Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce (3353 Views)

7 Tips To Help First-time Parents Prepare Financially For A Newborn / New Study On How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage / How To Spice Up Your Marriage And Also Prevent Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by jnrbayano(m): 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
smiley
Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by raumdeuter: 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2015
[size=14pt]And the final one which many people wont want to hear[/size]

A large majority of individuals in unhappy marriages who hang in
there and avoid divorce end up reporting their marriages are very happy a few
years later. For the most part, those who divorced and even those who divorced
and remarried were not happier than those who stuck with their marriages

http://www.divorce.usu.edu/files/uploads/lesson4.pdf

“Brittany” was one such individual.
Now that I’m older and more mature, I look back and I think, “Oh my
goodness, the issues were really not as big as we made them out to be.” And
truly, I wish I would have done things differently to maybe work on that
relationship further. Because he is a wonderful, amazing person.

“Laura’s” thoughts on this were similar:

The grass is not greener. . . . I would have done it a different way. . . . I
would not have made the same decision. I would have worked really hard. . . .
I would say [to others facing a decision to divorce], do not evaluate with anger
because your anger is an emotion and it will guide you towards a decision that
you might not be happy with down the line. I always tell people—and I have
plenty of friends who . . . [are] having problems with their sex lives or this,
that, and the other, and I say, “I don’t care what it is. Figure it out

[size=18pt]But Caveat when your life is in danger flee. Your Life is the most important thing o. Its only people that are alive that can be married [/size]
Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by jnrbayano(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
FrancisTony:

Don't mind these hypocritical fellows; always blaming western world for their woes.

No one has shown hypocrisy here and you can give your opinion without having to toe a certain course.

Francis!
Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by bukatyne(f): 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
raumdeuter:
[size=14pt]And the final one which many people wont want to hear[/size]

A large majority of individuals in unhappy marriages who hang in
there and avoid divorce end up reporting their marriages are very happy a few
years later. For the most part, those who divorced and even those who divorced
and remarried were not happier than those who stuck with their marriages

http://www.divorce.usu.edu/files/uploads/lesson4.pdf

“Brittany” was one such individual.
Now that I’m older and more mature, I look back and I think, “Oh my
goodness, the issues were really not as big as we made them out to be.” And
truly, I wish I would have done things differently to maybe work on that
relationship further. Because he is a wonderful, amazing person.

“Laura’s” thoughts on this were similar:

The grass is not greener. . . . I would have done it a different way. . . . I
would not have made the same decision. I would have worked really hard. . . .
I would say [to others facing a decision to divorce], do not evaluate with anger
because your anger is an emotion and it will guide you towards a decision that
you might not be happy with down the line. I always tell people—and I have
plenty of friends who . . . [are] having problems with their sex lives or this,
that, and the other, and I say, “I don’t care what it is. Figure it out

[size=18pt]But Caveat when your life is in danger flee. Your Life is the most important thing o. Its only people that are alive that can be married [/size]

Any reason for divorce/separation apart from cheating or physical is not a reason to me.

I guess all these stats really talk about 'You press toothpaste from here/we don't go to the same party/we have grown apart' types of divorce
Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by ihedinobi2: 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
Woged2005, I agree with you. I don't think there is any excuse for divorce that will work very well. I hope we become wiser picking spouses.
Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Woged2005, I agree with you. I don't think there is any excuse for divorce that will work very well. I hope we become wiser picking spouses.
Yet, bible said one can divorce on an account of adultery.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by cococandy(f): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
That would be true for those who divorced based on reasons that could have perfectly been sorted out if they were more willing to make it work.

I don't think anyone who ran away from an abusive partner will regret it. Instead it would be a relief for them.

Edited. I see you already said that in your later post.
raumdeuter:

Below is the reality

[size=15pt]Most divorced people regret ever getting divorced[/size]

https://winteryknight./2014/08/20/new-study-50-percent-of-divorced-people-wish-they-had-never-ended-their-marriage/

Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by SAMBARRY: 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
On a lighter note

Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by limamintruth: 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
Woged2005:

You are right. but before it gets to that point..don't you think something could have been done, but pride and ego don't let people do something practical other than 'pray'?

I understand dear. But the reality is marriage is not one cap fits all.
Some might be lucky to salvage their marriage from total destruction. And this occurs only when both parties agree to work on their differences & problems.

While for others, salvaging the marriage becomes an impossibility cos one of the partners in the marriage is completely unco-operative in restoring the union back to life again.

Hence, just because it worked for Mr. & Mrs. A doesnt automatically mean it will work for Mr. & Mrs. B.
Nevertheless, that should not deter the committed partner in the marriage to put in his/her best in salvaging the union. And whatever later comes out of such effort should be taken in good faith as destiny by the committed spouse. cool
Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by ihedinobi2: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Yes it does. And goes on to forbid remarriage except to the divorced spouse. Do you see my point?
Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 07, 2015
VictoriaBee:

And the same bible in Malachi 2: 16 says He (God) hateth putting away (Divorce).
If we read the bible selectively we will always have something to justify our actions..
It said we can divorce on the grounds of infidelity, it went ahead to say we should not remarry, It still said God hates it..
If we place God/Bible above our own desires then divorce should not come to mind....
Re: 7 Tips/ Reasons To Save Your Marriage And Don't Divorce by anoynomus: 9:08pm On May 03, 2017
My life is back on track after 5 weeks of hardship and stress, My Lover left me and for some weeks my life was like a mystery of hell. But thanks to the powerful man who was able to restore my relationship within 24 hours. And you can contact him at: omigodoshrine@hotmail.co.uk or +2348079367204, be back. I can’t just stop thanking Omigodo because he is my hero. Contact him today onsadomigodoshrine@hotmail.co.uk )

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet My Cute Darling(photos) / She Refused To Give Me Mouth Action,shld I Look Elsewhere Or Divorce Her? / How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.