC - NewTelegraphOnline / Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by holicalpha(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Kolade354:
You can easily manipulate joffrey datz anoda weakness of jonathan.........Stannis baratheon would av be a gud king if not for the red woman............I will take stannis baratheon over joffrey anyday anytime becos you will feel secured.
I would take stannis too even with Melisandre(The red woman)

The only person who could manipulate Joffrey was Tywin.... Even ceirsei couldn't.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by NosaHenry(m): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2015
I have always been weary of these Oduduwa people. They will never allow fair play and equity to prevail until they grab all the positions. Greedy maggots

3 Likes

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by docsholz(m): 11:01am On Jun 02, 2015
NosaHenry:
I have always been weary of these Oduduwa people. They will never allow fair play and equity to prevail until they grab all the positions. Greedy maggots
what is this one saying grin

1 Like

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by ocelot2006(m): 11:04am On Jun 02, 2015
docsholz:
Cos Gej was clannish doesn't mean Bihari should be as well, everyone should be as well

Care to explain how GEJ was clannish?
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by PointB: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2015
Reference:

Are you serious. But I thought the APC won the elections. Oh, well maybe I was mistaken. This country.....

APC won which election? APC is simply the donkey Buhari rode on to win the election. APC is not the President, Buhari is. As a matter of fact Buhari can decamp today from APC and still be the President!

Let's even assume for a moment that APC won the election, who is APC? Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki?

You guys are on a long thing if you think APC won the election, when in actual fact Buhari won it for his people!

2 Likes

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by bjdon: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2015
CyberWolf:
Thats not possible..He has the national interest at heart but trying to implement that is going against the party's interest. If Buhari wants to succeed, he must be ready to go against the interest of APC as a party because the party does not have the nation's interest at heart, but their own selfish interest..Buhari should choose one and the earlier the better..

Exactly Real leaders have to be ready to confront their parties. Some in the ACP are only in it for themselves. Buhari CANNOT afford to be dictated to by such people.

We are in dire straits in the country. Nothing works, insecurity is rampant, yet the same thieves and parasites continue to suck the nation dry. Only by putting the right people in charge of affairs can the nation start to move forward. If Buhari can't do that, then there's really no point to his administration. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by nwachrist: 11:09am On Jun 02, 2015

"I BELONG TO EVERYBODY AND BELONG TO NOBODY"

The statement above still gives me confident in PMB to led an all inclusive Govt.

However, He should be tactical in handling party power blocs and their issues, cos as I believed most of them are doing so for their selfish interest. Nigerians are tired of recycling politicians. He should purge the system of these elements so as to realized the mantra of change he preaches.

I still believe in positive Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by kasay: 11:09am On Jun 02, 2015
holicalpha:
Let's [s][/s]Give the Illiterate some time.

Rome wasn't built in a day...

GEJ in my Heart Forever #NoHOMO.

As Usual, I'm expecting Piles of insult from the Slaves of the Jihadist....So keep the insults coming.

- Valar Morghulis.
[s][/s]
Your comment is an ugly expression of your illiteracy level and saTANist inclination. Nobody will need to insult you because your attitude and mindset will continually insult your person and your family. Your father must be regretting that he ever had a sex life.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by ocelot2006(m): 11:10am On Jun 02, 2015
naijanaso:
I am PDP, but Please let's us take some time out to pray for the retired general and his new govt. If he does well, we will all be happy. If he fails, we will be the ones suffering.
These guys have nothing to loose. They are all well placed and comfortable for life.
May God grant him the wisdom to propel the affairs of the nation to a better and greater heights, and cause the Nation to attain it's limelight in Jesus name, amen.

Same way they prayed for GEJ, abi? I've heard. These clowns had weeks to get their house in order, but they can't.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Jesusloveyou: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2015
Reference:

Then they will make his tenure ungovernable and there will be nothing you can do about that. They will simply make him fail. That is how
bad this country is.
i don't think anybody can make his govt ungovernable,not boko haram or ND militant, and nobody can hold him hostage,

1 Like

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by coldFLARES1(m): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2015
God forbid that we may one day wish that Jonathan retained the position. I feel immensely disappointed that Buhari seem to have aspired for the presidency for more than 12yrs without an idea of what to do for the good of the public. How disgusting it is to think that a man of 73 seem unable to assert himself because he may have his eyes set on a second term. With the deceit of a public declaration of asset already executed, it won't be wrong to say PMB is grossly overrated on his 'unique' selling points of honesty and integrity. All too soon, I am beginning to realise we have elevated a loafer to draw salaries and allowances for the next 4yrs while condemning our country to either stagnation or regression. . . .and to all these hausa people priding themselves as powerbrokers and emerging from the blues, we are watching you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by semitunde: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2015
VirginFinder:
@semitunde

I hope you can now realise from the opening post that Bukola Saraki is first a Yoruba man before he is a northerner.

Whether Junaid like it or not, a Yoruba man will either emerge as senate president or speaker.

My point was really that we can have Saraki as senate president and still have a Yoruba as speaker simply because one is from the Southwest and the other is from North Central.

When northerners want to put people in post, they bring out the zone card, but when they see someone like Saraki they say he's Yoruba. They should follow the zone.

There are Hausa and Fulani people in North East/ West/ Central. When they put people in positions through such zoning, we don't complain that they are all Hausa /Fulani na abi?

Everybody get sense na im make them create ile ife.

Let me read the op sef.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Roozzaay(m): 11:21am On Jun 02, 2015
tucky200:

Hw far na bigger man

Nt bad bro, I dey Aso Villa with Baba dey sort appointment stuffs out so these hypocrites can chill a lil bit

1 Like

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Bro, are you particularly thinking straight this morning?

Because if you were, you would realize that unlike you J'weedians, I was actually calling him to order in a friendly manner and empathising with Mr President on what he must be passing through.

Now be done with your emotional blackmail bro.
I know that trick all too wellsmiley
Then why the health ish attachment Whats your qualification to pronounce Buhari medically unfit..if its not a propaganda Your quoting that guy was purely based on sarcasm and u knw it deep dwn within..
Oh yeah?? Still yet to come to terms that your 'woman-wrapper' GEJ is no longer president again....No govt in Nigeria can be worse and clueless like that of GEJ..so deal with it..
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Tex42(m): 11:31am On Jun 02, 2015
Well! Didn't they say the northers are born to rule while others are born to follow.

Buhari should dance to the tune of his northern brothers and have his a*s kicked out of Aso rock by Naijas.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2015
buhari simply wants to decide all appointments with the approval of his northern brothers. what makes the SW think buhari will work wit dem?
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by apolonius(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2015
While it makes sense for the presidency not to be a one-man show like it was under GEJ,it is just unfortunate that a man who spent over 12 years asking to lead the nation is unable to show his hunger to transform Nigeria in making these initial but crucial appointments.

A president can appoint anyone he is comfortable with as his Chief of Staff,but I believe Onu representing the South-East and the ANPP block in the merger should be made the SGF to give the leadership a national colour.

We want no nepotism,no politics-dictating list of appointees.We want competent people who are patriotic and passionate about a new and greater Nigeria.

Mr Buhari,it is you we gave the mandate and only you we shall hold to account for how it is exercised now and in the next four years.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Reference(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2015
bjdon:

If that's the case then it means the country is finished, regardless of who is in Aso Rock.

Well society is slightly more complex than most of us assume. I often relate leadership to the steering, the rudder because that is where the captain of the ship is found, the wheel house. It is high up the bridge, comfortable, commanding and prestigious. But steering alone cannot get you anywhere. You need power and it comes from the people. The power to change Nigeria comes from Nigerians not the Captain. And you know what the engine room is like. It is hot, noisy, smoky, uncomfortable, unheralded just like the mass existence of Nigeria but it is vital. Amidst all the cacaphony there must be hardwork, cooperation and organisation for the ship to have power. We cannot afford to pull in 170 million different directions if the ship of state is to sail successfully. It doesn't matter how good your captain is. If he doesn't have a good team around him he wouldn't win trophies, simple as that. In Nigeria leadership is grossly, grossly over-rated. The followershio is too heavy an anchor to bear in this country.

A Junaid who probably cannot win an election in his bathroom will probably decide how this country is run over the next 4 years. We have serious problems in Nigeria. Who the hell is he and where the hell did he come from? But once again, that is Nigeria for you.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by delpee(f): 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
The same Tanimu Yakubu under Yar'adua for Finance? Hmmm.
God knows best though.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
With all said during campaign,i can categorically tell u 1 week is damn not to early to conclude or isnt it suppose to be CHANGE AUTOMATIC and not DESPUTE AUTOMATIC,.hmmm

meiloya:

Just too early to reach any meaningful conclusion.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Joeoku78: 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
For him to succeed effectively without failure in his govt. Buhari should go ahead and appoint and announce his cabinet members to work with. I know if he does that no corrupt person will be involved in his cabinet.
APC should give Buhari chance to pick hardworking men/women of integrity to work with him. The era of corruption is over and must not be re-visited
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
RedCard1:
Why is Rivers State always left out of quality positions in the Federation? Oil is highly sourced from our land and we can't still be offered minister of petroleum resources? SGF, CBN Governor, COS, etc all for the north? I hope you guys will not drop our hero Rotimi Amaechi who is even capable of being the president. He deserves at least minister of petroleum, power, works or even finance. We need someone like him who is strong, has courage and can go at any length to grant himself his aim. Amaechi is the man. Na me talk am.
no be only minister oof petroleum na minister of palm oil...

Ameachi would be a disgrace if he does not earn himself in the present he betrayed his brother for..
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
PointB:

APC won which election? APC is simply the donkey Buhari rode on to win the election. APC is not the President, Buhari is. As a matter of fact Buhari can decamp today from APC and still be the President!

Let's even assume for a moment that APC won the election, who is APC? Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki?

You guys are on a long thing if you think APC won the election, when in actual fact Buhari won it for his people!
you must be in a serious slumber...please wake up...
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by SergeAlain: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
The Lord be praised. There is yet hope for this Country.

At last someone has nailed what i have been saying all along!! The truth is that the fault lines in our National foundation are so wide that the corruption is only a symptom of the dysfunctional structures.
Thats why Govt. resources or property are seen as belonging to no one.

All this yarn about sharing power in APC has not considered the sensibilities of those in whose backyard the cake is baked. When you finish the sharing in APC and they do not feel justly treated, only God knows what will happen.

May the Lord Keep us all!!!

Reference:
I hope you guys now believe that corruption is not the biggest problem Nigeria has but that of structure. Power balancing, compromises and compensations are precursors to corruption. At the end of the day leadership in Nigeria is always weakened. We operate a jaundiced, corrosive, corruptive system by default. Even the Pope would not succeed in this conundrum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by nortcentrallord(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
Noneroone:
I BLAME TANOIDS FOR THIS

Hahahahaha, are you a programmed robot in human form? grin grin grin laughing like a car witha fu*cked up engine kikikiki
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by nortcentrallord(m): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
adadadon:
Who is Junaid muhammad ......... he looks like an ethnic jingoist after referring to Sarai as a Yoruba man

I did not see him campaign for Buhari.....
He has no stake

Junaid mohamed is the man that promised blood shed blood if GEJ should dare contest in 2015. It was carried by sunnews paper. He has never hidden his agenda about the northern thing so am not surprised.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by nortcentrallord(m): 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
holicalpha:
Let's Give the Illiterate some time.

Rome wasn't built in a day...

GEJ in my Heart Forever #NoHOMO.

As Usual, I'm expecting Piles of insult from the Slaves of the Jihadist....So keep the insults coming.

- Valar Morghulis.

-Valar Morghulis. All they know how to do is insult. That's the traits of a weak and hollow heads.

"That What is dead may never die"
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by ayobase(m): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sweetguy25:
This man's failure will surely be successful. grin grin

In summary, the next four years of your life and that of your household shall be an uncompromising failure.

feel free to inform the moderators and the lanlord of my prayer.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by johnie: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
semitunde:

My point was really that we can have Saraki as senate president and still have a Yoruba as speaker simply because one is from the Southwest and the other is from North Central.

When northerners want to put people in post, they bring out the zone card, but when they see someone like Saraki they say he's Yoruba. They should follow the zone.

There are Hausa and Fulani people in North East/ West/ Central. When they put people in positions through such zoning, we don't complain that they are all Hausa /Fulani na abi?

Gbam!!
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by Tarinigeria2015: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
hmmmmm...na wao
I only hope PMB will be the man that Nigerians know him to be.
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by johnie: 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
coldFLARES1:
God forbid that we may one day wish that Jonathan retained the position. I feel immensely disappointed that Buhari seem to have aspired for the presidency for more than 12yrs without an idea of what to do for the good of the public. How disgusting it is to think that a man of 73 seem unable to assert himself because he may have his eyes set on a second term. With the deceit of a public declaration of asset already executed, it won't be wrong to say PMB is grossly overrated on his 'unique' selling points of honesty and integrity. All too soon, I am beginning to realise we have elevated a loafer to draw salaries and allowances for the next 4yrs while condemning our country to either stagnation or regression. . . .and to all these hausa people priding themselves as powerbrokers and emerging from the blues, we are watching you.

Word!
Re: Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline by johnie: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
Reference:

Well society is slightly more complex than most of us assume.

You need power and it comes from the people. The power to change Nigeria comes from Nigerians not the Captain.

It doesn't matter how good your captain is. If he doesn't have a good team around him he wouldn't win trophies, simple as that. In Nigeria leadership is grossly, grossly over-rated. The followershio is too heavy an anchor to bear in this country.

A Junaid who probably cannot win an election in his bathroom will probably decide how this country is run over the next 4 years. We have serious problems in Nigeria. Who the hell is he and where the hell did he come from? But once again, that is Nigeria for you.

Amother Gbam!

Coldflares, Semitunde and Referencen have hit the nail on the head.

When these northern ethnic jingoists want a post, they play the geo-political zone card. They would see nothing wrong in two people who are Hause or Fulani from NW/NC/NE occupying corresponding posts.

I fear we would hear nothing about a national conference or restructuring of the polity under a PMB regime. Too bad!

As for PMB's seeming inertia, time will tell.

It is gradually becoming obvious that strange bedfellows came together to "capture" power solely for their personal interests. While it may cause some initial friction, I see it as an opportunity for our democracy to deepen if properly managed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency hails Nigerians for Ignoring Sowore’s #RevolutionNow Protests / Throwback Pic Of OBJ Heading World Conference Against Apartheid In 1977 In Lagos / BBNaija: Fani-Kayode Blasts MURIC For Demanding A Ban On Reality TV Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.