Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,576 members, 7,865,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians (14902 Views)

Atiku Is 65% Sure Of Winning APC Ticket- Campaign DG / Atiku Is Meeting States APC Delegates. Where Is The Almighty Buhari? / Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by olaak1(m): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2006
I really agree with you my brother if this guy Atiku really want to lampoon Obj he should firstly resining his post as the vp then Nigerians will take him serious angry
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2006
jas_o are you saying they suffer more than any other tribe in Nigeria? poverty is obvious in any local government area you go to in Nigeria, and this is why me friends and I disagree, kidnapping and killing of innocent people will do nothing but escalate the issue, and in the end, they will lose all credibility you can not seek resolution by kidnapping. why is this so hard for people to see? In that case, just like someone said, if they want to cry, start by calling IBB, Umaru Dikko, and all the former minister of petroleum to account for the revenue generated from this region.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2006
Why IBB and Umaru Dikko alone? what about OBJ and Bode George??
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 7:05pm On Oct 03, 2006
ishmael since you know OBJ and Bode go to their house now and go run your mouth. as a matter of fact, im going on vacation you making my head hurt with all this yabis
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2006
hahahaha, Odeku you dey make me laff. Me and you no dey the same side. Hope you dont expect the 2 of us to have the same ideology? so learn to accomodate me.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2006
ishmael na which kind canabis u dey smoke u dey always attack people for here, i dey ask why dem nova ban u self, abeg go back for bamuda
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by zebra(m): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2006
FLEX06:

ishmael na which kind canabis u dey smoke u dey always attack people for here, i dey ask why them nova ban u self, abeg go back for bamuda

You wan know wetin him dey smoke abi? which one you smoke wey make you end up for psychiatric clinic?? Stop castigating people my friend, it's wrong.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by superman(m): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2006
na lie be that ask zamfara state governor he go tell u de same.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by jaso1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2006
BIG STOUT, Nigeria should accommodate an effective  economy strategy that will give the Niger delta  people the outmost they expected. afterall money generated from this oil were been mismanage Nigeria term for looting.
if you go through what had happened to this people elders in the past and what they are facing now you will pity them. these people are only asking for there right which is so simple and legally allow. go to Abuja and the other northern state and see how all basics need were provided. both good road and adequate water supply. the united nation advised your president to dialog with this people he turned it off and invade the place with his sombi soldier even the chief of army staff once told the president  dialog he resist. with all this deaf and daft attitude of your president if you were from Niger delta what would you do? think about it ok.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2006
zebra you dey craze na whoi dey talk to you self. back to the subject, what were the governors doing with the fedral allocation that was granted to this state?
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2006
@FLEX06

It's obivous that they misappropriate the funds into their bank accounts and then use the rest to pay militants to hold oil workers captive so the oil companies will give them money in return. It's a disgrace, these guys should hold their local Governments accountable first because, I'll be unwilling to give them more when the one that has been given to them can't be accounted for. After all, charity begins at home.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2006
Exactly what I've been saying, hold the local government senators and governor accountable then go after the Federal government, you cant demand the Fed to come and build road for you and school, that is what your council men and governor are there for, they should be providing good housing, roads and amenities for this poor people. holding people hostage will not prove any point, it will only make them look like morons with no brains in the eye of the world.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by BigB11(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2006
If number one man doesn't show good examples for the governors to follow, there is 85% possibility that the governors will not be effective.

It should be a requirement for all the current political candidates to take a leadership class for 3 months from a credited university in United States. They will be responsible for the school fees.

Most of our problems exist today because of lack of understanding the role of an effective leader.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by zebra(m): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2006
FLEX06:

zebra you dey craze na whoi dey talk to you self. back to the subject, what were the governors doing with the fedral allocation that was granted to this state?

I think say by now you go don leave psychiatric hospital; so you still dey there?? Doo oo my brother. I wish you a quick recovery. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 7:03pm On Oct 04, 2006
Big B1 i have to disagree with you, you can take all the leadership class you want, but if you have that thing call loyalty and honesty.  once you get back home they will result to their crooked ways.  sure it will be a good start to teach them how to be an effective leader. what we need in Nigeria is a good system of accountability and checks and balance.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by stanech: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2006
For me I will blame the poverty on any community in nieria as follows

Federal government 10%

State government 40%

Local government 50%
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2006
that response is irrelevant to the discusion, this is about the caption ATIKU
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by DaBlazer(m): 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2006
Atiku is not a disgrace to nigeria he is a Faithfull citizen of nigeria trying to help every nigeria , well i will say he is not if he is why is OBJ The Smart Fool just talking about this try not to be one sided and read the Atiku letter to the public on punch and you will realise that this man is smarter than you President the president only think if he is in power he will treat him bad cause he has seen how he treated his VP bad so he is trying to turn nigeria Upside down please everyone on Nairaland avoid violence this 2007 becarefull and do be used you know this Abeokuta man will want to use us youth alll , he is seeing this every soon everything will turn up to Efcc he will make Efcc a laughing stock sooon OBJ is wise , he wants to use his Military brain but not wise enough
Think !Think Think Think Nigerian Think Nairalanders
Who said This Dablaze said this
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2006
DaBlazer:

Atiku is not a disgrace to nigeria he is a Faithfull citizen of nigeria trying to help every nigeria , well i will say he is not if he is why is OBJ The Smart Fool just talking about this try not to be one sided and read the Atiku letter to the public on punch and you will realise that this man is smarter than you President the president only think if he is in power he will treat him bad cause he has seen how he treated his VP bad so he is trying to turn nigeria Upside down please everyone on Nairaland avoid violence this 2007 becarefull and do be used you know this Abeokuta man will want to use us youth alll , he is seeing this every soon everything will turn up to Efcc he will make Efcc a laughing stock sooon OBJ is wise , he wants to use his Military brain but not wise enough
Think !Think Think Think Nigerian Think Nairalanders
Who said This Dablaze said this

Please help us educate[b] Odeku and Flex06[/b]; na them be 'Awon Abeokuta'. BABA is already using them to forment trouble here on nairaland.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2006
DaBlazer, ishmael the BIGb1 in disguise I am not a beneficiary of ATIKU OR IBB OR OBJ, so you cant take that commet and shove it fast up your ass, my point is ATIKU is a disgraced and should be disgraced out of office. I have better things to do at work than to trade and try to educate you guys, so begone.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Roscodaddy(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2006
Flex06,u be big goat,na wetin Atiku do you,and besides it is not ATIKU is a disgraced,it is ATIKU is a disgrace,Atiku is a small fish compared to what that amala man has stolen from this country,if we begin to list we wont stop at all.Obj should be tried first of all,how come he is the largest shareholder of transcorp?EFCC no see this one,he has breached our constitution.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by donjazzie(m): 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2006
lmao.enuff provoking people 4 here.roflmao
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by ishmael(m): 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2006
Roscodaddy, that flex06 is a lunatic still under going treatment in a psychiatric hospital, so becareful with the way you relate with him. I can't imagine that at this hour of the day some persons in nigeria still look at OBJ as a good leader, and point at accusing finger at Atiku. Well, nigerians will soon know the truth about BABA and his fraudlent deals. Atiku will definitely not sit and watch BABA finish him just like dat, he will definitely fight back. And moreover they know themselves. I have these very important questions to ask first; Did BABA defeat Olu Falae in 1999 elections?? The second question is; did BABA defeat Buhari in 2003 elections?? Flex06 and Odeku are not allowed to answer these questions please!!
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by superman(m): 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2006
and why does another fool from the north still lookin for the same position he was once there in the past ,refused to go and was reluctant to get a hell out due the the pressure from ppl still on as time has move on lookin for the same position! hmmmmm like some say i have no comment ! oh yea what nowww emm go on it was military then but hey its democrazy now hmmm very clever human being u are ha. make uan carry time there of course Amadioha no de laugh! careful!

emmm yea nigeria,
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by BigB11(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2006
It seems to me that many people still do not understand the root and motive of the conflict between the Nigerian number one man and number two man.
Here is an insight story, please take your time and enjoy the article.

Nigeria: Deconstructing the PTDF Funds Saga. By Pelumi Akinkoye October 5, 2006

THE plot of the PTDF funds saga will go down as one of the most intriguing scheming in the corridor of power in Nigeria. As a lawyer, I came to this conclusion after a careful study of all relevant materials on this PTDF saga namely the EFCC report, the administrative panel report, Jefferson's letter to Obasanjo, Atiku's letter to the National Assembly, The New York Times expose on Congressman Jefferson as published by Nigeria's Vanguard on September 22, 2006, literature on the operations of the PTDF as published in the local media and The News edition of October 2, 2006. My conclusion is that Obasanjo has cleverly weaved the campaign expenses of his deputy from a campaign account they jointly manage to accuse him of mismanaging PTDF funds through two mutual friends of theirs: Otunba Mike Adenuga and Otunba Oyewole Fasawe.

I am taking the challenge to expose this grand deceit so that whatever is the outcome of the present scheming, Nigerians will not go away with the impression that the whole tragic-comedy is something else.

Firstly, the claim by Obasanjo that he acted on Congressman Jefferson's letter to institute investigation of PTDF accounts has been disputed by at least two reference sources on the PTDF saga. If you read Jefferson's letter to Obasanjo which has been published in the media, he admitted that he was writing the letter in reaction to an earlier letter by his estranged Nigerian business partner(Otunba Fasawe) who had petitioned Presidents Obasanjo and George Bush of the U.S.A against Jefferson. What this means is that Jefferson was not the first to inform Obasanjo about the stalled business.

The truth one can deduce from Jefferson's letter, Atiku's letter and FBI claims in The New York Times is that Otunba Fasawe has sought President Obasanjo's support to get the American government to help him retrieve his $6.5million trapped in the hands of Jefferson and iGate. In essence, Jefferson's allegations against Fasawe will pass for a blackmail to get even with Fasawe and indeed, escape from having to refund his money.

If Jefferson was reacting to Fasawe's petition and the request for his money, then the logical step for Mr. President is to suspect his allegations which I think he did. This probably explains why he kept the letter in his drawers for two years until he needed anything, just anything, to get even with his troublesome deputy. .

The second major premise of EFCC indictment of the Vice President is that he approved the investment of PTDF funds in ETB and TIB without the approval of the FEC. This, again, is a falsehood designed to achieve a preconceived goal. Anyone who reads the literature on the operation of PTDF and Atiku's defence in the letter to the National Assembly will see through this. In summary, the issue at hand is not FEC's approval of investment in the banks because FEC never exercised such powers on PTDF. The PTDF is a "fund" which conducts its operations with income revenue generated through the investment of its funds.

It does not seek nor ever got FEC approval for such investment. The $125million that was approved by the FEC was not for investment. It was for projects and programmes of the PTDF. When FEC approved the concepts of the projects, the Executive Secretary of the PTDF raised a memo in which he argued that since the projects in question will take considerable time to pass through conception and due process, the funds could be better invested in banks to generate additional revenue for the government, an argument the Vice President shared.

The deposit of funds in banks did not require the approval of FEC and as such, no one breached any regulation by not getting an approval. The agency of government saddled with the responsibility of supervising such venture is the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF). Every account, including the EFCC report confirms that the AGF was not only duly informed of the investment in ETB and TIB; he approved the investment as requested by law.

Relevant Links

West Africa
Nigeria
Crime and Corruption
Legal and Judicial Affairs

The choice of ETB and TIB is also not arbitrary as EFCC report makes it look. The two banks at all material time were duly certified among banks that could receive government investment. In essence, the AGF (not FEC) whose approval was required for the investment of the funds in the two banks approved the venture. As such, no law was breached in the investment.

It logically follows that if no law had been breached in the investment of the funds in ETB and TIB as evident above, the banks who are in business to play an intermediary role in the economy have the freewill to lend their money to whoever they like as long as such people satisfy their criteria.

It is therefore the business of ETB and TIB who they do business with.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by LoverBwoy(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2006
big B and you think many people will now understand the whole truth with what you've just posted?

atleast youcan provide a link to the story you posted, seems like you wrote that piece yourself to be honest,how comes pelumi have acces to the letter jefferson wrote

the Executive Secretary of the PTDF raised a memo in which he argued that since the projects in question will take considerable time to pass through conception and due process, the funds could be better invested in banks to generate additional revenue for the government, an argument the Vice President shared.
please dont make me laugh at you o grin additional revenue for the gederal government? is this the first time projects take considerable time to pass through due process? cheesy
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by BigB11(m): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2006
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by BigB11(m): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2006
LOVERBWOY or whatever you call yourself.

Keep in mind that there is absolutely no reason for me to speculate or lie.

My name is big b1 not ODEKU; I just don't engage in a discussion based on inconclusive evidence.

I try to be fair, civilized and not to be judgemental unlike some other folks.

May God bless Nigeria
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by Odeku(m): 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2006
Big B1 EFCC is looking for you, only a corrupt mind will know a corrupt leader, you and your hero are going down AGAINST IBB WE STAND AND IN UNITED WE STAND as a nation to fight corruption at all level
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by LoverBwoy(m): 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2006
BIG B1 or whatever you call yourself

no one accused you of lying i asked you to provide a link of what u were using. plagiarism is a crime you know1

and what you posted was someone's personal opinion-like some untrained investigator really
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by BigB11(m): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2006
LOVERBWOY: If you can not understand the comment you've posted, how can you understand mine?

Read your comment again and you will realize why I've responded to your comment the way I did.

You and ODEKU OR FLEX must be from thesame village; you guys have trouble comprehending.
Re: Atiku Is A Disgrace To Nigerians by LoverBwoy(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2006
will you call what you post by pelumi conclusive evidence ?
you initially posted someone work without making reference to it, so i can speculate whichever way i want!

I will still prefer you to explain how the article you posted prove the VP innocent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Wike Sacks State's Accountant-general / "Buhari's Darkness Has Covered The Glory Of Nigeria" - FFK / Gov. Elrufai Leads Delegation Of Kaduna Government Officials In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.