Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist (13436 Views)

Parade Truck Used By Enugu Rangers During NPFL Trophy Display / Shame! Only 5 Out Of 20 NPFL Clubs Have An Official Website. Check Out List. / Valencia Cf Vs NPFL All Stars 2 - 1 On 10th August 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by rafindo(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2015
denedene:
I wish to own a football club. it will gladden my heart, nairalanders please contribute let's have nairalanders Fc
.yes we can start by having at least 5000 members sign to these idea then we are good to go
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Empredboy(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2015
laurel03:
how many people u see on d road dt wear enyimba jersey,kano or taraba fc jersey? I am a 3sc fan and I know that government only finance d club in d name of ibadan tinz sometimes in a year they spend more than 400millions on shooting alone and they never gained 100million back... That is why most club that played in Nigeria premier league are finance by their state government...
what is the colour of kano pillar home n away jersey? Pillars jersey is all over lagos. Made by cone, the same with enyimba. I beg talk with facts
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Ojestas(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2015
Empredboy:
i beg follow this season and see for yourself. Thanks
The camera, picture quality, pitch, commentaries. . Hope they r upgraded as well, cos these r the major reasons i don't watch .
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2015
Innunique:

Once my money complete, I dey go buy Enyimba straight or another Eastern club. Then Una eyes go open, una go dey beg me to buy shares in it, but I will say "depart from me for I know U not!"

Ha!ha!ha! You are funny. But how much remain to complete ur money. I hold N150.50. E go do?
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by rafindo(m): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2015
Innunique:

That phase of Govt owning clubs would soon end before U even know it has happened. Presently it has been laid out how communities wud own their respective clubs or individuals, but U know Naija now, they are all waiting for who to start first before they join. From about 4seasons now, I don't think we haven't had sponsors and we will keep having. but mind u the "League sponsorship" thing is becoming phased out, like the USA league has done which the premier league wants to copy from 2016. so as Naija dey copy premier league, we fit join suit too.

we can start by forming a supportership trust club which in turn will own a club.we can actually start such initiative here in naira land.the essence of this forum is to share ideas.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by laurel03(m): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
Empredboy:
what is the colour of kano pillar home n away jersey? Pillars jersey is all over lagos. Made by cone, the same with enyimba. I beg talk with facts
but d you remember d poster ?? Why private club cease to exist in NPFL.... Abeg leave ?? Of home jersey or away jersey of Kano pillar? I have been watching Nigeria league since late 80s.. Kano home jersey is yellow and and dey always wr green jersey whenever dey play with shooting star....which private club have won Nigeria league since 1990? Did you know days of Abiola babes? B4 dey changed d club to concord FC? Why Moshood Abiola first stopped financing Abiola babes Did you know history of heartland Fc? Private can not run pro club in nigeria except dey it for charity
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by taiocol: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
I support Warri Wolves but I have complete set of Pillars Jersey bought em from em direct while there where in cross river for a friendly
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Empredboy(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
laurel03:
but d you remember d poster ?? Why private club cease to exist in NPFL.... Abeg leave ?? Of home jersey or away jersey of Kano pillar? I have been watching Nigeria league since late 80s.. Kano home jersey is yellow and and dey always wr green jersey whenever dey play with shooting star....which private club have won Nigeria league since 1990? Did you know days of Abiola babes? B4 dey changed d club to concord FC? Why Moshood Abiola first stopped financing Abiola babes Did you know history of heartland Fc? Private can not run pro club in nigeria except dey it for charity
I am the poster. Ok? Those private clubs who won the league in 90s are udoji utd,eagle cement. Guy what i wrote in dat article is that if abiola had been selling the replica jersey, have a like 5yrs development plans, have good managment team by now it wont have folded. Same with nnwayahun national who changed to heartland.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Empredboy(m): 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ojestas:
The camera, picture quality, pitch, commentaries. . Hope they r upgraded as well, cos these r the major reasons i don't watch .
bro follow my thread cos every week i will always post an article about the npfl. Most of the pitches are sythetic. The coverage is by supersport. Kit suppliers are.. Adidas,joma,cone,owu just to name few.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Empredboy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
rafindo:
may God bless u my friend, this what I have been saying we need to defeat this trend if not we will be enslaved for life.why I support the participation of the private sector I also wish to advocate the community fan base ownership where concerned fans will own a club. the Barcelona model or the Portsmouth model
amen bro. By next week i will post something about the league. Thanks
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Ojestas(m): 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
Empredboy:
bro follow my thread cos every week i will always post an article about the npfl. Most of the pitches are sythetic. The coverage is by supersport. Kit suppliers are.. Adidas,joma,cone,owu just to name few.
Aiit bro , u v convinced me well!
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Empredboy(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ojestas:
Aiit bro , u v convinced me well!
thanks
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by laurel03(m): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Empredboy:
I am the poster. Ok? Those private clubs who won the league in 90s are udoji utd,eagle cement. Guy what i wrote in dat article is that if abiola had been selling the replica jersey, have a like 5yrs development plans, have good managment team by now it wont have folded. Same with nnwayahun national who changed to heartland.
its not easy in nigeria system for private to runs football club at pro level and me self been asking ds For longtime.... check all d team dt played contemporary premier league non is private own except Giwa Fc owned by chris Giwa and I sure d state govt will be assisting.... May be because of the corruption in the sector or fear for investor that it long term goal...
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by denedene(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
rafindo:
.yes we can start by having at least 5000 members sign to these idea then we are good to go
1 down, 4999 to go.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by taiocol: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
rafindo:
No. 2

1 Like

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by taiocol: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
For those talking about Jersey how many of the guy's in this picture are wearing Jersey of foreign teams? That's if you know wolves Jersey and the game is still live

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by iseyinoro(m): 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
taiocol:

Which 20million are you talking about here.
You know little or nothing about these clubs yet you talk like you know much. The highest wage paid by the government to the best player in a team is less than 100 and most of the players wages are unpaid for over 8months(Like the port Harcourt teams). Few of these players in the league earn little above 250,000 (Gabros, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves and Enyimba ) in which the players wages are paid monthly. The league is being managed well by the lmc. Hope you won't complain when clubs are being ejected outta the league over unpaid wages and teams paying below the minimum wage set(150,000).

crownprince102
uduokirika1, krasid, honeric01, , groundnutoil
What you wrote showed you don't know how these clubs are run.
First,most chairmen of clubs are politicians who got the appointment as a compensation for supporting the governor. What you get to know is that these political appointees a siphone monies meant for payment of salaries of the players and running the clubs.
Second,how much do you think these clubs spend when they are on the road or when they are on continental duties? By the time you critically analyze these posers,you'll know that the way clubs are run today is far worse than how private individuals ran their clubs in the past.
More so, most governors see these clubs as an avenue to gain popularity among football fans and did not understand the rudiments of owning football clubs. How do you explain the rationale behind the Rivers State government's ownership of two clubs?
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by taiocol: 12:01am On Jun 07, 2015
rafindo:
5000 of nl members or who
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by rafindo(m): 12:07am On Jun 07, 2015
taiocol:
No. 2
no 3.
weust keep these thread alive in other to make history
things must change.if the thread goes away from the front page it must be brought back immediately.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by taiocol: 1:06am On Jun 07, 2015
rafindo:

no 3.
weust keep these thread alive in other to make history
things must change.if the thread goes away from the front page it must be brought back immediately.
Not possible

1 Like

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by rafindo(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2015
Preview Over a period spanning a long decade of formation of supportership in the world one needs to evaluate logical, critical and analytical the gain the effect it has on a particular goal or objective in this world. This form of social gathering forms a powerful tool that can be used to solve problems that created divide in the society and in particular community relationship in one another. This form can easily be classified as a tripod partnership that comprises of the public (government), private individuals or corporate organizations and finally the people who are mainly classified as the receiver and the backbone of any project in the world. : Football thrives in diversity and multi-cultural ethnicity. That diversity is actually what is supposed to work to our advantage. Plenty of flavour and colouration. For one it is suicidal to expect that tax payers money should be spent unaccounted for in football. This concept simply means the clubs being owned by the people instead of Government. Where by 10000 people pay 5k (five thousand ) membership fee The constitution of the club should spell it clearly that everyone would have equal share for 50yrs at least so that the annual renewal would run and build funds for the sustenance of the clubs over the years. Every business without accountability and financial integrity would never grow or gain value and respect. With this idea of fan ownership, is it possible to get grant/loan from bank to expand or will it be done as normal contribution. If a club has 10000 fans committed to the cause in five years they would increase income by 35% through merchandise and adverts. A topical example of community ownership is FC Barcelona and Real Madrid. These are clubs owned by communities not individual or group. We must agree that the present system of government patron is criminal, lacking in financial best practice and corporate integrity.

1 Like

Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Isaac0808: 7:27am On Feb 11, 2016
Arcard:
Na only pirate nd chiefs gt crowded stadium odas r empty. da league stl dy learn buh i lov chief ds season eh straight win all the way

When was the last time u watched a PSL match? All matches have atleast half capacity crowds at stadia that's roughly 25000 at a 45 000 capacity stadia which most SA stadia are.

The league isn't the best but it's improving, crowds are loving it n since Supersport s broadcasting rights r ending next year , so many broadcasting companies r gunning for the exclusive rights. Govt has proposed blocking out signal in. Cities games r played in. Looking forward to the 2016/2017 season
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Arcard(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Isaac0808:

When was the last time u watched a PSL match? All matches have atleast half capacity crowds at stadia that's roughly 25000 at a 45 000 capacity stadia which most SA stadia are.

The league isn't the best but it's improving, crowds are loving it n since Supersport s broadcasting rights r ending next year , so many broadcasting companies r gunning for the exclusive rights. Govt has proposed blocking out signal in. Cities games r played in. Looking forward to the 2016/2017 season
OK sir
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by Isaac0808: 3:19am On Jun 10, 2016
1. npfl has improved under the LMC, as a suffer I watch the games on supersport like I do every other Africa. league. the truth is African teams are still struggling with issues such as club licencing and finding a mere kit sponsor. some teams practice with Adidas shirts but play with no brand shirts, others u see a keeper with brand x , other players with brand y and so on.

2. even if private ownership exists, infrastructure is still the biggest issue and for Africa s giant I Dont know why government can build 20 000 seaters world class like in UK or US.

3. the idea is to create a marketable brand that attracts people. now the PSL realised how big their brand is being the most watched league in Africa, they set up a media house for the 2016/2017, supersport and sabc will be feeding of this rather than hold rights as they do now.

4. The league should reach even the man on the ground, national free to air stations should broadcasts matches,

5. Supporters must be patriotic , I mean create cult following of teams. fans encourage sponsors to be associated with with the group, do activations at match day venues

6. government must not intervene at all with the league

7. change your calendar though.
Re: Why Private NPFL Clubs Cease To Exist by tck2000(m): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2019
Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Signs Contract With NFF To Lead Super Eagles of Nigeria / Osimhen Says It "Feels So Good To Be Back", Praises Napoli Teammates / Quincy Promes: Spartak Moscow Forward Sentenced To 18 Months In Jail For Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.