Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria (48639 Views)

Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. / Photos That Looks Fake But Are Really Real... / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Omotayor123(f): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2015
This made FP sometime ago
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by andersyn: 8:53am On Jun 08, 2015
Nigeria will make it.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by chidifyn(f): 8:54am On Jun 08, 2015
Ok oooo
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Nickymezor(f): 8:55am On Jun 08, 2015
Interesting! . Tnx fr sharing OP
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by hazyfm: 8:55am On Jun 08, 2015
I LOVE THIS HISTORICAL PICTURES
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 8:55am On Jun 08, 2015
How time flies...Look at those cars mehn ....Nothing last forever!!

But i guess they were living peaceful and colorful life more than now...The world is full of chaos and crisis.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by rifasenate11(m): 8:56am On Jun 08, 2015
Seen this series of pictures before.. this one is just to waste people's bundle..
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by sukkot: 8:57am On Jun 08, 2015
THIEVING NEGROS DESTROYED IT ALL. IN AS MUCH AS I HATE THE WHITE MAN, SOMETIMES IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE THE COUNTRY LOOKED BETTER WHEN THEY WERE IN CHARGE. THEN THESE DEMONIC KELPTOMANIC SHORT SIGHTED NEGROS SEIZED POWER IN 1960 AND IT HAS BEEN DOWNHILL EVER SINCE. THEY GO IN THERE AND STEAL AND LOOT AND KEEP ALL THE MONEY ABROAD. CURSED BLACK RACE. YES WE ARE CURSED. THE DEUTERONOMY CURSES.

7 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 08, 2015
iits old cos they didn't make use of a super HD camera joor
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by saintjoel(m): 9:02am On Jun 08, 2015
Icecream4U:
"Hair braiding in Nigeria 1960" why is the picture colored?

POLARIOD CAMERAS WERE USED IN THOSE DAYS,I CAN REMEMBER IN THE EIGHTIES,THERE WAS A CAMERA THAT PRINTED IMMEDIATELY YOU SNAPPED A PICTURE.

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Ayanko(m): 9:03am On Jun 08, 2015
[quote author=Icecream4U post=34445546]"Hair braiding in Nigeria 1960" why is the picture colored? It was a black and white but on a yellow paper. Ive seen that before.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by MizMyColi(f): 9:04am On Jun 08, 2015
Who else thinks it would be a nice thing to live in Nigeria like it were during the 80's.
That Ikorodu Road got me thinking hard about it.

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by hikmojj(m): 9:05am On Jun 08, 2015
there was a Nigeria
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2015
That time a piece of land in lekki was worthless...no price grin
That time Alausa was a swamp with tortoise and snakes shocked
That time there was no pentecostal church only Catholic, Methodist and Anglican shocked
There was no tribalism and ethnicism at that time shocked
In short Nairaland was still on the drawing board wink

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Davivah: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2015
Nigeria will be great again
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by raphroye: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2015
Nigeria... Good people, Great Nation... I'm proud to be your son
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by adeA1(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2015
Knwledge is knwledg so! The North comes to mind
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 9:14am On Jun 08, 2015
kingphilip:
33. University College Hospital, Ibadan (1960s)

[b] This isnt true, that pics cannot be the UCH of 1960s, looks more recent
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Calbarian(m): 9:16am On Jun 08, 2015
University of Ibadan. . . the first and by far, the very best!
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by GodMode: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2015
Keneking:
That time a piece of land in lekki was worthless...no price grin
That time Alausa was a swamp with tortoise and snakes shocked
That time there was no pentecostal church only Catholic, Methodist and Anglican shocked
There was no tribalism and ethnicism at that time shocked
In short Nairaland was still on the drawing board wink

There was tribalism and ethnicism...

The images show Nigeria before most igbos went haywire and started a war...

The civil war changed Nigeria and Nigerian politics..

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2015
sukkot:
THIEVING NEGROS DESTROYED IT ALL. IN AS MUCH AS I HATE THE WHITE MAN, SOMETIMES IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE THE COUNTRY LOOKED BETTER WHEN THEY WERE IN CHARGE. THEN THESE DEMONIC KELPTOMANIC SHORT SIGHTED NEGROS SEIZED POWER IN 1960 AND IT HAS BEEN DOWNHILL EVER SINCE. THEY GO IN THERE AND STEAL AND LOOT AND KEEP ALL THE MONEY ABROAD. CURSED BLACK RACE. YES WE ARE CURSED. THE DEUTERONOMY CURSES.

We ain't Israelite sire, those curses were rained on Israelites

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by xcolanto(m): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2015
Seems the Nigerian people were doing pretty well then than presently.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by sukkot: 9:23am On Jun 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

We ain't Israelite sire, those curses were rained on Israelites
israel is not a nationality or a lineage my brother Rilwayne. israel is a title. the world has been deceived into thinking israel is a nationality. if you read the bible correctly it is a title for those who overcome satan and it means PRINCE OF THE POWER. so those who were cursed were the negro race which we are known in the bible as the canaanites. however amongst the canaanites are those who will make it into the favor and kingdom of God on earth. those one who will make it into the HOUSE of israel will now be titled as israelites. hope that makes sense bro. top of the morning to you. so not all negros are israelites but all negros are canaanites. THE CURSE OF CANAAN wink
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 9:25am On Jun 08, 2015
MizMyColi:
Who else thinks it would be a nice thing to live in Nigeria like it were during the 80's.
That Ikorodu Road got me thinking hard about it.

YES INDEED, each time I see pics like this, I always have this feeling that I have once lived in those era. My first time in Lagos, Ketu precisely, I experienced this deja vu, I have been seeing those places in my dreams before stepping into Lag.

YES, I think it would be nice to live in those era.

But wait oooo...there's nothing like phone/internet shocked and so on...mehn its would be boring as hell grin ..
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by missKiffy(f): 9:30am On Jun 08, 2015
This was when Nigeria was still Nigeria, good old days I guess
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 08, 2015
For me,it's just the picture quality that has change,those Fulani ladies tho kiss
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 9:37am On Jun 08, 2015
sukkot:
israel is not a nationality or a lineage my brother Rilwayne. israel is a title. the world has been deceived into thinking israel is a nationality. if you read the bible correctly it is a title for those who overcome satan and it means PRINCE OF THE POWER. so those who were cursed were the negro race which we are known in the bible as the canaanites. however amongst the canaanites are those who will make it into the favor and kingdom of God on earth. those one who will make it into the HOUSE of israel will now be titled as israelites. hope that makes sense bro. top of the morning to you. so not all negros are israelites but all negros are canaanites wink

Hmmmm...top of the morning to you my kind sire. I no fit withstand this your knowledge of the bible, the thing pass me, it is way over my head grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arinta Waterfalls, Ekiti State.(pictures/video) / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Young Pilot Who Flew His Mother: "One Of The Best Days Of My Life"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.