Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

President Buhari, Before It Is Too Late! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari, Before It Is Too Late! (456 Views)

This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late / Photo: Lateral View Of President Buhari [before And Now] / Lets Pray For President Buhari (before And After Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari, Before It Is Too Late! by voiceoftruthNG: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2015
No doubt, it may be too early to start casting aspersion, however, all well meaning Nigerians must make meaningful contributions to policies of government perceived to be a negation to the campaign promises of our president or the collective aspirations of all Nigerians.

While I am very optimistic on the ability of Baba to deliver on majority of his campaign promises to the populace, I must also quickly point out certain observed deviation from what is expected of the current dispensation also known as ' PEOPLE'S REVOLUTION'. Baba may not have made any strong policy decision but recent events are pointers in the wrong direction.This write up is not in any form to draw conclusions, but to make certain observations for those who have Baba's ears to draw his attention to them. I will use this avenue to therefore mention a few of the observed deviations so far as:

1. Baba immediately after his inauguration said he would not intervene with the process of electing the officials of the national assembly, and not quite 48 hrs later, the same Baba is reported to have held a meeting with APC chieftains to draw out plans on how to deliver candidate(s) of a certain geo- political zone as reported by punch newspaper www.punchng.com/news/apc-lists-criteria-for-senate-presidential-candidate/

2.It is no longer news that Baba clearly promised to do away with the office of the first lady, but immediately he was sworn into office he seems to have jettisoned this salient promise with crass disregard to the collective feelings of Nigerians, especially considering the fact that the said office is unconstitutional at the first place. This is a very bad omen. I remember how crude Nigerians were treated in Jos on Monday the 1st of June, 2015 when the First lady visited Jos, it almost made me to begin to loose hope in our hard earned expected change but we must not allow that to happen. As much as Baba has not categorically stated his support for the re-emergence of the first lady's office, he has not distanced himself from it either.

3.On the issue of public declaration of asset, late president Umaru Musa Yar' dua of blessed memory may have scored a pass mark. Even if Baba decides to make public his assets today, it will be on records that he was pressured to do so.

4.On the appointment of two spokesmen, I personally feel it was not necessary especially from Baba who believes in prudence in government.

As I said earlier, while it may yet be too early to castigate Baba of any wrong doing, it behooves on us his true supporters to point out some of these negative indicators for necessary action before it is too late because any building raised on a wrong foundation is bound to fail and we cannot afford any form of failure. TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED. Shalom
Re: President Buhari, Before It Is Too Late! by Rexceedo: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2015
1chance
Re: President Buhari, Before It Is Too Late! by importexpert(m): 11:55am On Jun 03, 2015
Thanks for pointing it out earlY enough

(1) (Reply)

Akon To Bring Solar Power To 600 Million Africans / Photo: US Politician & Pope Francis Disagree On Climate / Nigerians Will Begin To Enjoy Wi-fi Services At All National Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.