Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. (61601 Views)

Extreme Military Engineering: Fascinating Facts About Aircraft Carriers. / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. / Extreme Military Technology: Reason We Must Avoid World War III (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Feraz:
I recall someone embezzling over $16B to buy us darkness. . . angry

Seriously, is this the same country Nigeria got her independence before her? Sad that we are still stuck here trying to achieve constant power supply and fighting ourselves. . .

Civil and Structural Engineering taken to the extreme. . . Waiting for when Japan's Shimizu mega city pyramid will become reality. . .
we should be sent away from this world
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
joeace2020:
It's a shame that majority of you are trading blames and many are blaming lack of education. The problem with Africans as some of you spotted is Africans. We are not willing to do anything about the situation we find ourselves. In developed nations, it is People who have built a name for themselves that go into politics but in Nigeria, it is never-do-wells and rogues that go into politics and then we the gullible masses praise and call them roll models and saviors. Youths wake up from your slumber, get skills and change your world today. Africa is ripe for change, let us start now please...... we can't trade blames for ever, we asked for change but that change is not in Buhari's but in us. It's time we grew skills, put them use and be determined to change Nigeria with those skills

The problem with Nigeria is religion. The colonists' most potent and longest lasting weapon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by iykmon: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
Where did we get it wrong as a nation. Our leaders failed in their leadership roles.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Onegai(f): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
gtnofllwr:

You need to learn your history. When the black Egyptians were building the great pyramids. the whites and Asians were still living in caves. All of the world's scientific advancement would not be possible without the civilisational force that was black Egypt. They just copied all the science and technology from Egypt.

A prolific Nairalander, gatiano, knows even more about the past glory of the black Africans, which overshadows anything the nonblacks have achieved since.

The past, the past, the past. I've been waiting for someone to bring that up on this thread. The Asians have one of the oldest most advanced cultures ever, so did the Arabs. They were all colonised and exploited (just like us). Yet they are not singing "in the past, we were glorious! " They have moved on to reclaim and outdo their brilliant heritage.

Africa is like that guy who at age 40, is boasting of his exploits in secondary school as a teenager. Whilst others have gone onto great things, the only highlight of his life is his past.

Only Africans are still giving themselves that excuse...

In 20 year's time, I'm sure we will still be singing "the past, the past, the past"

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by tsdarkside(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
anything that black-people didnt build,i have no interesst...
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
southniyikaye:
if ur engine should Bleep up in the middle of this bridge,I don't know what will be ur faith because pushing things is out of Tue question

U will definitely call auto crane or 911 to tow the vehicle now, it's not some countries.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by ramdris(m): 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
Op God bless for you for this wonderful thread. The best have seen on nairaland... kiss (No homo pls!)
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
JoeCutie:
Oyibo! They don't even fear God again. One day, they'd build 'Heaven' for us. embarassed

Some of those stuff look highly unbelievable, unimaginable, and indeed, highly impossible...to human capabilities. Many of them look like nature just put them there. God! Are these people for real?

Sile12, what's happening, brother? I'm almost getting discouraged. embarassed

Don't get confused o bro, cos they're real.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by JoeCutie(m): 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sile12:

Don't get confused o bro, cos they're real.
embarassed
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
teeboy03:
Gobe is when you make a wrong turn on a road like this.

grin Nothing much, if you make a wrong turn I you have to reproach. It wil only cost you some 15 minutes or more to get back to the right lane.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by missKiffy(f): 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
This is great
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ilekeh:
I almost cried looking the the cost because I know Nigeria can afford it.

Definitely, we can even afford more.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by 9jatatafo(m): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Science at its best!!!!
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Meti99(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
Walahi
This is Hi-tech Engineering re-defined..

Am loving these.

Hoping to visit some of these places soonest

1 Like

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by ogoigbe(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sile12:
16. Marquette Interchange. $810Million. pls take me there,dont wan to think of coming back to 9ja
[size=8pt][/size]

Tonnes: 60,000.

17. Los Angeles: Pregerson Interchange. $135 Million.

18. Seattle Interchange.

19. Chicago Interchange.

Source: http://usa.streetsblog.org/2014/07/01/8-monster-interchanges-that-blight-american-cities/
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by kuuljay(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
pimped hut
middle belt nigeria
cost $500

5 Likes

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by sunsewa: 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
sile12 that's nice very educative and eye opener.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by gatiano(m): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
What and who are you without your past? What past of you do you know? was it the past or history of you told by another people or Your history told to you by your own people?

True, one must commend the deeds of these new people, true they did well for themselves. To an enlightened Black person who know just about 0.5% of his/her history, The whiteman's civilization is like a spit of saliva compare to the oceans of this planet. (i'm not boosting).

They are all together just a little bit over 6000 years, comparing to Us (Black people), of trillions upon trillions years. Do you think all those trillion years, we were jumping on trees?

Have you even ever wondered why, no matter the technology or stuffs we imported and are importing from them (light races), just kind of magically turns evil on our side? that we can't and couldn't make good of them?

Like I said, I commend the structures, however, it only woooows a black person who lack the knowledge of self and his/her history.
Onegai:

The past, the past, the past. I've been waiting for someone to bring that up on this thread. The Asians have one of the oldest most advanced cultures ever, so did the Arabs. They were all colonised and exploited (just like us). Yet they are not singing "in the past, we were glorious! " They have moved on to reclaim and outdo their brilliant heritage.

Africa is like that guy who at age 40, is boasting of his exploits in secondary school as a teenager. Whilst others have gone onto great things, the only highlight of his life is his past.

Only Africans are still giving themselves that excuse...

In 20 year's time, I'm sure we will still be singing "the past, the past, the past"
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by austin2all: 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
With these pictures that I've seen, I've come to conclude that Nigeria is a dream killer.

These structures are people's thoughts. I wonder how many years it will take Nigerian architectures to be able to compete with the designers on these structures.

For once in a very long time I just realized how backward we are in thin country. Courtesy of our constant sick government.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by austin2all: 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Now I believe that heaven and hell are real. Africa is definitely the hell, I'm sure you know the heavens.

Mehn, these guys are already in 22nd century.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Onegai(f): 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
gatiano:
What and who are you without your past? What past of you do you know? was it the past or history of you told by another people or Your history told to you by your own people?

True, one must commend the deeds of these new people, true they did well for themselves. To an enlightened Black person who know just about 0.5% of his/her history, The whiteman's civilization is like a spit of saliva compare to the oceans of this planet. (i'm not boosting).

They are all together just a little bit over 6000 years, comparing to Us (Black people), of trillions upon trillions years. Do you think all those trillion years, we were jumping on trees?

Have you even ever wondered why, no matter the technology or stuffs we imported and are importing from them (light races), just kind of magically turns evil on our side? that we can't and couldn't make good of them?

Like I said, I commend the structures, however, it only woooows a black person who lack the knowledge of self and his/her history.

LOL, you don't know me, if you did, you would never mention History of the African race to me (trust me on this and no, I won't explain more than that). I still stand by my words "We should stop singing 'the past, the past, the past', and start redefining our future".

2 Likes

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by cmpunk: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
At least we get 50,000 seater church auditorium in Ota acclaimed to be the largest in the world.

Naija we hail thee. lol

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by gatiano(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
I know You well. You love to look with somebody else's gaze.
Onegai:

LOL, you don't know me, if you did, you would never mention History of the African race to me (trust me on this and no, I won't explain more than that). I still stand by my words "We should stop singing 'the past, the past, the past', and start redefining our future".
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
no. 13 looks like opera bowser logo
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Kangol99(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wow!!! These are great!

I love Engineering because it's a course of the INTELLIGENT people.

I celebrate Engineers that have inspired the world and have made the world a better place.

One day i would be an engineer!

Nice post!
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by mechanics(m): 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wondaful.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by babardos70: 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by babardos70: 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sile12:
2. The Emirates Palace.

The Emirates Palace is a luxury hotel that can be found in Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates. The hotel was designed by architect John Elliott RIBA. The cost to build it was 3.9 billion GBP. This amazing hotel opened its doors in November 2005. However, some of the restaurants and spas that are part of the complex only opened in 2006.

Source: http://www.homedit.com/10-of-the-most-expensive-buildings-in-the-world/

POINT OF CORRECTION ON NUMBER 2. The fotos look as if you mixed the the car pool of SULTAN OF BRUNEI cars with Emirate palace hotel

I'm not so sure whether that your number 2 is correct because he looks like one of the garages that belongs to the SULTAN OF BRUNEI where he keeps some some of his car. You will see the palace you mentioned at the back while the cars are in front. MIND YOU THE SULTAN OF BRUNEI HAS THE BIGGEST COLLECTION OF CARS IN THE WORLD. CUSTOMISED CARS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW THAT EXIST IN THE WORLD. Even Jay Leno bowed when he visited his palace. So for Jay Leno to bow, then you know what it means. Goggle Sultan of BRUNEI to see what I'm talking about.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
JoeCutie, thanks. Have a nice night. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by JoeCutie(m): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sile12:
JoeCutie, thanks. Have a nice night. .
You too. smiley
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
These pictures are jaw dropping. WOW!
viewijg time amngonna read a thread without any lady viewing

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Kingsasian(m): 8:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
SilverSurfer:
And here in Africa we're still enmeshed in tribalism, nepotism and worthless pride. Imagine a situation whereby all the ethnic groups in a third World jungle like Nigeria is seeking to lord it over others. The sense wey God give us na only to use am loot, do ritual, kidnap, carry drugs and slaughter others naim we sabi. Imagine people like China, India and Brazil wey be our mate before don leave us tey tey and we still get time dey bicker over who get IGR pass for naija. The way forward Is to imitate what China and India did; Send the best brain among us to the developed nations and allow them there for some years to learn extreme engineering like this, recall them at the appropriate time to come and replicate what they have learnt. Otherwise we can all choose to deny the obvious truth and keep running round in circles when the World has gone beyond solving the problems of bad road, power supply and pipe borne water.
the truth is that even if more than half of the populace of this nation is sent abroad to learn these extreme engineering our government will not provide the finances to execute the projects here. All they know is how to loot, loot, loot. We can never ever attain the level of these "super nations". I feel so ashamed for being an African.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimpanzee Hugs Woman Who Rescued Her From Illegal Bushmeat Trade In Congo / World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 / Goat "Attacks" Lion At Ogba Zoo In Benin, The Lion Later Caught It (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.