Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,874 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy (11609 Views)

The Promise Keeper ( A Story By Uncutz) / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
Just felt like sharing this short fiction with you all. All rights reserved. Enjoy!

He bent swiftly to avoid being hit on the head by the angry student but unluckily the stick still found its way to his skull. He let out a loud cry and ran to the side of the road. He picked up a bottle and returned to the student for revenge. The student on sensing danger ran for his life. But angry Obot didn’t give up as he ran after him and hit the bottle on his head. The student fell down as his head started bleeding almost immediately. This drew the attention of the people around who ran to the scene and separated the fight.

He woke up to a bright morning in its splendor. His stomach rumbled in hunger. He went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth. While in the bathroom he thought on how he would finally defend his project in school. It had been three months since he had been working on his project; it was so stressful three months that some nights he had to sleep in the studio. But thank God it was going to be over in a few hours.

He went to his fridge brought out his pot of vegetable soup he cooked. The soup still looked fresh thanks to PHCN. For the past 48 hours there was light in his area, something that happens once in a blue moon. In 45 minutes he was ready to go and defend his project. He dressed in a blue suit with a blue tie and a white shirt. He checked himself in the mirror and wowed at himself. He was looking really good.

He walked down his street to where he could board a bus. On getting there he, was surprise at the crowd. He stood there for about thirty minutes before a rickety bus emerged. The crowd did not allow the bus to park before they started jumping into it. The struggle was so intense that people were flung to the ground. It became a stamped. Obot who had his project to defend that morning had to struggle for himself. He ran to the bus, pushed some people away and tried to enter the bus by force. He almost entered the bus when he got a massive punch on his jaw.
“You dey mad”? The angry boy queried and gave him another jaw re-structuring blow. Obot couldn’t control himself as he retaliated.
By now the bus had been filled up and had left. Leaving unfortunate Obot and the school boy behind. The young handsome looking men became beasts. They punched and roared at each other. Obot got his head popped open by the barbaric young student making him go kolo-mental. He roared like a wounded lion. At that state even though his mother held him from fighting he will kick her out of his way and fight. He scanned his environment and found a bottle lying freely on the side of the road. He picked up the bottle and went for his opponent.
P e w! Pieces of broken bottles and blood went flying in the air. The school boy fell on the ground unconscious. That was when he came to his senses. He turned around gathered his entire document into his fill bag in a bid to flee the scene.
“Hold am dia”! Came a voice from the crowd that had gathered to watch the fight. Instinct told him run and he did not hesitate as he ran with all the amount of energy he had.

The excited crowd that were watching the fight turned into a mob. They chased him. Obot knew if the mob catches up with him they won’t want to listen to any stories he had to tell them rather they would descend on him. So he kept running to God knows where. He came to a junction, he turned left and kept running. He turned back to see the mob chasing him with big sticks and cutlasses and they seemed to have increased in number. And some of them looked like beasts with horns and tail. So he kept running. Until he arrived at a big river his instinct told him jump and he did. He landed deep in the river. That was when he realized he couldn’t swim. He opened his eyes to see a fish coming for him. He knew he couldn’t swim, the mobs were at the bank of the river, and the fish will swallow him. So he shot his eyes and said his last prayers. He expected the fish to swallow him like Jonah but the fish rather kissed him on his fore head. You know why the fish kissed him? Because he did the right thing at the right time. He prayed. Did you pray before going out this morning

cc lalasticlala

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by waxyung(m): 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
Wow.. So magnificent nd interesting. I luv dis

1 Like

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by holicalpha(m): 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
Sequel; THE KISS FROM A PYTHON.

Coming to Theaters on SEPTEMBER 17

WATCH OUT!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by tociano009(m): 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
This gay below dont know what to say
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by Flashh: 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
Why will i kiss a fish?

I will come back tomorrow after Champions League to read how one mumu fish wan take kiss me. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by puregirls(f): 11:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
tongue

yea i made Front page! i dedicate it to all that hit me like..just 10likes(muah kiss)

nice story OP..KISS kiss

7 Likes

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
OP.......I love your story.......laced with enough humour and finally the message it passes across.

I must endeavour to pray first thing every morning and last thing every evening......Thanks again OP.

5 Likes

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by slys(m): 11:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
Op
.. Your weed level na 10/10
I swear

5 Likes

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by slys(m): 11:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
Heheheheh

1 Like

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by Nokiae5: 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
sleep abeg
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by iceberylin(m): 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
Sleeping
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by braine(m): 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hmmm... I love the twist. It reminds me of a twisted story I read this evening.

1 Like

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by timpaker(m): 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hheehheheheh. Nice piece. cool
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by donsmall94(m): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
The story na Effect of Osogbo weed
Rumpelstiltskin:
hmmm
braine:
Hmmm
Wetin do una?
Flashh:
The topic has discouraged me already!
Why will i kiss a fish?
Help me ask those 2 poster wey I quote.

1 Like

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by lekinz(m): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
What a nice piece, thumbs up @op
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
Lolz may God never allowed us to be kissed by a FISH! I love this piece....

1 Like

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by ikechukwu354(m): 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
potrays violence in a country so blessed... violence is the theme of this piece of work and we should pray that God protects us from the mad people in those streets. the so called hustlers thats not how to hustle bro

1 Like

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by sinaj(f): 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
xo what apned after d kiss of life

did d fish vomit him to d mob or allowed him to live in water
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by jumich1(m): 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by whitestar01(m): 11:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
So he prayed to endanger another man's life
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by billynoni(m): 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
AnneMomoh:

fullstop?
No Ma'am,just booking space,really tired to comment last nite.
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by lexaydfg(m): 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
Is dat all? nice 1 op

1 Like

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by crixlight2(m): 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
I don dey here ooooo. Stay off pls
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
donsmall94:

Wetin do una?
This is pure blackmail bro embarassed Which time I post hmmm? undecided tongue
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by braine(m): 12:01am On Jun 06, 2015
donsmall94:
The story na Effect of Osogbo weed

Wetin do una?

Help me ask those 2 poster wey I quote.
We smoke the weed together na.

1 Like

Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by donsmall94(m): 12:04am On Jun 06, 2015
braine:
We smoke the weed together na.
U be OP ao far u na guy or d breeze of the thing wey OP smoke wey the inspiration of that story take come, the breeze reach ur side?
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by donsmall94(m): 12:05am On Jun 06, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
This is pure blackmail bro embarassed Which time I post hmmm? undecided tongue
Bros u edit d thing na wetin u write before na.
NL has exposing space bookers since 19th century.
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by DerrickzB: 12:15am On Jun 06, 2015
Nice one Sir.. more grease to ya able. FP... cool
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by Relish101: 12:22am On Jun 06, 2015
Mumu... After kissing the mumu lik u wey jump insyd water... Wetin com happen!? D fish take am stroll abi,? Or the hoodlums wey dey wait for am live dere ni?... Bad ending.. We need part 2 ;DMumu... After kissing the mumu lik u wey jump insyd water... Wetin com happen!? D fish take am stroll abi,? Or the hoodlums wey dey wait for am live dere ni?... Bad ending.. We need part 2
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by Humblebloke(m): 12:23am On Jun 06, 2015
Interesting piece!!!

The end tho'undecided
Re: The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy by petux(m): 12:28am On Jun 06, 2015
is diz wat u want to use du weekend 4 me? ah! op m hungry of slapping u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diary Of A Naija Boy. / How Does One Become A Member Of The Association Of Nigerian Authors? / Cyprian Ekwensi's Books - PDF Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.