Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? (4824 Views)

Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months (2) (3) (4)

Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by explorer250(m): 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
i live at aba and most times we have light for eithteen hours everyday, when bad twelve hours. Thesame case with owerri. If you go to anambra especially onitsha,akwa and nnewi they usually have light upto twenty hours a day. Enugu's own na die hard. I have noticed that eastern states normaly have light regularly than other zones in nigeria. Pls can someone tell me why?

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by emeuzo(m): 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
Who said so

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
Lies..
we hardly have light here in Anambra state...
We all use generator, no one is talking about phcn here

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by ArchEnemy(m): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
Op, How come they are not agreeing with you?

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
True!!! Have enough light at ifite, awka and at also at Enugu... Its scary sha
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by lordizak(m): 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
u no go school? it's because the sun rises from the east... buhahahaha ............

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Jboyossai(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2015

17 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by fiftynaira(m): 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
The poster above pls wake him up......

Biafra was jst a "FANTASY"

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by jamex93(m): 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
serious issue o
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Emphany: 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ask google.
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by explorer250(m): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Lies..

oga abeg you dey for south east at all? E be like say you never pay ur light bills

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by aresa: 10:45pm On Jun 03, 2015
Still beating that empty and shallow chest?... grin

Comedians... grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Rawani: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2015
Quite ironic. As I was opening this thread, Channels started a report about the lack of power in Aba on its community report segment of the news, and featured several artisans complaining bitterly about the effects on their business, it's on right now. Check the time in my screenshot. I'll try to upload the video.

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by lonelyisland(m): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Lies..
. Guy thank you. If fuel ever sells for 40/l I will personally Disconnect my wire from the nepa pole

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
Because they like to get things done. That's why they want their own country (Biafra)...to build a nation worthy of emulation!

Picture 1 - Enugu
Picture 2 - Onitsha
Picture 3 - Awka

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Ikengawo: 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
explorer250:
i live at aba and most times we have light for eithteen hours everyday, when bad twelve hours. Thesame case with owerri. If you go to anambra especially onitsha,akwa and nnewi they usually have light upto twenty hours a day. Enugu's own na die hard. I have noticed that eastern states normaly have light regularly than other zones in nigeria. Pls can someone tell me why?

When power was going to be privatized they learned that Abia and Rivers state produce enough power to power themselves and run a surplus. I was announced that if the system wasn't linked nationally Abia, Rivers and 'surrounding areas' would have independent powers.

the east is the only region where private individuals build cottage power plants. The most well known is that of prof. Barth Nnaji. Also, each region is managing it's own power, so Emeka Offor is seeming to be more competent than the ex military generals that got the rest of the contracts.

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by UniqueGem(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
the OP is right, the last time i travelled back home, they enjoy close to 24hrs power. Those complaining might have faulty transformers, But the OP is saying the truth.

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by explorer250(m): 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Rawani:
Quite ironic. As I was opening this thread, Channels started a report about the lack of power in Aba on its community report segment of the news, and featured several artisans complaining bitterly about the effects on their business, it's on right now. Check the time in my screenshot. I'll try to upload the video.
oga dnt mind people that dont pay their bills. I live at clifford road, aba south local gov area and there is good power supply. Pls that documentary is an old one maybe, when we where still under phcn. Since eedc came to stay things have changed. Recently every two to three house have a mini transformer and the project area covered is 90%. So pls that documentary is a farce!

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Dewze(m): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
I've not been to the east myself but my mum was transfered there some months back. She tells me on phone that light is almost constant where she is in abakaliki. So the op may be right, but I think there is good power supply in the North as well. The south west is were the epileptic supply really is rampant.

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by kellyJames5(m): 12:04am On Jun 04, 2015
Yea,it kinda true,have lived in Enugu for a decade plus,power super is averagely okay.

As it is now,I feel like going back to that city cause even here in Abuja,power supply is poor as of now.
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Dewze:
I've not been to the east myself but my mum was transfered there some months back. She tells me on phone that light is almost constant where she is in abakaliki. So the op may be right, but[b] I think there is good power supply in the North as well.[/b] The south west is were the epileptic supply really is rampant.

You must be joking, the industries for example in Kano have slowly and steadily come to a standstill due to lack of power supply; part of the reason east is getting better supply is because the generation from Kainji Dam (situated in the north) is ironically being routed to the east - they even demonstrated when power generation from that sector dropped due to a technical fault, about 2yrs ago, story was even covered here in NL.

Let them enjoy while it lasts, we shall soon also demand to own our light.
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by superstar1(m): 12:21am On Jun 04, 2015
Artisans in Aba, Abia State have protested against high electricity bills and poor electricity supply by the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC. The artisans who marched along major roads in Aba including the Azikiwe, Market and Tenant, Mosque, Kent and Georges streets, chanting slogans and denouncing the poor services allegedly provided by the EEDC.

The artisans who were also, shop owners carried placards which read; “No power, no payment,” “Let EEDC save our businesses, give us light and electricity is a vital tool to our work,” among others.

In an interview with South East Voice, the leader of the protesting artisans, Elder Festus Njoku said they were unhappy over the high tariff charged by EEDC even when there was little or no supply of power coupled with lack of maintenance of electricity facilities.
“For example, we have been on load shedding for more than three days now. We are not sure of the one day supply of electricity in a week. We are being charged high and estimated electricity bills even in areas that have not had light for more than two months. We pay for what we do not consume.

“Most of us are tailors, hairdressers, furniture makers. Before now, we paid around N5, 000 for electricity, but we are being charged between N24,000 and 30,000 monthly per shop even when power is not supplied. In our houses, we pay N10, 000 and you are not even sure of the electricity supply. We now use generators, since EEDC does not give us power. How can we survive under this type of harsh condition?” Njoku asked

They then urged the EEDC to improve on its billing system as well as stop issuing estimated bills and charge consumers for the energy they consumed monthly. “They can even stop their electricity supply since we now rely on generators to operate. We have petitioned the EEDC Aba, but they have not said anything,” Njoku added.

When South East Voice visited the business office of the EEDC on Ikot Ekpene road, a senior official of the company, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that the problems of consumers in Aba and other areas in the district were being addressed.

TODAY'S VANGUARD

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Adekorya: 12:23am On Jun 04, 2015
K
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 04, 2015
explorer250:

oga abeg you dey for south east at all? E be like say you never pay ur light bills

Even if I don't pay, does it mean my neighbourhood don't pay too? Because they are always on generator...
Guy leave that thing Nnewi no dey get light wellah... You can only say some parts of Awka

Though I believe in our govt to give us independent light...
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Scholes007(m): 7:39am On Jun 04, 2015
possible increase in power supply here is mostly in the cities not the rural area...but there have been some considerable outages in recent times
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by explorer250(m): 8:10am On Jun 04, 2015
superstar1:
Artisans in Aba, Abia State have protested against high electricity bills and poor electricity supply by the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC. The artisans who marched along major roads in Aba including the Azikiwe, Market and Tenant, Mosque, Kent and Georges streets, chanting slogans and denouncing the poor services allegedly provided by the EEDC.

The artisans who were also, shop owners carried placards which read; “No power, no payment,” “Let EEDC save our businesses, give us light and electricity is a vital tool to our work,” among others.

In an interview with South East Voice, the leader of the protesting artisans, Elder Festus Njoku said they were unhappy over the high tariff charged by EEDC even when there was little or no supply of power coupled with lack of maintenance of electricity facilities.
“For example, we have been on load shedding for more than three days now. We are not sure of the one day supply of electricity in a week. We are being charged high and estimated electricity bills even in areas that have not had light for more than two months. We pay for what we do not consume.

“Most of us are tailors, hairdressers, furniture makers. Before now, we paid around N5, 000 for electricity, but we are being charged between N24,000 and 30,000 monthly per shop even when power is not supplied. In our houses, we pay N10, 000 and you are not even sure of the electricity supply. We now use generators, since EEDC does not give us power. How can we survive under this type of harsh condition?” Njoku asked

They then urged the EEDC to improve on its billing system as well as stop issuing estimated bills and charge consumers for the energy they consumed monthly. “They can even stop their electricity supply since we now rely on generators to operate. We have petitioned the EEDC Aba, but they have not said anything,” Njoku added.

When South East Voice visited the business office of the EEDC on Ikot Ekpene road, a senior official of the company, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that the problems of consumers in Aba and other areas in the district were being addressed.

TODAY'S VANGUARD
abeg i live around those mentioned areas. The traders are ironically complaining about high bills not poor power supply.
There are a lot of private power plants in aba especially alaoji area around old ph express road
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2015
The east has considerable power supply, I have personally witnessed Enugu, Nsukka,Awka.
Areas that have poor supply usually have local transformer issues
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by focus7: 8:22am On Jun 04, 2015
Since it seems you have never travelled out of the south east (just three states from the south south is bigger than the whole of south east), let me inform you that the south east is the smallest region in Nigeria political landscape, therefore the power allocation to the region is sufficient enough to serve them.

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by superstar1(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2015
explorer250:

abeg i live around those mentioned areas. The traders are ironically complaining about high bills not poor power supply.
There are a lot of private power plants in aba especially alaoji area around old ph express road

Can you read very well or do you need glasses?

Why do you chest beaters like deceiving yourselves.

The daily reported that artisans were complaining of high electricity bills and lack of supply of electricity and you are here picking the one that will give you false sense of satisfaction.

Who is deceiving who?

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by porshuch: 8:25am On Jun 04, 2015
which part please? becose ebe mu no afubero mu oku o.
Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by PentiumPro(f): 8:30am On Jun 04, 2015
Another vainglorious chest beating thread from the usual suspects. grin

Re: Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 04, 2015
its true o, I notice that too when I traveled home last week.

See Photos Of Some Of Diezani Madueke's Alleged Properties In London / ‘I Met $3.7 Billion In Reserve, While Buhari Met $30 Billion’ – Obasanjo / Nigeria Doesn’t Recognise Kosovo, Says Yar’adua