Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. (61570 Views)

Extreme Military Engineering: Fascinating Facts About Aircraft Carriers. / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. / Extreme Military Technology: Reason We Must Avoid World War III (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by nwadiuko1(m): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
If even with the kind of platform nairaland provides for us the youths we cannot take advantage of it and organize ourselves to find a way of salvaging this country.....then there is really no hope for us

1 Like

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Kingsasian(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
One of the reasons why National Geographic channel will always be my favourite channel on dstv. I am amazed at the wonders of the whites and asians. There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing to say or show about Africa.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Kingsasian(m): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
eaglechild:
How can a thread be so exhilarating and depressing at the same time.
I dey tell u.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by seagullbabz(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
What of Obasanjo's Library?

Sile12:
Some Libraries of the world.

23. British Library.

Size (Numbers of items): 170M.

Budget: £141 Million.

24. National Library of China.

Size (Numbers of items): 31M.

Budget: Undocumented.

Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_libraries
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Taryehmiseh(m): 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
Op you forgot to add this in your stadium list

Akwa Ibom Stadium

Cost:96 million dollars.

ATLEAST OUR MOUTH DEY DERE.

I dont know why the pics wont add

1 Like

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Kingsasian(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
WolvyX5:
The older geneartion are the ones killing us. Who don't appreciate such things. And keep living a retrogressive way of life. Even with d billions stolen they still don't know what to do wiv it. Until most are dead and gone. That's when the younger generation who have a sense of pride and appreciate innovation, will take Nigeria to d promised land. And also Africa as a whole . If we don't have anything to bring to the table on the global stage. The white/chinese/Arabs will continue to look down on us. But the mumu older generation don't understand this Heck! I believe what the whites can do , I can also. And am proud of my skin color.

God bless Africa. We shall get there someday.
my brother, we can and will never get there not when all we the younger generation do is to ping, chat, think of possessing the latest wears and gadgets and the guys/ladies discuss more of the number of women/men we have slept with and is still thinkin of the next lady or maga to fall prey to us yet we fight and tongue lash the older generations for the problems in our nation. Until we the younger generations change our mentality we will never get there.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Kingsasian(m): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

The aerodynamics of that bullet train is awesome, less drag, why e no go fast lol?
the ones we have na locomotive caravans....lol

1 Like

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by gnykelly(m): 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sile12:
41. Lifting Equipments we suppose to have in our states.

Sometime back, a 40ft container dropped on a 18seater Bus and it took the rescue officials about a day to lift the container off the victims. They had to move from one state to another before they could get a mobile crane.

I don't think its too much if the FRSC is having 3 of this in each state in case of emergency.

Liebherr LTM1070-4.2

Lifting capacity: Over 100tonnes.

Cost: $1M (Varies).

sile you got it wrong there is a leasing firm along Abeokuta express way exactly at toll gate that have this kind of equipment.

2 Likes

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Kingsasian(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
austin2all:
Now I believe that heaven and hell are real. Africa is definitely the hell, I'm sure you know the heavens.

Mehn, these guys are already in 22nd century.
u hv said it all
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by swagifted(m): 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kingsasian:
One of the reasons why National Geographic channel will always be my favourite channel on dstv. I am amazed at the wonders of the whites and asians. There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing to say or show about Africa.
we can transfer juju ...wirelessly
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by gatiano(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Not everything that glitters is gold. Black people, what is wrong with our brains? Why don't we use it for 1 min in a day? Like I always say, A dead/zombie Black man lacks practical mathematics. And whoever lacks the sense and knowledge of practical mathematics becomes a slave to those who knows a little mathematics.

Why are we wooooowing beautiful poverty and cursing our own blessings?

Don't we know what skyscrappers means?
1) it means that there is no more place, no more horizontal space to expand, next is to build up- that is poverty.
2) White people would only build on a unfertile land. Black ignorant with no knowledge of self will build a mansion on a very fertile land, that would yield 100 times more than the mansion.
3) pope of the vatican is just appealling to global government to reduce the excessive filth like used carbon gases and related gases on to the earth. Well, How can that be possible if all that is left to the poor so called develop nations is to extract excessively to cater their need?
A lot of nuclear stations are now time bombs, fukushima is development now, only now nemesis.
4) Overpopulation, Yet Black people have been deceived into believing that we are over-populating (poor brains black people). Our population is the most perfect, the ration between male and female is 50:50.

To cut the story short, Why on earth do we need any of the things we clamour for? We do not need much skyscrapper in africa, except of the coastline. Africa still have millions of empty spaces. When all Black people in the world relocate to Africa, There would still be hundred of thousands and millions of acres and/or hecares left.

Brothers and sisters, You don't just see a gold plated rock and fall in love for it, You should understand why it is so in the first- place and what benefit it will give you on a long term.

It turns out that the other races can't control or balance their population growth.

We do need so good roads and electricity. I have said it a million times, that that would only happen when we do it by ourselves for ourselves, using the black/Moor science and technology. Anything else is simply a dream. Anything we wish to do must be done our own way. Is our cultural clothings not the best? They are the best!

2 Likes

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Kingsasian(m): 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
swagifted:
we can transfer juju ...wirelessly
hahahahahahaha
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
gtnofllwr:

You need to learn your history. When the black Egyptians were building the great pyramids. the whites and Asians were still living in caves. All of the world's scientific advancement would not be possible without the civilisational force that was black Egypt. They just copied all the science and technology from Egypt.

A prolific Nairalander, gatiano, knows even more about the past glory of the black Africans, which overshadows anything the nonblacks have achieved since.

I hate comments like this. This is one of the major problems of Africans, always bragging about what they had and how the white men stole all their wealth. I get am before no be property. Abeg wake up, the world has left Africa behind. You can keep telling tales about the 'good old days' or you move forward with the rest of the world.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by PAINGAIN: 10:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
Bro slie, ur threads r always on point. Kudos to u.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by gatiano(m): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
What is the gain in bragging? Absolutely nothing. It is not the nature of the Blackman or Blackwoman to brag, Those of us who do, only learnt it from the other races. And that is the point right there. We were not to get anything good from other races, We made other races from our recessive germs/genes to learn evil.
Thus, anything good we want for ourselves must be done by ourselves with the Blackman's sciences and technology. That technology that built the pyramid that the other races can't solve is the Blackman's and Blackwoman's way. We used the obeliks to distribute electricity. using wire would never work efficiently for us.

Besides, why do we need all those skyscrappers for? We have enough land, and our population is very moderate. skyscrapers signifies poverty and lack of land, and over population thus, a need to build up.
Open your eyes to see clearly what we need. So I ask you my brother, What do we need?
cnario:

I hate comments like this. This is one of the major problems of Africans, always bragging about what they had and how the white men stole all their wealth. I get am before no be property. Abeg wake up, the world has left Africa behind. You can keep telling tales about the 'good old days' or you move forward with the rest of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by mikolo80: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sile12:

The only problem we have in Nigeria or Africa at large is corruption and greed.
We value our pockets more than lives of fellow citizens, more than our names, integrity and reputation.

But whites values names, lives, history, record, integrity, and reputation.
Until we can have this mentality, we will never move forward.
NooO our problem is lack of "corruption" and greed
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
This
Is
Incredible
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
kuuljay:
pimped hut
middle belt nigeria
cost $500

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2532062_img20150618184639edit_jpeg0f4b4a0a8134c662af996d9114415887
Bwahaha... My ribs hurt for laughing out loud! Are you all right, dude? That is expensive at $500 grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
chamboy:
National Fisheries Development Board Building, Hyderabad, Telangana, india

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2531442_nationalfisheriesdevelopmentboardbuildinghyderabad_jpeg919c07628fb494ba69b99f2870381af5
What nonsense is this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by gatiano(m): 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
more than 25,000$ in some places. don't look at the hut, look at the surroundings and the greenery. fertiles lands and even the weed.
all4naija:
Bwahaha... My ribs hurt for laughing out loud! Are you all right, dude? That is expensive at $500 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by 989900: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Lack of stable electricity kills the spirit.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by akaahs(m): 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
When God had finish cration He handle d tool of creation to d Engineers to continue from where he stops. I'm pround to be one. Any objection?
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by buggaboo: 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
Great thread!
Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of how daft we all are in Nigeria.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
gnykelly:

sile you got it wrong there is a leasing firm along Abeokuta express way exactly at toll gate that have this kind of equipment.

Bro, u never said this equipment is unavailable in Nigeria at all. I said a state should have about 3-5 if this incase of emergency. So if there an accident in Ekiti State now that needs the equipment for rescue, they should move to Abeokuta to hire?
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
PAINGAIN:
Bro slie, ur threads r always on point. Kudos to u.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by mikron(m): 2:11am On Jun 19, 2015
speechless
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by ThimmyWood(m): 6:16am On Jun 19, 2015
Seriously, this is simply amazing and jaw-dropping.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by sunboy(m): 6:51am On Jun 19, 2015
all4naija:
What nonsense is this?
Only in India. On seeing the pics I can guess!
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 19, 2015
Onegai:

The past, the past, the past. I've been waiting for someone to bring that up on this thread. The Asians have one of the oldest most advanced cultures ever, so did the Arabs. They were all colonised and exploited (just like us). Yet they are not singing "in the past, we were glorious! " They have moved on to reclaim and outdo their brilliant heritage.

Africa is like that guy who at age 40, is boasting of his exploits in secondary school as a teenager. Whilst others have gone onto great things, the only highlight of his life is his past.

Only Africans are still giving themselves that excuse...

In 20 year's time, I'm sure we will still be singing "the past, the past, the past"

1000 likes. Actually, we're inherently averse to critical thinking and vision. The exploitation from the Whites is just an excuse we've only used to keep ourselves from progressing. You've spoken it all: we're NOT the only people that were colonised in the past.

We're simply NOT ready to pay the price!

Japan was all ruins after the WW2. Today, it's the world's 3rd largest economy.

Nuff said.
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by benjamytes(m): 8:18am On Jun 19, 2015
Nice
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by kuuljay(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2015
all4naija:
are you a learner? don't you know it's a government contract ni? grin grin grin
Re: Extreme Engineering: Amazing Technology, Structures, Equipments, And Cost. by 400billionman: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2015
Sile12:
20. Japan’s new maglev bullet train is now the fastest in the world. 2014.

When it comes to building high-speed trains Japan is continuing to embarrass the rest of the world, with the latest line, approved by the government this Friday, capable of travelling the 178 miles from Tokyo to Nagoya in just 40 minutes.

Cost: Unknown

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/japan-approves-construction-of-maglev-bullet-train-that-will-travel-178-miles-in-40-minutes-9802361.html

At 432 km/hr, this speed is incredible..

When will Nigeria arise ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimpanzee Hugs Woman Who Rescued Her From Illegal Bushmeat Trade In Congo / World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 / Goat "Attacks" Lion At Ogba Zoo In Benin, The Lion Later Caught It (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.