Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,661 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain (4885 Views)

Lai Mohammed Urges TB Joshua To Remain In Nigeria / Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari / Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 02, 2015
I will start by saying that I still believe in a united and prosperous Nigeria where there is equity, fairness and justice.

My question is this, assuming that every single drop of oil dries up in Nigeria today, will those of us that believe in One Nigeria still do so? The One Nigeria that we are shouting today, is it because we genuinely love our country and love one another or is it because of love for crude oil and by extension money? The love of money is the root of all evil.

Another question is this, assuming all the oil reserves located in the Niger Delta were located in the far north say NW, would they not have called for Nigeria to break up long time ago? I personally think the northerners would have quickly severed relationship with the infidel South and formed their own country so that they could solely enjoy their crude oil. If with the South largely feeding this nation mostly from sales of crude oil, the North can be as arrogant as they are presently, just imagine what it would have been if the reverse were the case.

I rest my case.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by superstar1(m): 11:39am On Jun 02, 2015
OP,

No one is calling for any One Nigeria, but no one will be allowed to behave as if only him has the monopoly of violence.

Everyone wants separation, but it must be done the proper way.

Our forefathers never had oil and they built empires. Majority of the top economies in the world do not have oil.

10 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by gobizzy101: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2015
Oil or no oil, 9ja must b 1

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2015
superstar1:
OP,

No one is calling for any One Nigeria, but no one will be allowed to behave as if only him has the monopoly of violence.

Everyone wants separation, but it must be done in the proper way.

including the north??

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by drtwist(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2015
The truth is what has been mention by the op. But the fact remain that the greatest enemy of the niger delta is their leaders. People representing Niger delta are doing so for only their selfish interest.

Let me ask you some question
Have you ask your self why has our senator and rep not push and fight for the seeding of this country?
The under rating of Niger delta, who is benefiting most?
What has the people of Niger Delta done to stop this act being perpetrated by the northerners?

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 02, 2015
I don't believe in "Nigeria"
Its a big fraud
Nigerdelta for life

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 02, 2015
Barcanista

Passingshot

Gbawe

Dearpreye

NDVPF

Wsdm

quotasystem

TheOtherview

madamoringo

setaje
Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 02, 2015
Lalasticlala

Ishilove
Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by superstar1(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

including the north??

If Chad, Niger and Mali can be countries, be rest assured they can be too, when push comes to shove.

All what we need to achieve the dream separation is to initially call for inclusion of referendum in our constitution. After then call for National Conference and the resolutions will be ratified via referendum. At that level, we shall determine whether we are separating or merely restructuring the country along confederacy line.

5 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by RomanticAngela(f): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

including the north??
Yes. Tell your ibo brothers and sisters to leave the North forthwith ! There are more ibos in Kano state than they are in Ebonyi which is even an ibo state yet you lot keep blaming the North from preventing you from getting your own independent country.

Just leave, go back home and form your own country. GO !

9 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by BlackTechnology: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2015
superstar1:
OP,

Our forefathers never had oil and they built empires. Majority of the top economies in the world do not have oil.

Has Aregbese gotten his allocation of oyel money to pay salaries

Why would Yorubas want Odua republic when they are sure that they won't be able to pay salaries without Lower Niger republic oyel money grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2015
superstar1:
OP,

True. Germany today is the most powerful economy and I dare say country in Europe and they have no oil. Look at Israel that moved into a desert and converted it into a wonderful country for themselves, look at Switzerland, the list is endless. In Nigeria however, the love for crude oil has blinded us.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Idrismusty97(m): 11:46am On Jun 02, 2015
Another question is this, assuming all the oil reserves located in the Niger Delta were located in the far north say NW, would they not have called for Nigeria to break up long time ago?
I see you created the thread to slander the North hypocrite. As if your people weren't the first to call for breakup because oil was discovered in your backyard. A discovery made from the investment of every region at the time. Why don't you come out clean and say you want Biafra like the others, stop forming Nigeria unity.

5 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2015
RomanticAngela:
Yes. Yell your ibo botheras and sisters to leave the North forthwith ! There are more ibos in Kano state than they are in Ebonyi which is even an ibo state yet you lot keep blaming the North from preventing you from getting your own independent country.

Just leave, go back home and form your own country. GO !

Shut up! I started by saying that I still believe in a united and prosperous Nigeria where there is equity, fairness and justice.

for the bold part, if we all leave to the East and declared a sovereign country will the Nigerian Army not start driving their tanks towards the East?

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by superstar1(m): 11:49am On Jun 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

True. Germany today is the most powerful economy and I dare say country in Europe and they have no oil. Look at Israel that moved into a desert and converted it into a wonderful country for themselves, look at Switzerland, the list is endless. In Nigeria however, the love for crude oil has blinded us.

How many of the oil does the common masses drink or eat per day?

Is it not the elite of all the ethnicities that are conniving and milking the nation of the oil resources?

Better way to put it is, the love for oil by the elites of Nigerians and not the other way round. Is Dokubo not from.oil producijg region, enriched by the state and decided to invest somewhere else, negating all the noise he has been making about ND struggle.

He simply joined the elite and took his share of the oil.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by TheOtherview: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Barcanista

Passingshot

Gbawe

Dearpreye

NDVPF

Wsdm

quotasystem

TheOtherview

madamoringo

setaje

Eurobomber sir, as I am not adverse to a different configuration, I am not sure how you arrived this conclusion.
I will take a true federation, a confederation of states, or some other kind of regional government, over the current arrangement.
Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by superstar1(m): 11:50am On Jun 02, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Has Aregbese gotten his allocation of oyel money to pay salaries

Why would Yorubas want Odua republic when they are sure that they won't be able to pay salaries without Lower Niger republic oyel money grin

If Akwa Ibom can be owing salaries, then if Osun owes it is not out of place.

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Idrismusty97(m): 11:50am On Jun 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Israel moved into a desert? like WTF!
Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2015
TheOtherview:

Eurobomber sir, as I am not adverse to a different configuration, I am not sure how you arrived this conclusion.
I will take a true federation, a confederation of states, or some other kind of regional government, over the current arrangement.

Your party the APC is now in power, can you guys push for a better structuring of this country? I think the center is too powerful and attractive.
Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by RomanticAngela(f): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2015
superstar1:

If Chad, Niger and Mali can be countries, be rest assured they can be too, when push comes to shove.

All what we need to achieve the dream separation is to initially call for inclusion of referendum in our constitution. After then call for National Conference and the resolutions will be ratified via referendum. At that level, we shall determine whether we are separating or merely restructuring the country along confederacy line.
Pre-indepence Nigeria, The North never really wanted to be lumped up with the south if not for the greed of Azikiwe. Operation Araba, the counter coup, the Norths revenge of the Jan '66 ibo coup, was actually a secession mission. (ARABA means secession)

There are proper, legitimate and internationally approved means of attaining secession, not by ranting online as it is now the forte of the ibos.

Btw, do you remeber that at the National Conference last year, the Lamido of Adamawa demanded that his domain be granted the permission to join his kinsfolk in Cameroon. He was the only one that demanded for secession at the NC. What was the ibos demand? An additional state in the south east.

9 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Israel moved into a desert? like WTF!

Yeah, any problem with that
Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by BlackTechnology: 11:54am On Jun 02, 2015
superstar1:

If Akwa Ibom can be owing salaries, then if Osun owes it is not out of place.

But Anambra is not owing rather the government increased salaries

Son of Aregbese grin
Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2015
RomanticAngela:
Pre-indepence Nigeria, The North never really wanted to be lumped up with the south if not for the greed of Azikiwe. Operation Araba, the counter coup, the Norths revenge of the Jan '66 ibo coup, was actually a secession mission. (ARABA means secession)

There are proper, legitimate and internationally approved means of attaining secession, not by ranting online as it is now the forte of the ibos.

Btw, do you remeber that at the National Conference last year, the Lamido of Adamawa demanded that his domain be granted the permission to join his kinsfolk in Cameroon. He was the only one that demanded for secession at the NC. What was the ibos demnded? An additional state in the south east.

so after the war was won and the north completely took over power what stopped their araba? What stopped them from returning the country to Regional System? The taste of oil money I guess. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by superstar1(m): 11:57am On Jun 02, 2015
RomanticAngela:

Btw, do you remeber that at the National Conference last year, the Lamido of Adamawa demanded that his domain be granted the permission to join his kinsfolk in Cameroon. He was the only one that demanded for secession at the NC. What was the ibos demnded? An additional state in the south east.

Secessionists in this country are jokers and just mere whining bush babies.

Ask them how will they tackle the international dimension of secession, they do not have any concrete answer to give. I have told them UK will never back such, America will support UK and China and Russia will pretend as if they are deaf to their cries. 4 of the 5 world powers stance is already known on the matter.

The only peaceful way left is National Confab. Before such can be tabled at National Confab, you have to amend the constitution to recognise referendum and secession.

To me they are not ready to do the mental work. They are mentally lazy and they believe everything must be achieved by brawn.

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Idrismusty97(m): 11:59am On Jun 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Yeah, any problem with that
Do you mean the fictional Bible Israel or present day Israel? If you are talking about present day Israel then you need to look at history.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by superstar1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
BlackTechnology:

But Anambra is not owing rather the government increased salaries

Son of Aregbese grin

Descendants of Cain is Ebonyi not owing?

Is Abia not owing?

Aregbe even has projects to show, while Abia has the dirty and cesspit of Aba to show.

Yeye dey smell.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by tucky200(m): 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I will start by saying that I still believe in a united and prosperous Nigeria where there is equity, fairness and justice.

My question is this, assuming that every single drop of oil dries up in Nigeria today, will those of us that believe in One Nigeria still do so? The One Nigeria that we are shouting today, is it because we genuinely love our country and love one another or is it because of love for crude oil and by extension money? The love of money is the root of all evil.

Another question is this, assuming all the oil reserves located in the Niger Delta were located in the far north say NW, would they not have called for Nigeria to break up long time ago? I personally think the northerners would have quickly severed relationship with the infidel South and formed their own country so that they could solely enjoy their crude oil. If with the South largely feeding this nation mostly from sales of crude oil, the North can be as arrogant as they are presently, just imagine what it would have been if the reverse were the case.

I rest my case.
*Bottom line*
U want biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by RomanticAngela(f): 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

so after the war was won and the north completely took over power what stopped their araba? What stopped them from returning the country to Regional System? The taste of oil money I guess. embarassed
You forgot to add that after the War, after the collapse of military rule which saw the emergence of the 2nd republic, Joseph Wayas, a man from Cross river was the Senate President; Ume Ezeoke, an ibo man was the speaker. The ibos and the SouthSouth dominated the legislative arm of government then, why didnt you enact laws that will see to the return of regionalsim? What were your lawmakers doing then?

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Wsdm: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2015
When Groundnut and cocoa were sustaining us, why didn't the North and the South West ask for separation? The fact remain that the North and the South West are naturally accommodating to other Nigerians- the reasons why they have the greatest influx of people from other parts of the country.
Mind you that the Hausa/Fulanis are not with the mentality of born to rule. But read this simple analysis;
1 They are most populated.
2 They are most United.
3 They are most accommodating(which will add to their population)
With the above, except they relinquish power willingly in a democracy, no other region can muscle them in a fair election.
This is why other region feel intimidated and thereby coined the phrase- 'born to rule'.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
RomanticAngela:
You forgot to add that after the War, after the collapse of military rule which saw the emergence of the 2nd republic, Joseph Wayas, a man from Cross river was the Senate President; Ume Ezeoke, an ibo man was the speaker. The ibos and the SouthSouth dominated the legislative arm of government then, why didnt you enact laws that will see to the return of regionalsim? What were your lawmakers doing then?

After your counter coup and the northerners took over power from the Igbos/Easterners why didn't you reverse Ironsi's decrees?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Those That Have Been Calling For One Nigeria To Remain by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
superstar1:

Descendants of Cain is Ebonyi not owing?

Is Abia not owing?

Aregbe even has projects to show, while Abia has the dirty and cesspit of Aba to show.

Yeye dey smell.

The Igbos are descendants of Isaac...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Nnamdi Kanu Said About The Name Nigeria / What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. / Oyo: PDP Congratulates Makinde On Victory At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.