Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. (49908 Views)

Help Me To Order Something On Konga Konga Agent / 10 Apps That'll Make Your Smartphone Smarter / Your Smartphone Is Smarter Than You... Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
jumia...wetin i find go megathon self.......i got an innjoo fire from d megathon deal...delivered on wednesday....d phone dey reboot continously......and d fire na thru thru.........imagine i put on 3g and after 2minz d phone go hot pass infinix hot com start to reboot like say one invisible spirit dey help me hold power button....jumia service dey tell me make i go one place for ikeja for repair...i just hope na free dem go do am tomao........time to stick to konga

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ok... Noted...
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by mkoabiola: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
I am yet to trade with any of dem.
But frm ppu's opinion on NL ,konga is beta dan jumia
I will stick to konga,by nx week I will order for a split AC
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
ezeigbo194:
Open this link and fill the form, u will be asked who added you type Chiedozie Okafor and u will get #500 airtime to any network u use! It not a joke, ...... http:///0TafyogOeC konga is giving away Airtime please hurry don't miss out.write Chiedozie Okafor as the person who reffered you
bro that thing nah scam oh. I don doo am tire. More than. 15 people registered under my name but N5 I no see...
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
ezeigbo194:
Open this link and fill the form, u will be asked who added you type Chiedozie Okafor and u will get #500 airtime to any network u use! It not a joke, ...... http:///0TafyogOeC konga is giving away Airtime please hurry don't miss out.write Chiedozie Okafor as the person who reffered you
bro that thing nah scam oh. I don doo am tire. More than. 15 people registered under my name but N5 I no see... To the extent my contacts on Whatsapp started threatening me and calling me a fraudster.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Elkiko(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
I have been doing business with Konga over a year now, spent over 200k and still counting . They are not perfect but Deh are better far better than jumie

1 Like

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by pride4legacy(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
[/quote][b][/b]
lacicrips:
Last month, I bought a washing machine and a microwave oven from Jumia which they delivered. The washing machine worked well, but the microwave on the other hand failed to heat my food, just showing lights. I emailed them about the issue, and they replied back and asked that I repack it. In 48hrs, the same delivery man who delivered came to pick it up. In less than 24hrs, they emailed and texted back that the item has been received and that they've converted it to a voucher and that I was free to reorder with it. I emailed back and told them I'd prefer a refund instead, and provided my account number. The following day I saw my money in my account.

Why am I saying this? These are new companies in a very challenging field operating in a country such as Nigeria where things don't work. We've got to be patient with these guys, and continually let them keep innovating. They aren't even making profits yet, just living on investors' money and hope.

I buy virtually everything, especially electronics from either stores depending on availability and pricing, and the experience has been okay so far, though you have to be patient sometimes.

The one area I will fault both companies is their deals and promo sales - they're mostly scams, and I don't know why they do this. Its either the promo products are sold out or they give a ridiculous price and then discount it to the normal price of the item - very dishonest. And both companies are guilty of this.

Overall, in the next 3-5years, these companies would be doing great. That I'm sure of.
[quote author=AkunneObinna post=34518168] bro that thing nah scam oh. I don doo am tire. More than. 15 people registered under my name but N5 I no see... To the extent my contacts on Whatsapp started threatening me and calling me a fraudster.
lacicrips:
Last month, I bought a washing machine and a microwave oven from Jumia which they delivered. The washing machine worked well, but the microwave on the other hand failed to heat my food, just showing lights. I emailed them about the issue, and they replied back and asked that I repack it. In 48hrs, the same delivery man who delivered came to pick it up. In less than 24hrs, they emailed and texted back that the item has been received and that they've converted it to a voucher and that I was free to reorder with it. I emailed back and told them I'd prefer a refund instead, and provided my account number. The following day I saw my money in my account.

Why am I saying this? These are new companies in a very challenging field operating in a country such as Nigeria where things don't work. We've got to be patient with these guys, and continually let them keep innovating. They aren't even making profits yet, just living on investors' money and hope.

I buy virtually everything, especially electronics from either stores depending on availability and pricing, and the experience has been okay so far, though you have to be patient sometimes.

The one area I will fault both companies is their deals and promo sales - they're mostly scams, and I don't know why they do this. Its either the promo products are sold out or they give a ridiculous price and then discount it to the normal price of the item - very dishonest. And both companies are guilty of this.

Overall, in the next 3-5years, these companies would be doing great. That I'm sure of.
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by zeb04(f): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
I ordered for innjo one from jumai since last week nd no response.they are simply stupid nd slow....so pissed.
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by pride4legacy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
all got their weaknesses
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Resido: 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
They are all thieves. Konga is way better sha. All their promotions are scam. Its always out of stock.why call it a promotion when I can't order anything.
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by BTT(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
lacicrips:

The voice of hope and reality.

God bless your wisdom.
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by sleemfesh: 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
I dunno if Konga paid people to do this. I bought an item on Black Friday and paid straight. 5days or so later Konga cancelled it on their own. The first person I spoke with on customer care told me item finished so they cancelled it. Lousy.

The second person handed me over to a manager of some sort who told me my payment was delayed by my bank and so it was canceled. I told her she's lying. That I got an alert and till them I was speaking to her there was no reversal yet. She kept trying to je smart till I told her I recorded an operator saying they cancelled it cos it finished. That's when she knew I wasn't kidding. I threatened to upload it and tag them. And actually I did record the call. Accepting my payment meant there's product and one way or the other I get what I paid for. Or did they take money for what they don't have? They didn't even get to me. I called first. Meanwhile they already have my cash. Took me another week to take my refund.

Last week I needed an a SATA HDD badly and ordered on Konga as Jumia didn't have. The merchant called me and delivered himself after 2 days. He complained that Kinga keeps delaying his goofs getting to the customer. This is a merchant o. Me the buyer woulda been phucked. Last time I remember ordering from Jumia I got it following day and paid on delivery.

My experience.

2 Likes

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by adelolaa(m): 12:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
I cut ma tie with Jumia today... Thief with fake promo angry

Otg cable is #400+ on Konga.com.ng while Mumu selling their own 2k+... Idi0t people grin

Konga.com.ng calling cool
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by wilhazcar: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
[quote author=Tolzeal post=34362188][/quote] JUMIA 419!!!
I placed order for Beats by Dre headphone (priced N19K), they supplied me earpiece (N5K). Called their customer service to complain after discovery. They promised to pick it up. Each time I called to say their agent hasn't shown up, they give cock and bull story of how they tried to reach me on phone but could not. We exchanged mails, calls etc. I tried to lure an agent (with a sincere plan to buy another product from them) so i could return the wrong item. The agent came (and was willing to retrieve the wrong product), but the Customer Service told him he'll be on his own, since the retrieval was not scheduled. This whole process lasted over 6 months. They subsequently refused to acknowledge my mail. I decided to bear the loss, and move on, but promise myself to share this story everywhere i see JUMIA mentioned, so that discerning nigerians can be aware of their scam. And of course I also know about customers who got lots of sub-standard products that couldn't be returned or replaced. In a nutshell, JUMIA is FRAUDULENT!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by tr3y(m): 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
lacicrips:

I couldn't agree with you more on the promo scams, happened to me.

It was during Jumia 2000 naira mobile app promo. I ordered for goods and applied the promo code. Next thing I know is jumia sent a text that my order could not be delivered due to the supplier being out of stock. Okay fine let me use the coupon again since my first order is unfulfilled, the code did not work ooo.

Call their Customer care, they said there is nothing they can do about it.

Most of the promo are dishonest means to an end IMHO.
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by didano1: 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
u can order ur items on konga.. is pay on delivery nation wide... contact me with 08037686968 or add me on whatsapp. tnx
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by davidque007(m): 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
Seems we all have different experiences with konga and jumia. I have used both jumia and konga and they both delivered good quality products on time and it was free

1 Like

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by davidque007(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Seems we all have different experiences with konga and jumia. I have used both jumia and konga and they both delivered good quality products on time and it was free delivery
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by baroun04(m): 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
Konga
- has reach, it delivered to my area at baruwa or then place of work at vi. All though they have some lazy delivery men who don't call before coming,
- now at aba have order for two items, one flagged as shipped with out any delivery status and no call even after merchant called for alteration of colur due to drop in stock but no delivery call. I called a scam talking customer rep that increased my anger with empty talks

Jumia
- does not have reach
- bought only one item, had s good response both can't really make a case cos of limited reach

1 Like

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by niceguy7(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
Lagusta:

And they really need to improve....

Their recent app sale promo was also a hogwash!!!

I'm a konga fan, but we really have to call a spade what it is.....

Konga needs to buckle up, while jumia needs to close shop!!!!
If jumia closes shop
Konga will nw relent.....and become worse...
I love competition.

1 Like

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by rad8(m): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
I prefer konga to jumia...jumia are just good at making noise

1 Like

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by cdz: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
I couldn't help but come in here to comment. Anyone saying anything nice about Konga hasn't yet experienced just how inefficient and clumsy they can be. My very first online shopping experience was with Konga. I ordered an Infinix Hot phone, black, and after six days of waiting, they delivered a red phone which I was willing to tolerate. It turned out that the phone was also dysfunctional and wouldn't charge. This marked the beginning of what was to be the longest period of frustration for me.

I called customer care forever and each time I got the same meaningless prattle: "We are really sorry. We are working on it. Thank you for shopping with Konga." Mind you, the calls aren't free.

After about three weeks of trying to get my money back - by now I had given up on the product - I got a message informing me that my account with Konga had been credited and that I may use the money to reorder the product. I thanked them and immediately sent my account details for a refund of my money. They replied and informed me that they needed three to four working days to effect the transfer. That didn't go down well with me, yet I waited. After one week I called them again and again. At some point the agent I was speaking with asked me to go to my bank to check whether I had been credited. I was simply livid! When I pressed her to produce evidence of payment on their part, she hung up.

Meanwhile, I reordered the same phone from Jumia while waiting for the refund from Konga. I ordered on Sunday afternoon and they delivered on the morning of the very next day. And, yes, they delivered to specification. Konga was yet to effect my refund and so I had to raise the cash to pay Jumia from elsewhere. Another week passed before I finally got the refund from Konga.

And by the way, I got the phone for 16K from Jumia without delivery charges while Konga had charged me 22K including shipping and only refunded the cost of the phone and withheld the rest of my money.

I have since had several other transactions with Jumia and they are yet to fail me. I have sworn never to use Konga ever again and that is not about to change. The most annoying aspect of my experience with Konga is the realisation that these guys don't have any physical shop that you can walk into and demand to see whoever the heck is running that house of chaos.

So, if you think Konga is cool, it's because luck is on your side yet.

4 Likes

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by shevon: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
angry angry angry angry
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by shevon: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
Kamaye:
Konga is the best, free shipping and pay on delivery to all 36 States. I was trying to order Innjoo fire from Jumia for 17,700 but when I proceed to check out the price change 20k, they have added more than 2k shipping cost and no pay on delivery to my city Jos, imagine a city as big as Jos and jumia could not offer POD?
I can relate with this. They said if I purchased anything from my phone app for the first time, I will get 2k off. I actually did and saw the 2k discount before i checked out only for Jumia to call to confirm the order and told me the amount i would pay will include the 2k i got as discount. I told them to buzz off and shove thier idiotic product up where the sun don't shine. Effing scammers.
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by akinswaggs(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
dy27:
Konga under my feet..Jumia to me has never disappointed but I don't know about you.In my company (Multi national) we use Jumia and they are perfect so far...

Konga in the other hand swindle me and a colleague on a useless tablet called "spark" a mal function tablet that didn't even last a week, we complain and they never help in whatever way, either to replace or repair..I can never forgive that useless konga cos they are unreliable!
Order for spark tablet and you will see for yourself.. Pathetic..

Jumia to me is still on point..sorry I use harsh words but I'm just pissed with what they did to us.

Lol im sure u must jave bought it from the black Friday, anyways i also bought the Tab and it crashed within a month... Had to sell it for 4k to people who repair phones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by gpokraki(m): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
#JUMIA all the way

1 Like

Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Laredojohn(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
Good I see Nigerians coming out to criticize and support their choice for ecommerce, as a seller on konga, konga is superb they have their flaws too, but their all system of ecommerce management has given people like me the opportunity to sell stuffs online to buyers all across Nigeria and still work full time...in terms of delivery konga is cheapest, with their K express as a merchant I can ship to far north with as low as 1k, likewise commission charged we sellers on sales is far the lowest, no matter your category, the highest u are charged is 10% which is totally fair enough, talk about their dispute resolution also they are trying, had cases of good meant to be delivered got missing in transit back, my cost of sales was refunded...I know they are working on their flaws , have attempted selling on jumia, their commission is killing it does not support smes at all. Just to mention a few, konga is far better always .
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by legalwealth(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
Lagusta:

And they really need to improve....

Their recent app sale promo was also a hogwash!!!

I'm a konga fan, but we really have to call a spade what it is.....

Konga needs to buckle up, while jumia needs to close shop!!!!

I support you...
Last year,Jumia frustrated me on my first order with them and still went away with my N4,000 plus
up till now.
They claimed they refunded it back to my Visa card,I called them that I didn't see it and they never
bothered.

I advise anyone buying from Jumia to always use "Pay on delivery" option and never pay them using
card else you will 99% not get back your money if they tell you after some days that the item is not
available until they frustrate you to tell them to refund your money.

You'll be On Your Own...
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
KAYMU.COM.NG is the best....cheapest deals are found there and delivery is cool too
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by Ayosh(m): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
If any of you have ever done business with kaymu you'd realize konga and Jumia really are trying.

One thing I caught from doing business with both is when it comes to affordability, konga stands out even though delivery timing is way behind Jumia.
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by mekstaniac(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
Konga takes almost 2 weeks to deliver an item for me. Jumia does dis in less dan a week
Re: JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. by maxjax(m): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
I need a lawyer to sue Jumia...... How would they know that infinix hot note pro is 8mp, went ahead to make an ad that it's 13mp :@

Cc: honsule

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whatsapp Is Now On Status / MTN Launches N10 Recharge Cards Today / MTN Data Gifting: How To Send MB Data Bundle From MTN Number To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.