Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. (23396 Views)

"Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Sack Farming From Start / Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2015
sil4all:

Please I tried searching for details on the HTC bags online but no result...can u tell how and wia to get the bags....the price range also..
Thanks

The big ones in the first picture is sold in Nairobi by the NGO propagating vertical farming for N2,500 per bag and can last up to 10yrs if properly used. They have a demonstration farm where people are taught vertical farming and that is where the man in the video learnt it. One can easily produce it in Nigeria once one have a sample to use to source the material locally and give a tailor to copy the design.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
lanre2009:

Thanks bro, do keep me posted as soon as you have the time and day it the program will be airing.

lt is on Wednesdays 8p.m Nigerian time.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by lanre2009: 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
Pavore9:

lt is on Wednesdays 8p.m Nigerian time.

Thanks boss... smiley wink
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by lanre2009: 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
I just finished watching smart farm on citizens tv, today they featured a farmer that is into the cultivation of SWEET POTATO. Right now i am watching SEEDS of GOLD on NTV, today's episode is about production of DAIRY MILK through Urban Farming. One of my areas of interest. Thanks boss
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
lanre2009:
I just finished watching smart farm on citizens tv, today they featured a farmer that is into the cultivation of SWEET POTATO. Right now i am watching SEEDS of GOLD on NTV, today's episode is about production of DAIRY MILK through Urban Farming. One of my areas of interest. Thanks boss

l have been travelling but l got to watch them via online streaming. That man did prove that one can comfortably go into diary farming even in the urban area and he is generating more than those Fulanis who are roaming round Nigeria His cows are really enjoying as music is being played for their listening pleasure! cheesy He is even selling the biogas from his cow dung to his neighbours.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by lanre2009: 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
It was really inspiring to see the different things one can process cow milk into....

Pavore9:

l have been travelling but l got to watch them via online streaming. That man did prove that one can comfortably go into diary farming even in the urban area and he is generating more than those Fulanis who are roaming round Nigeria His cows are really enjoying as music is being played for their listening pleasure! cheesy He is even selling the biogas from his cow dung to his neighbours.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 7:07am On Jul 04, 2015
lanre2009:
It was really inspiring to see the different things one can process cow milk into....

You saw that woman making 150% profit from making yoghurts from d fresh milk...value addition makes business sense!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by lanre2009: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2015
Of course i saw that part too. The Lesson the woman's part of the business re affirmed for me is to ALWAYS SEE AN OPPORTUNINTY IN WHAT OTHERS CONSIDERS A PROBLEM - She started processing milk into yoghurt because according to her, her children likes taking yoghurt but all the yoghurt she could get to buy in the market always gives the children sore throat after taking it. So she started yoghurt production at her home so the children could enjoy their yoghurt. She later realized she could take it to the next levels by commercializing the production of her yoghurt. grin wink

Pavore9:
You saw that woman making 150% profit from making yoghurts from d fresh milk...value addition makes business sense!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
lanre2009:
Of course i saw that part too. The Lesson the woman's part of the business re affirmed for me is to ALWAYS SEE AN OPPORTUNINTY IN WHAT OTHERS CONSIDERS A PROBLEM - She started processing milk into yoghurt because according to her, her children likes taking yoghurt but all the yoghurt she could get to buy in the market always gives the children sore throat after taking it. So she started yoghurt production at her home so the children could enjoy their yoghurt. She later realized she could take it to the next levels by commercializing the production of her yoghurt. grin wink

Which Free to Air service offers NTV and Citizen in its package in Nigeria though l did watch them on DSTV when last l was in Nigeria.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by lanre2009: 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
It was installed for me by one of my technician friends. He installed it on qsat and strong decoder for me. The decoder also has some other coded uses...And it's absolutely FREE
Pavore9:

Which Free to Air service offers NTV and Citizen in its package in Nigeria though l did watch them on DSTV when last l was in Nigeria.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
lanre2009:
It was installed for me by one of my technician friends. He installed it on qsat and strong decoder for me. The decoder also has some other coded uses...And it's absolutely FREE

''coded uses''.....l fear you o! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by boluwajokosegun: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
Pls @ lare2009 send me d technician number to eesteeresources@gmail.com
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by lanre2009: 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
Pls @ lare2009 send me d technician number to eesteeresources@gmail.com

Malix - 08091525901. He is a nairalander, you can search his moniker (malix) on nairaland.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2015
Anna F1 tomatoes being grown organically in bags. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by enolife(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
lanre2009:

Hi, I have been following your posts and i am really impressed by what you are doing. I will surely contact you soon. I noticed that this video you posted is on CITIZENS TV. I am able to get the channel free to air in Nigeria and I would like to be watching the agricultural programs they air. Please what time do they air the SMART FARM programs and is their any other agricultural programs they air. Please drop your phone number/email address. Thanks
please which decoder are yiu suing

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by lanre2009: 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
enolife:

please which decoder are yiu suing

Search for MALIX, he's a nairalander. He has quite a number of posts here on nairaland and it shouldn't be a problem getting his phone numbers. Tell him LANRE referred you. cheers!!!
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by enolife(m): 1:22am On Aug 18, 2015
lanre2009:

Search for MALIX, he's a nairalander. He has quite a number of posts here on nairaland and it shouldn't be a problem getting his phone numbers. Tell him LANRE referred you. cheers!!!
ok thanks
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2015
Pavore9:
Anna F1 tomatoes being grown organically in bags. cool
God bless u sir, pls how do I get those big bags? Do u know if i can source for them in Nigeria. Thanks for all your help
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

God bless u sir, pls how do I get those big bags? Do u know if i can source for them in Nigeria. Thanks for all your help

Of course, one can source them in Nigeria as all you need is get one of the big bags from Kenya (it costs about $10) then one uses it to go get the exact material from the local market then get a tailor to have it sewn exactly like the one brought in. Attached is the image of the bags ready for purchase. You can visit the organization's website it is http://www.realimpact.or.ke/ also like them on Facebook it is Real Impact. l hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 8:51am On Aug 20, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

l am told the bag weighs only 600gms.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2015
Pavore9:

Of course, one can source them in Nigeria as all you need is get one of the big bags from Kenya (it costs about $10) then one uses it to go get the exact material from the local market then get a tailor to have it sewn exactly like the one brought in. Attached is the image of the bags ready for purchase. You can visit the organization's website it is http://www.realimpact.or.ke/ also like them on Facebook it is Real Impact. l hope it helps.
Do you think they will ship to Nigeria, Abuja precisely
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Do you think they will ship to Nigeria, Abuja precisely

They are not conversant with the Nigerian route. l know they courier the bag(s) for N450 to Nairobi from their centre which is about an hour drive from Nairobi. One is then free to take it wherever they want to from that point. The biggest bag weighs about 600gms (less than a Kilo) and you now have the options of having it sent through courier or the regular mail which NIPOST handles from the Nigerian end.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:42am On Aug 20, 2015
Pavore9:

They are not conversant with the Nigerian route. l know they courier the bag(s) for N450 to Nairobi from their centre which is about an hour drive from Nairobi. One is then free to take it wherever they want to from that point. The biggest bag weighs about 600gms (less than a Kilo) and you now have the options of having it sent through courier or the regular mail which NIPOST handles from the Nigerian end.
Sir please can u help me arrange for it? I will contact u on ur email. Hope I can use them for the berries I bought
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by phoenixchap: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Pavore9 and world1 you guys have really been wonderful, making the lives of every youth in the nation hopeful again, more grease to your elbows sir. I think I will consider agriculture again. On coming across this video on sack farming it make it possible for almost anyone to earn from farming not minding the size and quality of your land. Please help make arrangement for the bags I will need a couple of it as you have rightly said will get the material and engage someone to pull the piece together. I wish everyone intending this success on all sides.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 11:47am On Aug 21, 2015
A short video on bag farming.....wherever you hear shillings, multiply it by 2 to get the Naira equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A9VgMB1HXg

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by boluwajokosegun: 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hope d materials can be source in naija
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Mikkyhandy(m): 9:08am On Nov 19, 2015
@Pavore9, I can't really thank you enough for this job weldone. I have some questions as touching this vertical Farming. 1. Can I use ordinary sacks, since I want to do it in small quantity. 2. Can one plant pepper and what type will be okay. Thanks.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2015
Mikkyhandy:
@Pavore9, I can't really thank you enough for this job weldone. I have some questions as touching this vertical Farming. 1. Can I use ordinary sacks, since I want to do it in small quantity. 2. Can one plant pepper and what type will be okay. Thanks.

Since you are experimenting, you start with ordinary sack bag though the durability will be shorter since it will regularly get in touch with water. On the surface, you can try out any pepper you want they by the sides you can try vegetables like green, lettuce, then spices like curry, coriander. Make seed beds for them and transplant afterwards.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by MsJJ(f): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
noblefarm:
I have been trying to reach u @pavore, I dunno how to reach u so I decide to use here. pls how can u help me with apple seedlings, I heard its available in Kenya and one can send that to Nigeria tru DHL. I was told to contact kephis. can u help me out? I want to try it in Nigeria here. thanks

The nursery in Jos where I buy my plants from used to have, not sure if they do, can ask for you.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by gaussy(m): 10:00am On Jan 09, 2016
Vertical grow bags for sale

Buy and a get a free pack or either coriander or lettuce wink

Call now 080three584117two
Re: Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. by Pavore9: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2016
noblefarm:
I have been trying to reach u @pavore, I dunno how to reach u so I decide to use here. pls how can u help me with apple seedlings, I heard its available in Kenya and one can send that to Nigeria tru DHL. I was told to contact kephis. can u help me out? I want to try it in Nigeria here. thanks

In the coming weeks, it will be possible to get the apple seedlings as the documentation for export and import licenses are going on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Commissions Josan Rice Farms And Mill / Nigerian Woman Gets $7 Million Grant From World Bank / Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.