Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist (13438 Views)

Parade Truck Used By Enugu Rangers During NPFL Trophy Display / Shame! Only 5 Out Of 20 NPFL Clubs Have An Official Website. Check Out List. / Valencia Cf Vs NPFL All Stars 2 - 1 On 10th August 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by denedene(m): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
I wish to own a football club. it will gladden my heart, nairalanders please contribute let's have nairalanders Fc
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by StepTwo: 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
AnneMomoh:

Thunder?

Nairaland go soon sue you disturbing their peace.

You no go leave dem alone ni?
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by RealSleek(m): 11:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ojestas:
FTC again. . i dunno about those mentioned points,,all i know is that u don't win away games in naija.else, u r dead as the ref.

Update urself....this season they hvmore away wins this season...u shud watch naija made on SS...no matter what dis na our game...the sense of belonging we hv to those foreign clubs is false and nothing bt a mirage....Up enyimba!

2 Likes

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by StepTwo: 11:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
Emperortj93:
watch me own my own npfl team when bet9ja pay

Bros, i like ur dream.......it's rili big.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ojestas:
FTC again. . i dunno about those mentioned points,,all i know is that u don't win away games in naija.else, u r dead as the ref.

When last did you watch or even read a news on the NPFL. There has been lots of away wins recently, more even this season

1 Like

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by iseyinoro(m): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
This OP knows little or nothing about the Nigerian Football League.You concentrated on Privately owned clubs of the 80s and early 90s as if the presently government owned clubs are doing better.LMC just increased the prize money to 80 million despite the fact that an average state governor spends about 200 million every year.Is that a loss or gain? Can you compare the spectators turnout in the 90s to what we have presently?
Our league is the 90s was well managed because of the zero government interference as most of the clubs were privately owned.
Most governors see football investment as a political tool in order to gain popularity unlike the Adebajos and Lekan Salamis of the that invested because of their love for the game.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Dannidom(m): 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
In my own opinion Nija neva reach level wey govt go dey invest for our relaxation na still building level na im we still dey busines b4 pleasure nobe so dem talk am. So make una chil we go stil reach there
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Ojestas(m): 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
vfactor:

When last did you watch or even read a news on the NPFL. There has been lots of away wins recently, more even this season
lol. .like 4 years ago.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ojestas:
lol. .like 4 years ago.

So u r wrong! Things have changed
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Emperortj93(m): 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
StepTwo:

Bros, i like ur dream.......it's rili big.
when others are busy castigating our league, me I wanna make the league better

bet9ja pls ooooo nah una hand I dey
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by StepTwo: 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
Emperortj93:
when others are busy castigating our league, me I wanna make the league better

bet9ja pls ooooo nah una hand I dey

I sure say dem wan dash you d company with all their life savings join am.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Emperortj93(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
StepTwo:

I sure say dem wan dash you d company with all their life savings join am.
time will tell
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by taiocol: 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ojestas:
weed was typing
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Ojestas(m): 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
taiocol:
weed was typing
lol. . U typed this while weeding? can weed type ? don't be like that poster above u... ok?
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by taiocol: 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
iseyinoro:
This OP knows little or nothing about the Nigerian Football League.You concentrated on Privately owned clubs of the 80s and early 90s as if the presently government owned clubs are doing better.LMC just increased the prize money to 80 million despite the fact that an average state governor spends about 200 million every year.Is that a loss or gain? Can you compare the spectators turnout in the 90s to what we have presently?
Our league is the 90s was well managed because of the zero government interference as most of the clubs were privately owned.
Most governors see football investment as a political tool in order to gain popularity unlike the Adebajos and Lekan Salamis of the that invested because of their love for the game.
Which 20million are you talking about here.
You know little or nothing about these clubs yet you talk like you know much. The highest wage paid by the government to the best player in a team is less than 100 and most of the players wages are unpaid for over 8months(Like the port Harcourt teams). Few of these players in the league earn little above 250,000 (Gabros, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves and Enyimba ) in which the players wages are paid monthly. The league is being managed well by the lmc. Hope you won't complain when clubs are being ejected outta the league over unpaid wages and teams paying below the minimum wage set(150,000).

crownprince102
uduokirika1, krasid, honeric01, , groundnutoil

1 Like

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by mmsen: 12:21am On Jun 06, 2015
StepTwo:
haha!

NPFL, which investor wan go put im money for league wei dem d tidy refree anyhow?

League where you can't win an away match for fear of violence.

No way.

If you invest, you invest in security and you put in place a code of behavior so that those that breach the code are sanctioned.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by StepTwo: 12:27am On Jun 06, 2015
mmsen:

If you invest, you invest in security and you put in place a code of behavior so that those that breach the code are sanctioned.

and who says there's no code of behaviour right now?

Players and clubs get their punishment for violence.

There's just something wrong with domestic league we don't know about.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by mmsen: 12:44am On Jun 06, 2015
StepTwo:

and who says there's no code of behaviour right now?

Players and clubs get their punishment for violence.

There's just something wrong with domestic league we don't know about.

The problem is that teams in the league are run by those who are also squandering state resources in other arenas.

If they were forced to be lean and efficient then wastage and misconduct is unlikely to be tolerated, or at least to the same degree.

If you were running a football club as a business you would do everything to ensure that everyone at the show that is football was safe.

It's not enough to respond to a act, there has to be proaction in preventing the prohibited act.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by crownprince102: 1:32am On Jun 06, 2015
laurel03:
football club 4 9ja is like charity organization that is why most club playing professional league in nigeria are financed by government... no Tv right, no sales of club jersey and other club tinz, people watch most of dr match for free etc
What? Are u for real?

No TV right? What about the $34 million deal signed with supersport last year?

No Sale of club jersey? Visit Enyimba's website and get urs there. Kano Pillars, Shooting Stars, etc sells jersey to fans.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Innunique: 5:31am On Jun 06, 2015
Ojestas:
and who said so, when pillars unbeaten run at their home ground started,it was after a home loss to julius berger in 2003. u are one of d bad reporters of our league,d whites have many errors in their league,but they dont say it out like we do over hear. u can say away-win ratio is low,but all that changed as frm around 2011 season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by blasterman(m): 5:32am On Jun 06, 2015
ednut1:
because there is no money to be made, dstv dat made epl easily accessible to Africans yet south Africans follow the local league with passion , the typical nigerian fans ( excluding aba and kano fans), prefers to watch EPL. your 50 naira u pay in viewing centre gets to dstv thru subs, which in turn gets to Epl, which in turn gets into the UK economy thru taxes and consumption. Africans make una wise up o
N.B do not quote as i am high on orijin

football is a profitable busineess because the passion is there. football as a product is over sellable just marketing and investment and the profit will come.

IF NFA ppl dont know what to do they can get a consultant to tell them how to make nigerian football the no 1 in africa
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Innunique: 5:42am On Jun 06, 2015
laurel03:
football club 4 9ja is like charity organization that is why most club playing professional league in nigeria are financed by government... no Tv right, no sales of club jersey and other club tinz, people watch most of dr match for free etc
Update urself because U are still feeding on spoilt food. More than half of NPFL teams do sell jerseys, they have contracts with reputable jersey companies that make replicas for them. Like joma, Adidas, Owu sports, and a host of others. d lowest ticket for an Enyimba game is N500 and the stadium is 25000, do the maths urself.
No T.V rights? do U know how much supersport paid to own it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Innunique: 5:45am On Jun 06, 2015
ednut1:
because there is no money to be made, dstv dat made epl easily accessible to Africans yet south Africans follow the local league with passion , the typical nigerian fans ( excluding aba and kano fans), prefers to watch EPL. your 50 naira u pay in viewing centre gets to dstv thru subs, which in turn gets to Epl, which in turn gets into the UK economy thru taxes and consumption. Africans make una wise up o
N.B do not quote as i am high on orijin
Well u said u are high on something, so maybe when U are more sane and stable with ur organs fully functional, wud give u the correct meal (right info) to feed on.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by laurel03(m): 5:47am On Jun 06, 2015
crownprince102:

What? Are u for real?

No TV right? What about the $34 million deal signed with supersport last year?

No Sale of club jersey? Visit Enyimba's website and get urs there. Kano Pillars, Shooting Stars, etc sells jersey to fans.
how many people u see on d road dt wear enyimba jersey,kano or taraba fc jersey? I am a 3sc fan and I know that government only finance d club in d name of ibadan tinz sometimes in a year they spend more than 400millions on shooting alone and they never gained 100million back... That is why most club that played in Nigeria premier league are finance by their state government...
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Innunique: 5:52am On Jun 06, 2015
franconian:
I nor fit tanda for front of TV dey watch match wey be say players plenty pass spectators.

I nor fit watch league wey be say na home team dey always win.

I nor fit watch match wey commentator dey shout "seeeee shoooootttt".

Make them up their game!

Do u know how many games I watches on LA liga that has empty stadium that even a Lobi Stars match cud beat its chest with pride and say "this ones no reach"? even in Italy and France and Holland. Apart from their top clubs that do have filled seats day in day out, the rest of their teams na trampoline them dey take cover the empty seats cos no fans. Go confirm wetin I tell u so, but them no dey talk am out like U dey talk about our own.
And away-Win don plenty wella, abeg talk another thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Innunique: 5:56am On Jun 06, 2015
efilefun:
NPL where every player is under 20.. so funny seeing most of them in the current flying eagles team tongue

Imagine the ref in the second pic blowing against the keeper behind him and you think he wont leave the pitch with several broken bones? NPL just like the economy (its in total mess)

This happened in the lower league (NNL) last season, and not in the NPFL (Top League). and they were severely punished for it. it can't happen in this era of our top league. Spotlight FC of Katsina tried something similar last week in the NNL, go ask them, them dey hear scores now. The League management dey deal with them presently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osimhen Says It "Feels So Good To Be Back", Praises Napoli Teammates / Quincy Promes: Spartak Moscow Forward Sentenced To 18 Months In Jail For Assault / Oduduru Breaks Sub 10s Record In Big-12 Championships, Qualifies For Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.