Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets (46612 Views)

How Former President, Goodluck Jonathan Publicly Declared His Assets. / Buhari And Osinbajo Declare Their Assets / Two Nigeria Police Fighting (Video & Pictures ) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by joseph1832(m): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Barcanista am sure you know Yar'Adua compelled GEJ to declare his asset, I wonder why he didn't do so after being sworn in as president!.

GEJ the Vice President is a whole lot different from GEJ the president! So stop saying he declared his asset!. I'm really curious to know how much he is worth now, considering the fact that he has six years to loot and plunder the country's treasury!.

I bet you 295million will now be 295billion! Talk about mass exponential increase.

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by major466(m): 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
Its very amusing to see that the self style saints of Nigeria in the person of Tinubu, Fashola and the rest of apc champions who were at the forefront of the campaign to make Asset Declaration public never declared their assets publicly.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
jorlons:

Don't worry they will.
"will"? But their spokesman has already closed the chapter... See What Buhari said via his Spokesman

"By declaring their assets, the statement said that President Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo may have not only fulfilled the requirements of the Nigerian Constitution, but also fulfilled the first of their many campaign promises."- Alhaji Shehu Garba, Spokesman for Buhari

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by 9niceguy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
donsmall94:
Good 4 u
YIMU
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by tucky200(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
Is Yaradua Buhari's new role model? Anyway, Yaradua NeVER promised public declaration. He declared publicly just THIRTY days after request was made by a group of Nigeria Citizens.

Buhari Pledged... After his Secret DECLARATIOn, his spokesman told us that the issue is settled and he said the secret declaration affects the Public declaration. He has closed the Chapter! He never asked for "time", he only directed us to FOI (which has always been d norm)
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
major466:
Its very amusing to see that the self style saints of Nigeria in the person of Tinubu, Fashola and the rest of apc champions who were at the forefront of the campaign to make Asset Declearation public never decleared their assets publicly.
Alhaji Lai Muhammed, AC/APC Spokesman 2007
“We will stick to the issues by renewing our call on His Excellency, Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, to toe the path of
honour by publishing the assets he has now declared seven times in line with the leadership shown by his boss, President Umaru Yar'Adua.
Those at the helm of the nation's affairs owe it a duty to the citizens who supposedly elected them, not only to be transparent, but also to be seen to be so. The leadership of the country has shown the way and it is only honourable not necessarily as a matter of law for members of his team to follow suit. It is therefore imperative, not even mandated
by law, for the VP to stop hiding behind one finger and publish his assets declaration immediately”.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by jorlons(m): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
"will"? But their spokesman has already closed the chapter... See What Buhari said via his Spokesman

"By declaring their assets, the statement said that President Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo may have not only fulfilled the requirements of the Nigerian Constitution, but also fulfilled the first of their many campaign promises."- Alhaji Shehu Garba, Spokesman for Buhari

The chapter isn't closed and it's too early to demand that they publish it on the papers. CCB verifies the claims made on the form, it says so on their website. Also, Yaradua could have published his assets declaration form on the dailies same time he submitted to CCB but that's not what happened or is it??

PMB made a promise and we will demand it be fulfilled in due time whether Garba made a statement or not but for now it is rather too early to be suspicious.

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by niggaman(m): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
op they are looking for u here: Re: Aisha Buhari Spa Was Established 3 Months After Buhari Assumed PTF. Go and finish wha u started
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by SeverusSnape(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
Even Osinbajo that is supposed to be a "Pastor" is not leading by example. In fact, Osinbajo has no history of public asset declaration. He served as Attorney General of Lagos state for EIGHT years yet we have no idea of his asset
You will be shocked when you get to see the net worth of Buhari and Osinbajo, I can't be deceived by their gimmicks.
Nice write up there barca...

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by obi4eze(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
Fellow Progressives stop replying this guy. He is one of the reasons PDP is dead.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by major466(m): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:

Alhaji Lai Muhammed, AC/APC Spokesman 2007
The same individual is now completely missing in Buharigate Asset Declaration saga. What a Change.

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You will be shocked when you get to see the net worth of Buhari and Osinbajo, I can't be deceived by their gimmicks.
Nice write up there barca...
Walahi that's what I've been waiting for. We Together "analyse" their assets "IF" declared though I doubt they are ready to risk it

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by MizMyColi(f): 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
Obadiah77:
BUHARI is far better than yaradua undecided

Dream on...

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by SeverusSnape(m): 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
Walahi that's what I've been waiting for. We Together "analyse" their assets "IF" declared though I doubt they are ready to risk it
They won't do it. Believe you me, they won't.

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by MizMyColi(f): 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
soe:
Op is daft

You can do better with the insults.

Please don't disappointsmiley

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
major466:

The same individual is now completely missing in Buharigate Asset Declearation saga. What a Change.
The man that made this statement has gone AWOL

It is therefore imperative, not even mandated
by law, for the VP to stop hiding behind one finger and publish his assets declaration immediately”.
----Alhaji Lai Muhammed, August 2007
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
Even Osinbajo that is supposed to be a "Pastor" is not leading by example. In fact, Osinbajo has no history of public asset declaration. He served as Attorney General of Lagos state for EIGHT years yet we have no idea of his asset
you would wonder who is a true servant of God. I don't see Osinbajo as a pastor, he just part of the system that held Lagosians captive, milking every penny from them. I was surprised at the amount of PAYEE being deducted from my monthly salary while working in Lagos. Now, they are in support of the withdrawal of Timipre Silva's case.

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

Allow them to their insults. It doesn't change a thing...
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

i save my insults for more relevant OPs.

This guy, I have studied very well...has no value whatsoever, both in real life and even in his dreams

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
That will be one of their GreaTEST undoing. There is no way they can escape
SeverusSnape:

They won't do it. Believe you me, they won't.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by MizMyColi(f): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
Allow them to their insults. It doesn't change a thing...

That was a sarcastic comment.

What I actually meant was that he should insult more.
That one wasn't hard enoughgrin

You know they get fulfilled and stomach full from trading insults.

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
Who do you think drafted the inglorious Lagos state Governors Pension law for Tinubu in 2007?
slimmy05:
you would wonder who is a true servant of God. I don't see Osinbajo as a pastor, he just part of the system that held Lagosians captive, milking every penny from them. I was surprised at the amount of PAYEE being deducted from my monthly salary while working in Lagos. Now, they are in support of the withdrawal of Timipre Silva's case.

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Trut(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
Barcanista you're giving APC minions HBP ooo... Abeg take am easy with dem grin

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2015
The insults are deliberate to derail and unnecessarily cause provocation.. They are on a looooooooong thing
MizMyColi:

That was a sarcastic comment.

What I actually meant was that he should insult more.
That one wasn't hard enoughgrin

You know they get fulfilled and stomach full from trading insults.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
Errrrm I go take am easy. If only Lai Muhammed took it easy on Jonathan when he pressurised GEJ to declare his asset in 2007

"It is therefore imperative, not even mandated by law, for the VP(Jonathan) to stop hiding behind one finger and publish his assets declaration immediately”.-Lai Muhammed August, 2007
Trut:
Barcanista you're giving APC minions HBP ooo... Abeg take am easy with dem grin

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by MizMyColi(f): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
The insults are deliberate to derail and unnecessarily cause provocation.. They are on a looooooooong thing

Owh, that.

Thanks for the sensitization.

#IgnoreModeOnPoint

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Mogidi: 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
Can't see Buhari declaring his assets, wind don blow.......
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Mogidi: 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
"[size=13pt]Buhari has fulfilled his promise of publicly declaring his assets[/size]" Garba Shehu
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
barcanista:
Who do you think drafted the inglorious Lagos state Governors Pension law for Tinubu in 2007?
The NCP governorship aspirant spoke at length about the bogus pension scheme for governors and deputy governor.
LAGOS—LAGOS STATE governorship candidate of the National Conscience Party, NCP, Comrade Ayodele Akele, is not happy with the huge cost of governance in the state, which he said is hampering delivery of democracy dividends and abolition of poverty, the motto of his party.
Specifically, he is piqued by the huge severance package and pension scheme of the governor and deputy governor, and has vowed to abolish it, if elected because it is scandalous and cannot be sustained.
Apart from the Lagos State Governor and Deputy Governor Pension Law of 2007, Akele said another package has been worked out for the Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
Speaking at a news conference in Lagos, Akele said: ‘’Lagosians must know this; the obnoxious law, in its original form as provided for the former Governors and Deputy Governors is a criminal and scandalous legacy in the greedy expropriation of the scarce resources of Lagos State.
Specifically, this unprecedented and indeed most lucrative pension in the world under ‘progressive’ APC Lagos state provide for payment of pensions and other fringe benefits to former Lagos state Governor and Deputy Governor in Lagos state details the provision of stupendous money and other benefits that ensure a perpetual though undeserved life of luxury for former governor and deputy governor on the bills and resources of Lagos state sadly in midst of abject poverty among Lagosians.
‘’Lagosians must therefore shine their eyes and see the highlight of what a former Governor and Deputy Governor are scheduled to earn for life after just eight years of service… Former governor is entitled to six new cars every three years and a house in Lagos and another in Abuja. A house in Lagos will cost N500 million and Abuja N700 million.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-i-ll-review-lagos-govs-deputies-severance-package-akele
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
slimmy05:
The NCP governorship aspirant spoke at length about the bogus pension scheme for governors and deputy governor.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-i-ll-review-lagos-govs-deputies-severance-package-akele
Gani seriously spoke against it but the propagandists had their way.

Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
soe:
i save my insults for more relevant OPs.

This guy, I have studied very well...has no value whatsoever, both in real life and even in his dreams
You will earn yourself a ban.
Re: Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
Does that mean that Buhari couldn't distinguish between Public Asset Declaration(PAD) and CCB declaration? I am yet to see anything public o angry angry angry
Mogidi:
"[size=13pt]Buhari has fulfilled his promise of publicly declaring his assets[/size]" Garba Shehu

Buhari, Tinubu, Akande, Other APC Chieftains In Closed Door Meeting / Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Abdullahi Babangida Muhammed Tears PDP Membership Card OBJ Way