Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,226 members, 7,836,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (36216 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by millionaireman: 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
To guard the pipelines, President Jonathan awarded billions of Naira lucrative pipelines vigilante to a Yoruba group.

Some self-acclaimed sophisticated Yoruba big and stinking mouths said Jonathan was bribing some Yoruba urchins for votes. Alas, most of Yoruba voted against Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by darejem4real: 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2015
Huuumn
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by hisgrace090: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
nebo! you and your boss who are we to blame now? You know all this still no action.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by GreatFatherson: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
chikeorji123:
And when you are giving that opportunity what did you archive with it undecided.
And when your parents sent you to school to learn English language what did you achieve with that opportunity. Your grammatical bombs can wipe out an entire battalion of Boko boys or pipeline vandals. Smh
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by ChiefS(m): 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
While I'm not holding brief for him, I have heard him give the same reasons in the past.I sympathize with him because he was not the commander-in-chief. The former president was unable to wield the big stick on the vandals and energy firms.Until the cabal is addressed there is not much any minister of power can do. Bola Ige's era as minister of power readily comes to mind.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Coldfeets: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nice one, Chinedu. Just keep on giving the new APC government such advice.

Who knows, they might consider you for a second term. grin
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by dave2meek(m): 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
Buhari will do the needful
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Infoay: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Reference(m): 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
adeaks:
I know people would criticise this man but to be honest he has been saying this even while he was in power. I listened to an interview he gave on Radio Nigeria over a year ago and he made this same complaint. He was interviewed on channels Tv and he said the same thing. He even said some of the vandals were so bad that they even went deep underwater to blow up some of the pipelines, which was very hard to repair.

It is true that he can be accused of not doing enough to combat the vandals but it is easier said than done. Buhari would do well to take some nuggets of wisdom from the prof's words as he is going to face the same challenge.

Don't mind them. Instead of listening to what the man has to say, like the man who will fall off a cliff they wave his points away as if he went there to fail in the first place. When a month runs into two and two runs into six and six months run into 4 years, as usual they will be back insulting the new man at tne helm. No one wants the hardwork of rational thinking thoughtless of concerted efforts at ending the problems. All Nigerians love is rhetoric. That's why they get sold down the river time and time again.

1 Like

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by asha01: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
Kingspin:
Wonder no more the past admin. spent 50% of it time fighting bokoharam and the other 50% fighting propaganda by enemy forces who pull down the government in the name of 'take over'. They were everywhere all the sectors just to make sure nothing good happen in Nigeria. If they descend on Buhari, he too will not survive it. Nigeria get the type of govt they deserve. Untill we go there. One man cannot change Nigeria execpt they(we) agree to especially those in power. Nigeria will not achieve it dream when the masses are divided rather these politician will only keep changing strategy. Buhari need to bring the best hands to manage Nigeria if he really mean well for Nigerians and Nigeria.

good points.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by dotune(m): 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
Who are the vandals? Or who are the people sponsoring them? Could it be people who are the major importers of generators? Anyone who is blowing up gas pipelines must benefit from Nigeria's nationwide blackout... Well I'm just thinking aloud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by 9jatatafo(m): 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
I hope these two monsters of vandalism and gas shortage supply can be killed. Don't you think the company fixing the vandalised pipes could be responsible for the continuous vandalism since it costs the government N120 million monthly to get it fixed? The company should be investigated.

1 Like

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by kodlins(f): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
Iroh88:
Did Nebo try to fight these "forces" during his time??

He was just a 'common ' minister. Trust me Ge wouldn't have lasted 24 hrs if he fought them.

However, I See nothing wrong with telling PMB what to do. He is not even looking for a slot.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by boujaye: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
ricsman:
hmmm
see who is talking!
what was he doing all through his tenure?
guess he was handcuffed.
anyway PMB will do the needful
cheers Nigeria

how can you enter tomorrow without knowing yesterday? Professor Nebo has done well by giving expo to the incoming administration.
He has been there and can tell you all the nukes and crannies, the victories and the loses, the challenges and the advances made.

Still together for a better Nigeria whether old or new administration.

1 Like

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Cuzz: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nebo is an eediot
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by ITbomb(m): 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
Greed and sentimental planning.

This is what happens when you locate an industry very far from the raw materials.

Power stations should be domiciled in Niger Delta near the gas fields and the generated gas transmitted over high tension to anywhere in the country.

Locating a gas driven power plant so far into the hinterland is like building a canal of water from the main river to turn the turbines miles away instead of to generate near the river and transmit to anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
DropShot:
If our new president fails to give much more improved power supply during his 1st tenure, he will lose in 2019. in fact APC will lose woefully.

Power, Corruption, Unemployment and NNPC reform are the main things. If he fails in them, he will go.
what makes you think that by 2019, Buhari and APC will be as liberal as Jonathan and PDP was in the last election? If APC can replicate that Jonathan's 'politics of not do or die' and allow a fair play, then this country will be better and electorate can decide who takes the power by 2019, that way winning election in this country will based on integrity and merit, not on Godfatherism or tribe.

Well, The game has started, and Vultures are already gathering around Buhari. I pray he delivers before game over in 2019.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by lexy2014: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
luvinhubby:
Buhari will have to stamp on toes that GEJ carefully avoided to step on in other to fix Nigeria.

I still regret partaking in the anti- fuel subsidy protests of 2012 as that was a missed opportunity for the people's power to thrash this oil cabal(cartel) holding this nation at ransome.
Also Buhari should avoid traitors like Amaechi who was the NGF chairman at the time the governors supported & advocated for the removal only to maintain a conspiracy of silence which tactfully supported the oil cabal & betrayed GEJ.

My country shall be great again.
bros don't let anyone deceive u. D so called cabal was only used as a scapegoat by d govt 2 justify sustaining d fuel subsidy scam. If u look at it, these so called cabal weren't ghosts. They are d same people d govt wiLlingly pays every month 2 import fuel into d country. So who is deceiving who?
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
Cuzz:
Nebo is an eediot
How is he an eediot?
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
adeaks:
I know people would criticise this man but to be honest he has been saying this even while he was in power. I listened to an interview he gave on Radio Nigeria over a year ago and he made this same complaint. He was interviewed on channels Tv and he said the same thing. He even said some of the vandals were so bad that they even went deep underwater to blow up some of the pipelines, which was very hard to repair.

It is true that he can be accused of not doing enough to combat the vandals but it is easier said than done. Buhari would do well to take some nuggets of wisdom from the prof's words as he is going to face the same challenge.
except apc apologists are the persons blowing up the pipelines... cool...who knows...anything to sabotage the then GEJs administration..
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by lexy2014: 1:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
9jatatafo:
I hope these two monsters of vandalism and gas shortage supply can be killed. Don't you think the company fixing the vandalised pipes could be responsible for the continuous vandalism since it costs the government N120 million monthly to get it fixed? The company should be investigated.
didnt d pipeline protection contract that asari and co had with govt cover this case? Am just wondering
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by lexy2014: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
except apc apologists are the persons blowing up the pipelines... cool...who knows...anything to sabotage the then GEJs administration..
but I thought asari and co were given pipeline protection contracts? Didn't they do their jobs?
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
lexy2014:
but I thought asari and co were given pipeline protection contracts? Didn't they do their jobs?
you expect asari and co to protect pipelines in the west and north abi?..
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by lexy2014: 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
dotune:
Who are the vandals? Or who are the people sponsoring them? Could it be people who are the major importers of generators? Anyone who is blowing up gas pipelines must benefit from Nigeria's nationwide blackout... Well I'm just thinking aloud.
I thought this issue of pipeline vandalism was taken care of when asari and co were given lucrative contracts 2 protect these pipelines?
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by ikescope: 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
Let's not be myopic and quick 2 throw stones..some ministers have great reputation and also accountable...
If u really follow prof Nebo 's revamp quest..you would realize that he was always complaining about vandals spoiling and frustrating their efforts..
This minister is one true minister that never keeps the public in d dark @ least in his 'true' monthly reports on d state of the nation as regards electricity...

Finally, it's painful 2 work and mean well for a quest u are entrusted to but only 2 be frustrated by d same system(vandals)..
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by ushafe(m): 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
Why now?
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by lexy2014: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
you expect asari and co to protect pipelines in the west and north abi?..
2d west I can affirm but do we have gas pipelines running 2d north? I guess that's y there's no such arrangement in d north. Remember OPC was given like contract so they are "co" in this regard. D minister didn't allude 2 were exactly pipeline vandalism was prevalent but since he mentioned it as an issue, it was therefore not restricted 2 any particular region. So yes I expected them 2 fulfil d terms of their contract
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by 9jatatafo(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
lexy2014:
didnt d pipeline protection contract that asari and co had with govt cover this case? Am just wondering

Hmmmm you have a point. I am also wondering before Asari and co started protecting the pipelines, has there been regular power supply too? The situation is damn complicated
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Kx: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
All that the previous govt and his ministers knew from oil sector to power sector etc were:
Forces
Cabal
Saboteurs
Enemies
Vandals
etc

Someone should tell Nebo that all those vices had gone with the past govt.

Suddenly most people now have power/light. Has the saboteurs, vandals, forces etc repented over night?

The electricity company who failed to pay for backlog of gas deliveries and still expect receipt of delivery without pay, is the saboteur not the other way round.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
This miserable cretin. His double-exhaust nose has sucked our electricity.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Dollarboom: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2015
Any how possible, they should just do it and let's have regular power supply. We need it.

Meanwhile,let your money work for you. If you have investable #1M and above and 10% returns monthly is OK with you and you don't have unnecessary phobia for forex biz. You can talk to me right now on : 08162868544.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) / Malami Releases Statement On Abba Kyari's Extradition Process / Court Rules In Motions Seeking Tinubu, Atiku’s Disqualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.