Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:23 AM

Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail (1112 Views)

Unremitted N450bn: EFCC To Grill Jonathan’s Ex-ministers, Perm Secs / Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper / Wike Orders Arrest Of Pro-biafra Agitators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by HzRF(m): 3:08am On Jun 03, 2015
The RIVERS State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has directed permanent secretaries in the state to produce account details of their ministries’ expenditure over the last 18 months.

Wike also advised the permanent secretaries to shun partisan politics as career civil servants, adding that the role some of them played in the closing days of the immediate past administration was politically-motivated.

The governor, who addressed the permanent secretaries during a meeting at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Tuesday, expressed regret that some of them helped the immediate past administration to illegally withdraw funds from government coffers up to May 28, 2015.

“I want full details and printout of every ministry’s account in the last 18 months. I will not accept any handover note without an accompanying account details.

“The government was coming to a close and some of you were busy signing cheques on 26th, 27th and 28th of May. On May 28, the Transition Committee called most of you and you refused to cooperate because they told you I would not be sworn in,” Wike told the permanent secretaries.

The governor, who promised that he would not embark on a witch-hunt of any civil servant irrespective of his role during the electioneering period, maintained that no civil servant would be allowed to sabotage the efforts of his administration.

He, however, urged the permanent secretaries to work with his administration to revive the state and put back smiles on the faces of the people.

The governor added that all backdated employments and indiscriminate issuance of certificates of occupancy by the immediate past administration would be re-visited.

Wike specifically directed the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Lands and Survey to produce relevant land documents for examination.

The permanent secretaries were led to the meeting by the Head of Service, Mr. Samuel Longjohn.

http://www.punchng.com/news/wike-orders-perm-secs-to-produce-18-month-account-details/
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by stevnwigw1: 3:14am On Jun 03, 2015
amaechi mr anti corruption is in for a long thing.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by gobizzy101: 4:21am On Jun 03, 2015
Na only 18months? E 4 b 18yrs
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Jorussia(m): 4:39am On Jun 03, 2015
Any account details not from 2007,is a complete waste of time. Why 18months?so the people of rivers don't deserve to know account details from 2007?If wike wants to probe the govt of amaechi,he should start from 2007,if he wants people to take him serious.
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 03, 2015
I be actor supporter for this action film.
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by alberto2k(m): 5:10am On Jun 03, 2015
Ifaa hear say the Record dey available. . . Nigerian Govt. sucks at keeping Data Records undecided

Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Sweetguy25: 5:57am On Jun 03, 2015
Nice one Wike. That's a serious administrator in motion unlike Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 03, 2015
Last minute looting by Amaechi bursted!
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by stuff46(m): 6:13am On Jun 03, 2015
Action time!
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 03, 2015
Wasome Wike abi wetin be that him name sed, are yhu here to govern Rivers state or just for witch-hunting? Better make use of the little time yhu have in that government house before the come knocking.
With that yhur big head like my own.
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by hopilo: 6:37am On Jun 03, 2015
Treesome Wike, take am easy na.
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by chesterlee(m): 6:57am On Jun 03, 2015
Action man!!!!

I so love this wike guy #NoHomo
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 03, 2015
Wike d man of d people Don't be shocked Wen u see die-hard apc fanz kicking against dis
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by David0(m): 7:05am On Jun 03, 2015
Imagine PMB first month in office hunting at past president. This guy is not smart. Focus on ur administration n leave d rest to play itself out.
If PMB decides to prob even Wike will b affected. So just put d past behind like PMB. We all know everyone on dat sit steals even u will not b exempted.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by POPdecorator: 7:11am On Jun 03, 2015
Wike shey na this rubbish u 1 use 4yrs for? Abi what am i saying gan 6yrs jare
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by POPdecorator: 7:15am On Jun 03, 2015
Wike shey na this rubbish u 1 do for 4yrs? Abi what am i saying gan 6month jare
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Wike d man of d people
Don't be shocked
Wen u see die-hard apc fanz kicking against dis
this is why some people never progress. They allow sentiments to becloud everything. Instead of you guys to urge him to get down to the business of governing the state, you are commending him for going on a revenge mission. When maladministration hits the state, I wonder who you'll blame.
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 03, 2015
juicee1:
this is why some people never progress. They allow sentiments to becloud everything. Instead of you guys to urge him to get down to the business of governing the state, you are commending him for going on a revenge mission. When maladministration hits the state, I wonder who you'll blame.
but you were hailing buhari the time he promise to probe GEJ. hypocrite.
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by gratieao: 8:09am On Jun 03, 2015
Amechi is heading to prison. Buhari will not save him
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 03, 2015
The 18 months covers from when Amaechi started siphoning money to fund nPDP and APC, paying salaries for states like Osun and bankrolling Buhari.

[size=14pt]By the way, I learnt the North is no longer comfortable making Amaechi SGF as earlier promised! Initially, it was VP, then SGF, now nobody knows, may be they will offer him ambassadorial post to a far country like Russia so that he will be far from seat of government. The North can never trust such a rabble rouser around Buhari[/size]
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by gratieao: 8:13am On Jun 03, 2015
juicee1:
Will you say the same thing if buhari decide to probe GEJ administration? Yoruba people are funny hypocrities
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Chiaka(f): 9:38am On Jun 03, 2015
Gov. Wike doing the right thing!
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by Dollyak(f): 9:41am On Jun 03, 2015
Great move. Every government should be responsible for their actions.
Re: Wike Orders Perm Secs To Produce 18-month Account Detail by ideykwum: 10:21am On Jun 03, 2015
You're talking rubbish!

POPdecorator:
Wike shey na this rubbish u 1 do for 4yrs? Abi what am i saying gan 6month jare

(1) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Saraki- Led APC Lawmakers Endorse David Mark For 3rd Term / Akwa Ibom Governor, Akpabio, Mbang Visits Obasanjo / Finally, An Imam Who Is Strongly And Boldly Aganist Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.