Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS (64562 Views)

Country Imports Waste From Neighbors To Fuel Waste-to-energy Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by baba11(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2015
MythAngel:
Am interested in this biomass thing ... Wanna incooperate it into my dream self reliant power generator.... Rather than using the common sources of fuel ...to drive the turbine. .. I could combine ... This and alcohol to give me my needed power ... At least NEPA will be bye gone in my house cheesy
You want to drive turbine grin?

Are you PHCN grin
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by ThundrCork(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2015
@ experienced users of biogas

For those that use local latrines or human waste. What does the biogas smell like when in use? Leakages sometimes occurs as a result of broken pipes or loose screws with conventional gas equipments which is likely to occur with biogas. I really will like to know if the gas smells like human waste ( shiit )
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by baba11(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2015
Lateralmaths:
this is what nairaland should be about. I suggest we come together and form a research group. we can take this technology to the home of every Nigerian.
I concur but to do that we may need grant and government support.If you don't mind, you can drop your number to come to be in our midst/group shocked
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by GreenUzzy(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2015
Jobaye1:
I am very surprised to hear about the gas crisis. My friend was just telling me that there was scarcity of gas alongside the fuel scarcity that almost paralysed our economy. You guys wont blame me for not being up to date with the gas situation as its been long i refilled my gas cylinder. I now use Biogas to cook at home, Biogas is gotten from the decomposition of my food leftovers. I am also happy to tell you all that the rate at which Lawma visits my compound has reduced as a sizable portion of my wastes is being recycled to gas. I have also designed a couple of Domestic biogas digesters for my neighbors and they wont stop thanking me. Biogas has all the attributes of LPG gas, only that one is way cheaper than the other. My dream is to make it start running on cars here in Nigeria so we all can be our own government.
I wanna learn this OP, please how do I contact you?
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by baba11(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2015
directonpc:
follow [US]? So this thread na advert? I bet this stuff ain't as good as op presents it
So you want everything to be free?

Mind you, there's no free food in free town grin
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 04, 2015
baba11:

I concur but to do that we may need grant and government support.If you mind, you can drop your number to come to our group

08108168276 pls add
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by baba11(m): 7:58am On Jul 04, 2015
jp130:
plz add me, i av watch biogas videos i youtube so te i feel like tryi 1
Where's your digit s
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by baba11(m): 7:59am On Jul 04, 2015
luthorcorp:
a normal rubishbin should give a better results now
Normal rubbish...?

Obviously, layman is talking...
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 8:00am On Jul 04, 2015
bqlekan:
OP, I have this little questions to ask, How do you go bou its purification? the idea of storing gas in a plastic tank doesn't sound convincing, what's your take on that? ( you might be bursted for that) due to the fact that it can't be liquefied for now, I think it poses a big problem, from storage to time of use. how do you plan on going about this?

The tank is safe to store gas, im talking from experience.. Oyinbos use geothermal membranes which is actually the safest, but its not readily available here . Storing biogas for a while before use doesnt pose any threat as the gas is not under pressure.. its wen its compressed inside cylinders without liquification that u can strt gettin worried.
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by hammyjoe(f): 8:04am On Jul 04, 2015
Please I am very interested on how to build one in my house. Actually we don't have an effective lawma truck in our area. So we have difficulty I'm disposing our waste. Please add me 08050364798. Thanks
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by directonpc(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2015
baba11:
So you want everything to be free?
Mind you, there's no free food in free town grin
Haba Noo. I like the guy marketing strategy sha
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Doppleganger: 8:08am On Jul 04, 2015
baba11:

...your whatsapp number,pls?
Pls add me to your Whatsapp group on 0811 481 1535. Thanks.
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 8:09am On Jul 04, 2015
ThundrCork:
@ experienced users of biogas

For those that use local latrines or human waste. What does the biogas smell like when in use? Leakages sometimes occurs as a result of broken pipes or loose screws with conventional gas equipments which is likely to occur with biogas. I really will like to know if the gas smells like human waste ( shiit )

I try as much as possible to run away from human faeces, so far so good im yet to get in contact with it. But in my opinion if there is leakage, you will have a pongent smell which is H2s, that gas can serve as odourant to detect gas leakages... but if you dont want the H2S, U can remove it with a desulphuriser (i use iron sponge)

1 Like

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Chuksprince: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2015
This is my number. 08065902673. Am interested bro
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by baba11(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2015
directonpc:

Haba Noo. I like the guy marketing strategy sha
#mouth shut
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Doppleganger: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2015
Jobaye1:

Whats your whatsapp no lemme add you to the grp... follow on twitter @jobayeenv

0811 481 1535. Thanks.
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Drogbotel(m): 8:18am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Remedy007: 8:26am On Jul 04, 2015
Jobaye1:

I try as much as possible to run away from human faeces, so far so good im yet to get in contact with it. But in my opinion if there is leakage, you will have a pongent smell which is H2s, that gas can serve as odourant to detect gas leakages... but if you dont want the H2S, U can remove it with a desulphuriser (i use iron sponge)

You mean iron song used for washing aluminium pots?
So how do you do that I mean the desulphuriser?
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Remedy007: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2015
Jobaye1:

You mean iron sponge used for washing aluminium pots?
So how do you do that I mean the desulphuriser?
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by luthorcorp: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2015
baba11:
Normal rubbish...?
Obviously, layman is talking...
no i meant to say ur excreta would do
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Genea(f): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2015
Jobaye1:
I am very surprised to hear about the gas crisis. My friend was just telling me that there was scarcity of gas alongside the fuel scarcity that almost paralysed our economy. You guys wont blame me for not being up to date with the gas situation as its been long i refilled my gas cylinder. I now use Biogas to cook at home, Biogas is gotten from the decomposition of my food leftovers. I am also happy to tell you all that the rate at which Lawma visits my compound has reduced as a sizable portion of my wastes is being recycled to gas. I have also designed a couple of Domestic biogas digesters for my neighbors and they wont stop thanking me. Biogas has all the attributes of LPG gas, only that one is way cheaper than the other. My dream is to make it start running on cars here in Nigeria so we all can be our own government.
wud luv to learn dis,pls email me alphonsus.jennifer@yahoo.com
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by baba11(m): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2015
luthorcorp:
no i meant to say ur excreta would do
A kid needs spanking grin
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by neocortex: 9:46am On Jul 04, 2015
Is this biogas more cost effective than the ones we have now ?
If yes that is a good initiative.
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by hopilo: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2015
forceofnature:
Shame on Allison and her goonettes

Get some brain, na person like u think this one out. What value can you add to the society other than shouting Allison.
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by dom(m): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2015
e de smell abi?
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by enyice(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2015
Baba 11,

WhatsApp Group.
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Mclick(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2015
Jobaye1:

My office is here in Lagos, i can put you through whenever you are ready

Follow us on twitter @jobayeenv for more exclusive biogas info
Good day sir, I also need to learn it. Can you pls lead me to your office so I can learn. I will be glad if you can pls connect my BB sir 5576054A. Thanks
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Knight2(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2015
MEILYN:
please add me to the group sir. 07033377498
add mi too 08062600001
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by kmaxx(m): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
Remedy007:
07033224299, STILL WAITING TO BE ADDED

Remedy007
Remedy Nwankwo? I remember you. The recharge card printing guy.
Ain't you thesame guy who made a wonderful post (here on NL) on how to print recharge cards n buy pins @cheaper rate?

My God! Make I sharply check d mail you forwarded so many of us following ur thread. That mail contained app on hw 2print Pins.

Unfortunately, Remedy scarmed n made away with monies paid 2 him 4 pins by some member of NL.
. (b4 d NL site lost)

...Digging up proves.
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by goldtooth: 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
darediamond:
Look, it's your world and path. Say whatever, Caps, Magnet and Copper wire are working for Fuelless Generator.
You are proving to me that you know everything rigth. Questions asked the rigth way makes knowledge.

Bro have you implemented this and it is working fine or you are just talking about ideas in your head that you believe is feasible
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by kmaxx(m): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
...will be glad if added 2 d group. Enjoy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / Big Whale At Bar Beach In Lagos, Nigeria (Throwback Video, Photos) / First Ever All-White Albino Shark Caught Off UK Coast (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.