Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,124 members, 7,835,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (36210 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by jpphilips(m): 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
With Jonathan, it is always "forces", "cabal", excuses with no sincerity of purpose, where was the "forces" when Barth Nnaji unbundled PHCN and was taking us very close to eldorado before the father of excuses removed him?
You complain about gas shortage, yet the petroleum Dim wit suggested a DSO for gas in the PIB and the confused god of Otueke approved of it, association of r@t@rds
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
baybeeboi:
the oil and gas producers happen to be Nigeria's number one problem.

These guys should be put to order ASAP.

The problem is the prices of crude oil products in our country. Didn't u hear him say our local gas producers prefer to sell outside, In Nigeria 1kg of gas is 200 naira n in neighbouring countries like Ghana, Togo n their likes, it goes for 300 - 350 naira per kilogram.

If na u, who u go sell to
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by royal231(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
Kx:
All that the previous govt and his ministers knew from oil sector to power sector etc were:
Forces
Cabal
Saboteurs
Enemies
Vandals
etc

Someone should tell Nebo that all those vices had gone with the past govt.

Suddenly most people now have power/light. Has the saboteurs, vandals, forces etc repented over night?

The electricity company who failed to pay for backlog of gas deliveries and still expect receipt of delivery witholut pay, is the saboteur not the other way round.

If na boko haram u go still call jonathan... but as light Don dey dey ur brain no still tell you say na Jonathan handwork

Double standards

1 Like

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Kx: 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
royal231:

If na boko haram u go still call jonathan... but as light Don dey dey ur brain no still tell you say na Jonathan handwork
Double standards

Misplaced reaction.
Every new office occupant inherits assets and liabilities.
Jonathan is my brother if you must know. But I prefer the love and progress of my country to some misplaced ethnic/tribal follow follow.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by royal231(m): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
Kx:

Misplaced reaction.
Every new office occupant inherits assets and liabilities.
Jonathan is my brother if you must know. But I prefer the love and progress of my country to some misplaced ethnic/tribal follow follow.

Bro I don't think u use your brains... go back to your writeup. .. the fact remains that Jonathan's effort in restructuring the Nigerian power sector shouldn't be undermined.. give honour to whom it's due

Double standards

1 Like

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
The NASS should pass a law punishing pipe vandalism by life imprisonment.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Kog45(m): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
Reference:

Don't mind them. Instead of listening to what the man has to say, like the man who will fall off a cliff they wave his points away as if he went there to fail in the first place. When a month runs into two and two runs into six and six months run into 4 years, as usual they will be back insulting the new man at tne helm. No one wants the hardwork of rational
thinking thoughtless of concerted efforts at ending the problems. All Nigerians love is rhetoric. That's why they get sold down the river time and time again.
We will not listen to him and we have our reason not to listen to him.Prof Nebo was one of d minister thar failed GEJ bcs of empty promises of adequate electricity supply.If a Prof Nebo is telling us vandalization is d major issue,then Prof is a fraud bcs vandalism is not d issue but insincerity on d part of d past leaders.The same Nebo was telling Buhari not to reverse d privatization and still telling him what to do in d power sector.In d first place,is it healthy to sell a company dat produce less than 4000 megawatts to an individuals who lack d financial power but still ran to seller(govt)for over 200billion naira financial bailout.Honestly,Nebo should keep shut bcs he was one of d ministers that failed GEJ and Nigerians.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by ekenzify(m): 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
Well, I woudnt want to say he(prof Nebo) was making excuses. Nevertheless, I find the idea of distributed power quite interesting. I wonder,no, there's aint any need to wonder because I believe GEJ must have known abt it. If he had acted on it, we would have been generating at least 8000mws(excluding the 6000mws already on ground) this past 5 years he was in office!
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by supereagle(m): 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
Is gas only means of power generation . Our problem in this country is that we fail to put on our thinking cap. PMB will crush them
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Solozzo(m): 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
Mendacity, mendacity, obnoxious mendacity!!! The lying minister Nebo. Always deceiving the people and Jonathan!! "You will soon have 24/7 electricity in a few weeks" Now giving excuses whereas he and his cronies were the most financial beneficiary. We do not need your fake advice. If you paid for the gas and the companies did not supply take legal action. Vandalism, use the security forces. We are not babies Nebo! Don't deceive us again. Your ministry will soon be probed. Jail is waiting for you!
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
Gas is not the only way to produce power.
The concept of distributing power seems okay. But, there can be other sources apart from gas.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by CriticalThought: 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
agarawu23:
he couldn't get the job done while in office and he is giving silly excuses.

buhari , regular electricity in nigeria will tag you the word called "HERO" . a beg help us embarassed

You make it sound like he could solve the NEPA problem we have had since the country started in 2years. Even if he could, do you know how long it takes to know who your allies and enemies are in Nigerian politics, then begin to fight those enemies, while trying to figure out existing assets and expenses in addition to dealing with the unions. He is telling us what he saw and experienced, you don't even want to investigate his claims or give him benefit of the doubt

1 Like

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Btruth: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
But I love his points. Especially in building small generating plants within a year.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by winterfell007(m): 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
luvinhubby:
Buhari will have to stamp on toes that GEJ carefully avoided to step on in other to fix Nigeria.

I still regret partaking in the anti- fuel subsidy protests of 2012 as that was a missed opportunity for the people's power to thrash this oil cabal(cartel) holding this nation at ransome.
Also Buhari should avoid traitors like Amaechi who was the NGF chairman at the time the governors supported & advocated for the removal only to maintain a conspiracy of silence which tactfully supported the oil cabal & betrayed GEJ.

My country shall be great again.

When GEJ administration sought d understanding of Nigeria 2 see d reason why we had 2 completely remove d fuel subsidy and begin d deregulation of downstream sector. Nigerians thought that they were being wicked 2e have thought of that decision. I cud vividly remember when Emir Sanusi in 2011 warned that the payment of subsidy cannot be sustained in d long run. He advised that Nigerians allow Govt. To completely deregulate d sector 2 allow 4 private sector participation in d sector. Now we Nigerians are beginning 2 see why subsidy must be remove rite now.

As regards 2 power, I've always been an advocate of embedded power generation this is somethin that has worked in RCCG camps. Companies can build modular power plant and sell d output directly 2 d distribution companies. That way that are able 2 localise their source of fuel and at d same time bypass the inefficient transmissions. I'm happy distribution companies such as: Eko disco, PH disco, Enugu disco and Ikeja disco are working 2wards that. With God's help, we can achieve 24hrs power supply within d shortest period, Amin.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by FabioPeter: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
One, he was minister of power and he had a huge opportunity to make a difference but he didn't.
He also noted that oil and gas companies who "promised" to supply gas for the NIPP reneged and favoured selling to industries, the simple question is why was it so?
When you draft a plan that is flawed from the inception it is bound to fail in due course. The project ought have negotiated a good price for gas based on economies of scale rather that government promising free gas for power generation on the assumption that gas is been flared and unuseful to the IOCs.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by FabioPeter: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
Pretty idea to have embedded plants. However, it has a much higher operating cost and that would mean tariffs will skyrocket.
winterfell007:

When GEJ administration sought d understanding of Nigeria 2 see d reason why we had 2 completely remove d fuel subsidy and begin d deregulation of downstream sector. Nigerians thought that they were being wicked 2e have thought of that decision. I cud vividly remember when Emir Sanusi in 2011 warned that the payment of subsidy cannot be sustained in d long run. He advised that Nigerians allow Govt. To completely deregulate d sector 2 allow 4 private sector participation in d sector. Now we Nigerians are beginning 2 see why subsidy must be remove rite now.

As regards 2 power, I've always been an advocate of embedded power generation this is somethin that has worked in RCCG camps. Companies can build modular power plant and sell d output directly 2 d distribution companies. That way that are able 2 localise their source of fuel and at d same time bypass the inefficient transmissions. I'm happy distribution companies such as: Eko disco, PH disco, Enugu disco and Ikeja disco are working 2wards that. With God's help, we can achieve 24hrs power supply within d shortest period, Amin.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by muscoliscious(f): 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
Iroh88:
Did Nebo try to fight these "forces" during his time??
he is not just nebo he is a prof and an Archdeacon
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by winterfell007(m): 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
FabioPeter:
Pretty idea to have embedded plants. However, it has a much higher operating cost and that would mean tariffs will skyrocket.
that can't be compared 2 darkness we are witnessing as nation. Companies like BUA, Honeywell, Dangote cement, Nlng, Agbara industrial estate and other industrial estate in Ogun, Aba and PH all run on these generation technolgies and that's what have kept very competitive. You must also understand that this generation technologies run on gas which is 40percent cheaper than disel most nigerian companies use.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by bezimo(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
adeaks:
I know people would criticise this man but to be honest he has been saying this even while he was in power. I listened to an interview he gave on Radio Nigeria over a year ago and he made this same complaint. He was interviewed on channels Tv and he said the same thing. He even said some of the vandals were so bad that they even went deep underwater to blow up some of the pipelines, which was very hard to repair.

It is true that he can be accused of not doing enough to combat the vandals but it is easier said than done. Buhari would do well to take some nuggets of wisdom from the prof's words as he is going to face the same challenge.

Well said. Who are the people sponsoring the vandals of gas pipeline. Gas is not something one can easily collect openly and store unlike crude oil.So what is the objective of the vandals.Frustrate and sabotage government effort to improve power supply by attacking gas pipeline feeding power plants. A cabal is responsible for this who are benefitting from Nigeria endemic blackout. That's why The minister recommended wielding the big stick to the President. I am not optimistic it would improve until those cabals sabotaging government effort are identified and decisively dealt with.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by seunmsg(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
If you have embedded generation, 10mws or 20mws, by the time you put 20mws in 10 different places, you would have 200mws. You can do that in one year. But for a mega 200, 400, or 500mw plant, it is a different thing entirely.

Fashola came up with this same idea in Lagos and PDP criticised him seriously. They even called all the 10mws station he commissioned glorified generators. Now, they have finally realised that is the way to go.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by God1stson(m): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2015
ricsman:
hmmm
see who is talking!
what was he doing all through his tenure?
guess he was handcuffed.
anyway PMB will do the needful
cheers Nigeria

Most Nlanders' have shallow knowledge and cannot do a proper criteque of issues.For the benefit of those with strong analytical mind, d minister mentioned 2 pivot challenges, that of pipeline vandalism and shortage of gas supply. the minister is not directly incharge of the security apparatus, so hw cn he control this factors.wht then is d work of civil defense n police.secondly if multinationals prefer 2 xport gas, it means local market is not favorable.PIB shud liberalise d sector n mke it more attractive,but senator failed 2 pass d bill becos of oil bloc wahala.my minister u hve done ur best.i knw wht u can do sir! even unn is a test e money.

1 Like

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by francizy(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
This failure of a man should shut da hell up!

It's people like Prof Bartholomew Nnaji that should be rendering advise when it comes to power distribution in Nigeria.. undecided
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by ollyruffy: 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
We don hear. Buhari does not need your advice. Thanks.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by Smalles: 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
So he knew what to do to solve the power issue and he did not do it during his time as minister of power... It's quite unfortunate we have funny leaders in Nigeria .
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by murmee: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
harry509:
Nebo and his gang's, they Rr d one's vandalizing bcus Nebo is a suspect.
Very true because without vandalisation, the one billion naira for repairs which he shares with other people will not come out. So pipe damages must occur every two weeks. Nebo is a disaster!
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by harry509: 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
murmee:
Very true because without vandalisation, the one billion naira for repairs which he shares with other people will not come out. So pipe damages must occur every two weeks. Nebo is a disaster!
yes ooh. U Rr ryte my dear.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by udeh3(m): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sijo01:
Why did you not fight the forces when you had the chance?

Please take your time to go over the article again. He was the Minister of power of which he really had some great achievement, but he's not the petroleum minister neither the Inspector General of Police. He did is work well and also gave recommendation as due!
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by NobleG1(m): 2:17am On Jun 03, 2015
They're not even talking about building Solar Stations! This gas scarcity reason for not providing Nigerians electricity won't exit if Solar energy is looked into!
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by FabioPeter: 6:11am On Jun 03, 2015
For companies it's a pretty idea but for a much larger scale it isn't such a fine idea. Electricity could be available but not affordable and people will be in darkness as well.
I understand it's far more economical than diesel but that is not even an alternative on this scale except for exceptional cases.

winterfell007:
that can't be compared 2 darkness we are witnessing as nation. Companies like BUA, Honeywell, Dangote cement, Nlng, Agbara industrial estate and other industrial estate in Ogun, Aba and PH all run on these generation technolgies and that's what have kept very competitive. You must also understand that this generation technologies run on gas which is 40percent cheaper than disel most nigerian companies use.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by FabioPeter: 6:16am On Jun 03, 2015
The vandalised pipelines are fixed by the owners which is the IOCs in most cases.
Ministry of power have no business fixing or paying for this.

murmee:
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by FabioPeter: 6:22am On Jun 03, 2015
Solar is way too expensive relative to Gas, Nuclear and Hydro power generation.
It is not used in a large scale anywhere in the world.
NobleG1:
They're not even talking about building Solar Stations! This gas scarcity reason for not providing Nigerians electricity won't exit if Solar energy is looked into!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bukar Ibrahim To Buhari: Don't Expect Votes From Yobe, Adamawa, Four Others / Binta Masi Garba Ordained A Pastor At International Praise Chapel, Yola / Profile Of Abiodun Sylvester Alabi, The New Lagos Police Commissioner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.