Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt (1813 Views)

Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / Senate President: Tinubu Frustrated As Saraki Emerges Front-runner / frustrated chinese Man Seats On The Ground In Filling Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by AloyEmeka9: 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2009
OGUN CRISIS:’We’re Now Cursed On Phone’—Speaker
February 17, 2009 15:07 (8 hours ago), 637 views
By Jide Osokoya
Lawmakers in Ogun state have either changed their phone numbers or only pick select calls, to avoid being cursed on phone, a development which they said has become disturbing.

Speaking with P.M.NEWS on why most of them refused to pick their calls, the Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Tunji Egbetokun, said some people have been cursing them (lawmakers) on phone in recent times.

Said the Speaker: “To be sincere with you, our attitude in not picking calls is not out of arrogance, it’s simply a security measure, because some unscrupulous people now curse us on phone and even go to the point of chanting incantations.

“It is a shocking development, but that is the gospel truth. Most of them call with unidentified numbers and the moment you pick your phone, they will just rain curses on you. It is sad that Ogun state politics has degenerated to that level.”

P.M.NEWS investigation further revealed that most of the lawmakers now communicate through SMS. They no longer receive calls directly. Some of the lawmakers have even acquired new lines. It was further learnt that most of the strange callers often curse the lawmakers for engaging the state governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, in a political battle of wits.

A source close to the governor’s office, however, blamed the dirty politicking on a particular commissioner in Otunba Daniel’s cabinet, who has been labelled the governor’s ‘hit man.’ He was said to be involved in every scandal that had attracted negative publicity to the Ogun state number one citizen.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/02/17/ogun-crisis-we-are-now-cursed-on-phone-—speaker
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2009
Oh Wait!!! This is news to them that we curse them? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by ilaugh1: 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2009
@poster

Is Ogun state the same as the entire Nigeria? Nonsense post.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by mustafar1: 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2009
because some unscrupulous people now curse us on phone and even go to the point of chanting incantations.

“It is a shocking development, but that is the gospel truth. Most of them call with unidentified numbers and the moment you pick your phone, they will just rain curses on you. It is sad that Ogun state politics has degenerated to that level
.”

about time they go the message.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by asha80(m): 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2009
grin  grin  grin cursing on phone
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2009
Great idea!!! I wish I could call from Skype!!! Call and Curse them !! pre-record it too!!! Roflmao!!
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by blacksta(m): 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2009
Make i add my own curse. " if steal money wey no belong to you it is not going to be better for you"
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by AloyEmeka9: 10:44pm On Feb 17, 2009
@poster

Is Ogun state the same as the entire Nigeria? Nonsense post.
Is ogun state not in Nigeria or are you satisfied with your state govt ?. I think the cursing out method and juju incantation is an improvement.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by debosky(m): 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2009
grin grin grin
!
This is naija democracy in action. If your reps don't perform, curse them till they begin to do so!! cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by AloyEmeka9: 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2009
Great idea!!! I wish I could call from Skype!!! Call and Curse them !! pre-record it too!!! Roflmao!!
Thats why they blocked the line. grin grin grin grin grin

Griiin grriiiin:

speaker: hello, talun soro?

caller: May sango fire your nyash there.

speaker: guy, take am easy now. we dey try small

caller: thunder fire you  and your trying. ojigbijigbijigbijigbi grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Griiin grriiiin:

caller: thunder fire you and your trying. ojigbijigbijigbijigbi grin grin grin grin grin

One could make money this way. Give people a chance to prank call for a small fee. These people will easily throw all lame excuses at you for why they can not do anything, when you tell them to stand up to these leaders. But if you tell them they can curse those in government, and convince them the curses stick, you can make naira 10 a pop.

roflmao!!
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by debosky(m): 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2009
Amadioha, Otumorkpo, Sango, fire them!! grin grin

If begging and praying for them won't work, let us start cursing. grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by AloyEmeka9: 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2009

One could make money this way. Give people a chance to prank call for a small fee. These people will easily throw all lame excuses at you for why they can not do anything, when you tell them to stand up to these leaders. But if you tell them they can curse those in government, and convince them the curses stick, you can make naira 10 a pop.

roflmao!!

grin grin grin

Griin griin

Speaker: 'ello, talun soro?

Debosky: Na me debosky, sir

Speaker: Omo, forget that your ogbonge name and  obodo oyibo english, you no dey fear us for here.

Debosky: i just wanna thank you guys for messing Nigeria up.

Speaker: Look you. You no get respect?;  Do you know what we have done for this state and country?. We have a lot of big plans in the future in case you don't know. Life na small small, everything no be by force unless you wan make we make mistake. We know how to handle people like you and even if you turn to goat, we'll still arrest and detain you.

Debosky: God punish you there and if you guys don't change from your bad ways, Armageddon go soon visit una.

Speaker: Armageddon na the name of my girlfriend for Abuja. yes she'll continue to visit me, Any problem with that?.

Debosky: I'm done with you.Amadioha, Otumorkpo, Sango, fire una there!!

Speaker: Go joor. You think say if you carry all that obodo oyibo gragra come here, we go begin fear you?. Na we get this area and we no send you. You think say we be Obama wey you fit harass anyhow?
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by debosky(m): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2009
More curses : may their willies fall off! cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by AloyEmeka9: 1:30am On Feb 18, 2009
Can we at least send them emails since they are avoiding our calls?
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by bawomolo(m): 1:34am On Feb 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Griiin grriiiin:

caller: thunder fire you  and your trying. ojigbijigbijigbijigbi grin grin grin grin grin

talon soro grin grin grin grin

it's good people are lightning fire on the ass of their representatives. that's the point of democracy. freedom of speech. take am easy with the incantations o tongue
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by jamace(m): 7:14am On Feb 18, 2009
This is naija democracy in action. If your reps don't perform, curse them till they begin to do so!!
Yessss! There are many ways to kill a rat. So, happy booing and cursing. We can also graduate to stoning them by using catapult(we don't have guns naa) grin. This is the people's revolution starting gradually. He that has eyes to see, let him see!
On a more serious note, these our leaders are giving us more stress than life itself. They loot the treasury without conscience despite the jumbo salary they recieve at our detriment. They collect all contracts, collect the money meant for it and abandon it without completion. They sponsor extra-judicial killings and use our money quash the case. They oppress us even in the churches/mosques by flaunting their wealth to get more prayers and blessings from the pastors/imams ; angry cry . God help us.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by comfort3: 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2009
:-x
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2009
Ok, Catapult for 20 Naira each. Stones are extra. roflmao!!
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by akinalabi(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2009
Misleading topic.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by AloyEmeka9: 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2009
Ok,  Catapult for 20 Naira each. Stones are extra. roflmao!!

I throw in N40 to anyone that can help me call the gov's and warn them appropriately. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by StFunmi(f): 6:17am On Feb 19, 2009
Why don't they have direct numbers to Asorock because i got some things to say to them on the issue of tribalism.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by grafikdon: 6:26am On Feb 19, 2009
We tried leaving everything to ''God'' including NEPA and Security, that didn't yield much result lipsrsealed. . . let the curses pour down. . . shower them with unprintable %$#@! from dusk to dawn. . . From Sokoto to Imo, From Delta to Ogun grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 19, 2009
NEPA took light here today . . . Nigeria is not so bad afterall. grin
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by StFunmi(f): 6:32am On Feb 19, 2009
We tried leaving everything to ''God'' including NEPA and Security, that didn't yield much result . . . let the curses pour down. . . shower them with unprintable %$#@! from dusk to dawn. . . From Sokoto to Imo, From Delta to Ogun
Minus Osun State. We are doing well for ourselves sha. wink wink wink
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by grafikdon: 6:37am On Feb 19, 2009
Osun Wetin? Abeg no state in Nigeria should be exempt from the deadly barrage of telephone curses. . .  grin except the states with 5 hr water supply/day and ''uninterrupted'' (7 hrs a day by Nigerian standards) electricity. . .which is NONE. Correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by StFunmi(f): 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2009
Osun Wetin? Abeg no state in Nigeria should be exempt from the deadly barrage of telephone curses. . . Grin except the states with 5 hr water supply/day and ''uninterrupted'' (7 hrs a day by Nigerian standards) electricity. . .which is NONE. Correct me if I am wrong.
We still fair better than others to an extent, trust me.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2009
grafikdon:

We tried leaving everything to ''God'' including NEPA and Security, that didn't yield much result lipsrsealed. . . let the curses pour down. . . shower them with unprintable %$#@! from dusk to dawn. . . From Sokoto to Imo, From Delta to Ogun grin grin grin

roflmao!!
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by debosky(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
grafikdon:

Osun Wetin? Abeg no state in Nigeria should be exempt from the deadly barrage of telephone curses. . .  grin except the states with 5 hr water supply/day and ''uninterrupted'' (7 hrs a day by Nigerian standards) electricity. . .which is NONE. Correct me if I am wrong.
Sopona (god of small pox) and Igbo Irunmole (evil forest) curses are reserved for Osun state. Don't mind Hot trash.

Give me Oyinlola's number. I have been composing my curses since yesterday and I think they are just about right. tongue
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by StFunmi(f): 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2009
Just because your states are doing badly is not enough reason to rain abuses on my governor.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by presido1: 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

roflmao!!
U for call from Skype and do ur ROFLMAO. Poor boi/gyl always looking for free stuff.
Re: Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2009
presido1:

U for call from Skype and do ur ROFLMAO. Poor boi/gyl always looking for free stuff.

uumm, what does that mean?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Proud Of Nigeria No Matter What They Say. / Sheikh Of UAE Films Himself Torturing Man Horribly (and Is Acquitted) / Shocker: Dead Bokoharam Leader Re-emerges In A New Video Clip?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.