Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,517 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Mixed Blessings - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mixed Blessings (1437 Views)

Count Your Blessings! What Have You Lost Or Gained Via Nairaland? / Lean How To Command The Blessings Of God / Commanding The Blessings Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Blessings by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2006
i have always wondered about mixed races and children born to parents of different color

i find mixed skin tone intrigueing so i would like to hear from people of mixed races here on nairaland.

state the nationalities of your parents and share 1 plus and 1 minus of being biracial

thanks
Re: Mixed Blessings by Oracle(m): 5:48am On Sep 23, 2006
it really is mixed blessings

well i'm not mixed, but i would say mixed blooded people are usually beautiful
Re: Mixed Blessings by mamaput(f): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2006
There are a lot of plus and minus in it.
Too white to be black and too black to be white .
That is one of the main things.
And with my kids its even worse. people think they are everything but never come on mixed.
So they always have to answer stupid questions.
Look how people fight themselves here on culture. We grow up with it.
Re: Mixed Blessings by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2006
do you have any regrets?

like you could have saved them this hassle

i suppose what i'm asking is do the pluses outway the minuses
Re: Mixed Blessings by mamaput(f): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2006
No not at all.
But when you live a a "all white country" like germany then it has its disadvantages because they are not yet used to the Black german.
And it was also not easy in Nigeria. Mixed kids had more freedom, but were also seen as the rotten ones,.
Most mixed people i know tend to be more Black or white in their thinking. And this way its like betraying mother or father.
People want to go out with you because you are mixed and that name halfcast i hate it with a passion.
Most Nigerians here think i am a police infromant/ spy and do not trust me.
And Nigerians also do not accept you as full Nigerian. There is always a but in it.

Well am mixed and the father of my kids is German my kids look like this

Re: Mixed Blessings by mamaput(f): 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2006
Even she is not white enough to be a German talk less of black enough to be a Nigerian.
This one dose not even bother to answer stupid questions she will only look at you as if you are a fool if you ask her were she comes from.
Re: Mixed Blessings by Oracle(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2006
wow, Mamaput she's beautiful shocked
Is her name put?j/k

I'll guess we'll start booking now grin
Re: Mixed Blessings by mamaput(f): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2006
Build your house and we will start talking.
i want one in spain.
Re: Mixed Blessings by mamazita1(f): 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2006
Mixed race people are sometimes very mixed up, which is understandable. Im not mixed but my personal experience with some of them is that some think they are better than you if you are a full dudu, they like to act white and feel stuck up.others have adapted and speak native languages like yoruba, igbo, wafi etc and are really down to earth. Some have vowed like Micheal Jackson to never have anything to do with black people becoz of the way their white mothers were treated by their Nigerian fathers. It really depends on their experience. i think they are better of in Nigeria where they are treated with a bit of respect and awe (see Oracle's reaction to Mamaputs pic!) but abroad esp. in Europe they are in for a rude awakening coz they are considered BLACK! In America, if one out of your four grandparents is black you are considered black even if you look white! Crazy isnt it? If you dont believe me check out Mariah Carey, Halle Berry and Vanessa Williams. What, pray tell, is black looking about them?
Re: Mixed Blessings by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2006
ur right abt nigeria

cos here you are looked on with awe

i remember at a ballet class for kids and i saw some kids , i loved their skin tone but when i saw there mum chei!
God is great
see mixture of skin tone

It was amazing, but in Nigeria even oyibos are treated with awe, i suppose its because its different.

It was only whilst browsing this forum that i got the impression that mixed races sometimes are not accepted by either side.

@mamazita

I dont think mixed races think they are better than others, I think its more the rest of us just attribute individual character traits to skin color

unfortunately the world still isnt colour blind
Re: Mixed Blessings by mamaput(f): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2006
There are some that do.
In Nigeria you grow up and people handle you like King
whatever
You may get airs.
Some are Anti white some are Anti Black, it all depends on what you come across.
But sometimes selfconfidence can be mistaken for arrogance
Re: Mixed Blessings by mamaput(f): 9:09am On Sep 25, 2006
more mixed blessing
Re: Mixed Blessings by mamaput(f): 9:12am On Sep 25, 2006

Re: Mixed Blessings by mamaput(f): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2006
And the old lady

Re: Mixed Blessings by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2006
ur children are beautiful

and why do u call urself old, in your profile you put 42

wetin you wan make 60 year olds say wink

whats wrong with the word halfcaste anyway
is it like 'politically incorrect'? you know like saying african american rather than black
Re: Mixed Blessings by GNature(m): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2006
mamaput

Your children are really good looking. You'll have quite a handful once your girls start datingĀ  cool
Re: Mixed Blessings by mamazita1(f): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2006
Mama Put
You and your children are beautiful, you are beautiful if God created you, so what if I dont fulfil your expectations of what you consider beauty to be? Thats your problem!, in America and Europe, thin is seen as beauty so white girls are puking over the toilet in an effort to stay thin while in Nigeria if youve got a big bum and big boobs you are God's gift to (some)Nigerian men! As someone said, " I love my women built for comfort not for speed!" so keep your head up Girl! and remember its whats inside that matters and not the package it comes in.

(1) (Reply)

Oga Seun Do Us Christmas And New Year. Ban Mama-gee! / What Would Make You Happy Right Now? / Modernghana.com: Nigeriophobia In Ghana. My Journey Across West Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.