Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,871 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read (790 Views)

God Used Weed Smokers To Save My Life. / Help!! I Keep Seeing This As I Try To Access Front Page.. Pic. / Help Save My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by ConfessionsNgr: 1:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
I live and work in Lagos. Right now I am caught in a very difficult situation and I do not know what to do about it. Please before passing judgment on me, I want you to take your time to read and analyze my situation. I graduated from the university about nine years ago and was not able to secure a job for a very long time. I applied for jobs in various places including private companies and government establishment but my effort was to no avail. I had moved over to Lagos about three years ago with the belief that my situation would improve but it didn’t, not until last year when I ran into an old school friend of mine at a function I attended here in Lagos. He was the one who saw me first and recognized me. He walked up to my table and called out my name. I immediately recognized him as my primary school friend whom I had lost contact with since we left primary school. We got talking and he told me that he was working in one oil service company in Apapa as one of their managers. When he asked me what I was doing, I didn’t waste time in telling him that I have been searching for job since I graduated and have been unable to secure one. He told me to send him my CV and promised to help. True to his words, I was called up for interview a few weeks later by his company after sending him my CV. The long and short of the matter was that I was employed by his company with a very good salary running into six figures and my life has changed for the better. However, about a month ago, some colleagues of mine whom we work together on the same team called me and gave me fifty thousand naira as my share of proceeds for the left over materials that we had used to work. This was something that was usually done whenever we went to work on a location and we were not able to use the whole materials, Instead of returning it, the materials were usually sold off and the proceed was shared by the team members. It was a normal thing with the workers in the company and so when my share was given to me, I collected it without raising eyebrow. But unknown to me this particular material that was sold was stolen by my team members from the warehouse. Right now, the company has found out and my friend is been indicted because he the head of our department. He is on the verge of losing his job unless he produces the real culprit or the materials itself. I feel obligated to tell him who the real culprits are, to save him from this impending sack but that would also put me on the line because they will mention my name that I was also among them since I was also given a share of it, although I honestly was not aware that the material was stolen. I really don’t know what to do at this point because my conscience is pricking me but I cannot afford to lose my job at this time. So what do I do now?

Source:http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/99/do-i-tell-or-keep-quiet
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by sexynabila(f): 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
"Tell the truth..& the truth shall set u free"....is in d bilble...dont kw d chapter but u can google it...
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by GeneralQuamdeen: 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
when i'm cauqht in this kind of issue.. i'll qo straiqht to the manaqement and tell the the whole story, includinq my own part and how i how was mislead and how i think it's a norm to collect the share of unused material, i'll tell them everythinq before they(my colleaques) do. That will keep you safe and you will earn the company's trust.. and ask the manaqement to quarantee your safety and protection from molest, so as not to complicate an already complication complication. But if it happens that the whole thinq backfired at you (with less chance that it will).. then that's how God want it.
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
THE WICKED RUNNETH WHEN NO ONE PURSUE HIM BUT THE RIGHTEOUS IS AS BOLD AS LION....... we should learn to be honest it pays in the long run.... tell the truth to help your conscience or forever wreck it..... if you keep quiet, how will be facing your friend whenever you see him?
Re: Do I Keep Quiet And Save My Job? Please Advise.. A Must Read by Eberex(m): 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
Tell your friend the truth. He is not new in the company hence he would know how to present the case. When he has played his part by telling the management, you'll be called to say your own side as well ad the others involved.
Your friend's number of years and how efficient he is in terms of hardwork will not be neglected. As for you, I hope you have a good record since you joined the coy.

With a good panel in place to hear the case, the verdict would go thus: your friend will be acquitted because he wasn't aware of the whole scheme, since you would have confessed this.
You and the rest on the other hand will be indicted for being a part, but you might get lucky if you can convince them you didn't know they were stolen goods. In anycase, those colleagues of yours would definitely bring you down with them. If you all end up getting sacked, be rest assured they will hunt you and make life miserable for you as you are the cause of their downfall.

Dude, you are really in a mess. Keep mute and your friend get the boot and live with it for the rest of your life. And who says your friend will not find out later about it.

Talk and get your friend free but face the risk of torment from your colleagues.

I say, tell the truth. God will not abandon you, not this time.

(1) (Reply)

thimgs / Breaking--Buhari Sacks NIMASA DG / ISIS Plan To Colonizes Nigeria African And Europe By 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.